Wednesday, June 21st, 2017 12:42pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 16,741

It's that time of the month again, that time when we get the new IDW solicitations, and we have a lot for you to check out! There is a lot dealing with the First Strike crossover event, some new Optimus Prime stuff, the Protectobots finally show up again, and ROM and the Transformers continue their crossover. Check out the new stuff below!

OPTIMUS PRIME #11

Transformers News: IDW September Solicitations - Lost Light with First Aid, First Strike, Shining Armor and More

(W) John Barber (A) Kei Zama (CA) Casey Coller (Cover B)
With Optimus Prime embroiled in the FIRST STRIKE event, the Autobots on Earth set off on a mission to find one of their own-before anti-Cybertronian humans get to him first!
In Shops: Sep 13, 2017
SRP: $3.99

ROM VS TRANSFORMERS SHINING ARMOR #3

(W) John Barber, Christos Gage (A/CA) Alex Milne (Cover A)
Crash-landed on a mysterious planet and pursued by both Decepticons and Dire Wraiths, the Solstar Knights and Autobots will have to set aside their differences in order to save themselves!
In Shops: Sep 20, 2017
SRP: $3.99

TRANSFORMERS LOST LIGHT #10

(W) James Roberts (A) Priscilla Tramontano (CA) Alex Milne (Cover C)
HOMECOMING! FIRST AID, the Autobots' Chief Medical Officer, returns to the Lost Light to find that everything has changed: the ship is now under the command of the treacherous GETAWAY, half of his closest friends are missing, and-most shocking of all-the crew is actually making progress...
In Shops: Sep 13, 2017
SRP: $3.99

OPTIMUS PRIME FIRST STRIKE #1

(W) John Barber (A) Guido Guidi (CA) Sara Pitre-Durocher (Cover A)
With Cybertron under siege by Baron Ironblood's forces, Optimus Prime and Arcee defend their homeland! Caught in the middle is the human/Transformer team known as the Revolutionaries-and one of them has a secret that puts everyone at risk!
In Shops: Sep 20, 2017
SRP: $3.99

(W) John Barber (A/CA) Guido Guidi (Cover B)

FIRST STRIKE #3

(W) Mairghread Scott, David Rodriguez (A) Max Dunbar (CA) Freddie Williams II (Cover A)
Secrets revealed! G.I. Joe, the Autobots and M.A.S.K. make their way to Cybertron to stop the siege and encounter the COBRA leader, but all is not as it seems! Will their arrival help-or just bring more disaster?
In Shops: Sep 13, 2017
SRP: $3.99

(W) Mairghread Scott, David Rodriguez (A/CA) Max Dunbar (Cover B)

(W) Mairghread Scott, David Rodriguez (A) Max Dunbar (CA) Alex Ronald (Cover C)

(W) Mairghread Scott, David Rodriguez (A) Max Dunbar (CA) Rob Duenas (Cover D)

FIRST STRIKE #4

Captured by Transformers! Even with the Autobots on their side, G.I. Joe is in trouble! Starscream doesn't trust anyone, much less armed humans who show up during Cybertron's darkest hour and he'll do anything he can to keep G.I. Joe under control-including let COBRA get even closer to their goal!
In Shops: Sep 27, 2017
SRP: $3.99

(W) Mairghread Scott, David Rodriguez (A/CA) Max Dunbar (Cover B)

GI JOE FIRST STRIKE #1

(W) Aubrey Sitterson (A) Ilias Kyriazis (CA) Drew Johnson (Cover A)
As Scarlett heads off to Cybertron to confront the events of First Strike, her G.I. Joe team on Earth faces an unusual enemy... V.E.N.O.M.! With the help of a former M.A.S.K. member, G.I. Joe looks to put an end to Miles Mayhem's sinister group once and for all, in the Greatest Crossover One-Shot Of All Time!
In Shops: Sep 27, 2017
SRP: $3.99

MICRONAUTS FIRST STRIKE #1

(W) Christos Gage (A) Chris Panda (CA) Nelson Daniel (Cover A)
Rom, remaining on Earth as the events of First Strike take place, finds himself in a most unusual team-up... with Earth's smallest heroes, The Micronauts! Together, these two forces must prevent a catastrophe on Earth even while Cybertron descends into chaos!
In Shops: Sep 13, 2017
SRP: $3.99

(W) Christos Gage (A/CA) Chris Panda (Cover B)

TRANSFORMERS LOST LIGHT TP VOL 01

(W) James Roberts (A/CA) Jack Lawrence
Universe united, universe divided! In the aftermath of Revolution, Rodimus and his crew are stranded with no ship-and no hope of escape! Five years ago, Rodimus and a collection of traumatized, lovelorn and/or sarcastic Autobots set off on a quest to find Cyberutopia. So far, they've made a right hash of it. They've misplaced their map. They've lost their ship, the Lost Light, to a mutinous escapologist. Oh, and they're dead. Collects issues #1-6.
In Shops: Oct 25, 2017
SRP: $19.99

TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE QUINTESSENTIAL COLL HC

(W) Tom Scioli, John Barber (A/CA) Tom Scioli
Earth makes contact with an alien race-and G.I. JOE is on the front lines! But, when the Transformers arrive-well, let's just say you've never seen Transformers vs G.I. JOE like this! This oversized deluxe hardcover collects all 13 issues, including commentary and extras by creators Tom Scioli and John Barber! What happens if you let Tom Scioli design a massive hardcover collection of his insane, genre-bending, license-smashing, Hasbro-blessed epic? Buy and find out.
In Shops: Nov 15, 2017
SRP: $49.99

