HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch

Transformers News: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch

Tuesday, September 11th, 2018 9:13AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 13,215

Site Sponsor HLJ has just sent us word that they now have preorders for the Takara release of the Siege line and Power of the Primes Punch Counterpunch. All preorders can be found by clicking here. As you will see some of the prices are closer to the Hasbro MSRP in the US while others are higher. Since these are for the exact same toys, this proves that the difference in prices between Hasbro and Takara releases over the years was never due to the products being different but more that they were released in different markets.

Also we now have proof that Punch Conterpunch comes with a combiner hand and a special edition Prima Prime Master. He does happen to be the same price as the Siege deluxes.

We've just listed the following 7 new action figures for preorder from the Transformers Siege line. All figures are expected to be released in February 2019.

Each of these new releases full transforms and includes accessories respective to the character. Ultra Magus also features 3mm hard points and 5mm ports, so you can attach additional armor, weapons, effect parts, battle damaged parts and so forth.

Prices are as follows:

Transformers Siege SG-01 Firedrive: 720 yen (about $6.78 USD or 5.85 Euro)

Transformers Siege SG-02 Lionizer: 720 yen (about $6.78 USD or 5.85 Euro)

Transformers Siege SG-03 Roadhandler & Swindler: 1,440 yen (about $13.55 USD or 11.69 Euro)

Transformers Siege SG-04 Sideswipe: 2,800 yen (about $26.35 USD or 22.73 Euro)

Transformers Siege SG-05 Autobot Cog: 2,800 yen (about $26.35 USD or 22.73 Euro)

Transformers Siege SG-06 Optimus Prime: 4,400 yen (about $41.41 USD or 35.72 Euro)

Transformers Siege SG-07 Ultra Magnus: 6,800 yen (about $64.00 USD or 55.20 Euro)

You can see some images below and more images on the HLJ listings or our previous article.

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983373)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 11th, 2018 @ 9:36am CDT
ThunderThruster wrote:
When Classics first started, it was about updating the old designs, not just in articulation, but also style. And IMO classics Prime is still the go to figure to fit this ideology.
If I wanted a new 'G1' Prime, I'd go for an MP figure, not this new Siege figure.

But MP Prime is expensive and doesn't scale well with 'regular' Transformer figures so I can see the appeal of this Siege one at least in robot mode because we've never really had a decent G1 Voyager class Optimus Prime figure. Just a shame the truck mode is 'cybertronian'.

And for those bothered about the weathering paint apps? That sorta stuff comes off real easily. I even removed some silver factory paint off the legs on my Studio Series Ratchet (just a smidge where they put silver paint where they shouldn't be) with a lil gentle scrubbing. So while it might be annoying to some that Hasbro are 'wasting' paint budget by doing it, well at least you can take it off if you want (though won't be mint anymore) :D
Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983376)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on September 11th, 2018 @ 10:10am CDT

I'm perfectly happy with CW Magnus so I'm going to pass on that. $50 is a lot for an incremental change on a figure that's only 3 years old. RiD was after my time, though, so I don't have the nostalgia angle.

We're not expecting Legends class in Siege, right? Might have to wait until next year for a good Cliffjumper?
Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983381)
Posted by leokearon on September 11th, 2018 @ 11:26am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
leokearon wrote:I don't need another Ultra Magnus
I don't need another Ultra Magnus
I don't need another Ultra Magnus
I don't need another Ultra Magnus

I think you are protesting a bit too much ;-) :lol:

All I need now is a stop motion video of Siege Magnus armouring up and I'll be getting him... Some how, :-?

I'm not protesting, I trying to convince myself I don't need another version of my favourite TF. (so far I'm failing)
Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983384)
Posted by william-james88 on September 11th, 2018 @ 12:02pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:I'm here for Siege Prime. I had the Classics figure but the vehicle update meant I couldn't see it as G1. The Siege vehicle mode isn't pure either, but the bot accuracy makes up for that. And maybe I'm in the minority but I'm not worried about the weathering.

