HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!!

HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!!

Friday, May 16th, 2008 1:37pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, People News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 24,031

In an interview with IGN Movies, Screenwriter Roberto Orci revealed some pretty exciting news about the upcoming Transformers 2 Live action movie.

Taken from the interview:

ORCI: We want to follow some of our lead characters which we thought were so successful. Shia's character; where is he two years later? His girlfriend, where is she two years later? But for fans, I guess I'll address this more for the fans, because I think if you didn't know Transformers at all and you came in and you liked the first movie, you'll like the second one. However, some of the die hard fans, which we were a member of that group, felt, well, maybe it's a little light. Maybe it wasn't science fictiony enough. And I think the second one will deliver on a true Transformers story. You know, the first one, we had a limited budget for what it was. Every second of Transformer time is a million dollars or whatever the heck it is, so this time, because we were able to prove through the whole thing that it's a viable live-action movie, we have a little more freedom this time to actually learn about the Transformers, see them, hear them. It's a better balance between the humans and the Transformers.

Q: Is there one particular Transformer, good or bad, that you absolutely had to get into the sequel?

ORCI: Yes.

Q: You're not gonna tell us.

ORCI: I'll tell you. We had to get Soundwave in there.

Mr. Orci gives more information out in the complete interview that can be viewed by clicking here.

Credit(s): IGNMovies.com

This article was last modified on Friday, May 16th, 2008 1:54pm CDT

Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701950)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 16th, 2008 @ 1:38pm CDT
Of course he is. He'll replace Frenzy and look exactly like him.

But seriously, if they make him cool, I'm saying that's great news! :D
Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701951)
Posted by primeoptimus on May 16th, 2008 @ 1:39pm CDT
I JUST C@*%@ED MYSELF :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701952)
Posted by primalVICTORY on May 16th, 2008 @ 1:40pm CDT
Autobot Jazz wrote:
primalVICTORY wrote:lmao..i just posted that as well.

Well what's important is that we get the news out to the rest of Siebertron, and now it's on the front page.

..well, i guess not. First Gen already put it up.
Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701953)
Posted by Autobot Jazz on May 16th, 2008 @ 1:40pm CDT
With Soundwave(and possibly Ravage) in TF2, it's practically confirmed to be badass, I hope that they can get Frank Welker to voice him though.
Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701955)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 16th, 2008 @ 1:42pm CDT
Oh and thanks Mr. Questioner...

Q: Transformers is beloved by a lot of people, but it's kind of a kitschy property in the minds of some people. Star Trek is the holy grail. How big a responsibility was it taking that on?

Well, a lot of TF fans think ST is kitschy too...

Star Trek is the hold grail only because there has yet to be one done right in my opinion. I don't know about it being the grail, I would say if there was a next Star Wars movie that would be the holy grail.

And until Star Trek beats TF numbers in sales, I'm sticking with TFs.
Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701956)
Posted by Omega Charge on May 16th, 2008 @ 1:42pm CDT
If there was anyone I was expecting, it was Soundwave.
Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701959)
Posted by primalVICTORY on May 16th, 2008 @ 1:43pm CDT
oooo, im so excited!! :grin: :DANCE:
Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701961)
Posted by Thanatos Prime on May 16th, 2008 @ 1:45pm CDT
This is fantastic news, however obvious it was. Soundwave has a huge following...
Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701962)
Posted by Orion_Prime48 on May 16th, 2008 @ 1:45pm CDT
Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701964)
Posted by Nekoman on May 16th, 2008 @ 1:46pm CDT
Now THIS will be a good movie!
Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701965)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 16th, 2008 @ 1:46pm CDT
Not looking foward to it. Soundwave is my 2nd favorite Transformer of all time and it pisses me off every time they try and bring him back. They never do it right and im sure this will be no different. But then again maybe they'll actually listen to us fans and get it right. But its bay were talking about so i doubt it.
Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701966)
Posted by Me, Grimlock! on May 16th, 2008 @ 1:47pm CDT
Was there ever any doubt?
Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701968)
Posted by Skowl on May 16th, 2008 @ 1:49pm CDT

Now if only our good friend Mr. Orci can confirm the presence of a certain pink motorbike...

EDIT: Oh, and it's Roberto Orci, not Robert. I fixed it for you in the original post, but for some reason I can't change it in the news story... (Maybe since I'm taking a break from the news, my access to the admin page is limited).

Could you fix that up for me First Gen?
Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701972)
Posted by Chaoslock on May 16th, 2008 @ 1:52pm CDT
1. I doubt every word of everybody regarding movie 2 until it is out or at least pics are out

2. They can allways make Soundwave the Aircraft Carrier or something other enormously not-Soundwave robot

3. Hurray! :D
Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701974)
Posted by calbob on May 16th, 2008 @ 1:53pm CDT
Thats freakin AWSOME!

Maybe there is a God. . . .
Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701978)
Posted by First Gen on May 16th, 2008 @ 1:55pm CDT
Skowl wrote:Was there ever any doubt? Most of us knew he'd be in it... The big question is "what will his alt mode be"?

Could you fix that up for me First Gen?

Good looking out man. I totally missed that and I know darn well his name is Roberto. You need to hurry off your break man, I need your guidance.
Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701981)
Posted by magnusupreme on May 16th, 2008 @ 1:57pm CDT
They just need Omega Supreme now
Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701982)
Posted by DecepticonRedAlert on May 16th, 2008 @ 1:57pm CDT
My day just got alot better! :grin:
Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701984)
Posted by excaliberprime on May 16th, 2008 @ 2:02pm CDT
i couldnt read it to much crap about star trek. i dont think star trek could hold a candle to todays transformer fan base. i can tell you there are probably more star trek movies out there than vampire movies
if not it seems that way and i dont think i have ever had a convo with any one telling me i how great it was. i hate hollywood and what they do with things that could be a great movie i do think a quinton directed transformers would rock it would not be great but better than transformers peeing on people and stumbling into powerlines.
Re: HOLY TAPE CASSETTE BATMAN!!! SOUNDWAVE IN TF2!!! (701986)
Posted by BluePhirePB on May 16th, 2008 @ 2:02pm CDT
Oh hells ya!!! I hope Welker is gonna voice him too!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Speedster Boulder Flip Racers Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Medix The Doc-Bot Figure Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stealth Force Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DOTM CYBERVERSE COMMANDER CLASS MEGATRON LEFT DOUBLE CANNON WEAPON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Decepticon Runuamuck Runabout MIB in US in Hand free ship" on EBAY