IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018

Transformers News: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018

Saturday, March 3rd, 2018 8:08PM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 12,420

Thanks to a new listing from Amazon.com, we have word that Volume 4 of the IDW Optimus Prime ongoing will be released on November 20 of this year. The listing shows that the trade paperback will collect issues 15-21, and is collectively focusing on Onyx Prime and what he has brought to the table, as recently seen in issues 15 and 16 of the series.

You can check out the cover below, as well as the description of the book, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Darkness falls over Cybertron as the legendary Onyx Prime returns, throwing the planet into chaos! What does this mean for Optimus Prime--and the Earth?

As Onyx and his comrades sow panic and dissension on Cybertron, Windblade defends an already tense planet against a secret that could shatter it forever, Soundwave questions a fragile alliance, and Optimus confronts a mystery that goes back millions of years.

Collects Transformers: Optimus Prime issues #15-21.

Transformers News: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018
Credit(s): Amazon.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1947726)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on March 23rd, 2018 @ 10:13am CDT

Screenshot_2018-03-23-10-10-19.png
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1947745)
Posted by Va'al on March 23rd, 2018 @ 11:51am CDT
Targetmaster Kup wrote:Not sure why, possibly extreme delays, but OP #17 & #18 we taken off the shipping calendar as reported to ComicList at http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/list ... 03-21-2018

Screenshot_2018-03-23-10-10-19.png

As far as I know, OP 17 was moved to April 18, meaning OP 18 will also have to move along
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1949017)
Posted by Va'al on March 29th, 2018 @ 4:02am CDT
Directly from artist Kei Zama herself on her Tumblr blog, currently main and cover artist on IDW Publishing's ongoing Transformers comics series Optimus Prime, we have the covers for upcoming issues #17 and #18 of the title, with lineart provided and coloured final version of both (handiwork of Josh Burcham, of course).

You can check them out below, as Devastator takes centre stage on the first one, and Solus Prime hammering away in her forge on the latter - and then join the conversation in the Energon Pub!

Optimus Prime #17 cover

Written by: John Barber
Art by: me
Colors by: Josh Burcham @dcjosh​
Letters by: Tom B. Long
Editor: David Mariotte

Optimus Prime #18 cover

Written by John Barber
Interior art by Livio Ramondelli and Pitre-Durocher @spewpew
Colors by Josh Burcham @dcjosh​
Letters by: Tom B. Long
Editor: David Mariotte

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1949018)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 29th, 2018 @ 4:05am CDT
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1949048)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 29th, 2018 @ 9:25am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Solus prime is looking very good in that art, would be nice if we eventually got full sized figures for all the primes. So far by my count we got four (five if you got nexus prime from he club)

Alpha Trion, Optimus, Megatronus........who's the fourth?
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1949058)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 29th, 2018 @ 9:59am CDT
We got vector prime in the cybertron line
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1949060)
Posted by Manterax Prime on March 29th, 2018 @ 10:15am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:We got vector prime in the cybertron line

D'oh! I forgot.
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1949096)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on March 29th, 2018 @ 2:31pm CDT
Doesn't Fix-it keeping refering to her as "Sweet Solus Prime". She doesn't look so sweet there. :D
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1949123)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 29th, 2018 @ 5:55pm CDT
Starscream's face is precious :lol: :lol:
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1950497)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 4th, 2018 @ 2:10am CDT

I haven't read about Megatronia being in IDW, it would be awesome if she showed up to fight Victorion. Assuming Vicky survives the fight against big Devy.
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1950500)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 4th, 2018 @ 2:51am CDT
So far megatronia isn't featured and now if she makes the jump, she'll be in the new continuity. At least some of the components will survive devy as we see magna in the Unicron free issue 0, quite alive and well.
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1950529)
Posted by Daniel Adkins on April 4th, 2018 @ 6:42am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I haven't kept up with this title, but I was in my local book store today and saw a copy of volume 2 on the shelf. I picked it up and perused it, and I was totally lost. There seemed to be no coherent story whatsoever, just a bunch of individual stories thrown together. Is that how OP is? No consistent story arc throughout, just a bunch of stuff?

