IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview

IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview

Saturday, August 1st, 2015 5:52am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 28,053

As entertainment and media site Newsarama get their first post out, we can also share the full preview for next week's issue #44 of IDW Publishing's The Transformers ongoing series, featuring all the unsettled Cybertron you will ever want! Check it out below, and head back to Seibertron.com for a review on Wednesday.

Transformers #44
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith (a & c)
LOVE AND HATE! Two emotions only inches from each other—and TRACKS and NEEDLENOSE have felt them both. On opposite sides of an eons-long war, what happens when they meet again? And what’s ARCEE up to on CYBERTRON?
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
The danger level rises on Cybertron, as dangerous new allegiances form!
Arcee vs. Starscream—but not in the way you expect!
Variant Cover by Agnes Garbowska!

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview

Credit(s): IDW, Newsarama

Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1714948)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 1st, 2015 @ 6:02am CDT
I believe the cybertronian parts of the wanted sign says: "Lost prick. No reward."
Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1714955)
Posted by Deadput on August 1st, 2015 @ 7:35am CDT

I hope IDW later on introduces Bitstream, Hotlink, Redwing, Nacelle and the other two rainmakers (Ion storm and Nova storm) for a few issues.

And doesn't cheaply kill them off like Sunstorm, Countdown, 3/5 of the Technobots, most of the Japanese Transformers and many others they waste for no good reason while they keep introducing random characters with almost no chance of getting toys such as Riptide or Atomizer or Velocity or some of those N.a.i.l.s that haven't been around since forever.

Am I the only one who gets angry when bots die for no reason other then just for dying's sake also known as the Furmanism syndrome.
Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1714976)
Posted by Munkky on August 1st, 2015 @ 9:12am CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Acid storm getting character/personalty time sets the issue for me will be buying first chance I get.

In a way I agree. Rhinox's cameo in issue 34 was a bit of a let-down, it was essentially just "Hi, buy my Generations toy if you haven't already", and I REALLY hope Rhinox comes back with more to do once the Windblade ongoing gets to Eukaris next issue. A figure of IDW Metalhawk during last year's Thrilling 30 range would have been great too.

It would be nice to get toys of characters who feature prominently in the comic, such as the current designs of Galvatron, Soundwave, Rumble and Frenzy, as well as whoever Windblade and co. meet on Eukaris (praying for a new Tigatron figure) but looking at Hasbro's current and future plans for Generations I'm not holding out much hope for these.
Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1714993)
Posted by Flashwave on August 1st, 2015 @ 10:26am CDT
I wish i had gotten ovverride preordered
Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1714996)
Posted by Starsaber468 on August 1st, 2015 @ 10:42am CDT
Neat comic just the cover i 2ant so bad because it makes me think about a transformer taking a selfie also Youtuber JTMichaell87 posted a review of transformers TAV 21
Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1714997)
Posted by Coptur on August 1st, 2015 @ 10:45am CDT
Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1714999)
Posted by Randomhero on August 1st, 2015 @ 11:00am CDT
Coptur wrote:I completely agree with about the character deaths I used to not mind it but now it annoys me. I really wanted to see more or reflector but they went anskilled him off....twice

Welcome the the Game of Thrones/Walking Dead era where anyone can die at any time. Death is part of life. It gives gravity to the situation. The fact you're talking about it shows that. You kill a generic, who cares. You kill an actually character, that leaves an impact. Not every comic needs to be like Marvel/DC and death means nothing and they'll be back next month.

I can't believe it's been almost a year and half since Bee and Shockwave died AND THEYRE STILL DEAD.

