IDW New Releases for June 27th

IDW New Releases for June 27th

Sunday, June 24th, 2007 2:52am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Movie Related News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 18,076

IDW has updated their New Releases Section with their June 27th releases. IDW will be releasing three books. The first one is Transformers Movie Adaptation #4. The second is Transformers Magazine #1. The third is The Transformers Spotlight: Galvatron. You can check out five page previews for all three books in the IDW New Releases Section.

Credit(s): IDWPublishing.com

Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (180652)
Posted by Blozor on June 24th, 2007 @ 7:41am CDT
What is Transformers Magazine #1? I seem to have missed the news briefs on that. Is it movie-related or regular continuity?
Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (180661)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on June 24th, 2007 @ 7:47am CDT
From the preview pictures they posted, it looks like their Marvel reprint series. Maybe this is how their "Generations" stories will be published from now on?
Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (180710)
Posted by JazZeke on June 24th, 2007 @ 9:07am CDT
It's a collection of three comics, not all of them Marvel. I think they're putting the first issue of Stormbringer in there too.
Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (180732)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on June 24th, 2007 @ 9:33am CDT
Can someone float me a dollar fifty so I can get the Galvatron Spotlight? I blew most of my money to get the Movie Prequel.
Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (180746)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on June 24th, 2007 @ 9:56am CDT
This looks like raging fun!
Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (180894)
Posted by Lefthand convoy on June 24th, 2007 @ 12:06pm CDT
It's about time someone does something spectacular with one of the best villainous figure heads in transformers history. Props for not having him yet another upgraded Megs. That was cool in the day, but old as hell now.
Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (180943)
Posted by steve2275 on June 24th, 2007 @ 12:48pm CDT
ooo galvatron spot
Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (180970)
Posted by justynnbailey on June 24th, 2007 @ 1:24pm CDT
Bout slaggin time for the Galvatron Spotlight! The others I don't care so much about.....
Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (181079)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on June 24th, 2007 @ 3:08pm CDT
justynnbailey wrote:Bout slaggin time for the Galvatron Spotlight!

What do you mean "bout slaggin time?" It wasn't supposed to be out till next month.
Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (181433)
Posted by i_amtrunks on June 24th, 2007 @ 6:37pm CDT
Is the Magazine the one Furman has been working on recently? It has a couple of different comics in it every issues, an 80's Marvel, and IDW fairly recent and a DW reprint as well (I think).

Bring on the Galvatron!
Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (181722)
Posted by Hotrod on June 24th, 2007 @ 9:29pm CDT
I am so looking Forward to the Galvatron Spotlight. I thought the Kup Spotlight was awesome.
Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (181849)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 24th, 2007 @ 10:10pm CDT
Well, with the Megatron Origins, and now the Galvatron Spotlight, the heavy baddies on the Decepticon side are really get some play!

I'm hoping this is among the best of the Spotlights (Shockwave, Nightbeat, Soundwave, Kup...), well, they've all been decent, but I didn't like Sixshot much... As long as it is better than Sixshot!!! 8)

Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (181904)
Posted by Hairball178 on June 24th, 2007 @ 10:45pm CDT
Galvatron's an emissary of the Dead Universe that Furman keeps going on about in his Escalation rants, isn't he?
Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (181995)
Posted by Ninja Sixshot on June 24th, 2007 @ 11:53pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Transformers Magazine...I may get this just to get it, but I'm not sure if I will continue getting it or not.

me too. ill probably just get the first issue of the magazine.
Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (182374)
Posted by steve2275 on June 25th, 2007 @ 6:05am CDT
Hotrod wrote:I thought the Kup Spotlight was awesome.

i thought nicks art sucked on that one
comapred to his shockwave spot
its why i havent bought it yet
Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (182649)
Posted by jgilkinson on June 25th, 2007 @ 10:14am CDT
steve2275 wrote:
Hotrod wrote:I thought the Kup Spotlight was awesome.

i thought nicks art sucked on that one
comapred to his shockwave spot
its why i havent bought it yet

agreed, not a big fan of the art on that one, or the story for that matter.
Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (182664)
Posted by Calvatron on June 25th, 2007 @ 10:24am CDT
Really?. I really enjoyed the stream of conciousness-esque feel with kup. And the alternating art styles really set the mood very well. To each his own i guess...
Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (184229)
Posted by kingbear on June 26th, 2007 @ 4:42am CDT
I hope IDW can release new comics ASAP.
Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (185890)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 26th, 2007 @ 9:17pm CDT
kingbear wrote:I hope IDW can release new comics ASAP.

Your wish is granted...Galvatron Spotlight supposedly coomes out tomorrow, and the movie #4, I believe it said in the first post... :P
Re: IDW New Releases for June 27th (185931)
Posted by Judge Deliberata on June 26th, 2007 @ 9:34pm CDT
My comic store's shipping list only has part 4 of the movie as out tomorrow. They were right about Megatron: Origins' first issue, and I'm certain it'll be the same for the Galvatron Spotlight - probably next week for that one. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we don't get it tomorrow - not being pessimistic, just saying.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 THRUST Vintage Generations One 1985- Nosecone defect-" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations FOC Fall Cybertron Deluxe Vortex (Bruticus) 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "NEW IN-HAND Transformers Generations Kingdom Ultra Magnus War for Cybertron " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Dinobots Unite - ThunderHowl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG-15 Nightbird Shadow (not Arcee) MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG-12 Windblade MISB (Takara Tomy)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Ultimate Gift Set (Combat Hero Optimus Prime, Jazz)" on EBAY
Buy "2014 Transformers Combiner Wars HUFFER Complete with Cardback and Instructions" on EBAY