Transformers News: IDW Publishing August 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Beast Wars, RID, G.I. Joe

Wednesday, May 20th, 2015 3:48AM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Company News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 28,624

From everyone's favourite Transformers comics enablers IDW Publishing, we have the next batch of releases due in August 2015 for our Cybertronian friends and beyond. Combiner Wars over, Combiner Hunters done, new RID ongoing continues, MTMTE and TF hold strong - so of course, here are some Beast Wars in the pages of Windblade. Take a look below at all the available covers, and discuss your thoughts in the Energon Pub!

Transformers #44
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a & c)
LOVE AND HATE! Two emotions only inches from each other—and TRACKS and NEEDLENOSE have felt them both. On opposite sides of an eons-long war, what happens when they meet again? And what’s ARCEE up to on CYBERTRON?
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers #44—Subscription Variant
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
The danger level rises on Cybertron, as dangerous new allegiances form!
Arcee vs. Starscream—but not in the way you expect!
Variant Cover by Agnes Garbowska!

Transformers: Windblade #6
Mairghread Scott (w) • Corin Howell (a) • Priscilla Tramontano (c)
BEAST WAR! On EUKARIS, the colonists are more than just robots in disguise—they're whole new breeds of Transformers! But while WINDBLADE and STARSCREAM struggle to gain allies on this brave new world, an ancient power seeks to force them off the planet!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Windblade #6—Subscription Variant
Mairghread Scott (w) • Corin Howell (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Another colony found—but will they be friend or foe?
Fan favorite characters make the comic-book universe debut!
Variant Cover by Agnes Garbowska!

Transformers: Combiner Wars
Mairghread Scott, John Barber (w) • Sarah Stone, Livio Ramondelli (a) • Sarah Stone (c)
The AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS’ uneasy peace is threatened by the flames of war! STARSCREAM—ruler of CYBERTRON—makes contact with WINDBLADE’S home world—and the only defense against a new CYBERTRONIAN EMPIRE are COMBINERS—multiple CYBERTRONIANS forming together into huge, dangerous forms! Collects issues #39–41 of Transformers and the first three issues of Transformers: Windblade–Combiner Wars.
TPB • FC • $19.99 • 152 pages • ISBN: 978-1-63140-386-6

Bullet points:
“[You] can pick up with no prior knowledge of the comics that came before and really get into the series.” — BigGlasgowComicsPage.com

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #44
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a & c)
Navicomp safety mode activated. Please select a reason for deviating from your flight path. Is it (a) accident, (b) necessity, or (c) a gnawing, crippling sense of guilt?
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #44—Subscription Variant
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Nick Roche (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Here’s somebody that knows where all the bodies are buried!
Danger and pathos in the mighty MTMTE tradition!
Variant Cover by Agnes Garbowska!

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Animated #2
Georgia Ball (w) • Priscilla Tramontano (a & c)
ROAD RAGE! While a DECEPTICON called TRANSIT wreaks havoc on afternoon commutes, Team Bee gets an unexpected visit… but will these new rivals combine forces without trusting each other?
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Animated #2—Subscription Variant
Georgia Ball (w) • Priscilla Tramontano (a) • Josh Burcham (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
All-new stories based on the hit animated series!
As promoted on Free Comic Book Day!
Fan-favorite characters who appear only in this comic book!

Transformers vs G.I. JOE #9
Tom Scioli & John Barber (w) • Scioli (a & c)
MADNESS.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers VS G.I. Joe #9—Subscription Variant
Tom Scioli & John Barber (w) • Scioli (a) • David Lafuente (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
TRANSFORMERS!
G.I. JOE!
VERSUS EACH OTHER!
Variant Cover by Ben Marra!

Credit(s): IDW
Re: IDW Publishing August 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Beast Wars, RID, G.I. Joe (1687801)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on May 20th, 2015 @ 4:10am CDT
Re: IDW Publishing August 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Beast Wars, RID, G.I. Joe (1687803)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on May 20th, 2015 @ 4:41am CDT
Part of me really hopes that Tigatron on the Windblade cover.
Re: IDW Publishing August 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Beast Wars, RID, G.I. Joe (1687804)
Posted by Va'al on May 20th, 2015 @ 5:13am CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Ah, sorry Va'al I had seen the solicits on most other tf websites and it was like "this feels too weird to be an oversight, should I do something? "

It's because Va'al sometimes sleeps and works, too. Despite all evidence to the contrary. :P

(This was ready at 6 pm my time on the 19th - But noooooooooooo we need to wait for the BIG sites to cover it first, because EXCLUSIVES. BAH.)
Re: IDW Publishing August 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Beast Wars, RID, G.I. Joe (1687811)
Posted by Coptur on May 20th, 2015 @ 5:49am CDT
yeah that's Tigaton love the direction the Windblade series has taken
Re: IDW Publishing August 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Beast Wars, RID, G.I. Joe (1687831)
Posted by Shuttershock on May 20th, 2015 @ 7:43am CDT
Cool, Tracks gets something to do in an ongoing story!
Re: IDW Publishing August 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Beast Wars, RID, G.I. Joe (1687843)
Posted by Xephon0930 on May 20th, 2015 @ 8:25am CDT
I am hoping we get more Generations Beast Wars figures thanks to this update.

