Transformers News: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons

Wednesday, May 23rd, 2018 12:59PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 15,322

Several fans in Asia now have Transformers Power of the Primes Predaking now in hand. The Photo Vault Facebook page has been updated with plenty of shots of Predaking along with the individual Preadacons Razorclaw, Tantrum, Headstrong, Rampage and Divebomb in both their beast modes and robot modes.

Now these shots will look better than what we have seen before simply thanks to the black background which hides the back kibble on Tantrum and Headstrong. We also get the best look yet at Rampage's face which does indeed have some paint. We also get a look at the poster which comes with Predaking. As you can see from the images of Predaking himself, he is extreamly poseable, maybe more so than any previous release of the character, official or not. Let me us know if you agree!

If you want to compare with the G1 toys, we have our own galleries for those right here:

Transformers G1 1986 Predaking

Transformers G1 1986 Razorclaw

Transformers G1 1986 Tantrum

Transformers G1 1986 Headstrong

Transformers G1 1986 Rampage

Transformers G1 1986 Divebomb

Credit(s): Photo Vault

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961180)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on May 23rd, 2018 @ 1:05pm CDT
Not looking too bad, I might end up getting these if I have the chance! Gonna need some 3P weapon upgrades, but that's fine by me.
Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961190)
Posted by Node on May 23rd, 2018 @ 1:44pm CDT
Great! Thanks for the high quality images.... Who's more-dumb-than-sneaky idea was it to make the background black. I realize this isn't Hasbro sharing the images, but come on.

Its a little late in the game to hide the baggage so I'm not sure if they're trying to sway some undecided buyers on this or someone just didn't want to show the chunky bois trunk junk on their fackebook?

They look good here, but at this point I want just to see everything clearly.
Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961195)
Posted by bluecatcinema on May 23rd, 2018 @ 2:04pm CDT
Some great pics there.
Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961196)
Posted by steve2275 on May 23rd, 2018 @ 2:06pm CDT
samoa joe looks great :lol:
Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961198)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 23rd, 2018 @ 2:18pm CDT
I hope/wish you can detach the big ole legs. That would make all of this way better. You know, like the feet and wings. Pop those dudes right off. Come on Hasbro. You know it would be the only thing to make these individual robot modes right with the world.
Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961204)
Posted by jtanimator on May 23rd, 2018 @ 3:13pm CDT
Combined mode looks incredible. But honestly, it's like they didn't even try with the transformations of the individual components. ESPECIALLY Divebomb, who could've been one of the best of the bunch. Those are some SERIOUSLY oversimplified transformations, even if they were deluxe classes, LET ALONE for a bunch of voyagers!
Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961210)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 23rd, 2018 @ 3:55pm CDT
I love how posable he is and divebomb looks great stood up but the black back drop is hiding a lot like what's going on with headstrong's feet, it looks like it's barely connected to the leg.
Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961214)
Posted by Flashwave on May 23rd, 2018 @ 4:08pm CDT
The More I see of these guys, the more I warm up to them. They aren't perfect by any means, the Thigh Mohawks being the most screamingly obvious, and while I would like to have gotten more of a Linebacker Predaking, I can't wait to have him even as he is.
Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961220)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on May 23rd, 2018 @ 4:51pm CDT
Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961223)
Posted by Mykltron on May 23rd, 2018 @ 5:21pm CDT
Wow, I would have adored these figures 30 years ago.
Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961225)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 23rd, 2018 @ 5:25pm CDT
I'll be skipping on pretty much all the PotP toys except the Pretenders. But one that I can't miss is that Predaking. :APPLAUSE:
Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961228)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 23rd, 2018 @ 6:10pm CDT
SpikeyTigertron wrote:I just don’t think Predaking was going to catch a break with the fandom... the “easiest” fix would have been to make his abs/waist/hips/thighs a separate stand alone unit along with his hands/feet aka G1 Devastator. But then we would have complained he was a parts forming cheater-mccheat-face

No offence but you seem to be taking some of the other users criticisms personally. Just because others don't like these figures shouldn't have an effect on if you like them or not.
Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961229)
Posted by Burn on May 23rd, 2018 @ 6:26pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:The More I see of these guys, the more I warm up to them.

Same. I wasn't impressed at first but they/he has definitely grown on me.

