IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet

IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet

Monday, November 5th, 2007 3:52pm CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 14,550

IDW Publishing have updated their New Releases page with both Covers and a finished 5 page preview of Spotlight: Ramjet (Due in stores on the 7th of November).

While we have had the "A" cover, and the unfinished 5 page preview, we have not yet before seen the "B" cover, which gives away some hints about other characters to appear in this Spotlight:

Credit(s): IDW Publishing

Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (442675)
Posted by xxaMaxx on November 5th, 2007 @ 4:03pm CST
Wow, that's a very G1 cartoon Megatron. I like it.
Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (442703)
Posted by jazzrules on November 5th, 2007 @ 4:19pm CST
Looking good. Didn't realise it comes out this week. I now have a reason to look forward to the weekend rather than wishing I could reverse time **curse university deadlines**
Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (442759)
Posted by --B-- on November 5th, 2007 @ 4:51pm CST

They look like some kind of practice robot or drone, with target's for faces?

WTF???
Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (442777)
Posted by jazzrules on November 5th, 2007 @ 4:58pm CST
Yeah, they look like the drone Hot Rod practices his fighting skills in the '86 movie.
Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (442781)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on November 5th, 2007 @ 4:59pm CST
So, Ramjet's eloquent and may be a strategic genius? Seems kind of antithetical to his headfirst approach to combat...
Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (442801)
Posted by i_amtrunks on November 5th, 2007 @ 5:07pm CST
--B-- wrote:I've missed a lot of comics, but what the heck are those things at the bottom of the page?

They look like some kind of practice robot or drone, with target's for faces?

WTF???

I'm thinking they might just be part of "the big picture" he was ranting to Skywarp about.

As the page slowly loaded, I first thought we may have been seeing Octopunch's first appearance! :shock: :lol:

And isn't Skywarp a dim-witted soldier who needs constant supervision? Why is Ramjet trusting him?
Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (442865)
Posted by Cyber-Kun on November 5th, 2007 @ 5:34pm CST
How come Skywarp is in traditional G1 style instead of the IDW style? Is it just the variant cover?
Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (442994)
Posted by Bass X0 on November 5th, 2007 @ 6:16pm CST
Its a variant - the characters inside don't look like they do on that cover.
Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (443076)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on November 5th, 2007 @ 6:47pm CST
B covers pretty week, still it looks like they lifted that Megatron right out of the toon, so thats good.

The dynamics are there, it just needs some detail!
Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (443091)
Posted by Bass X0 on November 5th, 2007 @ 6:51pm CST
its hardly weak and it doesn't need anymore detail. its perfect as it is.
Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (443174)
Posted by dragons on November 5th, 2007 @ 7:35pm CST
nice cover very cartoon like i like covers that have kind of style of art work
Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (443316)
Posted by nexisconvoy on November 5th, 2007 @ 9:04pm CST
He looks very cool like that and like the cartoon verson also
Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (443404)
Posted by 1337W422102 on November 5th, 2007 @ 10:09pm CST
Both of Ramjet's knees are different and he's missing his cockpit's canopy. This really IS a G1 cartoon cover, animation errors and everything! (just kidding and being a jerk. I really like this one. I'm curious about those dudes at the bottom...)
Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (443431)
Posted by Judge Deliberata on November 5th, 2007 @ 10:27pm CST
As others have stated, that's an awesome alt cover. Megs looks incredible.

And...dust' mine eyes deceive me? Skywarp having some manner of plot importance? It's gotta be my birthday! I'm loving this!
Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (443541)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on November 6th, 2007 @ 12:25am CST
Is that a reference to the Toilet Paper Adventures I see on page 2? I was under the assumption that we wouldn't be seeing anything of the sort.

Then again, I was told that by someone who works at IDW. And why should I believe anything they say? :roll:
Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (443547)
Posted by Pyrostrata on November 6th, 2007 @ 12:30am CST
OoOoOoOoOoOOOO! G1-esque Megs! Purdy!
Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (443627)
Posted by Leonardo on November 6th, 2007 @ 2:29am CST
Interesting. Not a lot happening given that this is almost a quarter of a book but hopefully the plot will shift a gear during this spotlight.

I'm kind of glad that Moore used the word 'crap' instead of 'slag' or some equivalent.

I'm not sure why Skywarp says, "You weren't on Earth then," when Ramjet would probably already know that. Even if Ramjet didn't know when Starscream had been put out of commission, why does he need to know when?

I like the art a lot.
Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (443629)
Posted by Tekka on November 6th, 2007 @ 2:35am CST
I'm loving that Skywarp on the variant cover, I think I'll make an icon out of it. More Skywarp please, let's make him an exceptional character. :D
Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (443642)
Posted by Stormrider on November 6th, 2007 @ 2:52am CST
I would like to see a preview of Ramjet smashing through a building. :D
Re: IDW Previews: Spotlight Ramjet (443768)
Posted by Marty Rocket on November 6th, 2007 @ 6:22am CST
Like a lot of you, I like the cover a lot. It's too bad that they couldn't make a variant of one of the spotlight issues where the entire art is based from the original cartoon. That'd be pretty cool.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Class Decepticon Starscream New" on EBAY
Buy "2013 SDCC Hasbro Exclusive: TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE Jetfire" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro 2012 Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Soundwave Laserbeak LOOSE" on EBAY
Buy "2007 SDCC Exclusive Transformers Alternators Ford GT Rodimus MISB" on EBAY
Buy "1:24 Chevy Camaro Bumblebee Transformers Model JADA Diecast Toy Vehicle Gift" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE 2013 SDCC JOECON SNAKE EYES!! TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVER!!" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee First Edition 100% Complete Deluxe Prime Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Cliffjumper Deluxe Class RID Autobot Figure" on EBAY