IDW New Releases for August 29th

IDW New Releases for August 29th

Sunday, August 26th, 2007 12:25pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 16,537

IDW has updated their New Releases Section with their August 29th releases. IDW will be releasing only one book. It is Transformers Spotlight: Optimus Prime. You can check out a five page preview for Transformers Spotlight: Optimus Prime in the IDW New Releases Section.

Credit(s): IDWPublishing.com

Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (307361)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 26th, 2007 @ 12:46pm CDT
Must get this so that so many of my/our questions will be answered...

Can't wait!!!
Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (307402)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on August 26th, 2007 @ 1:14pm CDT
I've gotta wait to get this, seeing as how I've gotta take part in some school related events during the morning and early afternoon.

God help the guys who run the store if they don't order enough. Then again, maybe I can bug out for a bit to go get it...
Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (307437)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on August 26th, 2007 @ 1:32pm CDT
Anyone know if they're gonna keep doing Spotlight TPBs?

I'm sure they will, but some verification would be nice.
Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (307536)
Posted by WhiteRabbit on August 26th, 2007 @ 2:32pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:Anyone know if they're gonna keep doing Spotlight TPBs?

I'm sure they will, but some verification would be nice.

They are. Volume 2 will come out some time after Spotlight: Ramjet is released.

It'll have the Spotlights for Soundwave, Kup, Galvatron, Optimus Prime and Ramjet.

The next five spotlights will likely come out in 2008, and three of them will be written by Simon Furman.

He's already confirmed that one of them will be Spotlight: Grimlock.
Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (307549)
Posted by Autobotspitfire on August 26th, 2007 @ 2:41pm CDT
the Dominatrix and the Transformers should do a crossover, lol. the Prime spotlight looks good, love the spotlights.
Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (307565)
Posted by tequila stu on August 26th, 2007 @ 3:01pm CDT
I'm actually more excited by the dominatrix comic...
Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (307577)
Posted by waaaaghlord on August 26th, 2007 @ 3:12pm CDT
Probably my most anticipated comic of the year. I'm still convinced that this is just going to tease us with loads of threads that won't pay off until Revelation. It would be nice to actually have an in story confirmation that the IDW Optimus doesn't have and has never had the Matrix rather than just out of story comments from Furman and Ryall, might shut up the doubters.
Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (307595)
Posted by Sarri on August 26th, 2007 @ 3:26pm CDT
About time.
I informed my comic dealer last month, that I expect this thing at my door as soons as possible.

Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (307599)
Posted by Leonardo on August 26th, 2007 @ 3:30pm CDT
WhiteRabbit wrote:He's already confirmed that one of them will be Spotlight: Grimlock.

Really? When? I can't say I'm looking forward to that. I got really bored of Grimlock during the Dreamwave run and I was kind of glad that IDW buried him early on. Plus, Furman seems to be carrying on Grimlock's appearance from "The Gathering" through to the new BW comic. I'd prefer it if Furman left him alone for a few years.

I'm really looking forward to Optimus Prime's issue, though. I'm hoping we get a little background information on the lineage of the Primes.
Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (307607)
Posted by Justicity on August 26th, 2007 @ 3:36pm CDT
Niiice, must get next week. ^^ Been looking forward to this for a while.
Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (307617)
Posted by WhiteRabbit on August 26th, 2007 @ 3:41pm CDT
Leonardo wrote:

Really? When?

He told us on the IDW boards in his blog thread.

Leonardo wrote:Oddly enough, I've found myself strangely missing Starscream recently, despite having complained about him being repetitive after DW made him hard to stomach.

I believe he'll be back at some point in Devastation. If not, Revelation.
Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (307623)
Posted by WhiteRabbit on August 26th, 2007 @ 3:44pm CDT
Sarri wrote:Will be my first IDW comic, I just can't find myself warming up to the rest of what I have seen of the series.

Really? Have you read any of it?
Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (307635)
Posted by Leonardo on August 26th, 2007 @ 3:55pm CDT
Thanks for the linky!
Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (307747)
Posted by i_amtrunks on August 26th, 2007 @ 5:40pm CDT
About time.

Megatron #3 and Beast Wars Ascending should be out either next week or the week after then I suppose?
Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (307802)
Posted by WhiteRabbit on August 26th, 2007 @ 6:18pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:About time.

Sounds about right.
Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (307935)
Posted by bumblezzz on August 26th, 2007 @ 7:50pm CDT
so..kant..wait...to....prime's.....
Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (308161)
Posted by optimusprime197532 on August 26th, 2007 @ 10:33pm CDT
I get paid friday hopefully my comic shop i go to will have the spotlight on optimus prime then.
Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (309355)
Posted by justynnbailey on August 27th, 2007 @ 4:50pm CDT
SPOTLIIIIIIIGHTTTTTTT GRRRRRRIIIIIIMMMMMLLLLLOOOOOOCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (310094)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 27th, 2007 @ 10:35pm CDT
Re: IDW New Releases for August 29th (310163)
Posted by i_amtrunks on August 27th, 2007 @ 11:15pm CDT
Megatron_Wolf wrote:Damn it. The comic store over here doesnt carry the spot lights. I plan on buying them all from IDW once i get a job.

It is cheaper and easier to get them in TPB form too.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Netflix Megatron With Skelivore War for Cybertron New Sealed In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield" on EBAY
Buy "Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep Set of 3 | Transformers Platinum Edition Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Transformers Collertors Club TFSS Series 5.0 Shattered Glass Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "G1 transformers Diamond Select bust Coronation Starscream 445/600 broken read" on EBAY
Buy "NEWinbox "Armada of Cyclonus" Hasbro Transformers 3pc Set Cyclonus+Sweep+Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2021 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Robot Action Figure - F1288" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series #40BB Deluxe Decepticon Shatter" on EBAY