IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview

IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview

Friday, December 8th, 2017 2:38am CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 10,452

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Well it looks like Christmas will be coming a little early for fans of IDW's Optimus Prime ongoing comic. Coming to us from iTunes, we have a three page preview of issue #14, which is due just a few days before Christmas, on December 20th! Picking up right where issue #13 left off, we get right into it with Prowl leading a team consisting of Wheelie, Garnak, Stardrive(!) and a HUGE gun, on a mission to save the Throttlebots (who'd been MIA for the better part of a decade, since Spotlight: Metroplex, waaaaaaaay back in 2008) from a horde of beast-mode Transformers.The other plot thread running through the issue is Optimus' team fighting the Dinobots over a cache of sparks that Trypticon is bringing to life. Read on below!

On Cybertron, Optimus Prime battles the Dinobots over the first new Cybertronian life to emerge in four million years! But does he stand a chance when the Dinobots' newest member is two miles tall and eats cities?


Transformers News: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview

Transformers News: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview

Transformers News: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview

So what do you think? Are you planning on picking this issue up when it comes out in a few weeks? Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for a full preview in a week or two, then come back to the Energon Pub Forums to discuss this issue when it's released.

Credit(s): iTunes


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1925712)
Posted by Sunstar on December 8th, 2017 @ 2:55am CST
Holy slag, that poor thing is part dire wraith.
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1925716)
Posted by Bounti76 on December 8th, 2017 @ 3:50am CST
Sunstar wrote:Holy slag, that poor thing is part dire wraith.


I had hoped that wouldn't be the case with her, but hopefully it's like that G.I. Joe character (Doc?) who's half Wraith and one of the good guys. Seems like Stardrive doesn't let any Wraith part of her take over.
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1925720)
Posted by Sabrewing on December 8th, 2017 @ 4:54am CST
Hmmm. There was a Dire Wraith in a MTMTE issue of Revolution who seemed pretty nice.
I am guessing they're not innately evil any more than humans or Cybertronians.

Maybe it's a Venom type deal: it matters who the host is, and Stardrive is very strong-willed.
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1925723)
Posted by Sabrewing on December 8th, 2017 @ 5:01am CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Up and to the right behind Hydra - is that Drancron?
Update: yep, it's Drancron: https://twitter.com/LivioRamondelli/sta ... 5655490562

Jumping waaaaay ahead here, but if they manage to use beasts as Unicronian heralds like in BW II and Armada that will be awesome

But what if they are the coming of Onyx instead? We know he's coming next year!


>The Primes return
>Everybody is shaking in their actuators
>Turns out they have returned to prepare Cybertron for something even worse
"The tribes must unite!"
"There aren't really tribes anymore."
"If you say 'unite' do you mean 'combine'?
"This is an outrage! We have fought to rid ourselves of oppressors for millions of years!"
"Wait, what does this mean? Were these guys created by the Guiding Hand?"
"What would Primus do?"
"Is Optimus one of these Primes?"
"Scrap that - is Megatron?"
"You are being deceived!"


Also... still rooting for this to be true.
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1925729)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on December 8th, 2017 @ 6:25am CST
It doesn't surprise me that Stardrive is now part Dire Wraith based on the conclusion of Shining Armor. I just hope she's able to control that side of her.

I'm wondering why Prowl is missing an eye again. Maybe he had to fight someone for the Vamparc Ribbon? Maybe it's just artistic license or a straight-up goof.
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1925738)
Posted by snavej on December 8th, 2017 @ 8:03am CST
BATTLEMASTER IIC wrote:It doesn't surprise me that Stardrive is now part Dire Wraith based on the conclusion of Shining Armor. I just hope she's able to control that side of her.

I'm wondering why Prowl is missing an eye again. Maybe he had to fight someone for the Vamparc Ribbon? Maybe it's just artistic license or a straight-up goof.


Why can't Prowl get his eye replaced or fixed? He's supposed to be incredibly capable and resourceful.
Come to think of it, why doesn't Elita-1 get her right-side antenna replaced? Is that deliberate, leaving the damage unfixed for many years? This might have been explained but I forgot.
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1925750)
Posted by Sunstar on December 8th, 2017 @ 9:25am CST
It was a tiny bit. I assume too small to do more than give her an extra ability?
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1925778)
Posted by Randomhero on December 8th, 2017 @ 11:43am CST
snavej wrote:
BATTLEMASTER IIC wrote:It doesn't surprise me that Stardrive is now part Dire Wraith based on the conclusion of Shining Armor. I just hope she's able to control that side of her.