Credit(s): Previews World

Re: IDW September Solicitations - Lost Light with First Aid, First Strike, Shining Armor and More (1891211)
Posted by Randomhero on June 21st, 2017 @ 2:48pm CDT
Wait...no rook on the cover of Lost Light? :lol:
Re: IDW September Solicitations - Lost Light with First Aid, First Strike, Shining Armor and More (1891213)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 21st, 2017 @ 2:52pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:Wait...no rook on the cover of Lost Light? :lol:

No Blades either... I really really really want Rook to appear and actually contribute
Re: IDW September Solicitations - Lost Light with First Aid, First Strike, Shining Armor and More (1891215)
Posted by Randomhero on June 21st, 2017 @ 2:57pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Wait...no rook on the cover of Lost Light? :lol:

I do too but sadly with Deluxe Groove he's been combined with Sky Reign since I got grove.
Re: IDW September Solicitations - Lost Light with First Aid, First Strike, Shining Armor and More (1891216)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 21st, 2017 @ 2:58pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Wait...no rook on the cover of Lost Light? :lol:

I just really want him to show up in the comic and get a characterization. He is a great figure and the only one that really had nothing happen with him
Re: IDW September Solicitations - Lost Light with First Aid, First Strike, Shining Armor and More (1891218)
Posted by WreckerJack on June 21st, 2017 @ 3:05pm CDT
I'm glad LL is finally getting a volume. I like volumes over individual issues a lot. I think I might just get that rather than fill in all the holes in my collection. (Though I will still grab issues if I like the cover art :P)

Still need some of the MTMTE volumes, RIP my wallet between this and the live action movie toys.
Re: IDW September Solicitations - Lost Light with First Aid, First Strike, Shining Armor and More (1891254)
Posted by Kurona on June 21st, 2017 @ 5:32pm CDT

I do wonder why the Protectobots have their original designs instead of the CW ones though.
Re: IDW September Solicitations - Lost Light with First Aid, First Strike, Shining Armor and More (1891258)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 21st, 2017 @ 5:35pm CDT
Kurona wrote:So I kind of screamed at the cover of Lost Light #10. I was theorising that the Protectobots + Mirage would come back and I'm SO happy they did -- First Aid's become one of my favourite characters and I love seeing them not just back but apparently really friggin' pissed! Defensor's totally gonna tear the ship in half.

...why would they? they only have the combined form in common with the toy, save for Blades. they were never in the comic in their toy forms pretty much.
Re: IDW September Solicitations - Lost Light with First Aid, First Strike, Shining Armor and More (1891262)
Posted by Kurona on June 21st, 2017 @ 5:41pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Eh, I just kinda expected they would I guess -- especially when most Combiner teams in IDW now have their CW designs; Aerialbots, Torchbearers, Combaticons, Constructicons... pretty sure the Stunticons too.
Re: IDW September Solicitations - Lost Light with First Aid, First Strike, Shining Armor and More (1891264)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 21st, 2017 @ 5:45pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Eh, well, the aerialbots were out of action for a long time, the torchbearers appeared in their designs since they only had one, the constructicons are still about the same as they have been, minor changes applying, and the stunticons have also been out of the picture for a while mostly, so it wasn't that farfetched plus we rarely see them out of combined mode. And Swindle did not follow his design, he stuck with what he had and the other Combaticons basically showed up for the first time in forever, so they had fairly good reasons. the protectobots have appeared mainly in MTMTE in a certain design and they stuck with it, save for combined mode
Re: IDW September Solicitations - Lost Light with First Aid, First Strike, Shining Armor and More (1891267)
Posted by Kurona on June 21st, 2017 @ 5:54pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

True, true - just makes them the odd one out so it stuck out to me more.

Not that I mind, these designs are great either way :)
Re: IDW September Solicitations - Lost Light with First Aid, First Strike, Shining Armor and More (1891307)
Posted by Daniel Adkins on June 21st, 2017 @ 8:37pm CDT
Love seeing another shot of Stardrive!
Re: IDW September Solicitations - Lost Light with First Aid, First Strike, Shining Armor and More (1891364)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on June 22nd, 2017 @ 12:07am CDT
It would have made it sense to say changing them into a Combiner team changed their bodies somewhat.

I'm not buying Lost Light currently, but I will pick up this issue. Definitely hope Blades and Rook are asking for the ride.
Re: IDW September Solicitations - Lost Light with First Aid, First Strike, Shining Armor and More (1891468)
Posted by Xarmech on June 22nd, 2017 @ 11:10am CDT
Re: IDW September Solicitations - Lost Light with First Aid, First Strike, Shining Armor and More (1891481)
Posted by WreckerJack on June 22nd, 2017 @ 11:37am CDT
Xarmech wrote:Wait. Who's the pink cybertronian on the "First Strike" covers? Is she working for the good guys or the bad guys?

If you are talking about First Strike issue 3, that would be Pyra Magna. She is one of the good guys despite her grumpy expression.
Re: IDW September Solicitations - Lost Light with First Aid, First Strike, Shining Armor and More (1891582)
Posted by Kurona on June 22nd, 2017 @ 2:56pm CDT
WreckerJack wrote:

I think they might mean her. We don't necessarily know yet, but common consensus seems to be that this is the Cybertronian form of a Micronauts villain.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Deluxe Class COG - WEAPONIZER! Complete." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron SIEGE Firedrive WFC-S1" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron SIEGE Roadhandler & Swindler WFC-S4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Pteraxadon Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Springer" on EBAY