Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character?

Thursday, February 9th, 2012 11:12am CST

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 37,350

It appears a new commercial airing on the Hub may have given us a quick glimpse of a new Transformers Prime character. The clip is brief and not the greatest quality, but could this be a new character from season two? Check out the YouTube upload embedded below from lython7.

Credit(s): lython7

This article was last modified on Thursday, February 9th, 2012 11:57am CST

Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344807)
Posted by dedcat on February 9th, 2012 @ 11:29am CST
Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344808)
Posted by Hypershock on February 9th, 2012 @ 11:29am CST
Awww man 8) maybe Dreadwing?
Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344814)
Posted by First-Aid on February 9th, 2012 @ 11:40am CST
First impression:

...Waspinator?...
Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344818)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 9th, 2012 @ 11:45am CST
dedcat wrote:Perhaps this is our first look at Dreadwing/wind, as we have heard that name thrown around a few times now.
Hypershock wrote:Awww man 8) maybe Dreadwing?
Maybe.

First-Aid wrote:First impression:

...Waspinator?...
Wha-? :???:
Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344820)
Posted by JBStuka on February 9th, 2012 @ 11:46am CST
There is no doubt in my mind that what we see here are the three insecticons. We have the central one, plus one on each side as we start the initial zoom in on them. I seriously can't wait to see these guys in action. I LOVE THE INSECTICONS!!!
Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344825)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 9th, 2012 @ 11:54am CST
How and where are people seeing Insecticons, much less three of them, in this? There's just one big muscle-bound monstrosity of Con coming down in that video, and he looks fairly humanoid from what we can make of his figure.
Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344836)
Posted by Mkall on February 9th, 2012 @ 12:18pm CST
Well, I'm impressed and interested.

I can't be the only one who kind of wanted to see it eat that pony...
Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344838)
Posted by First-Aid on February 9th, 2012 @ 12:21pm CST
If you stop the video around 0:41, you can see what appear to be two antennae on his head. Given those, and the shape of the shadows and crown of his head there is where I got Waspinator as an initial impression. :-? 8-}
Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344845)
Posted by craggy on February 9th, 2012 @ 12:34pm CST
Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344848)
Posted by Volrathicus Baenimus on February 9th, 2012 @ 12:35pm CST
The mandibles are pretty clear, maybe see the antenae. Could be an insecticon of some sort. If it is, wonder how he and Airachnid will get on :p
Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344850)
Posted by leokearon on February 9th, 2012 @ 12:37pm CST
The head design reminds me of BW Scorponok
Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344852)
Posted by NovaSentinel on February 9th, 2012 @ 12:42pm CST
I think this guys face looks like a beefed up vehicon, which backs up my theory that (if it is) dreadwing will fill out the same role as his movie namesake- as an upgraded drone commander :D Also kinda reminds me of DOTM dreads
Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344867)
Posted by alternator77 on February 9th, 2012 @ 1:11pm CST
maybe....http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Liege_Maximo those antenna do look imposing >:oP one can only hope

they also showed 12 of the 13 original primes last season so maybe the 13th makes an appearance?
Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344871)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 9th, 2012 @ 1:29pm CST
i say Barricade
Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344878)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on February 9th, 2012 @ 1:47pm CST
He definitely looks nasty! I bet he kills someone. But yeah like, I hope he's not Dreadwind though, cause I'd like him to be more like G1 Dreadwind, even if Darkwing isn't there, don't know who this guy'd be though, I'll just wait and see cause really, I got nothin' :oops:, hopefully there'll be better pics later.
Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344887)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on February 9th, 2012 @ 1:51pm CST
Mkall wrote:I can't be the only one who kind of wanted to see it eat that pony...

You're not. :P
Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344893)
Posted by First-Aid on February 9th, 2012 @ 1:59pm CST
craggy wrote:I get an insect vibe too. Not Waspy, I think it's a badass version of Inferno. For the royalty!

THIS!!! =P~
Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344895)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on February 9th, 2012 @ 2:00pm CST
Gigan?........ ;)

Tell me someone else thinks the face looks like Gigan, lol.
Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344911)
Posted by DISCHARGE on February 9th, 2012 @ 2:14pm CST
I say it's Tarantulas.
Re: Hub Commercial Reveals New Transformers Prime Character? (1344918)
Posted by JBStuka on February 9th, 2012 @ 2:21pm CST
I agree with the insect posts... Those mandibles and antenna really give that away. And as far as my earlier post about being all three Insecticons... I was basing it off of this shot...

Prime Insecticons 1.jpg

Red lines showing the standing locations and how they are overlapped with one another.

It felt like we were looking up at the (Bot or Bots) from below as they are leaning in together almost like a football huddle and looking down at us (camera). Then as the camera zoomed up towards them it was then fixed in on the just the center one.
I also went this route due to the lack of symmetry of the shapes and the lights on both sides of the central figure in the fog.

After watching it a few more times I am leaning more towards ONE larger bot like the rest of you... But I am definitely sticking to the insect idea.

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters HUN-GURRR & TwinStrike Cyberverse Abominus Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends SHARKTICON SWEEPS Complete LG-44 Titans Return Takara GNAW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Cryotek Complete Ultra RID Universe Transformers Robots in Disguise 2001 2002" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield Lot" on EBAY