I'm wondering why Prowl is missing an eye again. Maybe he had to fight someone for the Vamparc Ribbon? Maybe it's just artistic license or a straight-up goof.


Why can't Prowl get his eye replaced or fixed? He's supposed to be incredibly capable and resourceful.
Come to think of it, why doesn't Elita-1 get her right-side antenna replaced? Is that deliberate, leaving the damage unfixed for many years? This might have been explained but I forgot.



Well look at garnak. He’s got an eye patch now he didn’t during dark Cybertron. In fact all his wounds were healed From syndromica. The in-universe excuse is he has a healing factor, barber said that to fix the continuity goof. Real reason is Dark a Cybertron was drawn a year before release and the artists didn’t know he was injured. Same thing here. Livio is just following the last time he drew the characters. Prowls missing eye from the one panel he drew him in titans return even though it was repaired at the end of Sins of the wreckers only for Priscilla to follow and give him his missing eye only for her to have it repaired at the end of Titans Return and now it’s back to being gone again.

Tfwiki just put that maybe he’s missing it as a reminder of his betrayal he feels from a Prime.

Real reason: livio doesn’t bother to read previous book to follow continuity unity or it’s just in the script that it’s gone again.
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1925809)
Posted by ScottyP on December 8th, 2017 @ 12:56pm CST
Sabrewing wrote:Hmmm. There was a Dire Wraith in a MTMTE issue of Revolution who seemed pretty nice.
I am guessing they're not innately evil any more than humans or Cybertronians.

Maybe it's a Venom type deal: it matters who the host is, and Stardrive is very strong-willed.
Ryall's confirmed this. Wraiths like Doc and CONS4EVA were just a first glimpse into the fact that not all Dire Wraiths use magic for spooky evilness or whatever.

That said, Dire Wraiths are not interesting villains. I'm disappointed in this direction for Stardrive, but open to changing my mind about it. Not a good start though.
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1925844)
Posted by Randomhero on December 8th, 2017 @ 3:16pm CST
ScottyP wrote:
Sabrewing wrote:Hmmm. There was a Dire Wraith in a MTMTE issue of Revolution who seemed pretty nice.
I am guessing they're not innately evil any more than humans or Cybertronians.

Maybe it's a Venom type deal: it matters who the host is, and Stardrive is very strong-willed.
Ryall's confirmed this. Wraiths like Doc and CONS4EVA were just a first glimpse into the fact that not all Dire Wraiths use magic for spooky evilness or whatever.

That said, Dire Wraiths are not interesting villains. I'm disappointed in this direction for Stardrive, but open to changing my mind about it. Not a good start though.



Yeah they’re just Skrulls. A dime a dozen. You can make them as threatening as you want but they’re not really that interesting. IDW is trying to make them the worst enemy in the universe but cybertronians have already filled that roll for the past 12 years of IDW. Nothing wrong with that it’s a good idea and works.
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1925950)
Posted by WarMachine72 on December 9th, 2017 @ 10:54am CST
Stardrive's alt mode looks interesting in this illustration. I can see Hasbto/Takara retooling the Titans Return Misfire mold into this character. That could be an interesting possibility. :-? :BOT:
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1926075)
Posted by Randomhero on December 10th, 2017 @ 1:17pm CST
WarMachine72 wrote:Stardrive's alt mode looks interesting in this illustration. I can see Hasbto/Takara retooling the Titans Return Misfire mold into this character. That could be an interesting possibility. :-? :BOT:


Well Takara isn’t gonna do it because they have no attachment to her and the Titan master gimmick is gone now so don’t hold out too much hope.
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1926080)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on December 10th, 2017 @ 3:31pm CST
And exactly what attachment do they have to Windblade, which they have made multiple figures of?

Randomhero wrote:
WarMachine72 wrote:Stardrive's alt mode looks interesting in this illustration. I can see Hasbto/Takara retooling the Titans Return Misfire mold into this character. That could be an interesting possibility. :-? :BOT:


Well Takara isn’t gonna do it because they have no attachment to her and the Titan master gimmick is gone now so don’t hold out too much hope.
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1926151)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 11th, 2017 @ 9:38am CST
I'm more interested in seeing what Prowl has been up to, considering he was chilling on Luna 1. And where he found his hidden Vamparc Ribbons. And how he brought his team together.