With this issue? I won't be surprised if it ends with needlenose or tracks dying by the other's hands. Or both die.
Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1715001)
Posted by Shuttershock on August 1st, 2015 @ 11:02am CDT
I like how Tracks has a bit of prep school attitude. You can practically hear the Jim Baccus Harvard lockjaw accent.
Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1715039)
Posted by padfoo on August 1st, 2015 @ 2:17pm CDT

I agree with a lot of what you're all saying about needless deaths...... At times our society reminds me of the Romans with their colosseums thirsty for blood to sooth their thirst (boredom) for a gritter reality. More deaths in our entertainment of fictionally known characters adds to the realism of the cellphone/wearables generation. With that said too many awesome and interesting characters go unexplored and we get the all too familiar and safe Optimus and Megs in their endless struggle.....
Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1715063)
Posted by Deadput on August 1st, 2015 @ 4:06pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

Depth?

I don't recall seeing any deaths that actually made me care asides from the Wreckers, Rewind (which they ruined probably thanks to Tumblr or/and angry fanboys), Pipes, Ambulon, Trailbreaker, Bumblebee and Shockwave.

When characters die I expect to feel something but I don't because we don't know jack about anyone they decide to killoff.

Remember Barrelroll or Springarm and Wheelarch?

That's the proper way to kill off a character it drives the plot and sets motivation for other characters.

Besides its nothing like Game of Thrones they don't ever bother killing someone such as Sideswipe or Hoist or Inferno or anyone important outside of Bumblebee, Ironhide, Sunstreaker, Wheeljack, Trailcutter, Scrapper, The Coneheads, The Battlechargers.

And they brought back three of those guys and more then likely Scrapper's going to posses Scoop and come back from the dead.

It's just a matter of time waiting for which 1986, 1988 or Japanese Transformer they brutally kill for no other reason outside of "Hey were lazy and can't resolve conflicts besides lots and lots of death"
Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1715064)
Posted by Deadput on August 1st, 2015 @ 4:12pm CDT
padfoo wrote:

What is Optimus's character outside of being the heroic leader who angsts and sits in a corner and cries every time something bad happens and being "the only" non corrupted Prime? (Which is total Bull whats the point of a Prime if their all evil? Is the Matrix evil too? We don't know its destroyed)

He was better as Orion Pax.
Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1715091)
Posted by Coptur on August 1st, 2015 @ 6:19pm CDT
I know what you're saying and I agree as I used feel the same way.

But now I've grown to dislike character deaths especially as I want to see more z-list characters grow much like tailgate and serve have done.
When I'm reading idw stuff of late I feel like we're running out of cons as more and more potential characters are needlessly being killed off.
Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1715098)
Posted by Randomhero on August 1st, 2015 @ 6:48pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Depth?

Remember Barrelroll or Springarm and Wheelarch?

youre response makes no sense at all lol.

"I dont care or feel anything when a character dies...EXCEPT about a dozen characters, here's their names." :lol:
Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1715101)
Posted by Deadput on August 1st, 2015 @ 6:55pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
youre response makes no sense at all lol.

How can you not make sense out of that?

Seriously the point is very crystal clear... shows how people need everything pointed out in extreme detail is english not your first language?

I'm saying with the exception of the characters I have said IDW comic deaths are done poorly.

Plus that's a dozen characters out of the hundreds of characters that die for nothing.
Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1715104)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 1st, 2015 @ 6:58pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
youre response makes no sense at all lol.

How can you not make sense out of that?

So, the character and story driven deaths have an impact, the deaths of characters that are essentially redshirts don't. I think that's intentional.
Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1715134)
Posted by Deadput on August 1st, 2015 @ 8:38pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

Is Trialbreaker a reshirt?

Are the Technobots reshirts?

Because their deaths were pretty bad with not that much impact overall (I felt sad for Trailbreaker but the issue he died in was pretty random to me)

There are some others who also had dumb deaths that were not redshirts.
Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1715140)
Posted by Randomhero on August 1st, 2015 @ 9:25pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

Is Trialbreaker a reshirt?

Are the Technobots reshirts?

There are some others who also had dumb deaths that were not redshirts.

