Monday, July 31st, 2017 10:15am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 27,616

For all those wishing we had better scans of the pack in Takara legends comics and translations, we have something close for you. Sabrblade found high quality scans along with an english description of what is happening in the LG-EX Black Convoy pack-in comic (The Exclusive Takara toy based on Titans Return Optimus Prime). It is incredible how much can be packed into 4 pages.

Sabrblade wrote:At last, full high quality scans and an English summary of the Black Convoy pack-in comic.

Click each to see full size:

Transformers News: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic

Since his reformatting into a heroic Autobot in a small protoform body, Black Convoy has been put in charge of a Dimensional Patrol protoform squadron charged with capturing the remaining Combatrons, who have fled to the Legends Universe. His soldiers locate the fugitives and forcibly reformat Greejeeber into one of them, and when his comrades reach out to help, protoform-Greejeeber turns on them and reformats them as well. Only Dolrailer gets away and urges Dark Ai to save herself, believing her to be their last hope. The arrival of a black tanker truck briefly makes him think Black Convoy has returned to normal, but the vehicle reveals itself to be a mass-produced Dimensional Patrol drone based on Convoy's old body and reformats him.

Refusing to leave the Legends world with Dark Ai still on the loose, Black Convoy and Skids announce that during their indefinite stay, the world's transtectors will be sealed off for the security's sake. As Autobot Axalon and Decepticon Tera-Kura alike grumble about this, Dark Ai appears at Axalon and reveals that she's carrying backup data of Black Convoy and the Combatrons' evil personalities. Rattrap and the Autobots agree to help her install the data into Black Convoy and make him turn on the Dimensional Patrol, just as the Patrol learns of Dark Ai's location and have their drones carpet bomb Axalon. The Autobot Headmasters fight back by incapacitating the drones with Skids's keep-out tape, modifying them into transtectors, and taking control of them. Black Convoy responds by scanning Hardhead and adopting a Headmaster form himself, but this is just what the Autobots had been hoping for: as soon as Black Convoy combines with one of the drones, Dark Ai enters its cockpit and installs the backup data, restoring Black Convoy to his "normal" self. Turning against the Dimensional Patrol, he helps the Autobots drive Skids and the protoform soldiers out of the Legends Universe.

In the aftermath, Black Convoy restores the other Combatrons and prepares to return home, now in command of new drone soldiers captured from the Patrol. He considers conquering the Legends Universe first, but writes it off as a joke when the Autobots train their guns at him. Dark Ai punishes him for the jest with an electrical whip while teaching him that the enemy of your enemy is your friend, surprising Rattrap with the fact that she's the domineering one of the two.

Credit(s): imgur and tf wiki

Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901118)
Posted by Kurona on July 31st, 2017 @ 7:56pm CDT
Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901121)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on July 31st, 2017 @ 8:02pm CDT
Kurona wrote:I'm finding myself continually frustrated with how Takara's Triggerhappy looks. It's very minor, but the white guns seem to be tinted blue and what they've gone for with the face just doesn't look as good as Hasbro's. But I really want that Targetmaster...

I have the Hasbro version, and...to be honest, while the Targetmaster is neat, I just don't care. Hell, I don't even use his actual guns on mine, I just have him use the arm-mounted ones. And to me, the Hasbro face paint is better, and the peg hole on the Takara chest looks weird.

Not sure if that'll actually help your decision, I just wanted to throw that out there. ;)^
Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901130)
Posted by Emerje on July 31st, 2017 @ 8:38pm CDT

I feel like a lot of the colors in these photos come down to bad photography. The guns and other color-matched parts are different colors between the photos. But wouldn't it make more sense for those parts to be the same color as the pure white on the head?

I'm a little more concerned about the head being a lighter shade of blue from the rest of the body, that's consistent in all of the photos.

Emerje
Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901146)
Posted by primalxconvoy on July 31st, 2017 @ 11:28pm CDT

The heck?
Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901148)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 31st, 2017 @ 11:37pm CDT
primalxconvoy wrote:What? Scourge gets turned into an Autobot, and turns the other Cobatrons into Autobots, only to be fought by OTHER Autobots who want to turn him and his comrades BACK into Decepticons?

The heck?
Even as a good guy, Black Convoy maintains a Lawfully Evil brand of order that's just too rigid for the other good guys to tolerate. ;)
Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901150)
Posted by Emerje on July 31st, 2017 @ 11:52pm CDT

The heck?