Also, looks like poor Searchlight bit it. Dang, down to 3
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1926321)
Posted by Tyrannacon on December 12th, 2017 @ 3:50pm CST
Previews World has shown us a look at the retail cover B of the IDW Optimus Prime #14 comic that is set to release later this month around December 20th. The cover is done by artist, Casey Coller, as part of IDW's Artist Edition Cover month series. While the comic deals still with the fallout of the First-Strike series still, the production of the comic itself features the talents of writer, John Barber and the art skills of Livio Ramondelli inside the cover. The summary on PreviewsWorld states:

"On Cybertron, Optimus Prime battles the Dinobots over the first new Cybertronian life to emerge in four million years! But does he stand a chance when the Dinobots' newest member is two miles tall and eats cities?

Lastly, the sales price is set to $3.99. Be sure to support the comic if you love it!

Image
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1927276)
Posted by Va'al on December 19th, 2017 @ 2:38am CST
The third preview of this week's comics from IDW Publishing - as the Till All Are One Annual was covered already here - brings us back to Transformers proper, and the second part of the Livio Ramondelli-drawn issues featuring both the Throttlebots and the Dinobots in Optimus Prime #14. There are pretty much all of the possible spoilers for the previous issue present in the opening pages of this, so if you're a trade reader, or still waiting for #13, avoid the images below!

Will you be picking up the issue this week? Let us know what you think, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub discussion boards.

Optimus Prime #14
John Barber (w) • Livio Ramondelli (a) • Kei Zama (c)
On Cybertron, Optimus Prime battles the Dinobots over the first new Cybertronian life to emerge in four million years! But does he stand a chance when the Dinobots' newest member is two miles tall and eats cities?
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Bullet points:
Part of IDW’s Artist’s Edition Cover Month!
Optimus Prime deals with the fallout of the First Strike event!
Variant cover by James Raiz!


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1927310)
Posted by Randomhero on December 19th, 2017 @ 11:54am CST
Anyone recognizing any Easter eggs in prowls weapons cache? So far I think I see AOE lockdowns face gun, maybe the sniper rifle from WFC/FOC and a second vamparc ribbon


Oh and a giant stone head of Unicron
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1927313)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 19th, 2017 @ 12:40pm CST
Randomhero wrote:Anyone recognizing any Easter eggs in prowls weapons cache? So far I think I see AOE lockdowns face gun, maybe the sniper rifle from WFC/FOC and a second vamparc ribbon


Oh and a giant stone head of Unicron

I was looking at that head trying to figure out what it was. It looked more like a skull, but now I see Unicron clearly.

The one gun looks like Megatron's fusion cannon hanging from the roof. As for the others, I may need to reread A/M/P to see if I recognize any of them
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1927314)
Posted by Randomhero on December 19th, 2017 @ 1:00pm CST
I keep wanting to say that scythe is something but I have no idea. First I was thinking Straxus’s weapon of choice but that’s a sickle

The Unicron head I didn’t notice at first. I thought it was a table. Not gonna bitch and moan about Livio but it’s not a good drawing.
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Issue #14 Three Page iTunes Preview (1927324)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on December 19th, 2017 @ 2:47pm CST
soooo, are IDW not allowed to let competent artists draw the Dinobots anymore? cuz for the last 2 (almost 3 years), every time the Dinobots show up, they're drawn by that hack Ramondelli.

the Dinobots are my favorite characters, and every time I read a solicit that mentions them I get excited. until I see Ramondelli's name in the art credits, at which point my excitement shrivels and dies like an earthworm on a Texas Sidewalk in July.

idw has dozens of amazing artists working for them. Matt Frank, Alex Milne, Jack Lawrence, Sarah Pietre Durocher, Guido Guidi, Kei Zama, Hayato Sakamoto, Andrew Griffin, E.J. Su, just to name a few.

hell, at this point i'd rather have Pat Lee back.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Onslaught Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Legends Class Windcharger Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force 1-Step Changer Soundwave" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers G1 THRUST Vintage Generations One 1985- Nosecone defect-" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Silverbolt (Superion) 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "NEW IN-HAND Transformers Generations Kingdom Ultra Magnus War for Cybertron " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Dinobots Unite - ThunderHowl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG-15 Nightbird Shadow (not Arcee) MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG-12 Windblade MISB (Takara Tomy)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Ultimate Gift Set (Combat Hero Optimus Prime, Jazz)" on EBAY
Buy "2014 Transformers Combiner Wars HUFFER Complete with Cardback and Instructions" on EBAY