Wednesday, September 26th, 2018 2:54am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 14,693

It's that time of the month again as Loopaza Mega Store over on Facebook provides us with full, hi definition scans of the Japanese hobby publication Figure King Magazine, now on issue #248 - which means we have a full spread of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege, the Bumblebee Movie toys part of Studio Series (including Legendary Optimus) and the simplified lines, Blue Big Convoy, and more!

You can check out the entire selection below, as Cyberpath shared the images with us to be mirrored, and use the links above to join the conversation on each of the threads related to the topic of your choosing.

Hi-Res Scan Figure King No. 248 Transformers

This month Magazine Figure King cover the first line up of SIEGE. Also there is the confirmation date of the MPM-7 Bumblebee and more.

Transformers News: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More

Credit(s): Loopaza Mega Store

Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1986150)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 26th, 2018 @ 8:14am CDT
Legends Blue Big Convoy is looking blue-ti-ful!.
Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1986167)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 26th, 2018 @ 10:29am CDT
Those targetmaster modes are cracking me up. I'm not sure those are good enough to call those Micromasters triple changers, Hasbro/Takara. ;)
Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1986172)
Posted by william-james88 on September 26th, 2018 @ 10:54am CDT

Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1986185)
Posted by no-one on September 26th, 2018 @ 12:13pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:I am well aware that the MPM has more transformation steps than the SS VW Bumblebee but in in robot mode they really look like an upscale/downscale of oneanother
I'm feeling ya there. They look so alike I feel that I only need one or the other. But which one? it'll be the SS

How much larger is the MPM anyway?
Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1986193)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on September 26th, 2018 @ 1:10pm CDT
Va'al wrote:

This group shot is great! Now we have a solid idea of how these figures will scale with one another. Ultra Magnus is definitely a smaller Leader class figure than what we've been used to in the Prime Wars Trilogy. What I REALLY want to see, though, is how Ironhide looks scaled to everyone else. I hope he's a larger Deluxe figure, bigger than Deluxe Sideswipe by at least a head, but still shorter than Voyager Optimus Prime. Hasbro has been showing off some amazing skill in pushing the size variance within a size class with the Studio Series, so I think it's entirely possible they can do a bit of that magic with the Siege line as well. If Ironhide is no bigger than the standard Deluxe class figure, I might just pass. I'm one of the minority who is actually happy with the Universe 2008 mold as a "Classics Ironhide." Only superior size scaling is going to move me to buy into the Siege version of Ironhide (and subsequently, Ratchet).
Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1986194)
Posted by william-james88 on September 26th, 2018 @ 1:11pm CDT
carytheone wrote:

How much larger is the MPM anyway?

It will be the SS for me as well. With Hasbro no longer making their MPM boxes trilingual, I can no longer get MPMs as easily and at the right price where i am, plus I am far more forgiving for lack of accuracy for a lower priced figure.

It should be double the size of the SS figure, which I think has reached a new record for tiniest deluxe not called sqweeks.

Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1986199)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on September 26th, 2018 @ 1:47pm CDT
Is there a gold standard for size scales for G1? I would guess the animated series guide is the best one, but it's a much more gradual scale than size classes would easily support. I've been broadly satisfied with Generations, but the board responses tend to be critical in ways I don't really understand.
Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1986200)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 26th, 2018 @ 1:57pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:Is there a gold standard for size scales for G1?
Nope! - https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Scale
Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1990659)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 23rd, 2018 @ 9:17pm CDT
Thanks to our monthly source for high-resolution Figure King Magazine scans Loopaza Mega Store on Facebook, we have the newest scans for issue 249, which features the Decepticons of Transformers: Siege, and Legends Big Powered! The new scans give us a great look at the new Siege Shockwave, a figure that has been the topic of many discussions since its reveal.

Interesting to note here is that Shockwave, even with his gun feet, is still around the same height as Megatron, meaning this Leader class Wave is definitely phoning in the size class with the bulk and armor pieces attached to himself. It is satisfying to see that Shockwave still bows to the scale rule set forward by the line, despite the questionable size class choice.

