IDW December Transformers Comics Solicitations

IDW December Transformers Comics Solicitations

Friday, September 23rd, 2011 2:10pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 59,475

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of IDW we have the Transformers comics solicitations for December 2011. Take a look at the covers and descriptions below, but be warned some could be considered spoiler-ish.



Image

TRANSFORMERS #31
Mike Costa (w) • Casey Coller (a) • Casey Coller, Photo Cover (c)

CHAOS is over. The future holds many mysteries, but the past can never be forgotten. As Ironhide looks back at what was, he comes to realize that it may hold the key to what lies ahead. A new peace has settled, and a new time has come for the Autobots, for the Decepticons… for Cybertron.
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 4-to-1 ratio (4 Photo, 1 Casey Coller)
*Retailers: See your order form for incentive information.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Variant covers:
Trevor Hutchison cover!

Bullet Points:
  • Part of IDW’s photo-cover month! A diorama cover featuring Hasbro Toys!


Image

The Transformers Classics, Vol. 2
Bob Budiansky (w) Don Perlin and Herb Trimpe (a) Guido Guidi (c)

The historic comic book roots of THE TRANSFORMERS are re-presented for maximum Cybertronian enjoyment. Collecting issues from the original run, rejoin OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATRON and their competing factions as their war stretches across the cosmos. Freshly re-mastered and re-colored, these stories are accompanied by an in-depth introduction as well as select issue notes by Mark W. Bellomo.
TPB FC $24.99 276 pages 6.625” x 10.187” ISBN 978-1-61377-091-7

Bullet Points:
  • Many stories re-mastered and re-colored for the very first time!
  • Collects issues #14–24!


Image

TRANSFORMERS: The Death of Optimus Prime
John Barber, James Roberts (w) • Nick Roche (a) • Nick Roche, Photo Cover (c)

Celebrating 125 issues of IDW’s Transformers! After Chaos, Optimus Prime's fate was shrouded in mystery. Was he truly gone or could there be a way he had emerged unscathed? Now, Optimus sits in contemplation, in a place he does not recognize as home. And with the cost of the battle finally taking its brutal toll, does Optimus Prime even have the will to carry on? CHAOS changed everything, and Transformers #125 sets a new direction for the Autobot leader…
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 4-to-1 ratio (4 Photo, 1 Nick Roche)
*Retailers: See your order form for incentive information.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

*Variant covers:
Livio Ramondelli Variant cover!
Variant wraparound cover featuring all 125 IDW TRANSFORMERS covers, with foil enhancements!

Bullet points:
  • This special issue sets the stage for two new ongoing Transformers series in January!
  • Part of IDW’s photo-cover month! A diorama cover featuring Hasbro Toys!


Image

Infestation HC
Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning and Mike Raicht and Scott Tipton and David Tipton and Erik Burnham (w) David Messina and Giovanni Timpano and Nick Roche and Gary Erskine and Casey Maloney and Kyle Hotz (a) Ashley Wood (c)

IDW's first-ever mega event is collected in this hard cover collection as something goes horribly awry in the IDW universe: a dimensions-spanning zombie outbreak of epic proportions, which threatens to tear many of IDW’s biggest realities asunder! The infestation spreads through the TRANSFORMERS, G.I. JOE, STAR TREK, and GHOSTBUSTERS universes. Zombie apocalypse looms and the remaining members of CVO are running out of options...
HC FC $34.99 260 pages ISBN 978-1-61377-106-8

Bullet Points:
  • "This is a zombie outbreak done absolutely right, full of carnage and nonstop action!" - Fangoria.com
  • Contains 22 pages of never before printed material! Previously only available as a Pocket Gods digital download!
  • Collects the entire Infestation saga! Infestation #1 and 2, and all of the Ghostbusters, TRANSFORMERS, Star Trek, and G.I. JOE tie-ins!

Credit(s): IDW Publishing


This article was last modified on Friday, September 23rd, 2011 2:15pm CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: IDW December Transformers Comics Solicitations (1292879)
Posted by Chaoslock on September 23rd, 2011 @ 4:20pm CDT
Photo-cover.... That's cheap. =;

And why does it sound like Optimus won't stay dead... again?
Re: IDW December Transformers Comics Solicitations (1292880)
Posted by Sodan-1 on September 23rd, 2011 @ 4:22pm CDT
I'm not going insane am I: Is that G1 Optimus with a new head? Or am I the only one who's seeing this for the first time?
Re: IDW December Transformers Comics Solicitations (1292884)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on September 23rd, 2011 @ 4:42pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:I'm not going insane am I: Is that G1 Optimus with a new head? Or am I the only one who's seeing this for the first time?

