Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online

Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online

Wednesday, September 5th, 2007 11:01pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Darth Bombshell   Views: 18,392

Earlier in the day we broke the story of the official release date of the Transformers Movie, and now, courtest of DVDActive.com, we now have hi-res images of the front cover, back cover and inside of the single disc and two disc special edition versions of the film. Check them out in all of their glory by clicking here.

Credit(s): Autobot032, Allspark.com, DVDActive.com

Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (326648)
Posted by Ninja Sixshot on September 5th, 2007 @ 11:06pm CDT
whats with sam holding up the allspark like that? same opinion about the artwork. theyre probably trying to make the cheaper people feel better.
Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (326658)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 5th, 2007 @ 11:09pm CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:Front Paged And Credited. :grin:

Woo hoo! Yay! *claps like a retarded seal*
Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (326663)
Posted by Death_Destructicon on September 5th, 2007 @ 11:13pm CDT
That is so cool! But the single disk one's cover looks way better than the 2-disc.
Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (326666)
Posted by Air Commander Starscream on September 5th, 2007 @ 11:15pm CDT
Wow....damnit I might end up getting all 3 versions! :MAD:
Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (326680)
Posted by i_amtrunks on September 5th, 2007 @ 11:28pm CDT
They really suck.
All of them, not a single cover or inside shot gives me a feeling of the movie, they all feel bland and generic.

The 2 disc Special Edition pics with Prime on the side in particular feels like it has been stolen from somewhere...
Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (326698)
Posted by Snowtron on September 5th, 2007 @ 11:36pm CDT
I think getting the 2 disc would be cool but it looked like it had like 3 covers i'd rather just open the one and its not so chunky he he he chunky.
Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (326796)
Posted by Lefthand convoy on September 6th, 2007 @ 12:34am CDT
I want to let everyone know I am selling off my entire collection on eBay. My auction listings are under itsallme123 if anyone is interested. I should have them all listed by the weekend.
Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (326807)
Posted by Collector Maximus on September 6th, 2007 @ 12:47am CDT
Sad...doesn't look like there is mention of Peter Cullen anywhere.
I guess they just don't understand.
Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (326829)
Posted by Hans on September 6th, 2007 @ 1:09am CDT
Collector Maximus wrote:Sad...doesn't look like there is mention of Peter Cullen anywhere.
I guess they just don't understand.

Yeah, he's important enough in the movie to at least get a mention in the castlist on the back cover, IMO.

Looks like I'll have to buy both versions... the single disc because the artwork is way better... and the double disc for the extras. Very clever marketing, guys..... grrr.
Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (326853)
Posted by buckeye99 on September 6th, 2007 @ 1:34am CDT
Call me crazy but I *LOVE* the 2-disc SE cover art... simple and gets the point across.

:x
Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (326884)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on September 6th, 2007 @ 1:54am CDT
Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (326925)
Posted by Autobot032 on September 6th, 2007 @ 2:41am CDT
Megatron_Wolf wrote:The Sleeve it self sucks but the box is sweet. Im disappointed with the collectors edition. Kinda bland. If its a metal case that would kick ass but i doubt it. Is the walmart one going to look different or just come with something extra?

Coming with something extra. A video of the prequel comics, with the movie actor voices (including Peter Cullen reprising as Optimus Prime), and pseudo-animated, kinda like moving pieces of a storyboard around.

I believe it's on the single and 2-Disc sets, but only found at Wal-Mart. I'm not sure if I want that exclusive, or wait and see what the other chains come up with.

Hmm. =\
Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (326987)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on September 6th, 2007 @ 3:56am CDT
Oh crap the 2 disc set will have the crappy look?

Shit
Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (327102)
Posted by Auto Bot on September 6th, 2007 @ 5:36am CDT
Download! :)
Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (327215)
Posted by Skowl on September 6th, 2007 @ 7:29am CDT
Prefer the art on the single disc, but I rather get the special edition for the obvious bonuses. I might pick up both, isn't the single-disc DVD only supposed to be like 10$ or something?

And people shouldn't be surprised about not having Peter Cullen listed. Aside from the fans who know him by name, he isn't the most known actor around.

It's not like random soccer mom is going to pick up the DVD for her kids, see Peter Cullen's name and go 'hey, he's the guy who did the original voice of Optimus!'. Even if he has done other stuff, he's not 'famous' by any means. When Leboeuf and Duhamel have ('Disturbia') and ('Las Vegas') in parenthesis next to their name, it means they have star power. And sorry to say, Cullen doesn't have 'star power', only to us he does.
Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (327224)
Posted by Archanubis on September 6th, 2007 @ 7:33am CDT
Definately getting the Special Edition
Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (327241)
Posted by Sean on September 6th, 2007 @ 7:45am CDT
I believe they're trying to offer more to those that intend on buying the single disc .much like when there are some like us that will be buying the two disc set we'll be getting more content. so in another case trying to be more fair to whoever that buys either set
Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (327255)
Posted by jonusjaxon on September 6th, 2007 @ 7:53am CDT
How come they got good designers to make the robots but crappy designers to do the DVD package?
Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (327269)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on September 6th, 2007 @ 8:05am CDT
Great, now I gotta get the regulat and the 2disc set.

I hate that 3 head montage they keep using, to me it just shows everything wrong with these designs and neglects the goods.

So I'll get that set and toss that stupid sleave(or maybe put it on the dart board) and take out the very nice inner sleave, and stick it in the 2 disc set. Then I'll just give it to my nephews.

I believe this should work out well.
Re: Hi-Res Images of Transformers DVD Packaging Online (327368)
Posted by skippytron on September 6th, 2007 @ 9:18am CDT
why must they continue to use the same boring old pics that were released in the months before the movie came out?

its almost as though its a knock off made by some chump that stole the pics from the web. crap.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege: War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Chromia Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron 3 Sharkticons Attack Hotrod Figures" on EBAY