IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview

IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview

Friday, August 12th, 2016 9:52pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 20,693

Newsarama has now uploaded the full preview for More Than Meets The Eye 56, the first of the 2 Titans Return crossover starring Fortress Maximus, Red Alert, and the Luna 1 Crew! Be warned that this preview includes a flashback to Red Alert's attempted suicide attempt from issue 9. Check out the full preview below, and stay tuned next Wednesday for the Seibertron.com review!

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #56
James Roberts (w) * Priscilla Tramontano (a & c) TITANS RETURN! On Luna 1, nothing ever happens-and as far as FORTRESS MAXIMUS and RED ALERT are concerned, nothing ever will. After all, who else could possibly be interested in the Luna 1's birthing field and its graveyard full of dead Titans?
FC * 32 pages * $3.99
Bullet points:
* You've never seen a TRANSFORMERS crossover like this before!
* Ties directly in to this month's TRANSFORMERS!
* Sets the stage for next month's REVOLUTION!
* Variant cover by Ken Christiansen!

Transformers News: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Discussion Thread

Credit(s): Newsarama

Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1814792)
Posted by Randomhero on August 12th, 2016 @ 10:59pm CDT
Ya know I was starting to be convinced thatfort max might eventually get reengineered as a Titan with Prowls help but after reading this I don't think that's going to happen. IDWs really doing its own version with very little tie in to the toys because they're not packed with toys this time so it really feels like "hey here's our version and there's max and cerebros and there's some Dead Titans" after all this is a 5 issue story and that's it.

Not complaining in the slightest, I'm all for this, there seems to be a lot of interesting stuff going on on Luna one however I do wish a bigger deal would be made that Luna One now has a working space bridge and its in contact with Cybertron. THIS IS LUNA ONE! There have been quest for it! It was thought to be a myth for so long by some and instead it's "oh hey, Luna one is real and Fortress Maximus is running it now. So what else is new?"
Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1814793)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 12th, 2016 @ 11:01pm CDT
Who knows how this will turn out. But it looks to be a good story and a good way to wrap up the MTMTE title.

Plus, we finally see Red's alternate form and "Red" vision like we did "Magnus" vision
Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1814853)
Posted by Autobot N on August 13th, 2016 @ 6:39am CDT
Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1814855)
Posted by Va'al on August 13th, 2016 @ 6:46am CDT
Autobot N wrote:You might want to remove the "The Story So Far" page. That's a pretty big spoiler.

The entire issue is a spoiler for things that happen in Transformers #56 - but there has been another scheduling mishap at IDW which is beyond our control, and we only post previews as is once the embargo is broken by Newsarama and the such.

It's out of our hands, I'm afraid. :/
Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1814861)
Posted by concrusher792 on August 13th, 2016 @ 7:20am CDT
So does this mean Blackrock/Sovereign will become Alpha Trion's Titan Master, or will they pull a fast one on us and redeco the TR Alpha Trion mold in the comics and make it Onyx Prime, making Onyx's creation his head? I am surprised I did not realize that the TR Alpha Trion mold could be used for Onyx's bestial mode until now, even if its not as dragonish as his Aligned artwork.
Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1814862)
Posted by Va'al on August 13th, 2016 @ 7:34am CDT
concrusher792 wrote:So does this mean Blackrock/Sovereign will become Alpha Trion's Titan Master, or will they pull a fast one on us and redeco the TR Alpha Trion mold in the comics and make it Onyx Prime, making Onyx's creation his head? I am surprised I did not realize that The Alpha Trion mold could be used for Onyx's bestial mode until now, even if its not as dragonish as his Aligned artwork.

More on this to be seen in the issue, next week! ;)
Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1815406)
Posted by Va'al on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:49am CDT
The other variant we have to show you this fine Monday is the Nick Roche / Josh Burcham subscription cover for this week's issue of Transformers More Than Meets the Eye #56 from IDW Publishing. The full preview can be seen here, and the Prowl-Fort Max stand-off right below!

Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1815413)
Posted by Kurona on August 15th, 2016 @ 6:16am CDT
Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1815420)
Posted by griftimus prime on August 15th, 2016 @ 7:09am CDT
fantastic art
Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1815432)
Posted by Randomhero on August 15th, 2016 @ 8:38am CDT
Kurona wrote:Can't wait for this. Especially because of how much Fort Max was freaking out about wanting to tear Prowl limb from limb back in the early issues...

Jesus I totally forgot about that. People kept saying "fight fight fight!!" And I kept wondering why. Oh yeah...last stand of the wreckers and issue 6 of MTMTE...
Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1815473)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 15th, 2016 @ 12:01pm CDT
Fort Max/Prowl/Red/Cerebros is gonna make for a good story this time around
Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1815486)
Posted by Kurona on August 15th, 2016 @ 12:39pm CDT
Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1815488)
Posted by Va'al on August 15th, 2016 @ 12:43pm CDT
Kurona wrote:I'm just wondering where the heck Prowl's BEEN. I mean we had Sins, but then he made one sort of cameo in ex-RID... 50, I think? And it looked like that was building up to something but he... wasn't in it again.

He probably just sits in shadows, sulking and learning how to tilt his head and make his fingertips touch perfectly. That, or he plays chess against Starscream, pretending he's Bumblebee's ghost.
Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1815518)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:09pm CDT

His story may be touched on in more detail in TF56 since that one comes before this one and it is an error that MTMTE is out first
Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1815530)
Posted by Va'al on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:25pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

I prefer my explation.
Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1815533)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:40pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

I prefer my explation.

Of course.

Can't wait for TF56 though to find some more stuff out
Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1815541)
Posted by Va'al on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:52pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

I prefer my explation.

Of course.

Can't wait for TF56 though to find some more stuff out

...I was waiting for someone to say: 'Don't you mean explanation?'

So I could say, 'I was saving the NAh for now'.

Spoisport. [-(
Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1815544)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:55pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

I prefer my explation.

Of course.

Can't wait for TF56 though to find some more stuff out

...I was waiting for someone to say: 'Don't you mean explanation?'

So I could say, 'I was saving the NAh for now'.

Spoisport. [-(

Whoops, spoiled the Boss man's fun.

Gotta run, toot sweet
Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1815545)
Posted by Kurona on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:55pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

I prefer my explation.

"Don't you mean explanation?"

I've got this
Re: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #56 Full Preview (1815552)
Posted by Va'al on August 15th, 2016 @ 4:24pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

I prefer my explation.

"Don't you mean explanation?"

I've got this

I was saving the NAH for this moment.

I knew I chose you for a reason

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 THRUST Vintage Generations One 1985- Nosecone defect-" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Silverbolt (Superion) 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "NEW IN-HAND Transformers Generations Kingdom Ultra Magnus War for Cybertron " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Dinobots Unite - ThunderHowl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG-15 Nightbird Shadow (not Arcee) MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG-12 Windblade MISB (Takara Tomy)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Ultimate Gift Set (Combat Hero Optimus Prime, Jazz)" on EBAY
Buy "2014 Transformers Combiner Wars HUFFER Complete with Cardback and Instructions" on EBAY