Big Powered is also shown off, though we don't get much more in the way of pictures than we already have.

Check out the scans below, and let us know what you think below and in the Siege thread and Legends thread!

Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1990663)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on October 23rd, 2018 @ 9:40pm CDT
Huh... Looks like even with the shoes that Shockwave is shorter than Megatron... Huh.
Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1990700)
Posted by SkyFire Prime on October 24th, 2018 @ 4:32am CDT
Is Shockwave supposed to be bigger than Megatron?

Everyone was complaining he was leader sized and too big, now they revealed he's a Voyager with Add-ons and the complaint is he's too small?

Looks fantastic to me thanks Hasbro!
Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1990703)
Posted by leokearon on October 24th, 2018 @ 5:51am CDT
SkyFire Prime wrote:Is Shockwave supposed to be bigger than Megatron?

Looks fantastic to me thanks Hasbro!

In most continuities, they are roughly the same size.

Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1990704)
Posted by Big Grim on October 24th, 2018 @ 6:33am CDT
Sky Tread is a must have.
Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1990707)
Posted by Emerje on October 24th, 2018 @ 7:03am CDT
leokearon wrote:The problem for me is this proves WFC Shockwave is a ripoff, they are expecting people to pay Leader Class money for a Voyager.

I want that Shockwave in my hands right now (just a couple more months!) and I'll be more than happy to pay $50 for it.

Emerje
Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1990709)
Posted by RiddlerJ on October 24th, 2018 @ 7:07am CDT
Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1990713)
Posted by Emerje on October 24th, 2018 @ 7:22am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:What's going on with Shockwave's shoulder pad thingies? Look how hollow they are.

It's so the extra arms can be moved freely from end to end depending on the configuration.

Emerje
Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1990721)
Posted by Randomhero on October 24th, 2018 @ 8:21am CDT
leokearon wrote:
SkyFire Prime wrote:Is Shockwave supposed to be bigger than Megatron?

Looks fantastic to me thanks Hasbro!

In most continuities, they are roughly the same size.

Hasbro said they’re following the original scale guide pretty close and Shockwave is shorter than Megatron and Soundwave
Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1990725)
Posted by Randomhero on October 24th, 2018 @ 8:28am CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

I agree. I very much hate it people are throwing fits saying they won’t pay $50 for a voyager and he’s not. He’s leader, he’s got extra bits to bulk him up and that’s what this line leader class is. It’s not about height with this line it’s about their gimmick and honestly, they made a Shockwave that turns into his gun mode. The reason he’s a leader with all those extra parts is to make him a ship and hide that which I’m cool with.

Same people who refuse to pay $50 are also the same people who say they’re going to ignore the armor bits and leave them in the box. That’s theyre problem for ignoring what makes it a leader class not hasbros.
Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1990733)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on October 24th, 2018 @ 9:00am CDT
A simpler way to think of this is, I would rather pay $30 for just the base figure that $50 for the figure as released. I think that's a valid criticism.

It's a great figure, I'm going to drop the $50, and I think the dual blaster boots at least will make for good add-on weapons. I'm not surprised that others are talking, though.
Re: Hi-Res Scans of Figure King No. 248, with Transformers Siege, Bumblebee and More (1990734)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on October 24th, 2018 @ 9:18am CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Thank you!!! :APPLAUSE: ;)^ :VEHI:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Toys Studio Series 59 Deluxe Class Bumblebee Movie Shatter Action" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations - Combiner Wars-AUTOBOT HOUND Figure - Sky Reign Piece" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Studio Series 42 - Construction Long Haul Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 38 Optimus Prime Bumblebee Movie Hasbro 2018 MISP!" on EBAY
Buy "SILVERBOLT AERIALBOT TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE GENERATIONS ULTRA CLASS 2008 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Laserbeak + Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS ER EX-18 IRONHIDE & PROWL Figure MIB by Takara Tomy" on EBAY