IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY

Transformers News: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY

Wednesday, January 18th, 2012 1:13PM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,146

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Image


IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY

12-Issue digital-exclusive series comes to iPad, iPhone, Android and the Web courtesy of writers Chris Metzen & Flint Dille


Image

San Diego, CA (January 18, 2012) – IDW Publishing proudly announces a new digital comics event five million years in the making: TRANSFORMERS: Autocracy. Released exclusively on digital platforms, this 12-part series will be released on multiple digital platforms as 8-page chapters every two weeks starting January 18th and running through June. Each episode will be priced at 99¢.

TRANSFORMERS: Autocracy has ties to the two new TRANSFORMERS comics series based on the iconic TRANSFORMERS brand from Hasbro and launching this month, Robots in Disguise and More Than Meets the Eye. “Those series look to the future,” said IDW Senior Editor John Barber, “but they have strong ties to the past. And Autocracy fills in some of the gaps in that past by telling one of the most important stories to ever appear in TRANSFORMERS comics.”

Before OPTIMUS became a PRIME... he fought for order. Before MEGATRON became a conqueror... he fought for freedom. Before they were enemies... they stood against — AUTOCRACY.

Autocracy features the stunning TRANSFORMERS writing debut of Chris Metzen – SVP, Story and Franchise Development at Blizzard Entertainment and one of the main creative minds behind the company’s Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® universes. Metzen is joined by co-writer Flint Dille, a fan-favorite for his work on the original TRANSFORMERS animated series.

“This project is a dream come true for me,” said Metzen. “I’ve loved the TRANSFORMERS brand all my life – and the chance to take these characters for a drive with my good friend Flint has been an incredible privilege. But I think it’s Livio Ramondelli’s gritty, cinematic vision that really brings this story to life.”

Artist Livio Ramondelli came to fans’ attention last year with the world-shattering TRANSFORMERS: Chaos series. “I feel beyond thankful to be a part of this project,” said Ramondelli. “These two have written a truly epic TRANSFORMERS story for the ages. I can’t say enough good things about Chris Metzen, and we should all feel lucky that Flint Dille is returning to TRANSFORMERS.”

“IDW is very excited to launch this digital-exclusive series,” said IDW CEO and Publisher Ted Adams. “The TRANSFORMERS brand has a broad international fan-base, this series will continue to increase the comics audience.” The Autocracy series will help bring these new readers to comic shops, by including a page featuring the Comic Shop Locator service and best-selling TRANSFORMERS collections and comics.

Autocracy can be found in IDW’s Apple iPad™, iPhone® and iPod touch®, apps – Transformers Comics and IDW Comics, and on the Web at read.idwpublishing.com. The series is also featured in the Comics by comiXology platform for iOS, Android, Web and Kindle Fire, and Comics + by iVerse.

About IDW Publishing
IDW is an award-winning publisher of comic books, graphic novels and trade paperbacks, based in San Diego, California. Renowned for its diverse catalog of licensed and independent titles, IDW publishes some of the most successful and popular titles in the industry, including: Hasbro's The TRANSFORMERS and G.I. JOE, Paramount's Star Trek; HBO’s True Blood; the BBC's Doctor Who; Toho’s Godzilla and comics and trade collections based on novels by worldwide bestselling author, James Patterson. IDW is also home to the Library of American Comics imprint, which publishes classic comic reprints; Yoe! Books, a partnership with Yoe! Studio.
IDW's original horror series, 30 Days of Night, was launched as a major motion picture in October 2007 by Sony Pictures and was the #1 film in its first week of release. More information about the company can be found at IDWPublishing.com.
As a recognized leader in digital comics, IDW’s digital partners include: comiXology, iVerse Media, Graphicly, Cryptozoic Comics, Panelfly, Digital Manga, Diamond Digital, NEC, Zero Sum and Smart Ebooks. The IDW digital line is available worldwide on top platforms including: Apple iOS apps and iBooks, Android apps, Barnes & Noble Nook, Amazon Kindle, Kobo Vox, Sony PSP, Nokia and RIM BlackBerry.
More information about the company can be found at IDWPublishing.com.

About Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft® and the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (http://www.blizzard.com), a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating some of the industry’s most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard Entertainment’s track record includes thirteen #1-selling games and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company’s online-gaming service, Battle.net®, is one of the largest in the world, with millions of active players.

About Hasbro
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company’s world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, video games and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its customers through the strategic leveraging of well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Hub, Hasbro’s multi-platform joint venture with Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) launched on October 10, 2010. The online home of The Hub is http://www.hubworld.com. The Hub logo and name are trademarks of Hub Television Networks, LLC. All rights reserved. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com. © 2012 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Apple, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.

###
Credit(s): IDW Publishing
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1335289)
Posted by F Prime on January 18th, 2012 @ 1:36pm CST
robotmel wrote:
craggy wrote:
no you get to permanently rent the comic to view online whenever you choose. you're given nothing that you can save.


Oh, thats a bit of a disapointment, do you (or anyone) think it would still be possible to 'save picture as' whilst viewing it online or would IDW lock that option off?
It's like buying an mp3 from your favourite music website, you have a digital copy on your HDD to do with what you please, so why not this also? :-?


On an iPad you can do a screen cap (press and hold home, push and release sleep, release home). These images show up in your photo roll so you can email and print them. The image shows up nearly comic-sized as-is.

You can make them PDF files and combine (and save) or print the individual images. It is a bit of work, but the comics are short and if it is what someone wants to do more power to them.
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1335294)
Posted by Chaoslock on January 18th, 2012 @ 1:51pm CST
I've read it, and I don't like it. The autobots are more like their Shattered Glass selves, with Ironhide suggesting that everyone who doesn't stand up with the autobots should be lined up and be shot down; and later, Optimus punches the hell out of Swindle. The story is ridiculous at some points - don't shoot the guy who just detonated a lot of houses, because we have an arms dealer now, and we want to show we changed in a few seconds. Just NO.

The art is even darker, while the style reminds me of Pat Lee - how the hell can Prime see of his bust in the cover picture???

So, all in all, for those who can't read it, they don't miss much.
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1335331)
Posted by thedriod on January 18th, 2012 @ 2:47pm CST
I read it and liked it. Personally I see this has alot of potential, and that is why I
Like it. I felt that pax's charecter may be an inverted prime, and that in time our autobot heros will accept the call for atrocity.

Keep in mind that its the first issue and save your hope for better issues in the series.
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1335340)
Posted by Burn on January 18th, 2012 @ 3:02pm CST
Well it was better than MTMTE #1.

But all it really did was make me believe in the Decepticon cause more.
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1335438)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 18th, 2012 @ 6:34pm CST
Okay, will the grimmification of the good guys please stop? I'm tired of the friggin' Decepticons sometimes coming off better than the Autobots!
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1335455)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 18th, 2012 @ 6:59pm CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay, will the grimmification of the good guys please stop? I'm tired of the friggin' Decepticons sometimes coming off better than the Autobots!
This makes me wanna start listing all the times the story got uber dark, gritty, and edgy like this.

Let's see, G2 comics, Beast Machines, War Within comics, Keepers Trilogy, first arc of Kiss Players, All Hail Megatron comics, Bay Movies, Prime cartoon... any others?
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1335550)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on January 19th, 2012 @ 1:35am CST
Since Bay's movies it seems like the Autobots :BOT: have been acting like cons ,i guess it's the whole "Shoot them up games " generation . I am not surprised that Flint Dille is the writer ,since he writes for those type of games " The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, and Dead to Rights " .You would think that any one involved with the Transformers :BOT: :CON: would remember what he did to G1 season three .There should be a law ,not to let him write for the bots .But the art does look great .
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1335563)
Posted by iaconportland on January 19th, 2012 @ 3:44am CST
Sorry, if Flint Dille is involved, count me out. I still haven't forgiven him for killing Optimus Prime in 1986.

Okay, I kid - this looks great...hopefully I'll be able to grab it.
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1336007)
Posted by DTR69 on January 20th, 2012 @ 7:07am CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay, will the grimmification of the good guys please stop? I'm tired of the friggin' Decepticons sometimes coming off better than the Autobots!


