Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro

Transformers News: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro

Sunday, July 25th, 2010 8:38PM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 71,605

It is a rare sight to see any movie-related Transformer released in Japan that has many noticible differences from it's North American counterpart. That seems to be changing however, with the release of TakaraTomy's Human Alliance Jazz w/Captain Lennox. TF-BBS.com has posted a set of comparison shots between the two figures. Where North American Jazz has blue plastic for his visor, windshield and windows, the Japanese version has brown plastic. The most noticible difference is the clothes that Major Lennox is wearing. In North America, he's wearing an off-white set of clothes. In Japan however, he seems to prefer sporting something a little closer to military-green. Click here to see the images, although they will move down as more people makes posts in that forum.

Credit(s): TF-BBS.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103277)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on July 25th, 2010 @ 8:46pm CDT
I prefer the blue of the Hasbro version and don't really care about Lennox.
Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103279)
Posted by gantzrunner on July 25th, 2010 @ 8:49pm CDT
Lapse Of Reason wrote:I prefer the blue of the Hasbro version and don't really care about Lennox.

I agree...cause honestly that lennox figure is about the worst representation of the character you can possible get. Looks like those g.i.joe knock-offs they self for super cheap at big-lots lol
Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103281)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 25th, 2010 @ 8:52pm CDT

This.
:BOT:
Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103283)
Posted by Smokescreen85 on July 25th, 2010 @ 8:52pm CDT
I'm glad we're getting the blue version. It just looks better IMO.
Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103284)
Posted by Megazarak on July 25th, 2010 @ 8:53pm CDT
I also like the blue on Hasbro's, the visor looks pretty good in particular (though the Takara one isn't bad either). They're both good but if I had to choose I'd go with the Hasbro version.
Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103291)
Posted by dragons on July 25th, 2010 @ 9:04pm CDT
im glad i changed my preorder at bbts from takara to us edition us version looks better blue viser has g1 look to it & more noticble but lennox looks nothing like him his head looks chunky like the blob
Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103294)
Posted by LiKwid on July 25th, 2010 @ 9:07pm CDT
I got to go with the takara..not sure why but the blue is doesn't do it for me..The whole lennox thing is meh, they do look like the biglots KO gi joes, "The Corps"!!!
Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103321)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on July 25th, 2010 @ 10:11pm CDT
I like the Takara version more, but I'll get the Hasbro one out of convenience. The blue visor looks toyish and stands out too much, where the brown one looks more movie accurate.
Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103356)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on July 25th, 2010 @ 11:13pm CDT
Like I said, I prefer the blue visor but I do like the clear windows and the paint around the headlights of the Takara version better. And I don't dislike the brown visor. Hmmm.. tough choice so it comes down to cost. Hasbro will be cheaper.
Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103358)
Posted by Peleliu on July 25th, 2010 @ 11:16pm CDT
:| Wow that is a terrible Lennox figure. Why is he blonde? And mutated? And have he soulless eyes of a demon? ... And blonde? :|
Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103379)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on July 25th, 2010 @ 11:59pm CDT
Yeah, he looks kinda' like Dr. Steve Brule shooting a TF segment for 'Check It Out'.

Wow...that actually makes me WANT this figure!

For your health!
Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103461)
Posted by g2grimmy64 on July 26th, 2010 @ 7:11am CDT
Evil_the_Nub wrote:the brown one looks more movie accurate.

Bugga-Bugga-wha...? Pop in your copy of the movie and jump to the final scene right after Megatron jumps in and knocks Jazz on the ground about 2 feet from the camera. Pretty sure (what's left of) that visor's blue.
Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103467)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on July 26th, 2010 @ 7:21am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:

This.
:BOT:

This x 2
Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103478)
Posted by Stockade on July 26th, 2010 @ 7:42am CDT
Hasbro version of Jazz...the end
Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103573)
Posted by DraconicDak on July 26th, 2010 @ 9:31am CDT
Why the heck does Lennox look like a blonde Dan Akroyd? Jazz looks great, though, and definitely prefer the Hasbro blue.
Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103795)
Posted by DMSL on July 26th, 2010 @ 3:11pm CDT
The Lennox figure is like Mikaela and Sam, decent sculpt ruined by crappy paintjob.
Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103809)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on July 26th, 2010 @ 3:30pm CDT
I want the better paint job on the Tak (lik around the fog lights), the brown windows and lights off the Tak and the blue visor from the Hasbro. He'd be perfect in that configuration.

Keep the Lennox from both. Yuck.
Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103827)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on July 26th, 2010 @ 4:32pm CDT
g2grimmy64 wrote:
Evil_the_Nub wrote:the brown one looks more movie accurate.

You are correct sir, I must have been thinking of the pics of him I've see where he had a black visor.
Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103867)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on July 26th, 2010 @ 6:35pm CDT
This is a supremely tough one to decide on. Like some of the earlier posts, I really like the clear plastic windscreens, which give Jazz's alt mode a much more realistic look. But that visor....

I personally think the blue visor really gives him a more vibrant look than the dark brown tinted one. Then again, the brown visor isn't half bad.

I'll probably go with the Takara version, if only because it's easier to get my hands one. The local TRU is pretty cautious about bringing in TF's, and I hate to be milling about at the store waiting for HA Jazz to arrive...if it ever does.
Re: Human Alliance Jazz: TakaraTomy vs Hasbro (1103973)
Posted by Pascal on July 26th, 2010 @ 10:01pm CDT
I already have the Hasbro version, but I'm tempted to replace it with the Takara version, it looks better, especially with the black hands and shoulder seat.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "transformers combiner wars blackjack" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Unite Warriors Breakdown from UW-06 Grand Galvatron New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW-07 Bruticus +CW Shockwave +Upgrades" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan AUTH" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Armada Megatron  MOC  ***SEALED*** NEW" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hasbro Combiner Wars Voyager Class CYCLONUS Galvatronus NEW Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Armada Megatron 2014 - New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster  with buzzsaw NIB" on EBAY