IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview

Tuesday, February 17th, 2015 8:32am CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 28,316

iTunes has released a full preview of IDW Publishing's Transformers #38 - and you can check it out below! Make sure to head back here for a Seibertron.com review, too.

Transformers #38
(W) John Barber (A) Andrew Griffith (CA) Casey W. Coller
THE ONYX INTERFACE! The AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS face down human forces-and strange battlelines make for strange allies. Who will emerge with the ancient ENIGMA OF COMBINATION... and who will usher in the COMBINER WAR...?
Expected Release: Feb 25, 2015
Publisher: IDW Publishing
Seller: Idea and Design Works, LLC
Print Length: 27 Pages
Language: English

Transformers News: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Full Preview

Credit(s): itunes

This article was last modified on Tuesday, February 17th, 2015 9:54am CST

Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1652418)
Posted by steve2275 on February 17th, 2015 @ 8:40am CST
preview dont mean bot if my comic shop cant get it
Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1652419)
Posted by william-james88 on February 17th, 2015 @ 8:41am CST
steve2275 wrote:preview dont mean bot if my comic shop cant get it

You can always get it on itunes ;)
Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1652429)
Posted by steve2275 on February 17th, 2015 @ 9:13am CST
i cant hold i tunes in my hands
Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1652432)
Posted by william-james88 on February 17th, 2015 @ 9:21am CST
steve2275 wrote:i cant hold i tunes in my hands

I just meant that we now have the technology to not be blockd by obstacles when wanting to read comics. They will still get int the way of us reading them our preffered way though. I myself preffer paper copies but if the price of online comics were cheaper, as well as their digital readers, then I would make the jump.
Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1652438)
Posted by ScottyP on February 17th, 2015 @ 9:40am CST
william-james88 wrote:
steve2275 wrote:preview dont mean bot if my comic shop cant get it

You can always get it on itunes ;)

They will delay the digital releases to coincide with the physical releases. Otherwise the paper distributors would be madder than a Geewunner being forced to watch Dark of the Moon.
Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1652455)
Posted by Randomhero on February 17th, 2015 @ 10:53am CST
ScottyP wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
steve2275 wrote:preview dont mean bot if my comic shop cant get it

You can always get it on itunes ;)

Not always. Last months delays meant nothing in iBooks. I got all my books on they're original release date. Ibooks sometimes even jumps the gun and puts them out early. I've gotten 3 issues of MTMTE three weeks early before.

I haven't picked up a physical issue in 2 years now. Everything is on my iPad or iPhone. Not because I don't like physical media but because I own too many comics and needed to start thinking smart with it. Still get trades though.
Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1652481)
Posted by Cheetron on February 17th, 2015 @ 12:05pm CST
I just wait and buy the collections. It is hard some days with all these previews!
Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1652484)
Posted by Optimizzy on February 17th, 2015 @ 12:12pm CST
Is it weird that I'm very worried about Buster?? Thundercracker, leave her home!!
Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1652491)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 17th, 2015 @ 12:36pm CST
Randomhero wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
steve2275 wrote:preview dont mean bot if my comic shop cant get it

You can always get it on itunes ;)

Va'al wrote:IDW has informed CBR News that all digital releases will be delayed as well, in order to maintain a synchronized schedule between the two formats.
Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1652500)
Posted by Randomhero on February 17th, 2015 @ 1:25pm CST
As I said, not always. One fun fact, iBooks also releases books the night before at 10pm central time.
Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1652520)
Posted by steve2275 on February 17th, 2015 @ 2:42pm CST
at least when they do arrive i can read them in bulk
Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1652593)
Posted by budmaloney on February 17th, 2015 @ 9:13pm CST
Looks like Scoop could be the new Scrapper
Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1652600)
Posted by Randomhero on February 17th, 2015 @ 10:02pm CST
budmaloney wrote:Looks like Scoop could be the new Scrapper

That's how Scoop has always looked. It's looking more as if Remnants of Scrapper in in Prowl and the other constructicons and since we know Combiner Wars is taking place on Cybertron and last we knew Scrappers corpse is on Cybertron I could see him returning by the end of the event...oh and the new toy too.

I think Scoop does have a role to play but if I had to guess I think he's going to steal the Enigma of Combination by the end of this issue and bring it to Starscream which is how everything kicks off. I don't see Gavatron getting it nor Prowl. It's gotta end up in Starscream's hands since he's the main villain in combiner wars.
Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1652659)
Posted by Va'al on February 18th, 2015 @ 2:21am CST
A reminder: this preview *usually* means the actual issue is out two weeks after it's posted.

The full preview is releases the Tuesday before the Wednesday the book is actually out, iTunes is just a way for one of the IDW assistants to feed the fire. :D
Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1658060)
Posted by Va'al on March 3rd, 2015 @ 4:15am CST
Many many releases this week from IDW Publishing concerning everyone's favourite transforming robots - and we start off with issue #38 of The Transformers ongoing, as Days of Deception comes to a close and the stage is set for Combiner Wars' Opening Salvo next month. Check out a full preview below!

Transformers #38—Days of Deception
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a & c)
THE ONYX INTERFACE! The AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS face down human forces—and strange battlelines make for strange allies. Who will emerge with the ancient ENIGMA OF COMBINATION… and who will usher in the COMBINER WAR…?
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
All-out war in the wilderness!
Will the Decepticons learn of the humans’ treachery?
Wait, wait—did you say “the humans’ treachery”?
YES I DID!
Days of Deception continues!
The stage is set for COMBINER WARS!
Variant Cover by Jeffrey Veregge!

Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1658154)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 3rd, 2015 @ 9:29am CST
Live and learn indeed, Blackrock. Live and learn indeed.
Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1658201)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 3rd, 2015 @ 11:32am CST
I'm just happy Buster is safe.

I've spent the last month catching up on the IDW transformers story line from All Hail Megatron. I'm fairly invested right now.
Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1658224)
Posted by snavej on March 3rd, 2015 @ 12:16pm CST
That poor dog Buster must be heavily traumatised :HALUC: :-x !

There's so much heat and noise from jet engines, energy weapons and giant robots yelling at each other. Being so close to all that noise could make a dog permanently deaf, if nothing else.

Oh, I just remembered, there was Buster Witwicky in the Marvel continuity. Buster the dog could be a little joke about that. >:oP
Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1658360)
Posted by Shuttershock on March 3rd, 2015 @ 4:42pm CST
snavej wrote:That poor dog Buster must be heavily traumatised :HALUC: :-x !

What's funny about Buster is that she's surprisingly nonplussed by the whole giant robot thing. Must be like animals bred for war, they just get used to it.
Re: IDW Publishing Transformers #38: Days of Deception Preview (1658364)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 3rd, 2015 @ 4:52pm CST
Shuttershock wrote:
snavej wrote:That poor dog Buster must be heavily traumatised :HALUC: :-x !

or maybe Thundercracker really is a gentle soul, we, spark.....whatever.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro RICOCHET NIGHTSTICK Transformers G1 TRU Commemorative Series IX MISB" on EBAY
Buy "1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Decepticon Headmaster Snapdragon Krunk" on EBAY
Buy "Scorponok Helmet Mask 1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Fasttrack Antenna Radar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok 1st Run & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Ironworks SEALED War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wingspan Cloudraker Clones Walgreens MISB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Walgreens Exclusive & Wingspan Cloudraker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle For Cybertron Quintesson Invasion Shockwave Prowl" on EBAY