Exactly, it's there way of being different but it goes deeper than that. On the outside it's trying to look like they are diverting from the tetx book goodies Vs Baddies, and actually being fair and looking at both sides of the coin. And this is kool in some respects as baddies don't neciserily think they are bad, they think that they are the good guys, it's that one side has a twisted sense of morality, it's stupid when baddies are portrayed as being bad for the sake of being bad, they have a cause too. But this is were it gets gay. Am I the only person her ewho thinks that it is trying to reflect reality and current affairs.
The simpsons movie and Avatar are all Hollywoods way of saying we understand the world and it's plight and we all have to be better people, please forgive us mother nature we did not know what we we were doing. The same goes here, this is trying to say we understand the Iraqi civillians and we understand the taliban, and we are the goodd guys but we have treated the civilians bad and hurt inocent people, but it's our leaders that are bad and ignorant, but we stand here with open arms and want to change, please teach us we can learn so much from you. It's away of looking humble and showing that we all do bad things.
This is not a bad thing as it is true to real life, I just don'tlike the fact it's done in a hidden way and packaged in Transformers. My othe rargument is that, I'm tired of transformers behaving like humans, even Bays formers had some behavioral differences, but thios is too much like us. Like in the animate dmovie when Unicron eats the planet and all the alien robots are at a bar. War is about exploitation, in the G1 cartoon the Decepticons coild fly and that was there evolvement which gave them power an dthe sense that they were different. The transforming aspect needs to be explored more such as, supremacy over non transforming robots. Morality needs to be explored, transformers can be repaired to a certain extent, so an injury is moire of an inconvieniance than an act of brutality. I want to be able to read this without pictures and know that I am reading a story about transforming robots, I don't want a story that could be written for any thing. Apart from the stale lesson in understanding which, will be arounf for a while longer, until that is too cliche and we wil go back to baddies eating puppies again.
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1336014)
Posted by Delicon on January 20th, 2012 @ 7:34am CST
iaconportland wrote:Sorry, if Flint Dille is involved, count me out. I still haven't forgiven him for killing Optimus Prime in 1986.

Okay, I kid - this looks great...hopefully I'll be able to grab it.


I know you were joking, but Flint is actually one of the coolest guys associated with the old G1 stuff in that he actually does still care about and follow with the opinions of TF fans. He's actually stated on his Facebook page that he's treating this as a work in progress and fan input will definitely have an impact on much of the story arc.
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1336027)
Posted by Chaoslock on January 20th, 2012 @ 8:31am CST
DTR69 wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay, will the grimmification of the good guys please stop? I'm tired of the friggin' Decepticons sometimes coming off better than the Autobots!


Exactly, it's there way of being different but it goes deeper than that. On the outside it's trying to look like they are diverting from the tetx book goodies Vs Baddies, and actually being fair and looking at both sides of the coin. And this is kool in some respects as baddies don't neciserily think they are bad, they think that they are the good guys, it's that one side has a twisted sense of morality, it's stupid when baddies are portrayed as being bad for the sake of being bad, they have a cause too. But this is were it gets gay. Am I the only person her ewho thinks that it is trying to reflect reality and current affairs.
The simpsons movie and Avatar are all Hollywoods way of saying we understand the world and it's plight and we all have to be better people, please forgive us mother nature we did not know what we we were doing. The same goes here, this is trying to say we understand the Iraqi civillians and we understand the taliban, and we are the goodd guys but we have treated the civilians bad and hurt inocent people, but it's our leaders that are bad and ignorant, but we stand here with open arms and want to change, please teach us we can learn so much from you. It's away of looking humble and showing that we all do bad things.
This is not a bad thing as it is true to real life, I just don'tlike the fact it's done in a hidden way and packaged in Transformers. My othe rargument is that, I'm tired of transformers behaving like humans, even Bays formers had some behavioral differences, but thios is too much like us. Like in the animate dmovie when Unicron eats the planet and all the alien robots are at a bar. War is about exploitation, in the G1 cartoon the Decepticons coild fly and that was there evolvement which gave them power an dthe sense that they were different. The transforming aspect needs to be explored more such as, supremacy over non transforming robots. Morality needs to be explored, transformers can be repaired to a certain extent, so an injury is moire of an inconvieniance than an act of brutality. I want to be able to read this without pictures and know that I am reading a story about transforming robots, I don't want a story that could be written for any thing. Apart from the stale lesson in understanding which, will be arounf for a while longer, until that is too cliche and we wil go back to baddies eating puppies again.


