Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery!

Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery!

Thursday, July 29th, 2010 5:35pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 42,758

Check out this unintentional bit of imagery showcasing text for a couple of items you don't normally see on the packaging of children's toys: Cigarrettes and the Lottery! It's not a big deal, just kind of something funny. Looks like someone wasn't paying attention. Oops!

Hopefully this is considered something really minor which doesn't require a recall on this highly desired toy.

Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105616)
Posted by Name_Violation on July 29th, 2010 @ 5:40pm CDT
scandalgate
Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105624)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 29th, 2010 @ 5:45pm CDT

I think posting this was a bad idea, no matter who would've posted it.

I don't think there will be a recall, but I do think there will be a packaging change, and I'll bet these cigarette originals will climb in price down the road.
Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105626)
Posted by Seibertron on July 29th, 2010 @ 5:48pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:No offense, but posting this certainly won't help matters, at all. I realize Hasbro did this unintentionally, and it fits because it looks like a scene ripped right out of the movie(s), and it shouldn't be there, but drawing this kind of attention to it is only going to help make matters worse.

I think posting this was a bad idea, no matter who would've posted it.

I understand and respect your concern(s). We're here to report the news whether it be positive, negative, favorable, or unfavorable. Someone would've posted this eventually.
Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105628)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 29th, 2010 @ 5:51pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

I think posting this was a bad idea, no matter who would've posted it.

I appreciate you being able to take my comments as such. I'm glad they were taken as I intended. I do think parents groups are going to have a field day with this one. And this time Hasbro might've done themselves some damage. The groups might actually win this one because it looks like they're advocating both cigarettes and gambling. They're not, but you won't be able to talk to the groups about it.

Someone's always advocating something, even if it's ridiculous.
Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105633)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 29th, 2010 @ 6:05pm CDT
Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105634)
Posted by Seibertron on July 29th, 2010 @ 6:07pm CDT
UnknownTrans4mingBot wrote:People just need to lighten up.
I agree
Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105636)
Posted by Blackstreak on July 29th, 2010 @ 6:16pm CDT
LOL! Now thats funny. Don't know about you but I've always seen 'state minimum' in reference to alcohol, not cigarettes.
Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105640)
Posted by Psychout on July 29th, 2010 @ 6:25pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
UnknownTrans4mingBot wrote:People just need to lighten up.
I agree
Was going to say that, but those of you who did get this release stand to make a tidy sum as long as its still sealed.

Hysterical recall due in in 5...4...3...2...
Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105645)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 29th, 2010 @ 6:32pm CDT
Stupid question time;

Are those real?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :???:

Edit:

I now realize that they're fake posters, not tickets. Thought they were tickets, my bad. :lol: :lol:
Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105648)
Posted by Samurai Bludgeon on July 29th, 2010 @ 6:40pm CDT
o god...

2 things will happen here jsut you wait

1-hasbro will do a recall cuz they can't have the PR nightmare that would entail.

2-MISB HA Jazz's with that packaging will become stupidly expensive...get yours now
Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105654)
Posted by Blackstreak on July 29th, 2010 @ 6:53pm CDT
For such a small deal it sure gets blown up out of porportion. Hasbro will probably change the packaging on the next runs, thats a good thing. Those of you with this original packaging have got yourselves a collectible. Makes me wanna go buy one and store it away.
Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105657)
Posted by constructicon00 on July 29th, 2010 @ 6:59pm CDT
It would appear I'll be looking for this now. I'm hoping it will pay for a semester of school for one of the boys in 15 years... :-B
Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105704)
Posted by Galvatron X on July 29th, 2010 @ 8:46pm CDT
UnknownTrans4mingBot wrote:This is a very minor issue in my opinion and almost a non issue. Most kids don't pay attention to the packaging, they just tear it open and toss it in the trash. People are too overprotective with kids today. People just need to lighten up.

THANK YOU! This is NOTHING. They will change the packaging I betcha cuz some hypersensitive PC turd will claim this adversely affected his poor, vulnerable child. Then they'll send him to a counselor who will diagnose him with ADHD and prescribe him some Ritalin.

Can ya tell I don't like how wimpy and PC our society is today? :lol:
Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105709)
Posted by vectorA3 on July 29th, 2010 @ 8:49pm CDT
sounds like somebody's pushin for a packaging variant...... :P
Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105722)
Posted by Chupacabra Convoy on July 29th, 2010 @ 9:06pm CDT
Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105738)
Posted by Seibertron on July 29th, 2010 @ 9:26pm CDT
Chupacabra Convoy wrote:I wonder where those images are taken from? I want to say Chicago, but I fairly certain that other states/cities have a Powerball, and of course Cigarettes.

Isn't this image from the city scene at the end of the first movie?
Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105741)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 29th, 2010 @ 9:29pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Isn't this image from the city scene at the end of the first movie?

I think it is. It would at least make more sense if it is.
Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105810)
Posted by Flashwave on July 30th, 2010 @ 12:40am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

Isn't this image from the city scene at the end of the first movie?

I think it is. It would at least make more sense if it is.

Since Jazz was slagged before the end of the first movie, yes, yes it would...

I gotta go with the earlier replies. This is news? No offence meant, but the packaging doesn't seem like newsworthy stuff. I could be wrong though. If I grab this, the packaging will hit the can about 15minutes after Jazz is free, with the motorbike. I could care less about Epps, but I missed out on Alternators Jazz. Then again, my Alt collection is 2 and a forklift versus 12, Autobot favor, so Dead End and Swindle would probably prefer I not, or find them a Barricade. (he never made it to Central Indiana that I know of)
Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105823)
Posted by Seibertron on July 30th, 2010 @ 1:13am CDT
It's definitely news worthy stuff. At a minimum, it's an interesting piece of conversation about an unusual piece of imagery that ended up on a Transformers packaging. To me, it's newsworthy, especially if the packaging changes at some point.
Re: Human Alliance Jazz, cigarettes, and the lottery! (1105835)
Posted by Vicalliose on July 30th, 2010 @ 1:58am CDT
Since were on the subject.
One time, a while back when I was out of town looking for HFTD figures.
I passed by a mother and her two kids whom seemed to be purchasing a number of Hot Wheels.
Normaly I wouldn't pay a bit of attention to people in the store, but this time they caught my eye when I saw that the mother appeared to just be placing whatever the kids pointed at in the cart.
"Spoiled brats" I thought. "then again, I was pretty spoiled when I was a kid."
My gaze then turned to the mother's hand as she placed another package of Hot Wheels in the cart.
I saw that there was a Nintendo DS game inside of the cart as well. Grand Theft Auto...
I then looked up at the mother's face, and saw that she was on her cell phone.
Had a hard time avoiding my letting out a little chuckle at that point.

The moral of the story? Massive stereotypes do exist. Oh, and that parent's don't pay enough attention to their kids nowadays. Unless of course, it gives them a lack luster excuse to sue somebody. Otherwise they just send their kids to school and pay as little attention to them as possible.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy LEADER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers IRONWORKS Earthrise War for Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro brand new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Quintesson Judge Allicon Sharkticon Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Scorponok 21 in Action Figure - WFC-E25" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise  - Ironworks Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SANDSTORM RHINOX DOUBLE DEALER SPRINGER GENERATIONS 30TH VOYAGER" on EBAY