I would love to have the likes of Blackarachnia,Dinobot,Inferno and many others.
Re: IDW Publishing August 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Beast Wars, RID, G.I. Joe (1687875)
Posted by Starsaber468 on May 20th, 2015 @ 9:33am CDT
We are definitely get a repaint of arcee in one of the covers for a mianly black and slightly pink repaint of arcee
Re: IDW Publishing August 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Beast Wars, RID, G.I. Joe (1687886)
Posted by Moonshot on May 20th, 2015 @ 9:46am CDT
This is sweet! Cant wait for some Tracks finally and Needlenose is a pretty cool Decepticon too. I can only hope that we get a new non-combiner figure Tracks now. I dont collect Masterpiece so that Tracks is out and the one from a few years ago just doesnt look good to me. Too fat and I prefer Tracks to be a 70's vette. If not Tracks may be me first MP figure besides Rumble & Buzzsaw. I was hoping that the Beast Wars guys would be a new colony, so this makes me happy to be an IDW Transformers comic fan these days.
Re: IDW Publishing August 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Beast Wars, RID, G.I. Joe (1687900)
Posted by Coptur on May 20th, 2015 @ 10:21am CDT
I'm glad they've made the beast wars world a colony this is the richest Transformers universe ever and i'm happy to be reading it.

I just wish they'd stop killing off characters
Re: IDW Publishing August 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Beast Wars, RID, G.I. Joe (1687946)
Posted by Seibertron on May 20th, 2015 @ 12:21pm CDT
Woo hoo! Beast Wars! Just in time for the 20th anniversary in 2016. Time to start busting out vintage Beast Wars figures to finish up those missing galleries. :D
Re: IDW Publishing August 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Beast Wars, RID, G.I. Joe (1688020)
Posted by Optimizzy on May 20th, 2015 @ 3:39pm CDT
Re: IDW Publishing August 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Beast Wars, RID, G.I. Joe (1688032)
Posted by Seibertron on May 20th, 2015 @ 4:11pm CDT
I'll be interesting to see what they do with Rattrap and Waspinator, and possibly Sky-Byte going forward. Maybe they'll head over to the Beast Colony!
Re: IDW Publishing August 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Beast Wars, RID, G.I. Joe (1688039)
Posted by Shuttershock on May 20th, 2015 @ 4:20pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:I've never been a Beast Wars fan really. I dont dislike it, I just never got into it. Them being introduced like this has me stoked. I'll probably regret not getting Rhinox now :(

Hmm, there's a thought. What DID happen to Rhinox after he met Trion, Nova and Galvatron?
Re: IDW Publishing August 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Beast Wars, RID, G.I. Joe (1688273)
Posted by Cyberpath on May 21st, 2015 @ 2:11am CDT

MP-10!

Does Optimus Prime look like this in the comic now?
Re: IDW Publishing August 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Beast Wars, RID, G.I. Joe (1688542)
Posted by MrBlack on May 21st, 2015 @ 4:43pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/11255794_10153264946853279_6954010089608741231_n.jpg?oh=54a02b8f731fb07cbeff47650e132858&oe=55CD9F58

MP-10!

Does Optimus Prime look like this in the comic now?

Nope. He looks like an amalgamation of his Combiner Wars Voyager toy and this:

Re: IDW Publishing August 2015 Transformers Comics Solicitations: Beast Wars, RID, G.I. Joe (1688752)
Posted by Cyberpath on May 22nd, 2015 @ 2:33am CDT
MrBlack wrote:

MP-10!

Does Optimus Prime look like this in the comic now?

Nope. He looks like an amalgamation of his Combiner Wars Voyager toy and this:

Aw. Comics still use random covers I see.

Thanks!

Ending Soon On eBay

transformers DOTM ultimate optimus prime oversized weapons lot parts - Time Remaining: 8 days 4 hours 12 minutes 33 seconds
TRANSFORMERS - CONSTRUCT-BOTS - DECEPTICON DRAGSTRIP - By HASBRO From 2013 - NEW - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 19 minutes 8 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Universe Titanium Series - Optimus Prime 2008 - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 19 minutes 39 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 20 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Barricade DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 1 day 11 hours 21 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Berserker DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 22 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Dinobot Slash DLX Class NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 22 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime Complete - Time Remaining: 26 days 5 hours 23 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017