I think you are reading too much out of this, this isn't a taliban-iraqi "lesson" - otherwise, I agree with your post, I too hate those stories that can be put as a cover over every- and anything - and the first issue was really just like that. "We are the good guys, who doesn't stand with us, stand against us, and all our deeds are justified" - Meh.
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1336055)
Posted by DTR69 on January 20th, 2012 @ 9:42am CST
Chaoslock wrote:
DTR69 wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay, will the grimmification of the good guys please stop? I'm tired of the friggin' Decepticons sometimes coming off better than the Autobots!


Exactly, it's there way of being different but it goes deeper than that. On the outside it's trying to look like they are diverting from the tetx book goodies Vs Baddies, and actually being fair and looking at both sides of the coin. And this is kool in some respects as baddies don't neciserily think they are bad, they think that they are the good guys, it's that one side has a twisted sense of morality, it's stupid when baddies are portrayed as being bad for the sake of being bad, they have a cause too. But this is were it gets gay. Am I the only person her ewho thinks that it is trying to reflect reality and current affairs.
The simpsons movie and Avatar are all Hollywoods way of saying we understand the world and it's plight and we all have to be better people, please forgive us mother nature we did not know what we we were doing. The same goes here, this is trying to say we understand the Iraqi civillians and we understand the taliban, and we are the goodd guys but we have treated the civilians bad and hurt inocent people, but it's our leaders that are bad and ignorant, but we stand here with open arms and want to change, please teach us we can learn so much from you. It's away of looking humble and showing that we all do bad things.
This is not a bad thing as it is true to real life, I just don'tlike the fact it's done in a hidden way and packaged in Transformers. My othe rargument is that, I'm tired of transformers behaving like humans, even Bays formers had some behavioral differences, but thios is too much like us. Like in the animate dmovie when Unicron eats the planet and all the alien robots are at a bar. War is about exploitation, in the G1 cartoon the Decepticons coild fly and that was there evolvement which gave them power an dthe sense that they were different. The transforming aspect needs to be explored more such as, supremacy over non transforming robots. Morality needs to be explored, transformers can be repaired to a certain extent, so an injury is moire of an inconvieniance than an act of brutality. I want to be able to read this without pictures and know that I am reading a story about transforming robots, I don't want a story that could be written for any thing. Apart from the stale lesson in understanding which, will be arounf for a while longer, until that is too cliche and we wil go back to baddies eating puppies again.


I think you are reading too much out of this, this isn't a taliban-iraqi "lesson" - otherwise, I agree with your post, I too hate those stories that can be put as a cover over every- and anything - and the first issue was really just like that. "We are the good guys, who doesn't stand with us, stand against us, and all our deeds are justified" - Meh.


