Monday, July 25th, 2016 1:59pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 20,989

From the technicolour wizard Josh Burcham over on Twitter, we have a clean look at the Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye Revolution tie-in issue cover variant - Nick Roche on the lines, Burcham on the colours of course - due this November (check out the full timeline in the update over here). Feast your optics on Grimlock, a M.A.S.K. character... and ROM the Spaceknight. (In colour and process images!)

Transformers News: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche/Burcham Cover Variant Art

Credit(s): Josh Burcham, Nick Roche

Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1809033)
Posted by Kurona on July 25th, 2016 @ 2:05pm CDT
Nice to see they're having a bit of fun with it.
If Grimlock's in it a little, I guess we're seeing the Scavengers at some point?
Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1809036)
Posted by Ironhidensh on July 25th, 2016 @ 2:10pm CDT
I think the M.A.S.K. agent is Ace Riker.
Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1809039)
Posted by Va'al on July 25th, 2016 @ 2:12pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Nice to see they're having a bit of fun with it.

You made me go look for an article - which turns out wasn't posted! Working on it now, but yes, the Scavengers are the focus of the Revolution MTMTE issue.
Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1809047)
Posted by Va'al on July 25th, 2016 @ 2:22pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
Kurona wrote:Nice to see they're having a bit of fun with it.

Said article: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... iew/35965/

James Roberts: Well, MTMTE gets in on the action with a Revolution tie-in featuring the Scavengers, who are kind of the alternative main cast. That’s an Earth-based story. Nick Roche and I are co-writing for the first time since 2010’s Last Stand of the Wreckers, so even if we weren’t getting an opportunity to pit the world’s worst Decepticons against the likes of MASK and GI Joe, it would still feel like an event for us.
Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1809204)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 26th, 2016 @ 12:38am CDT
I really dislike the image of ROM layin down some laser fire on Grimlock. I'd like to think those two dudes would get along.
Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1809811)
Posted by Va'al on July 28th, 2016 @ 9:04am CDT
Artist Fico Ossio, who will be providing the main linework for the upcoming Revolution event (though not the single series issues) has been sharing on his DeviantART some teaser peeks at his black and white artwork in preparation for the big thing - featuring Transformers, Action Man, Micronauts and soon M.A.S.K. joining the roster. Check them out below, as Optimus features twice, too!

Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1810033)
Posted by o.supreme on July 28th, 2016 @ 5:08pm CDT
Gretings All...

ok so I just got my monthly comics. Please forgive me but after looking at the schedule for Revolution...I am totally confused. I've been trying to keep up with the articles, but apparently I haven't been doing a good job.

I know that in Sept both the self titled TF & MTMTE will stop at #57 and the next month, October with Revolution go back to #1 (MTMTE will be renamed "The Lost Light"). But will the "Revolution" be each titles #1, or are there Revolution #1's, and individual TF #1's ...(if that makes sense).

Also...is TAAO going to reset after only 4 issues?...seems kind of silly, but oh well.

I know I probably am putting myself through more trouble than its worth, but I am a fan of linear continuity. all these stupid restarts always get on my nerves. IN my world, the Titans return one shot is issue #300 of an ongoing series, and for the most part I've been able to keep track despite all the curveballs that IDW throws, but this one has me perplexed. Its nice they are always providing jumping on points for new fans, but I guess they really don't think much of us that have been around since Infiltration #0 .

If anyone can list it all out for me, this would be appreciated. Also, is it just me or does it seem the timing of Revolution is a bit off. This would have been a good thing to start in January 2017, when both ongoings had a solid 5 year run behind them, and Titans Return could have been fleshed out a bit more rather than forced through 5 issues.
Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1810046)
Posted by Va'al on July 28th, 2016 @ 6:00pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Gretings All...

From what we know so far:

- MTMTE ends in title as such with #57, part of Titans Return, with The Transformers.
- Revolution is a 5 issue event, with TAAO, TF and MTMTE each having an extra issue by themselves as tie-ins to the main Revolution issues. They will be TAAO Revolution #1, TF Revolution #1 and MTMTE Revolution #1. This is not the beginning of the renumbering!
- Post-Revolution, MTMTE becomes Lost Light #1 (instead of MTMTE #58; Roberts still considers it the same book), TF becomes Optimus Prime #1 (instead of TF#58), TAAO - as far as we know - goes back to its numbering pre Revolution, so from #5 onwards.

Does that make more sense?
Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1810314)
Posted by o.supreme on July 29th, 2016 @ 9:14am CDT

So...Basically Titans Return is 5 issues (The Titans Return one shot plus MTMTE #56, 57, and TF #56 & 57) . And TAAO #3 and 4 are basically doing there own thing...you'd think it would be part of Titan wars as well but...