Plus it's a modern release of an old figure/set so it's kind of an automatic buy for me anyway. But I may cave to my "nah, not interested in 3P mate!" attitude depending on what weapon upgrades that come out.
Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961230)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 23rd, 2018 @ 6:32pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Well that was a read...

Fenir@ sorry mate but I can't see that decision being reversed any time soon, I know that many would love for the takara differences to return but since takara agreed to it so easily, it would take a lot (and I mean a lot, like 80%) of fan support to change. There is some good news as maybe with this joint approach, the problems that people find with the hasbro releases could be improved starting with the next couple of toy lines. A pessimistic view would be that takara no longer care about tf that much and rather spend the extra money on their fully owned brands like diabattles or the one about the transforming trains. Businesses do tend to go to where the money is after all.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!
Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961232)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 23rd, 2018 @ 6:43pm CDT
He needs them spike knuckles badly! 8-)

Hopefully some 3rd party will rectify this ( lacking the sword isn't too big an issue but again, another symptom of the unification business model, Fortmax JP had his sword while Hbs did not (not counting on the Asian/SDCC versions of course).

Should Hb/Takara still continue with the no kibble design or go back to the original part connecting combination set up? Only ones left would be KingPoseidon, Landcross,Roadcaesar, Dinoking and Leokaiser(if they try to do him and the others right)
Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961235)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on May 23rd, 2018 @ 7:02pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:But that Ironman kickbutt pose is really Awesomesauce. Accept it, you'll be buying him for the Pking mode(same as Devs). Given how the former is set up, the built in no kibble setup is sure to rear it's ugly head. At least with Devs, Longhaul (the cuddliest under appreciated psychopath engineer took most of the slack).

I do think that Star Saber (riffing off of the Leader evolution) and throw in Leo Kaiser would be an interesting pull. But since the unification... idk... did Hasbro ever acknowledge God Bomber from Unite Warriors?

It's interesting you mention the kneeling/crouching pose. Maybe it's just the angle... but it actually looks *really* good. Most of the time, when I try to do that with your average CW/PotP combiner... it just doesn't *quite* work out. I think I got Victorion (with the help of her sword) into something half decent.... One thing I haven't quite figured out with Headstrong and Tantrum is.... do the legs fold up under the beast modes with the connectors *under* the heads? If they do... that's completely backwards from their orientation in combined mode. Maybe the mounting plates under the beast heads just do a good job of evoking the combiner hip?
Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961236)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on May 23rd, 2018 @ 7:08pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:

I might be getting burned out with some of the negativity in some of my other fandom forums, and it might be bleeding over here. So thanks for checking me on that. I'll try to be more mindful. But you're right at the end of the day. Whether I enjoy Predaking (and I intend do) really doesn't matter at all if *anyone* else buys him.

In many ways I'm just happy to be seeing an official new version at all. I'd always wanted the original growing up (eventually got the re-release) and as much as I appreciate the G1 for what it is.... in a post Beast Wars world (ball joints) it makes it hard to enjoy the older figures from an interaction standpoint.

I suppose another reason why I'm fearful of (sometimes quite valid) critisims with Transformers... I've seen the brand die off twice in my lifetime, combined with Toys R Us folding, cost-cutting/design choices with much of the other action figure liness (dropping to *basic* articuation) I wonder if sometime toys are a bit of a dying breed.
Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961243)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 23rd, 2018 @ 7:55pm CDT
Now see, those images finally actually made the individuals look pretty ok! Predaking is the main mode here, but at least there seems to be a bit more going on with the individuals than I initially thought.

I'm warming to them some now
Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961246)
Posted by Burn on May 23rd, 2018 @ 8:05pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I'm warming to them some now

So warm it's like your hair is already on fire. :WHISTLE:
Re: High Quality In Hand Images of Power of the Primes Predaking and Individual Predacons (1961250)
Posted by Grimlocktimus on May 23rd, 2018 @ 8:50pm CDT
Gotta say, the original convention photos didnt do this justice (and the black background didnt hide anything in these images as far as I`m concerned), and while I was always going to get this set (combiners are the best gimmick ever as far as the toys go) these images completely sold it for me! Never had the original so while it won`t be as nostalgic for me as Devastator, it will still be amazing, and look great next to Devastator, Poseidon, and Warbotron Bruticus.
Transformers products from AMAZON