Was just using Iraq as an example, most of our wars are the same, but it's the same moralistic humble high ground. But my main point is that, not only are they aliens but they are transforming robots, but there behaviour is too similar to humans, and westernised humans at that. SUrely there must be some areas that would be different, and it would be alot of fun to explore that, and war is about exploitation, and the evolvement of power. One side feels they have evolved in a more superior way and that they are better, or like dictators they have been gven power and us ethat to exploit those that provide that power. There are many variations but the point is that someone is exploiting someone else, it's those variations that should be outline din this story and the variation should be something specific to the transformer race. Even the way they talk is just too human. Anothe rthing that always puzzles me is the batman utility belt situation, there always seems to be a transformer who has a unique ability that others don't have a the right miment. WHy can only one transformer smell. These arer robots, so why can;t they all be uograded with that feature.
WHy do transformers transform, it's a drastic rac trait to have been given or evolve, so why doesn;t it play a greater roll. I think it's such a deal breakker, and I find it hard to understand why it is hard for game developers to make it essential to transform in games, even fighting I can see it so useful, to be able to drive into an enemy then transform and start layoing into them all in one move, but even in wfc it seems liek an after thought. WHy aren't there alt modes more war friendly, remeber when soundwave transforms into street furniture, yes a boring alt mode, but thats useful in a war.
From the outsid ethis looks to be a matur gritty story with alot of promise and going straight for the jugular, but it still lacks the point of what it is to be a transformer. All life is form follows function and if hey are making them life like as possible, they need to follow there function which is transforming robot snot human beings. It's like old Marvel comics when the illustrators drew the hands like humans as it was easy to draw what they knew, and the same goes here for the writers, they are writing a great story becuas ethe subject matter is base don what they know, ot's time they looked at the subjetc matter and take a reall risk and write about what they don't know, they can;t research it, bit hey can look at how, morals differ across the globe, and how animals conduct there lives and how the difference in form and function dictates there morals an dbehaviour, even location plays a big part, so does situation, a lack of food energy or whatever, makes people act different ly, but different types of people act differently in those situations, so surely a robot race would also have differences. Yes they are showing prime not to be perfect, but I want to see something different than what is hown in human stories. I hat eBay films, but there's that moment when ironhode wants to shoot spikes dog, as he doesn't understand the human and og relationship, he thinks its just like a rat, that is what I'm talking about, I don't want to see robots in a bar drinking oil, I don;t want to see a non gender race, having fembots with robot titties, I want to see things I have never seen before, maybe they do drink oil socialy, but not in a bar eating energon goodies.
Yes this id different but not different enough, and differnt for the sake of different is not different it's actually the norm nowdays. If this is the best they can do then I'll accept ti, as it's nice to see a mature approach and it's a step in the right direction, and teh detah of prime, was a sign that they are willing to take things further, and it shows that G1 is not just a story to be recycled, it is actually alive and kicking, mores o than when it wa sin it's hayday.
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1336133)
Posted by Delicon on January 20th, 2012 @ 12:15pm CST
DTR69 wrote:
Chaoslock wrote:
DTR69 wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay, will the grimmification of the good guys please stop? I'm tired of the friggin' Decepticons sometimes coming off better than the Autobots!


Exactly, it's there way of being different but it goes deeper than that. On the outside it's trying to look like they are diverting from the tetx book goodies Vs Baddies, and actually being fair and looking at both sides of the coin. And this is kool in some respects as baddies don't neciserily think they are bad, they think that they are the good guys, it's that one side has a twisted sense of morality, it's stupid when baddies are portrayed as being bad for the sake of being bad, they have a cause too. But this is were it gets gay. Am I the only person her ewho thinks that it is trying to reflect reality and current affairs.
The simpsons movie and Avatar are all Hollywoods way of saying we understand the world and it's plight and we all have to be better people, please forgive us mother nature we did not know what we we were doing. The same goes here, this is trying to say we understand the Iraqi civillians and we understand the taliban, and we are the goodd guys but we have treated the civilians bad and hurt inocent people, but it's our leaders that are bad and ignorant, but we stand here with open arms and want to change, please teach us we can learn so much from you. It's away of looking humble and showing that we all do bad things.
This is not a bad thing as it is true to real life, I just don'tlike the fact it's done in a hidden way and packaged in Transformers. My othe rargument is that, I'm tired of transformers behaving like humans, even Bays formers had some behavioral differences, but thios is too much like us. Like in the animate dmovie when Unicron eats the planet and all the alien robots are at a bar. War is about exploitation, in the G1 cartoon the Decepticons coild fly and that was there evolvement which gave them power an dthe sense that they were different. The transforming aspect needs to be explored more such as, supremacy over non transforming robots. Morality needs to be explored, transformers can be repaired to a certain extent, so an injury is moire of an inconvieniance than an act of brutality. I want to be able to read this without pictures and know that I am reading a story about transforming robots, I don't want a story that could be written for any thing. Apart from the stale lesson in understanding which, will be arounf for a while longer, until that is too cliche and we wil go back to baddies eating puppies again.


