Thursday, October 25th, 2012 10:34pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,271

Our friend Alfes 2010 has received Takara Tomy's Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor, and posted three galleries worth of high quality images. We've mirrored some of his images below, but many more can be found at the following links:

Vehicle Mode
Robot Mode
With MP-10 Convoy 2.0

Credit(s): Alfes 2010

Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1433963)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on October 25th, 2012 @ 10:43pm CDT
Sexy.. Me wants!
Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1433968)
Posted by DevastaTTor on October 25th, 2012 @ 10:51pm CDT
Between the video and these photos, I'm convinced. Maybe I'll ask for him for Xmas; I'm sure some in the family likes me enough to get it for me... I hope.

Besides, how can I say now to that killer alt mode?!?
Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1433974)
Posted by Rhinox23 on October 25th, 2012 @ 11:08pm CDT
That last picture is EPIC! I'll definitely be stealing that for my display...only with a gun in his left hand while charging! Great coverage of MP Sideswipe all around! :BOWDOWN:
Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1434005)
Posted by BumbleDouche on October 26th, 2012 @ 12:16am CDT
I came, I saw, I ejaculated.
Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1434025)
Posted by FortMacs on October 26th, 2012 @ 2:17am CDT
Looks amazing, made me want it even more....think i may have to wait and hope hasbro will release one here.
Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1434028)
Posted by RhA on October 26th, 2012 @ 2:22am CDT
I was going to buy this guy... Then came a Fort Max reissue.
Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1434059)
Posted by Trikeboy on October 26th, 2012 @ 4:35am CDT
I love when people post comparison photos and not include the one everyone is asking about, Universe 2.0 Sideswipe or at the very least his mold mates. That being said, he looks amazing. I'm so glad I preordered him.
Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1434064)
Posted by noctorro on October 26th, 2012 @ 4:43am CDT
Not into buying takara MP's. He looks great, I think Hasbro will release him. But why the Sideswipe news spam, have they released Soundwave already? First release one, then announce the next. I have the feeling if we see something a year later you'll be able to get it.
Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1434068)
Posted by Mykltron on October 26th, 2012 @ 5:04am CDT
I didn't notice before that only the bottom half of the lower leg is open. That's a nice surprise.

RhA wrote:I was going to buy this guy... Then came a Fort Max reissue.

I'll play with SW much more so it was an easy decision for me!
Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1434072)
Posted by NTESHFT on October 26th, 2012 @ 5:17am CDT
Come on BBTS, where is he? I can't wait to get him...
Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1434101)
Posted by Slashercon on October 26th, 2012 @ 7:18am CDT
An undeniably beautiful figure. :APPLAUSE: I REALLY don't want to get it. :sad: Cus, I know, that if I get MP -12 Sideswipe, then I'll want a MP-10 Optimus Prime to go with him. (After seeing these picture I really want MP figures of Megatron (Smaller to scale of course), Ironhide and Ratchet (would love for some mid sized bots.) and Arcee and/or Elita 1 (Neither really did get a proper G1 toy to begin with and would love to to see some fembots in MP form.)
Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1434105)
Posted by Grimlock Shakur on October 26th, 2012 @ 7:46am CDT
wow... so freakin TINY!
I think I'll pass on him, hopefully Hasbro will release him here for half the price, that's what he's worth... if the body was metal like the G1 than the 90 dollar price tag I've seen will be worth it, I'll stick to my $20 Alternator for now... ;)

I heard rumors that iGear will be releasing a down sized "Megatron" soon... so that should be cool! I wanted the mp megs but I've read about the rust problems and he looks odd with his skeleton legs... haha

:BOT:
Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1434159)
Posted by bareda on October 26th, 2012 @ 10:54am CDT

:BOT:[/quote]

I actually like the size, big isn't always better, and the scale is actually quite spot on with regards to the original figures and cartoon. You can easily get this guy for 70$ and not 90$ as well...
Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1434204)
Posted by bossman328 on October 26th, 2012 @ 1:26pm CDT
Wow...that does look pretty sweet!! But I've got to believe that hasbro will release a version of him. They've pretty much released every MP mold except megs in the us right? he's gonna show up at some point...maybe a year and a half down the line...but I can wait
Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1434209)
Posted by RodimalToyota on October 26th, 2012 @ 1:43pm CDT
I'll take the future 40$ version from Hasbro, No metal, and no rubber = what the hell is the point of paying for a Takara version.
Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1434223)
Posted by Grimlock Shakur on October 26th, 2012 @ 2:53pm CDT
bareda wrote:

I understand the whole scale thing... but I'm just asking for a bit better quality, some metal, not just the feet, rubber tires (I know rubber can go bad but look at the g1 figures, still going strong!) and some other things, but it's all good, I'm sure Hasbro will release it here as a Duo pack with Red Alert for 89.99! :lol:
Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1434322)
Posted by padfoo on October 26th, 2012 @ 8:43pm CDT
Grimlock Shakur wrote:
bareda wrote:

I agree with you, I don't care for metal on these toys, but compare MP Optimus to this guy, he has rubber tires, solid legs (not hollow), better articulation........ All around the previous MP figures do not seem as cheap, as Sideswipe and Red Alert although MP Soundwave looks like he is of similar built quality to the previous MP molds.
Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1434327)
Posted by Seibertron on October 26th, 2012 @ 9:00pm CDT
Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1434335)
Posted by Anonymous on October 26th, 2012 @ 9:14pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:The toy looks great. It really looks awesome. However, in my opinion it's still too small when compared with MP-10 Convoy. Should've been about an inch or 2 taller.

I agree. Kind of measures up in-between Bumblebee and himself in the cartoon. He's still very Jessica Alba though.
Re: High Quality In-hand Images: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (1434342)
Posted by Seibertron on October 26th, 2012 @ 10:02pm CDT
breakdown99 wrote:

I keep thinking that G1 Sideswipe came up to Optimus Prime's chest, but even the G1 toys have basically the same proportions as these Masterpiece figures do, which is weird because G1 Sideswipe and G1 Optimus Prime look great together but Masterpiece Sideswipe and Masterpiece Convoy look off. Weird.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #284 - Welcome to 2010
"Welcome to 2010"
Posted: Sunday, September 12th, 2021

Buy "ThreeA Transformers Bumblebee Movie BLITZWING DLX FIGURE SHIPS FROM USA NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot Vintage And Movie Series" on EBAY
Buy "transformers studio series #65 blitzwing from Bumblebee movie NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege - Crosshairs - Deluxe Class NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots SWIFT THE CHEETAH BOT MiniCons" on EBAY
Buy "Megatron Cyberverse Commander Movie DOTM Transformers Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Stratego Transformers Milton Bradley Board Game 2007 - 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Ultra Magnus new sealed mosc commander" on EBAY