No legends class planned for seige, instead its the micromaster 2 packs.

I jus wanted to comment on what you wrote in bold. I disagree about it being an incremental change, it is instead a totally different interpretation of the transformation, fiction and homage. CW Magnus is more comparable to the MP in the sense that its about converting from one mode the next and the cab beign integrated into the transformation rather than transforming into a bot itself. Sure CW magnus has that extra IDW bit of a tiny white guy but thats more of a bonus and not integral to the transformation from car carrier to bot.

This Magnus here is a completely new take in the generations line, something we have not seen in Magnus in 20 years where the cab does become its own white prime with the trailer becoming armour for it. And since I buy ots to experience their transformations and the little tricks from designers, this is a sure buy for me.
Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983393)
Posted by Cyberpath on September 11th, 2018 @ 1:27pm CDT
I'll get Optimus Prime, of course. Will just have to paint the crotch myself. And if the wear-effects can be removed, and easily, all the better.

Kind of tempted to finally get an Ultra Magnus with a "White Convoy" inside; never had or wanted one before, but it's cool (and surprising) that it's a totally different mold than Prime.

However, it looks a little cheap that the windshields and grill are the same piece of bare translucent plastic. Don't you think? A big blue T on his torso.

Still thinking about Cog and Sideswipe.. btw, Hasbro has been really cheap with guns lately.. (The Constructicons, Autobot Headmasters, Brawl..) and now Sideswipe, that has to alternate a single weapon as his shoulder cannon and hand-gun.
Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983401)
Posted by Cobotron on September 11th, 2018 @ 2:20pm CDT
I think it looks Blue-T-ful.

:P
Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983402)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 11th, 2018 @ 2:25pm CDT
I actually like the blue on inner Magnus chest. It ties the deco together.
Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983404)
Posted by Skritz on September 11th, 2018 @ 2:36pm CDT
It's not perfect but it does make him stand out from Optimus a bit more.
Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983410)
Posted by Cyberpath on September 11th, 2018 @ 3:07pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:I think it looks Blue-T-ful.

:P

:lol:

I might do it myself, with some silver paint or a chrome pen, whichever works better.

Skritz wrote:It's not perfect but it does make him stand out from Optimus a bit more.

I think the molds are different enough that a little silver paint on the grill and some definition on the windshield frames wouldn't hurt. :-?

Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983414)
Posted by Burn on September 11th, 2018 @ 4:01pm CDT
Good ol reliable HLJ. Just threw everything on order, then if they manage to turn up locally I'll cancel them otherwise I'll be importing.

Sad part is, even with freight from Japan, they still work out roughly the same price as if I were to buy them locally.
Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983415)
Posted by Emerje on September 11th, 2018 @ 4:02pm CDT
Optimus also has a clear blue grill in truck mode, I guess that's their idea of Cybertronian.

Just noticed something from the recent photos. At first I thought he had an unsightly hollow space on the back of his legs, and on a figure line that we were told would feel a little more premium.

Then I noticed on the inside of his legs he has gray panels that are supposed to swing around and cover that space. ;)^

Now why haven't we seen the hover mode Warden told us about yet?

I was also trying to figure out why white Magnus had so many hinges in his chest when they didn't seem to be used in bot or truck mode. Turns out they're used flatten his torso a slight big more and probably sink the grill in to make room for the armor without it making his chest stick out more. You can see inside the chest windows that the top half the smaller torso is pulled in and tilted slightly to make room. They're really going above and beyond trying to make good looking figures.

He also has a rotating crotch to give Ultra Magnus his belt. There's a feature.