I think you are reading too much out of this, this isn't a taliban-iraqi "lesson" - otherwise, I agree with your post, I too hate those stories that can be put as a cover over every- and anything - and the first issue was really just like that. "We are the good guys, who doesn't stand with us, stand against us, and all our deeds are justified" - Meh.


Was just using Iraq as an example, most of our wars are the same, but it's the same moralistic humble high ground. But my main point is that, not only are they aliens but they are transforming robots, but there behaviour is too similar to humans, and westernised humans at that. SUrely there must be some areas that would be different, and it would be alot of fun to explore that, and war is about exploitation, and the evolvement of power. One side feels they have evolved in a more superior way and that they are better, or like dictators they have been gven power and us ethat to exploit those that provide that power. There are many variations but the point is that someone is exploiting someone else, it's those variations that should be outline din this story and the variation should be something specific to the transformer race. Even the way they talk is just too human. Anothe rthing that always puzzles me is the batman utility belt situation, there always seems to be a transformer who has a unique ability that others don't have a the right miment. WHy can only one transformer smell. These arer robots, so why can;t they all be uograded with that feature.
WHy do transformers transform, it's a drastic rac trait to have been given or evolve, so why doesn;t it play a greater roll. I think it's such a deal breakker, and I find it hard to understand why it is hard for game developers to make it essential to transform in games, even fighting I can see it so useful, to be able to drive into an enemy then transform and start layoing into them all in one move, but even in wfc it seems liek an after thought. WHy aren't there alt modes more war friendly, remeber when soundwave transforms into street furniture, yes a boring alt mode, but thats useful in a war.
From the outsid ethis looks to be a matur gritty story with alot of promise and going straight for the jugular, but it still lacks the point of what it is to be a transformer. All life is form follows function and if hey are making them life like as possible, they need to follow there function which is transforming robot snot human beings. It's like old Marvel comics when the illustrators drew the hands like humans as it was easy to draw what they knew, and the same goes here for the writers, they are writing a great story becuas ethe subject matter is base don what they know, ot's time they looked at the subjetc matter and take a reall risk and write about what they don't know, they can;t research it, bit hey can look at how, morals differ across the globe, and how animals conduct there lives and how the difference in form and function dictates there morals an dbehaviour, even location plays a big part, so does situation, a lack of food energy or whatever, makes people act different ly, but different types of people act differently in those situations, so surely a robot race would also have differences. Yes they are showing prime not to be perfect, but I want to see something different than what is hown in human stories. I hat eBay films, but there's that moment when ironhode wants to shoot spikes dog, as he doesn't understand the human and og relationship, he thinks its just like a rat, that is what I'm talking about, I don't want to see robots in a bar drinking oil, I don;t want to see a non gender race, having fembots with robot titties, I want to see things I have never seen before, maybe they do drink oil socialy, but not in a bar eating energon goodies.
Yes this id different but not different enough, and differnt for the sake of different is not different it's actually the norm nowdays. If this is the best they can do then I'll accept ti, as it's nice to see a mature approach and it's a step in the right direction, and teh detah of prime, was a sign that they are willing to take things further, and it shows that G1 is not just a story to be recycled, it is actually alive and kicking, mores o than when it wa sin it's hayday.


I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you aren't using Google Chrome. You may want to look into that, my friend. ;)
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1336313)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 20th, 2012 @ 6:52pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay, will the grimmification of the good guys please stop? I'm tired of the friggin' Decepticons sometimes coming off better than the Autobots!
This makes me wanna start listing all the times the story got uber dark, gritty, and edgy like this.

Let's see, G2 comics, Beast Machines, War Within comics, Keepers Trilogy, first arc of Kiss Players, All Hail Megatron comics, Bay Movies, Prime cartoon... any others?

And... I either didn't like most of those or don't really care about them too much.
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1336328)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 20th, 2012 @ 7:20pm CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay, will the grimmification of the good guys please stop? I'm tired of the friggin' Decepticons sometimes coming off better than the Autobots!
This makes me wanna start listing all the times the story got uber dark, gritty, and edgy like this.

