IDW Publishing Press Release on Transformers Nefarious

IDW Publishing Press Release on Transformers Nefarious

Wednesday, January 13th, 2010 6:55pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Press Releases
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 26,100

Movieverse fans will be getting more robot action in a few months with the upcoming release of the six issue story arc Transformers Nefarious.

Written by veteran Transformers scribe Simon Furman with art talents being provided by Carlos Magno, Nefarious is boasting a recipe for instant success. IDW Publishing's Transformers Editor Andy Schmidt had this to say about the duo and the next arc in the movieverse storyline:

"It's time to move forward in the movie-verse and Furman and Magno are just the creators to do it. Simon came up with a great idea and a fantastic story that Carlos is just hitting out of the park. I'm thrilled to be along for the ride and I'm sure fans will be too!"

Transformers Nefarious #1 is due to hit store shelves in March of 2010. You can view the full details and press release by clicking here.

Credit(s): IDW Publishing

This article was last modified on Wednesday, January 13th, 2010 7:00pm CST

Re: IDW Publishing Press Release on Transformers Nefarious (1036749)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on January 13th, 2010 @ 7:16pm CST
Sounds interesting, anything Movie-verse is cool with me.
I like that they brought back Ravage...I wonder what the chances of good old Scorponok coming back are(probably less than zero...).
Re: IDW Publishing Press Release on Transformers Nefarious (1036756)
Posted by First Gen on January 13th, 2010 @ 7:47pm CST
zenosaurus_x wrote:Sounds interesting, anything Movie-verse is cool with me.

The best thing about this is Simon Furman, IMHO. I read the ROTF movie adaptation he did, and I liked his book worlds better than the film's sequence of events. Subtle little differences between the two made a huge difference.
Re: IDW Publishing Press Release on Transformers Nefarious (1036761)
Posted by JazZeke on January 13th, 2010 @ 8:02pm CST
Re: IDW Publishing Press Release on Transformers Nefarious (1036795)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on January 13th, 2010 @ 11:31pm CST
First Gen wrote:
zenosaurus_x wrote:Sounds interesting, anything Movie-verse is cool with me.

I liked his book world as well. The continuity was close enough to the plot of the film (via early drafts of film outline) for my taste and while I enjoy the films there are elements left out in the comics that make for a better read, IMHO. His material in Titan Magazines' transformers mag is pretty fun as well and worth checking out, reprinted and collected by IDW as "Saga of the Allspark".

JazZeke wrote:After that worthless ripoff, Tales of The Fallen: Ravage, used to set us up for Nefarious, I'm passing.

Ripoff? Worthless?
Not sure what it's ripping off in your opinion but we have to read nefarious to determine it's worth. I'm looking forward to it. I like the movieverse and I love comics!
Re: IDW Publishing Press Release on Transformers Nefarious (1036806)
Posted by JazZeke on January 14th, 2010 @ 12:02am CST
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:

Ripoff? Worthless?

You misunderstand me. Tales of The Fallen issue 5 was billed as a story centered around Ravage, with an "oh yeah, and this also sets the seeds for Nefarious" comment thrown in from Furman's blog.

It had Ravage all right, but no story. The entire comic was just one huge chase sequence, no characterization, no plot, hardly even a noticeable climax. Just... chasing. And the question "Who brought Ravage back to life?" It was a complete waste of four dollars and the first time I've ever read a comic and wanted a refund.

So like heck am I going to sink money into Nefarious after that craptastic "prologue" I was tricked into buying.
Re: IDW Publishing Press Release on Transformers Nefarious (1036845)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on January 14th, 2010 @ 3:30am CST
JazZeke wrote:
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:

Ripoff? Worthless?

i apologize. i admit i did misunderstand you. i just read through TotF:Ravage again and enjoyed it, as you said it was a big chase sequence, but i have more questions. What was the reason for locating and stealing the Kitchenbots? Was their purpose to sustain ravage in the event that he should become incapasitated again? Why would they plan for that? Who are those guys anyway? Looking forward to more Soundwave to come, i like his cold dialogue, and as i read it he seems to really care for his cassettes...missiles
Re: IDW Publishing Press Release on Transformers Nefarious (1036921)
Posted by JazZeke on January 14th, 2010 @ 12:55pm CST
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:
JazZeke wrote:
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:

Ripoff? Worthless?

Nothing to apologize for, it was a fair enough misunderstanding. I can see why some people would like this comic, I just personally feel that with the kind of money I spend on an issue I should expect a little more substance in a comic. These questions could have easily been put forward in a single page, two at the most, of the first issue of Nefarious (and probably will for the people who didn't get the Ravage comic). It was a single scene drawn out to a ludicrous stretch, giving us an empty, vapid four dollar comic.
Re: IDW Publishing Press Release on Transformers Nefarious (1036998)
Posted by cybercat on January 14th, 2010 @ 5:51pm CST

And honestly, even as a 'tease' it is !Fail. Sorry, but I have no curiosity as to who is controlling Ravage. Perhaps if there had been even the slightest bit of a story *arc* to that issue, it might have built some of my interest, but it was...blah, until the very last line, and by then I was just too annoyed to care.

And despite being a total idiot for comics, I am really thinking of NOT shelling out my money for Nefarious. Simon Furman's writing has been moribund for years. And if Ravage was supposed to be a sample of the quality we'll get in Nefarious, color me unimpressed.

HK, crabby.
Re: IDW Publishing Press Release on Transformers Nefarious (1037013)
Posted by JazZeke on January 14th, 2010 @ 7:17pm CST
hellkitty wrote:I'm with JazZeke on this one. The Tales were supposed to be one shots that stood as independent story arcs, and not a serial pub. Inserting basically a 'teaser' story like the Ravage one as 'free advertising' for Nefarious leaves a pretty bad taste in my mouth, to be honest. And I'm an idiot for comics.

HK, crabby.

Thank you, you pretty much summed up my feelings in the way I was trying to.

Have you considered registering onto the IDW boards? We have better chances of getting our voices heard over there.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Beast Hunter Optimus Prime Sealed, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "1986 ChromeDome Headmaster Transformers Action Figure G1 with box, instructions." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Wheel Jack and Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO KINGDOM * RHINOX * TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON VOYAGER CLASS!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher & Grax Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Highbrow Complete Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron trilogy Rodimus prime  -BOX ONLY-" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage GO BOTS ROAD RANGER OPTIMUS PRIME Bandai 1983 TRANSFORMERS" on EBAY