Emerje
Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983416)
Posted by ZeroWolf on September 11th, 2018 @ 4:29pm CDT
Good eye there Emerje :) I spotted the back of Primes legs but not thd panel to hide them. We really shouldn't be surprised at mistransformations now should we :lol:.
Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983417)
Posted by Autobot N on September 11th, 2018 @ 4:33pm CDT
Y'know, despite not caring much for Siege Prime at first, every picture I see of him makes me want him even more.
Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983418)
Posted by Bounti76 on September 11th, 2018 @ 4:40pm CDT
I wonder why TT's Punch-Counterpunch comes with Solus Prime, when Hasbro's comes with Prima. Solus came with Repugnus.
Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983419)
Posted by Skritz on September 11th, 2018 @ 4:42pm CDT
Emerje wrote:a rotating crotch

...those are words I never expected to read. >:oP
Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983426)
Posted by Short Circuit on September 11th, 2018 @ 5:00pm CDT
I have to say, as much as I'm bummed that there's a new magnus with the evolution gimmick after I already have CW Magnus+PE White Prime, but this toy's look and colours make him a more than worthwhile replacement. CW Magnus was just TOO IDW and as much as I liked the toy I really was never completely happy with the look. I'll just have to paint him as Diaclone Magnus one day to honour my 1 character, one toy rule.

That being said, I want prime just to scale with magnus, and sideswipe looks like a mini masterpiece! Hoping his brother Sunstreaker is in the pipeline. Hasbro really put some effort into this wave and hopefully that will continue on through the line.
Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983432)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on September 11th, 2018 @ 5:20pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:

What's up with the weathering specifically on the thighs of some of these figures in Siege? What kind of combat gets your thighs dirty but your shins pristine? Sideswipe has much more believable wear with it being mostly on his shins.

Also, from where on earth do Hasbro and Takara Tomy get the gray shin paint apps for Optimus Prime? They're not from the original toy or the original cartoon, but they're a staple of almost every "G1" Optimus Prime update for over 12 years now. Even MP-10 sports the gray shin vents.
Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983434)
Posted by Skritz on September 11th, 2018 @ 5:23pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:

My guess is that vent, in general, aren't exactly known to be painted.
Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983436)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 11th, 2018 @ 5:28pm CDT
I must be in the minority in that I really like the battle damaged deco. It really helps set the decos apart, and I think it looks good.

Prime keeps convincing me I really don't need him, those new shots make him seem even less appealing

Still on board with the battlemasters and micromasters. I will buy all of them. I love the little dudes, and they take up a lot less space.

Deluxes are still killing it. I'm pretty happy with Sideswipe, seeing as how it took so long for me to finally get my 2nd favorite bot in generations form. Cog keeps looking even better!

Magnus has actually started to warm to me, and it's hard because I have my perfect Magnus in CW, but this one is so different and trying for something so much separated from my CW Magnus.
Re: HLJ Listings for Takara Transformers Siege Line and PP Counterpunch (1983437)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on September 11th, 2018 @ 5:29pm CDT
ThunderThruster wrote:See, I like G1, I grew up on the G1 toon, but that doesn't mean I want the same characters and designs being rehashed every few years.

The Classics 2006 mold of Optimus Prime was pretty good for its time, but it hasn't aged as well compared to the majority of the rest of the Classics/Universe 2008/Generations line. It's undersized for a voyager class toy, so it doesn't scale as well as it should with other characters in the series. The truck kibble hanging off the arms is pretty atrocious, especially if you want to put the figure in any kind of a dynamic pose. Even though there are many options for the mold out there: Classics, Henkei, AoE Evolution, Cloud, Platinum Edition, etc., there's always something a little off with any deco, and you're going to have to mix and match parts to get a really good, cohesive, accurate looking Optimus Prime.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Attacker 30 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #207 - Through The Fargate
"Through The Fargate"
Posted: Sunday, September 9th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "JADA TRANSFORMERS 2016 CHEVY CAMARO BUMBLEBEE 1:24 DIE CAST METAL" on EBAY
Buy "[Toys Hero] In Hand Transformers Iron Factory IF-EX14L IDW Nemesis Prime IFEX14L" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Megatron Deluxe  2011 Decepticon Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advanced AD-02 Evasion mode Optimus Prime Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie 5 Deluxe Class Berserker Slash Barricade Bumblebee Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "transformers trypticon titans return" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Autobot Teslor & Brainstorm Walgreens Exclusive MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe IDW RATTRAP MAXIMAL 30th Anniversary MOC" on EBAY