Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed

Transformers News: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed

Sunday, October 31st, 2010 11:02PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 48,673

In the never ending saga of black repaints, Transformers Animated Rodimus Minor is the latest victim. It's Animated Black Rodimus, an exclusive to Hyper Hobby. This figure features colors very similar to Shattered Glass Rodimus. We were teased with a shadow before, and no finally Courtesy of Tokuma-EC, we`ve got images of the colored figure. Check it out below!

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Tokuma-EC

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141695)
Posted by Mkall on October 31st, 2010 @ 11:11pm CDT
I don't collect Anime and even I'm tempted by that guy.

Real nice
Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141696)
Posted by Pyrostrata on October 31st, 2010 @ 11:13pm CDT
That is glorious! I am about to drown myself for saying that of a Rodimus figure, but I can't help it!

It does indeed homage SG Rodimus quite well!

Damnit! Now I want it. :BOOM:
Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141697)
Posted by Rated X on October 31st, 2010 @ 11:19pm CDT
Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141698)
Posted by Mkall on October 31st, 2010 @ 11:28pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Shouldnt he just be called "Wildrider" ??? he has a Decepticon faction so he is not rodimus.

The Japanese do things differently I guess
Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141700)
Posted by Samurai Bludgeon on October 31st, 2010 @ 11:40pm CDT
O that is nice...how much is he gonna cost?
Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141703)
Posted by El Duque on November 1st, 2010 @ 12:16am CDT
Samurai Bludgeon wrote:O that is nice...how much is he gonna cost?

I preordered him at BBTS for $75.00, but it looks like they raised the price to $85.00 at some point and now it's sold out.
Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141716)
Posted by Oilspill on November 1st, 2010 @ 3:58am CDT
Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141724)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 1st, 2010 @ 5:09am CDT
-sigh- It was bound to happen. :lol: But I do like the colors on him. Especially the Decepticon logo on his torso. Wasn't expecting that. :lol:
Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141725)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 1st, 2010 @ 5:10am CDT
Oilspill wrote:Riddle me this. If a character is already black... what colour do they repaint him?

White. Or gold. Something bright. :lol:
Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141728)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on November 1st, 2010 @ 5:20am CDT
PHAHAHA that is one gay lookin' hot rod..hahahahaha

:CON:
Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141732)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on November 1st, 2010 @ 5:38am CDT
Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141734)
Posted by Oilspill on November 1st, 2010 @ 5:45am CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:I am having all kinds of dirty, sexual thoughts regarding this figure. How much will he cost me? Less than a hooker, right?

That all depends on the hooker. :P
Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141740)
Posted by Forgotten on November 1st, 2010 @ 6:02am CDT
that's gorgeous. I am so very tempted. If RK gets it for less than a bill I think i'm going to cave. Only complaint I have is the face, it shouldn't be so shiny in my opinion. But still all sorts of win. :KREMZEEK: :APPLAUSE:
Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141748)
Posted by Counterpunch on November 1st, 2010 @ 6:52am CDT
I don't see the appeal in this one. From a standpoint of just looking at it through Animated, he has no point.

If I look at it in terms of design, the original is better. This is one of the worst black repaints I've seen in a few years.
Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141763)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 1st, 2010 @ 9:21am CDT
I'm not a fan of this either. Which is good, because I can't afford it anyway.
Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141772)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on November 1st, 2010 @ 9:38am CDT
Oilspill wrote:

That all depends on the hooker. :P

Well, I was once propositioned by a literal 2$ Hooker, I have had some interesting encounters with Hookers (I wrote about them in my blog, which is here: http://nuclearconvoy.blogspot.com/)
Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141777)
Posted by Chaoslock on November 1st, 2010 @ 9:52am CDT
Shattered Grass: Japan, you're doing it wrong.
Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141782)
Posted by Duskfall on November 1st, 2010 @ 10:12am CDT
cool. it's like a buddy for the TFA Black Optimus. lol.
Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141783)
Posted by Marcdachamp on November 1st, 2010 @ 10:14am CDT
Dear Japan,

Stop getting cool Animated stuff that my country doesn't. It makes me jealous.

Oh, and thank you for Nintendo and Pokemon.

Regards,

Marc
Re: Hyper Hobby Exclusive Animated Black Rodimus Revealed (1141793)
Posted by guardianprime on November 1st, 2010 @ 11:15am CDT
you know. concidering the endless amount of clear and black repaints it would be nice if even just a FEW of them leaked their way into american retail.

while its obnoxious to have hundreds of them i feel like none of them ever make it to target.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
"Big Cat Convoy"
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

Buy "Transformers G1 ULTRA MAGNUS Trailer Hasbro Generations 1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Wheeljack" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS VOYAGER CLASS MOTORMASTER NEW USA" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS HASBRO 2010 AUTOBOT WHEELJACK LOOSE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Figure Rodimus (6 of Optimus Maximus)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Windcharger New MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Protectobot Groove (Defensor) MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Scattershot (Computron) MISB" on EBAY