Not everything needs to be six-part story arcs. Personally, I prefer shorter stories and when comics can give me a complete story in a single issue. And of course, they do make a coherent, serialized narrative if you actually read the issues.
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1950538)
Posted by ScottyP on April 4th, 2018 @ 7:39am CDT
Volume 1 is a coherent six part story arc (unless you ask Seibertron who finds it to be a sloppy mess but it's ok to be wrong), Volume 2 is not. It picks up on several dangling plot threads and has some of my favorite stuff from the whole series by a mile - but these are mostly stand-alone things almost like Spotlights.

What order did they print the issues in? If they did publication order I can see it being a mess.

Important note though, at the time OP 7 and LL 8 hit (which was a little ways apart) we'd had: Conquerors > All Hail Optimus > Titans Return > New Cybertron in RiD/TF and Dying of the Light > Titans Return > Dissolution in MTMTE/LL. The 1-2 issue beats were extremely welcome as a reader of the monthlies by that point!

My final point: larger narrative is important but I don't mind it stepping aside to leave room for issues like "What It's Really Like" and "The Life of Sideswipe" which are absolutely great comics to me. I'm so happy they got made since there'd be no room to fit them in here not even a year later!
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1952496)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 12th, 2018 @ 10:21pm CDT
iTunes has updated with a new listing in the form of a 3 page preview for IDW's Optimus Prime #17! Issue 17, set to come out next week on April 18, along with Optimus Prime #18 oddly enough thanks to a bad scheduling error as confirmed by John Barber himself, gives a look at Aileron as she recounts her story of going from a lowly citizen of Caminus to a follower of Optimus Prime, as well as what she thinks of her life going from boring to exciting while getting her best friend killed.

You can check out issue 17's 3 page preview below, BUT BE WARNED, you should not read issue 18's inevitable preview before you have actually read issue 17. So really, don't even read the preview for issue 18. Just buy it and 17 next Wednesday.

Let us know what you think of both the issue 17 preview and the scheduling conflict that has 2 issues of the same series coming out on the same day below!

John Barber wrote:I never say anything like this, but if you're reading Optimus Prime, don't look at any previews of issue 18 before you read 17... and both issues will be out next Wednesday

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1952499)
Posted by WreckerJack on April 12th, 2018 @ 10:40pm CDT
Hehe my sentiments exactly. I should probably get up to date on this comic. Have not been in a reading mood as of late.

Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1952512)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 13th, 2018 @ 1:57am CDT
In one sense having 17 and 18 out on the same is a good thing, it's just bad having the preview out that potentially spoils the end of 17. Still will be nice to read a larger chuck of the story then we'd able to otherwise. Though the name sterling just makes me think of cars 3 which my oldest insists on watching a lot recently.
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1952513)
Posted by WreckerJack on April 13th, 2018 @ 2:03am CDT
I only saw the original cars movie. I was 16 when it came out and my Grandpa wanted to take me and I was trying to make excuses not to go because I was "too old" to go to kid movies. He kept asking so I finally caved in. It was actually a pretty good movie and now that I am older I am glad I did even if I felt goofy at the time. Grandparents are limited edition. Spend time with em while you have them because you will miss them.

I might watch the sequels for old times sake at some point though.
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1952541)
Posted by AlphaBass on April 13th, 2018 @ 8:14am CDT
There are many, MANY examples where the sequel surpasses the original in terms of quality.

Cars 2 is not an example.
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1952543)
Posted by ScottyP on April 13th, 2018 @ 9:11am CDT
:Reads review samples that a few of us get:

Do not read even one page of 18 before 17. Don't do it. Don't do it. You'll want to but wow, indeed, don't you dare do it.

Page 1 of 18 gives you the super high level cliff's notes of 17 and you'll be pissed at yourself for checking it. Consider yourself warned, again! :)
Re: IDW Optimus Prime Volume 4 to be Released November 2018 (1952549)
Posted by KorsO on April 13th, 2018 @ 10:02am CDT
Noted ScottyP. Bout time these issues came out. Though occupied, the time gap felt like an eternity. 2 issues really does make up for it. lol

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "New Sealed Transformers Bumblebee Mask Disguise # 2 McDonalds Happy Meal Bee Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Laser Optimus Prime Battle Convoy complete Takara G1 TRF-13 1999" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers MV5 The Last Knight Deluxe class Steelbane Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy ""US SELLER" TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE COGMAN FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Decepticon Berserker" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet Mask Kids Childrens" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Premium Series: Cannon Bumblebee Action Figure Movie RotF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Valvoline Valvotron Exclusive Action Figure New" on EBAY