The technobots were totally red shirts in IDW(also only 2 have died, the rest have appeared in the background of RID and MTMTE)

You're argument is also not very valid because you said that The Wreckers deaths left an impact with you. Obviously from what I get from that is you didn't understand that book. Those guys were red shirts who died in pointless stupid ways. That's not my opinion, that's from James Roberts himself. Him and nick chose nobody characters to kill in circumstances that were completely avoidable except Iron Fist whose true purpose there was to die. Everyone one else who died was an avoidable circumstance.
Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1715144)
Posted by Randomhero on August 1st, 2015 @ 9:38pm CDT
Character dying with no big extravaganza is better than a character getting one. That's real. No one ever goes out in a blaze of glory.

John, Mike, James, Simon they all have put characters who have died in situations where 9/10 it was unavoidable.

Trailbreaker being stuck with a member of the DJD? What did you expect? You really think Arcee would allow Sunstorm or Ratbat to live? She's an insane killer. It's what she is. Pharma doing what did he did to Ambulon? He's a mad doctor! Scrapper partook in the a world wide slaughter of humankind, of course spike would do what he did. The technobots on Kimia went out taking down an army of sweeps.

Character deaths are written very well in IDW. The only characters that have had pointless deaths were the wreckers, but like I said, that was the point. Verity's words "a story of brain bullets and people dying in stupid ways"

Only death I've never been convinced with is Bombshell but that's because I don't think he was ever alive to begin with. He wasn't forged or constructed cold. He was a drone that was one in 1,000 that was sentient, I totally believe bombshell will comeback because he was never alive.
Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1715145)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on August 1st, 2015 @ 9:46pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

Is Trialbreaker a reshirt?

Are the Technobots reshirts?

There are some others who also had dumb deaths that were not redshirts.

Also some of the wreckers were horrible people who probably deserved to die. For Trailbreaker, it is kind kinda like the wreckers thing in that it's a wrong place, wrong time, and his death was completely avoidable if it weren't for cretin factors. If one thing James robert's excels at, is that he shows the world of the transformers bizarrely realistically. Let me lay down this beat, see if you pick it up. In reality there are several million remorseless animals, vehicles, and straight crazy motherfuckers that most fiction doesn't show you. Fiction follows rational, causational, logical, stories. Reality prefers to sculpt haunting, dream contaminating scenes of spectacular action and horror movie violence out of the clear blue mundanity of everyday life. Some causes of death in real life are to awful and meaningless that they don't normally appear in anything with a plot. Robert's kinda excels at showing the world can both be a wonderful place, and a horrible one that can result in instant immediate and preventable death if given a little bit of foresight. Or deaths were completely unpreventable because the Universe can be as sadistic as a DM.
Re: IDW The Transformers #44 Full Preview (1715168)
Posted by ricemazter on August 2nd, 2015 @ 1:43am CDT
Really the one character death that I had, and continue to have, a problem with is Trailguy's. I know that a lot of background characters are offed before they can actually be developed, but Trailcutter had so much character wise going for him to the point that his death was a complete waste. He'd just sobered up and turned his life around with so much ahead of him, coming into his own in a role other than hammered sad sack. Heck, since his salvation came from the most reviled bot in the entire universe, Megatron, that alone could make for some interesting stories. Maybe he'd become an Autobot convert to Megs way of thinking, getting chummy with him despite his crew mates protests. Then we'd get to see a bit of the old charismatic Megatron, but in a new light. Both characters could've been developed. Megatron gets to see what it means to influence people the way he originally intended to while Trailguy continues his path to enlightenment. Unfortunately, all that potential for the both of them flew out the window.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Netflix Megatron With Skelivore War for Cybertron New Sealed In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield" on EBAY
Buy "Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep Set of 3 | Transformers Platinum Edition Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Transformers Collertors Club TFSS Series 5.0 Shattered Glass Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "G1 transformers Diamond Select bust Coronation Starscream 445/600 broken read" on EBAY
Buy "NEWinbox "Armada of Cyclonus" Hasbro Transformers 3pc Set Cyclonus+Sweep+Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTCON 2013 MACHINE WARS SUNSTORM #A" on EBAY