I was going to ask the same thing ,but i thought i was already going insane cause there is a picture of a toy on a comic book cover .Well for the first time they are showing the main reason why the comic was made in the first place ,to sell toys.Talk about truth in advertisement :grin: :grin: ,i can go on and on >:oP
Re: IDW December Transformers Comics Solicitations (1292925)
Posted by zodconvoy on September 23rd, 2011 @ 6:34pm CDT
michael alex kawa wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:I'm not going insane am I: Is that G1 Optimus with a new head? Or am I the only one who's seeing this for the first time?

I was going to ask the same thing ,but i thought i was already going insane cause there is a picture of a toy on a comic book cover .Well for the first time they are showing the main reason why the comic was made in the first place ,to sell toys.Talk about truth in advertisement :grin: :grin: ,i can go on and on >:oP


It's the Music Label Optimus Prime. It's been out for a couple years but never released in the US market. I have him and he's pretty f---in' cool. Highly recommended.
Re: IDW December Transformers Comics Solicitations (1292950)
Posted by triKlops on September 23rd, 2011 @ 7:47pm CDT
covers look cool

i bought the individual Infestation Transformers issues
no need to grab the HC until it goes cheap
Re: IDW December Transformers Comics Solicitations (1293198)
Posted by Sodan-1 on September 24th, 2011 @ 3:14pm CDT
zodconvoy wrote:
michael alex kawa wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:I'm not going insane am I: Is that G1 Optimus with a new head? Or am I the only one who's seeing this for the first time?

I was going to ask the same thing ,but i thought i was already going insane cause there is a picture of a toy on a comic book cover .Well for the first time they are showing the main reason why the comic was made in the first place ,to sell toys.Talk about truth in advertisement :grin: :grin: ,i can go on and on >:oP


It's the Music Label Optimus Prime. It's been out for a couple years but never released in the US market. I have him and he's pretty f---in' cool. Highly recommended.


Ah, right! Knew there'd be a logical reason. In this instance I'll put it down to personal ignorance.
Re: IDW December Transformers Comics Solicitations (1293289)
Posted by zodconvoy on September 24th, 2011 @ 8:27pm CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:
zodconvoy wrote:
michael alex kawa wrote:
Sodan-1 wrote:I'm not going insane am I: Is that G1 Optimus with a new head? Or am I the only one who's seeing this for the first time?

I was going to ask the same thing ,but i thought i was already going insane cause there is a picture of a toy on a comic book cover .Well for the first time they are showing the main reason why the comic was made in the first place ,to sell toys.Talk about truth in advertisement :grin: :grin: ,i can go on and on >:oP


It's the Music Label Optimus Prime. It's been out for a couple years but never released in the US market. I have him and he's pretty f---in' cool. Highly recommended.


Ah, right! Knew there'd be a logical reason. In this instance I'll put it down to personal ignorance.


Nah, not even that. I know another guy who has the Music Label Convoy and he didn't even know there was an Optimus Prime version. It's like this weird blind spot: you have to know it's there to see it or something.
Re: IDW December Transformers Comics Solicitations (1293492)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on September 25th, 2011 @ 11:52am CDT
When did they remold G1 Optimus?
Re: IDW December Transformers Comics Solicitations (1293643)
Posted by El Duque on September 25th, 2011 @ 9:32pm CDT
HOB-FIG-7205_03_1201616456.jpg
Supreme Convoy wrote:When did they remold G1 Optimus?


That's Takara's Music Label OP from a couple of years back.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Micronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "2013 SDCC Hasbro Exclusive: TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE Jetfire" on EBAY
Buy "2007 SDCC Exclusive Transformers Alternators Ford GT Rodimus MISB" on EBAY
Buy "1:24 Chevy Camaro Bumblebee Transformers Model JADA Diecast Toy Vehicle Gift" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE 2013 SDCC JOECON SNAKE EYES!! TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVER!!" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee First Edition 100% Complete Deluxe Prime Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON PIN BY TOM WHALEN MONDO 2019 SDCC COMIC CON EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "transformers metroplex sdcc titan class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "POO SHAM; Transformers BotBots 2018, Toilet Troop" on EBAY