My understanding was that Skids' group of dimension hoppers was going against the will of the other Autobots and Decepticons on the Legends planet so Rattrap's group helped Dark Ai change Black Convoy and the Combatrons back to normal. Decepticons on the planet aren't so much "evil" as they are unscrupulous corporate rivals (even the ones that aren't natives) so turning them back into Decepticons isn't as bad as it would be in other stories. Mainly they were just trying to get them away from Skids and protect their Transtectors.

Emerje
Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901174)
Posted by primalxconvoy on August 1st, 2017 @ 4:32am CDT
Cheers. It's still a weird story. Not really my cup of "Ocha", if you will.
Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901176)
Posted by Kurona on August 1st, 2017 @ 4:56am CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:

This is very true; if I was looking at it purely from a toy perspective, I wouldn't have much of a reason to go for Takara's over Hasbro's -- Hasbro's product is better, cheaper, and the only negative is it doesn't come with a Targetmaster which honestly doesn't look that amazing.

... buuuuut I want said Targetmaster. For headcanon fiction reasons.
Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901182)
Posted by Insurgent on August 1st, 2017 @ 5:33am CDT
I'm just hoping there will be some way of getting those targetmasters later down the line. Honestly, while I'd prefer those three jets have their targetmasters, the holes in their jet modes make me prefer the hasbro ones.
Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901183)
Posted by Kurona on August 1st, 2017 @ 5:43am CDT
Yeah, that's also a problem. Not one I particularly mind, though -- more areas to put guns are good, especially if they're right in the middle for symmetry. Not that the Targetmaster gun will look good anywhere...
Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901197)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on August 1st, 2017 @ 8:59am CDT
Buy both and resell the Takara without the Targetmaster? Oh, and what's this headcanon of yours? :D
Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901236)
Posted by Emerje on August 1st, 2017 @ 11:49am CDT
You know, if that rumor about a new Transformers subscription from Hasbro turns out to be true that would open the doors to things like a box of Targetmaster guns or pack them with six other characters like they did the Ultra Magnus Titan Master, and the rest of the Autobot Targetmasters (Crosshairs et al).

"Stay tuned!"

Emerje
Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901534)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on August 2nd, 2017 @ 11:32pm CDT
Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901538)
Posted by Emerje on August 3rd, 2017 @ 12:00am CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:So did I imagine that Blitzwing will be a part of the Legends line? :???: I guess when I read about Octane I simply assumed but I guess I was wrong...? #-o :VEHI:

It would be shocking if they didn't do him eventually since the previous figure was from the Generations line. I think the only reason why Octane happened first was because of Trypticon. I'm sure we'll hear something by the end of the year for a 2018 release.

Emerje
Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901562)
Posted by Va'al on August 3rd, 2017 @ 4:40am CDT
In other news from Takara Tomy, this time about the Transformers Legends line, we have confirmation thanks to site sponsor TFSource that the Clone Autobot set, Blitzwing, and Overlord from the Titans Return line will see their Japanese release as LG-58, LG-59, and LG-60!

Again, we still have no images for the three listings, but prices in USD will be approximately 35, 55, and 90.

Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901571)
Posted by Insurgent on August 3rd, 2017 @ 5:34am CDT
Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901572)
Posted by Kurona on August 3rd, 2017 @ 5:35am CDT
Insurgent wrote:Do we know if the clones will be all 4, the Cloudraker/Wingspan pack or a Pounce/Fastlane pack?

We do not, but considering it's called 'clone set' rather than 'destron clone set' or 'cybertron clone set', I'm gonna assume it's all four.

Hey so disregard all that, the listing is actually for a "Clone BOT" set, so it's just Cloudraker and Fastlane for now.
Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901573)
Posted by Insurgent on August 3rd, 2017 @ 5:39am CDT
Hhhmmmmm...... I'll be keeping an eye on that, if I can't find hasbro Pounce and Fastlane for a proper price.

EDIT: Hhmhmmmmmm..... I'll be keeping an eye on that, if I can't find hasbro Fastlane for a proper price.
Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901575)
Posted by Kurona on August 3rd, 2017 @ 5:43am CDT
Honestly, with Takara releasing the clones like this, I'd fully expect Hasbro's Pounce and Fastlane to fall dramatically in price on ebay.
Re: High Quality Scans and English Summary of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Black Convoy Comic (1901585)
Posted by Insurgent on August 3rd, 2017 @ 6:46am CDT
I hope so. That would be perfect.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers RID Windblade - Warrior Class 2016 - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Pop! Retro Toys G1 Transformers SHOCKWAVE #83 SDCC 2021 Shared Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Transformers Combiner Wars WHEELJACK Deluxe Class Complete Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "AIR RAID Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Aerialbot Superion 2015 Complete" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Robots in Disguise SPRINGLOAD Incomplete Action Figure Frog RID Fig" on EBAY