Oh and one more question... So...for example in October will there be a TF MTMTE Revolution #1 AND Lost Light #1, or will TF MTMTE Revolution #1 be October, then Lost Light #1 in November?
Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1810324)
Posted by Va'al on July 29th, 2016 @ 9:22am CDT
o.supreme wrote:Thank You. Yes it makes sense in that now I know what to look for at my local shop, and wont be missing any issues. It still doesn't make sens from a business point of view, but whatever. They can number the issues however they want. I just wish maybe in the inside, maybe even on the back page they could put a number in the corner like #301, #302 etc...for those of us that are keeping an overall tab on things. ;)

I posted the schedule somewhere... aha! Here: the-transformers-idwverse-a-chronology-t105238s25.php#p1808899. In any case:

- Road to Revolution hits in September.
- Revolution runs from September to November. MTMTErev#1 is November, TF and TAAO are October.
- Lost Light starts in December.

Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1810338)
Posted by o.supreme on July 29th, 2016 @ 9:39am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:- Lost Light starts in December.

Thanks. sadly it was seeing that schedule in the first place that started all the confusion for me. It shows all the Revolution titles, but doesn't give clarity as to when the regular TF books start up again, or if they are occurring in the same months.

So will Optimus Prime #1 and TAAO #5 start back up again in November or December? I still say if they had waited until January this all would have been a lot easier. :lol: .
Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1812040)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 4th, 2016 @ 10:39am CDT
Scavengers in Revolution... oh this will be a fun ride!
Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1812176)
Posted by Tyrannacon on August 4th, 2016 @ 3:42pm CDT
I'm kind of skeptical of the wider Hasbro Universe fitting in with Transformers. I mean G.I. Joe is one thing, but eh. I'll try it though and hope for the best. At least it's not My Little Pony or Jem trying to be shoe-horned in. I still have nightmares about Megatron from TFP being a brony. :P
Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1814513)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 11th, 2016 @ 11:16pm CDT
IDW Publishing has now placed orders for Revolution: Issue #00 on their website! Revolution is set to be the big crossover between several major IDW storylines and characters, including our beloved Transformers, GI Joe, M.A.S.K., Action Man, Micronauts, and ROM! Check out the comic by clicking the above link! We've included the synopsis for issue #00 for you to read up on while you're waiting on the download.

THE REVOLUTION BEGINS! Explosions rip across the Earth—and all signs of blame point to OPTIMUS PRIME and the TRANSFORMERS! G.I. JOE refuses to go quietly—and they assemble heroes big enough to stop the invaders! ACTION MAN and M.A.S.K. fight for humanity—but where do ROM and the MICRONAUTS stand? Celebrating more than a decade of stories by IDW and HASBRO, this unprecedented bi-weekly event draws everything together—and leaves nothing standing. The REVOLUTION is here—TAKE A STAND!
Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1814518)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 11th, 2016 @ 11:29pm CDT
With Issue #00 ready for download, Issue #1 is ready to give us a preview into what is to come in Revolution! This Preview comes from Comic Book Resources, and has been mirrored below for your enjoyment. Included in the preview are: The 8-page preview that was available in various Transformers comics last month, the 8 different covers, and the first 6 pages.

Check it out!

Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1814526)
Posted by primalxconvoy on August 12th, 2016 @ 12:42am CDT
Thanks again to Seibertron for uploading the pictures! TFW2005, as usual just gave a link to the (unreachable) IDW and that was it. Plus, then there is the hassle of trying to open a very large PDF file.

However, it was an absolute bugger to download these pictures. Server problems?
Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1814528)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 12th, 2016 @ 1:29am CDT
Interesting, this looks like it may actually be quite fun :-)
Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1814543)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 12th, 2016 @ 5:23am CDT
Is this like the first time since the 84 marvel run, that the transformers have been in Portland?
Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1814567)
Posted by Kurona on August 12th, 2016 @ 7:15am CDT
Is that Skywarp what have those bastards done to Skywarp
Re: IDW Hasbro Comics Crossover: Revolution - More Than Meets the Eye Roche / Burcham Cover Variant Art (1814570)
Posted by Big Grim on August 12th, 2016 @ 7:23am CDT
Who was that strung up? Some of the colours are making me think Blitzwing but I don't believe it's him.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer 2016 & Snowplow 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide Rescue Rig Boat Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Academy Salvage Converting Toy, 4.5-In" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Power Charge Bumblebee VOLKSWAGEN VW BUG" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects - SDCC Exclusive Transformers 8" Dead Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Lot Optimus Bumblebee Ironhide Skidz And More" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Grimlock New Factory Sealed" on EBAY