Let's see, G2 comics, Beast Machines, War Within comics, Keepers Trilogy, first arc of Kiss Players, All Hail Megatron comics, Bay Movies, Prime cartoon... any others?

And... I either didn't like most of those or don't really care about them too much.
Like I've said in the past, thank goodness for Rescue Bots. :D
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1337127)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 22nd, 2012 @ 6:35pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay, will the grimmification of the good guys please stop? I'm tired of the friggin' Decepticons sometimes coming off better than the Autobots!
This makes me wanna start listing all the times the story got uber dark, gritty, and edgy like this.

Let's see, G2 comics, Beast Machines, War Within comics, Keepers Trilogy, first arc of Kiss Players, All Hail Megatron comics, Bay Movies, Prime cartoon... any others?

And... I either didn't like most of those or don't really care about them too much.
Like I've said in the past, thank goodness for Rescue Bots. :D

I don't need it that simple, but I also am rather sick to death of heroes acting more the villains than the actual villains.
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1337224)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 23rd, 2012 @ 1:12am CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I don't need it that simple, but I also am rather sick to death of heroes acting more the villains than the actual villains.
Dude, Rescue Bots is brilliant! Two episodes in and it's hooked me in. :D
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1337516)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 23rd, 2012 @ 6:35pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I don't need it that simple, but I also am rather sick to death of heroes acting more the villains than the actual villains.
Dude, Rescue Bots is brilliant! Two episodes in and it's hooked me in. :D


Legit question. Are you serious? My interest might be... piqued.
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1337538)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 23rd, 2012 @ 8:06pm CST
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I don't need it that simple, but I also am rather sick to death of heroes acting more the villains than the actual villains.
Dude, Rescue Bots is brilliant! Two episodes in and it's hooked me in. :D


Legit question. Are you serious? My interest might be... piqued.
You haven't seen it yet? Dude, this show is SMART! It treats the audience with loads of respect, never talking down to us at all. It exceeded all my expectation by a landslide.

In my honest opinion, it accomplished more in just two episodes than Darkness Rising did in five. And, many others have openly stated that those two episodes alone featured more characterization than Prime did in its entire 26-episode first season.

And, this is just me, but it probably has the most unique and creative theme song of any Transformers series, being the very first lyrical TF theme song to not even have the word "Transformers" in it.

I plan to give a full fledged review of its first two episodes at some point, though I have already done informal reviews of them back when they aired.
Re: IDW Publishing Launches First-Ever Digital-Only TRANSFORMERS Comic Series, AUTOCRACY (1337660)
Posted by MYoung23 on January 24th, 2012 @ 7:52am CST
I've read Autocracy and I liked it.

It continues the theme laid down in Megatron Origins that Megatron had a good reason to start an uprising. Autocracy draws a lot of parallels to situations of today. The Autobots of that time, well many of them, most likely did't see the government as bad and were just enforcing the rule of law. So when you have this uprising that turns into a war what is going to be their perspective?

It's the whole one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter notion. We see it in Israel and we saw another dynamic of it in Iraq where US forces in their effort to root out insurgents wound up harming the civilians they were supposed to be protecting and therefore turned more against them with their tactics.

Even though we know now that Megatron's cause was quickly corrupted by his psychopathic nature and megalomania the beginnings of it all weren't black and white.

I'm intrigued by the direction of Autocracy.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 02 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Decepticon Stinger" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Mirage Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Class Metroplex with Autobot Scamper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
Twincast / Podcast #221:
"Appliance Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "KRE-O Transformers Custom Kreon Series1 DECEPTICON MEGATRON/STARSCREAM/SOUNDWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "Kre-o transformers 31145 Mirage brand new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Soundwave Starscream Ravage Laserbeak NIP" on EBAY
Buy "G2 Rapido Sticker Sheet Vintage Transformers Hasbro Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Convention Exclusive Maestro MTRM-09GII G2 Jazz TFCon 18 Maketoys" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Rattrap Maximal Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Optimus Prime TRU Voyage Streetside Bot Brawl DOTM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Generations - Junkheap Autobot" on EBAY