IDW Comic Releases for May 9th

IDW Comic Releases for May 9th

Sunday, May 6th, 2007 5:15pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 8,420

IDW has update their New Releases Section with their May 9th releases. There are three comics due out on May 9th. They are The Transformers: Target: 2006 #2, Transformers: War Within Vol. 2, The Dark Ages TPB, and The Transformers: Cover Galley Vol. 2. IDW has also posted five page previews for all three books. Go to IDW's New Releases Section for a sneak peak at The Transformers: Target: 2006 #2, Transformers: War Within Vol. 2, The Dark Ages TPB, and The Transformers: Cover Galley Vol. 2.

Credit(s): Idwpublishing.com

Re: IDW Comic Releases for May 9th (112064)
Posted by Silver Wind on May 6th, 2007 @ 5:38pm CDT
Out of the three, the only one I'd go for is Target: 2006 since I've never seen it before. As for the other two, I already have WW vol. 2 (Dreamwave) & the "Cover Gallery" doesn't interest me much.
Re: IDW Comic Releases for May 9th (112075)
Posted by Dinobot Nuva on May 6th, 2007 @ 5:47pm CDT
Planning on picking up Target and WWI, but still debating on the cover gallery...I did buy the first one...
DN
Re: IDW Comic Releases for May 9th (112095)
Posted by Methusalen on May 6th, 2007 @ 6:32pm CDT
It's a shame I've aleady got the Target:2006 Trade from a while back, and I really want to pick up the "War Within: Dark Ages" as seperate books to compliment the WWI books I have...
Re: IDW Comic Releases for May 9th (112122)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 6th, 2007 @ 7:02pm CDT
Re: IDW Comic Releases for May 9th (112278)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on May 6th, 2007 @ 9:13pm CDT
Roboto750 wrote:Eh... nothing I really want this week. Wouldn't mind having the second volume of WW, along with the first in TPB form, but not yet. I wish Furman and co. would write another WW story, continuing where The Dark Ages left off.

they wouldn't really be able to within the IDW TF continuity. The 2 just don't fit together, but I guess it could work with some heavy, HEAVY tweaking. I know what you mean, though. I was really depressed when the 3rd volume was cancelled halfway through.
Re: IDW Comic Releases for May 9th (112303)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 6th, 2007 @ 9:35pm CDT
Nemesis_Apoc wrote:

I wouldn't mind a story taking place outside the IDW universe, though I could see if they couldn't really complete the 3rd volume due to rights. Sadly, I don't see them doing this either, since they (IDW) appear to be caught up in their own storylines (as evidenced by them using the IDW universe for the Avengers crossover, rather than just using iconic characters from TF, regardless of current storyline). Not that it's a bad thing to be wrapped up in one's own creation or anything like that.
Re: IDW Comic Releases for May 9th (112416)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 6th, 2007 @ 10:53pm CDT

and that bothers me.
Re: IDW Comic Releases for May 9th (112686)
Posted by Calvatron on May 7th, 2007 @ 10:21am CDT
Roboto750 wrote:
Nemesis_Apoc wrote:

A little while ago on the idw boards Furman asked if people would be interested in seeing the script for the second half of WWIII. The response was mostly positive to it. I guess he said the deal was that if it was legal, he would post the script publically on his blog or something like that. It was almost a month ago, and no confirmation on whether or not it was doable though.
Re: IDW Comic Releases for May 9th (112752)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 7th, 2007 @ 11:54am CDT
Calvatron wrote:
Roboto750 wrote:
Nemesis_Apoc wrote:

Cool! I didn't hear about that. I hope we get to see it sometime! :PRAY:
Re: IDW Comic Releases for May 9th (112942)
Posted by Cyberstrike on May 7th, 2007 @ 4:18pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:I'll only get these books in graphic novel format. I don't have time anymore for weekly comic shop visits.

and that bothers me.

It's having the energy or just the desire to go to the comic
book store. Now of days I feel like I'm going to my execution instead of the comic book store. Now that REALLY bothers me.
Re: IDW Comic Releases for May 9th (113053)
Posted by i_amtrunks on May 7th, 2007 @ 6:23pm CDT
I did love the Strombringer covers, but I'll only get the cover gallery if it is at a reasonable price (and it should be since the AU$ is so high at the moment)
I loved the Dark Ages comics, and Target 2006 is one of (if not) the greatest transformers story arcs written, so that will be coming home with me.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures - Repugnus Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series KSI Boss Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Studio Series 43 Voyager Class KSI Boss" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Studio Series 03 Deluxe Crowbar" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots MORBOT Race Car Grey Purple" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Lot - JOLT- CRANKCASE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe WFC-GS21 Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Biosfera Autobot Clones MISB" on EBAY