IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects

IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects

Sunday, March 18th, 2007 8:25am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Company News
Posted by: Raymond T.   Views: 26,683

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

At the Wizard World convention in Los Angeles this weekend, IDW publisher and editor-in-chief Chris Ryall attended. In his panel, he discussed upcoming projects the company will release in the near future, including on the Transformers brand front. On display was also some artwork, most of which can be viewed in the artcle by CBR.

"We talked about 'Star Wars,' since they've got those figures that transform, like Boba Fett that changes into Slave I. Lucas wasn't a big fan of that, but we're doing the Avengers crossover. I don't want to do a glut of Transformers crossovers because they lose their specialness".

The pictures below were taken from the CBR report.






Credit(s): www.wizarduniverse.com, www.comicbookresources.com


This article was last modified on Sunday, March 18th, 2007 10:55am CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57148)
Posted by Vectorshot on March 18th, 2007 @ 8:39am CDT
The new stories should be good. I am especially interested in the Megatron story.
Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57149)
Posted by Blozor on March 18th, 2007 @ 8:41am CDT
Ooh, I guess we know who the guest star for the Galvatron spotlight is. One a lot of people have been requesting.

I also noticed Cy-Kill in the Megatron picture. This is the second time he's killed Cy-Kill in the gladitorial matches. Nice little hint at Dreamwave continuity there.
Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57162)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on March 18th, 2007 @ 9:17am CDT
I love these pics.

Galvatron is deat on and I hope a toy maker is getting some ideas over that pic.

And those Megatrons! Cartoon Network should just pay these guys to make the next series.
Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57163)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on March 18th, 2007 @ 9:20am CDT
dude, that's hardcore
Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57167)
Posted by Insurgent on March 18th, 2007 @ 9:23am CDT
Those stripes on Megs makes me think he was originally a miner in the Energon Mines. Or some kind of construction worker. He adopted his alt mode to be something a little more destructive and made it the tank.

It's all looking good to me.
Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57170)
Posted by Jaw Crusher on March 18th, 2007 @ 9:29am CDT
Raymond T. wrote:


...now that just SCREAMS to be made into a toy. :) I am definitely picking this book up.
Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57175)
Posted by 1337W422102 on March 18th, 2007 @ 9:37am CDT
Raymond T. wrote:

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHN!!!!
Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57187)
Posted by Cyber-Kun on March 18th, 2007 @ 10:01am CDT
A Star Wars/Transformers crossover would SUCK, the toys are bad enough...
anywhos, that artwork is awesome! Simple, but still got the sharp edges (unlike Pat Lee)
Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57200)
Posted by Grimshock on March 18th, 2007 @ 10:36am CDT
Yeah, that Megatron story will probably be awesome. I hope so, 'cause it's the only thing I'm looking forward to in comics these days.
Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57260)
Posted by Hans on March 18th, 2007 @ 12:25pm CDT
Very curious about the Megatron origin... I wonder if this is yet a different body or simply an earlier version of his Stormbringer "look".

And I'm VERY happy Guido is doing some work for IDW again. Look at that glorious Galvatron pic.... completely cartoon acurate, as it should be IMO (still not that big of a fan of IDW's redesigns).
Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57301)
Posted by Raymond T. on March 18th, 2007 @ 1:24pm CDT
Hans wrote:And I'm VERY happy Guido is doing some work for IDW again. Look at that glorious Galvatron pic.... completely cartoon acurate, as it should be IMO
Well,... 99% accurate! His mid-section part should be purple as well, and he's missing his decepticon logo on his chest! :P
Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57305)
Posted by 1337W422102 on March 18th, 2007 @ 1:26pm CDT
Raymond T. wrote:
Hans wrote:And I'm VERY happy Guido is doing some work for IDW again. Look at that glorious Galvatron pic.... completely cartoon acurate, as it should be IMO
Well,... 99% accurate! His mid-section part should be purple as well, and he's missing his decepticon logo on his chest! :P

Hold up, Ray! It's on his chest, albeit near his neck.
Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57307)
Posted by Hans on March 18th, 2007 @ 1:27pm CDT
That's the evil handywork of the colorist. Guido did his job well :)

(Colorists have the logos on file. No artist actually draws them anymore).
Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57310)
Posted by Raymond T. on March 18th, 2007 @ 1:30pm CDT
83457W422102 wrote:
Raymond T. wrote:
Hans wrote:And I'm VERY happy Guido is doing some work for IDW again. Look at that glorious Galvatron pic.... completely cartoon acurate, as it should be IMO
Well,... 99% accurate! His mid-section part should be purple as well, and he's missing his decepticon logo on his chest! :P

Hold up, Ray! It's on his chest, albeit near his neck.
That's not his logo... See the screencap below...

Image
Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57312)
Posted by Hans on March 18th, 2007 @ 1:31pm CDT
It's his little peep-through window... :lol:
Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57315)
Posted by Raymond T. on March 18th, 2007 @ 1:33pm CDT
Hans wrote:That's the evil handywork of the colorist. Guido did his job well :)

(Colorists have the logos on file. No artist actually draws them anymore).
That's just a poor excuse! :P

(For those who don't know, Hans and I are friends in real life, so I'm just ribbing with him :D )
Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57339)
Posted by steve2275 on March 18th, 2007 @ 2:05pm CDT
SWEETNESS
Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57486)
Posted by Magnus on March 18th, 2007 @ 5:37pm CDT
YES!

In the "Who do you want to see in a Spotlight?" thread, Hound was one of my first choices. Childhood favorite.

He looks great in that art.
Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57492)
Posted by Hotrod on March 18th, 2007 @ 5:44pm CDT
Blozor wrote:Ooh, I guess we know who the guest star for the Galvatron spotlight is. One a lot of people have been requesting.

I also noticed Cy-Kill in the Megatron picture. This is the second time he's killed Cy-Kill in the gladitorial matches. Nice little hint at Dreamwave continuity there.


Cool catch, I did not notice that at first.
Re: IDW Talks About Upcoming Projects (57525)
Posted by 1337W422102 on March 18th, 2007 @ 6:09pm CDT
Magnus wrote:YES!

In the "Who do you want to see in a Spotlight?" thread, Hound was one of my first choices. Childhood favorite.

He looks great in that art.

Hound rules. I'm hoping for a Bluestreak or Wheeljack one myself.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Mega 1-Step Turbo Changer Dragonstorm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus Figure(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Decepticon Viper Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
Twincast / Podcast #286:
"They Might Be Giants"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Autobot Heroes Platinum Edition Transformers Ultra Magnus Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BUMBLEBEE Action Figure POWER PUNCH Age of Extinction Deluxe NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Aoe High Octane Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Roar and Rescue Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 3 Thunderhoof Figure Blue McDonald’s Happy Meal Toy 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Combiner Force Stuntwing Mini Con" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIDESWIPE ROTF Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Class 2009" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sideswipe Autobot Deluxe 2008 Revenge of the Fallen ROTF" on EBAY