Hisashi Yuki Designs and Prototype for Beast Wars II Galvatron

Tuesday, November 24th, 2015 6:06am CST

Categories: Toy News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 39,295

Also from TFYuki today, we have some original work on the character of Galvatron from Beast Wars II, and a grey prototype of the winged fellow next to his Beast Wars Megatron counterpart! Yuki talks about wanting to incorporate some of the elements of the original non-beastly design of the character, as can be seen in the sketch, but changing it enough to fit to the new series. Check out the mirrored images below.

Transformers News: Hisashi Yuki Designs and Prototype for Beast Wars II Galvatron

Credit(s): TFYuki

Re: Hisashi Yuki Designs and Prototype for Beast Wars II Galvatron (1743902)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 24th, 2015 @ 6:13am CST
I own Galvatron II. One of the hardest beotches to transform....ever :lol:
Re: Hisashi Yuki Designs and Prototype for Beast Wars II Galvatron (1743905)
Posted by RAR on November 24th, 2015 @ 6:26am CST
fenrir72 wrote:I own Galvatron II. One of the hardest beotches to transform....ever :lol:

How so - I don't transform mine much any more - but that is because I'm weary of the small tabs and the gold plastic not because he's difficult - I wouldn't say he is at all, much much less fiddly than Big Convoy is for example.

The only issue I'd have with him is the same one I'd aim at Lio Convoy which is floppy hinges during transformation.

He also has the shoot yourself in the face action feature that is an issue sometimes around that time with poorly designed rocket triggers.

But he's pretty easy to get from Beast mode to cannon mode. and not much more difficult to get from beast mode to robot mode.

The only thing I can think of that might qualify as difficult is that he has to be transformed in a set way and if you don't know the trick you might get a little stuck with the clearance on his tiny arms - which requires folding his cannon swivel one way and then the other to get the beast arms past that piece.

I can't think of anything difficult on him other wise he's pretty intuitive.

If there is any images of the Silver version floating about I'd be interested to see that in more detail - I've always thought it was a shame this mould didn't get a colour option a bit like what Combiner Wars Megatron has now.
Re: Hisashi Yuki Designs and Prototype for Beast Wars II Galvatron (1743936)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 24th, 2015 @ 8:55am CST
Such an awesome mold that needs to be remade. Wish it wasn't one of the lost molds. Would have made a great Deathsaurus for BotCon 2005 instead of the CR Gigatron/Devil Gigatron/RiD Megatron/Galvatron mold.
Re: Hisashi Yuki Designs and Prototype for Beast Wars II Galvatron (1743960)
Posted by palmcd on November 24th, 2015 @ 10:14am CST
Love that mold
Gatling Gun Knees
Re: Hisashi Yuki Designs and Prototype for Beast Wars II Galvatron (1744026)
Posted by .... on November 24th, 2015 @ 2:56pm CST
Re: Hisashi Yuki Designs and Prototype for Beast Wars II Galvatron (1744031)
Posted by Railbomb on November 24th, 2015 @ 3:22pm CST
SillySpringer wrote:It looks a bit clunky and with a lot of kibbly pieces. I think I'll pass. =; It looks interesting, but not enough for me to replace getting a Masterpiece with getting this.

BWII Galvatron was released almost 20 years ago. I think we'll see a reissue of the BW Reborn Megatron to go with the reissue of Primal in the Legends series before we see Takara re-release BWII Galvatron.
Re: Hisashi Yuki Designs and Prototype for Beast Wars II Galvatron (1744042)
Posted by RAR on November 24th, 2015 @ 4:17pm CST
Railbomb wrote:

The parts you think are kibble come off and do things : the Backpack is a giant claw weapon that can open up in any mode or be hand held the tail blades are also hand axes. he has a reasonable approximation of G1 Galvatron's Cannon mode as a 3rd mode and his cannon even spins around when you press a Button on it in that mode.
Not to mention he has a posable tail and a very posable neck in beast mode.. and a interesting almost marble like chest crystal design feature.

Go look up a video review SS - and if you like it you still might find the odd cheaper Korean one even now.

He's best to get if you even have plans to get lio Convoy though I suppose.

Is he perfect no - he's not his legs are a bit odd in some ways in beast mode - but what's not to love otherwise he looks a like a big heavily armed Lilac canary.
Re: Hisashi Yuki Designs and Prototype for Beast Wars II Galvatron (1744055)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 24th, 2015 @ 5:32pm CST
RAR wrote:

I can't think of anything difficult on him other wise he's pretty intuitive.

Galvatron II intuitive? :shock: Really? You transformed him on the fly withouth reading the instructions at first go?

For a kid's toy, I wouldn't recommend him until an age level of 14 up. That mold is quite advance for his time.

And yes, those claw tomohawks/missiles are a pain that they keep on launching automatically.
Re: Hisashi Yuki Designs and Prototype for Beast Wars II Galvatron (1744095)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 24th, 2015 @ 9:18pm CST
Little known fact: After its original release in 1998, the BWII Galvatron toy was later rereleased in 2003 by Korean Transformers licensor Sonokong as part of the Korean version of the Car Robots/RiD 2001 toyline, Jeonguiui Yongsa: Car Bot ("Brave Heroes of Justice: Car-Bots"), repurposed as another upgraded form of Gigatron named Gigatron Z.
Re: Hisashi Yuki Designs and Prototype for Beast Wars II Galvatron (1744124)
Posted by morphobots on November 25th, 2015 @ 12:55am CST
fenrir72 wrote:
RAR wrote:

I can't think of anything difficult on him other wise he's pretty intuitive.

I also have him, and I can't really think of any major problems with him, but I've roundtripped him only two times. I think the instructions just look harder than they are.
Re: Hisashi Yuki Designs and Prototype for Beast Wars II Galvatron (1744145)
Posted by Moonbug on November 25th, 2015 @ 3:11am CST
RAR wrote:

There are lots of images of the Silver Galvatron, you can see out gallery http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/resources/review/beast+wars+ii/silver+galvatron/1727
It's a bit old now and really could do with being re-done

The gold one is far rarer

BWII Galvatron is an awesome toy, one of my favorites.
Re: Hisashi Yuki Designs and Prototype for Beast Wars II Galvatron (1744146)
Posted by Moonbug on November 25th, 2015 @ 3:15am CST
Whoops double post as the ebay rover link jammed my internet
Re: Hisashi Yuki Designs and Prototype for Beast Wars II Galvatron (1744178)
Posted by Cyberstrike on November 25th, 2015 @ 10:47am CST
fenrir72 wrote:
RAR wrote:

I can't think of anything difficult on him other wise he's pretty intuitive.

BW2 Galvatron is a pain in the ass to transform for anyone of any age.
Re: Hisashi Yuki Designs and Prototype for Beast Wars II Galvatron (1744261)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 25th, 2015 @ 9:51pm CST
Cyberstrike wrote:
fenrir72 wrote:
RAR wrote:

I can't think of anything difficult on him other wise he's pretty intuitive.

BW2 Galvatron is a pain in the ass to transform for anyone of any age.

Ditto!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Netflix Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hardhead - Headmasters Retro Generations Titans Deluxe Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Mirage - Netflix War For Cybertron Generations Titans Decepticon TK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy HOTLINK Netflix Walmart Exclusive NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG52 MISSFIRE & Targetmaster Aimless Titans Return Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Netflix HOTLINK Seeker Used Complete w/Box + Instructions" on EBAY
Buy "LG21 Hardhead | Japanese Transformers Legends" on EBAY