IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon

Wednesday, January 27th, 2016 10:28am CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 22,452

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

And in other IDW comics news, we also have an Amazon listing for July 2016, with the release of the ninth volume in The Transformers ongoing. As volume 8 will end on issue #45, and this one is listed at 100 pages in total, it is possible that it will include up to the landmark #50 with the new page count - thought that would also exclude any additional material, unless it stops with the conclusion of the Conquerors arc in #49. Only time will tell!

Paperback: 100 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (6 July 2016)
ISBN-10: 163140668X
ISBN-13: 978-1631406683

Credit(s): Amazon


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1759936)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 27th, 2016 @ 12:15pm CST
Va'al wrote:And in other IDW comics news, we also have an Amazon listing for July 2016, with the release of the ninth volume in The Transformers ongoing. As volume 8 will end on issue #45, and this one is listed at 100 pages in total, it is possible that it will include up to the landmark #50 with the new page count - thought that would also exclude any additional material, unless it stops with the conclusion of the Conquerors arc in #49. Only time will tell!

Paperback: 100 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (6 July 2016)
ISBN-10: 163140668X
ISBN-13: 978-1631406683

With 100 pages, and 46-49 using 80 pages, that wouldn't leave enough room for issue 50 since it is 41 pages long. I think it will only be 4 issues and bonus stuff :BOT:
Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1759947)
Posted by Va'al on January 27th, 2016 @ 12:29pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:And in other IDW comics news, we also have an Amazon listing for July 2016, with the release of the ninth volume in The Transformers ongoing. As volume 8 will end on issue #45, and this one is listed at 100 pages in total, it is possible that it will include up to the landmark #50 with the new page count - thought that would also exclude any additional material, unless it stops with the conclusion of the Conquerors arc in #49. Only time will tell!

Paperback: 100 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (6 July 2016)
ISBN-10: 163140668X
ISBN-13: 978-1631406683

With 100 pages, and 46-49 using 80 pages, that wouldn't leave enough room for issue 50 since it is 41 pages long. I think it will only be 4 issues and bonus stuff :BOT:


That's what I want people to discuss, really: 4 issues for a full trade collection? How do people feel about that?
Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1759949)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 27th, 2016 @ 12:31pm CST
Va'al wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:And in other IDW comics news, we also have an Amazon listing for July 2016, with the release of the ninth volume in The Transformers ongoing. As volume 8 will end on issue #45, and this one is listed at 100 pages in total, it is possible that it will include up to the landmark #50 with the new page count - thought that would also exclude any additional material, unless it stops with the conclusion of the Conquerors arc in #49. Only time will tell!

Paperback: 100 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (6 July 2016)
ISBN-10: 163140668X
ISBN-13: 978-1631406683

With 100 pages, and 46-49 using 80 pages, that wouldn't leave enough room for issue 50 since it is 41 pages long. I think it will only be 4 issues and bonus stuff :BOT:


That's what I want people to discuss, really: 4 issues for a full trade collection? How do people feel about that?

Isn't that how they are doing The Transformers volume 8? 4 issues of post-Combiner wars issues? :BOT:
Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1759963)
Posted by Va'al on January 27th, 2016 @ 1:17pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Va'al wrote:That's what I want people to discuss, really: 4 issues for a full trade collection? How do people feel about that?

Isn't that how they are doing The Transformers volume 8? 4 issues of post-Combiner wars issues? :BOT:


Yeah. And it's a little slim, don't you think?
I mean, it seems to happening across a good chunk of the comics industry, but I'm still not sure how I feel about having such slim TPBs, even with the 'extra' material (which is usually only variant covers, really).
Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1759964)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 27th, 2016 @ 1:22pm CST
Va'al wrote:Yeah. And it's a little slim, don't you think?
I mean, it seems to happening across a good chunk of the comics industry, but I'm still not sure how I feel about having such slim TPBs, even with the 'extra' material (which is usually only variant covers, really).

It is very slim and I don't like it. Combiner wars threw that off so bad with those 3 issues in there. 4 issue TPB's just don't work for me. I mean Windblade and Drift were like that, but the individual comics were $16 total and the TPB $20. There should be at least 5. I would honestly have been ok with them making an 8 issue TPB that was a bit extra to fix that and exclude all the bonus stuff. Some of it is cool, but some is unnecessary or should not be considered bonus. :BOT:
Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1764054)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 7th, 2016 @ 1:20pm CST
Coming a bit out of left field here, we now have another cover to add to More Than Meets The Eye 50, this time a combination of Casey Coller and recent MTMTE artist Hayato Sakamoto! This new cover shows off Megatron in his tyrants days and in his new life outlook. What do you think of this cover? Had enough yet? Ready for Issue 50 coming out this month? Head on down to the comments section and let us know what you think of this new cover and of the upcoming issue 50 this month, and as always stay tuned to Seibertron.com for all the latest transformers news!

Image
Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1764066)
Posted by Deadput on February 7th, 2016 @ 2:05pm CST
You know I prefer Megatron this way instead of just being killed off at the end of the war it opens a lot more interesting story potential.


Plus I like it when there is another Decepticon leader it keeps the status quo fresh even if that leader is Galvatron right now it is kinda refreshing since most recent Galvatron's have simply been a super powered Megatron with a new paint job and not his own character.
Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1764069)
Posted by Randomhero on February 7th, 2016 @ 2:10pm CST
Deadput wrote:You know I prefer Megatron this way instead of just being killed off at the end of the war it opens a lot more interesting story potential.


Plus I like it when there is another Decepticon leader it keeps the status quo fresh even if that leader is Galvatron right now it is kinda refreshing since most recent Galvatron's have simply been a super powered Megatron with a new paint job and not his own character.


I totally agree. The past 2 years of IDW with Megatron as an autobot is more interesting than what has ever come before with the character but I think that can be said for most of IDW. They've broken out of the box with the transformers mythos and just really shown that it's not all just black and white, good vs evil and I personally don't ever want to see that Decepticon Symbol on IDW megatron again.
Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1764071)
Posted by Deadput on February 7th, 2016 @ 2:15pm CST
Randomhero wrote:
I totally agree. The past 2 years of IDW with Megatron as an autobot is more interesting than what has ever come before with the character but I think that can be said for most of IDW. They've broken out of the box with the transformers mythos and just really shown that it's not all just black and white, good vs evil and I personally don't ever want to see that Decepticon Symbol on IDW megatron again.



I don't want to see him become a Decepticon either but it is likely to happen knowing the comic industry and their history with making previous comic issues irrelevant in order to do some big issue to bring in the dough.


Something like "Megatron restarts the war with the Autobots and Earth with Starscream and a reborn Shockwave by his side?"
Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1764073)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 7th, 2016 @ 2:16pm CST
Randomhero wrote:
Deadput wrote:You know I prefer Megatron this way instead of just being killed off at the end of the war it opens a lot more interesting story potential.


Plus I like it when there is another Decepticon leader it keeps the status quo fresh even if that leader is Galvatron right now it is kinda refreshing since most recent Galvatron's have simply been a super powered Megatron with a new paint job and not his own character.


I totally agree. The past 2 years of IDW with Megatron as an autobot is more interesting than what has ever come before with the character but I think that can be said for most of IDW. They've broken out of the box with the transformers mythos and just really shown that it's not all just black and white, good vs evil and I personally don't ever want to see that Decepticon Symbol on IDW megatron again.

I am going to second this. IDW Megatron being an Autobot has broken so many rules it is unthinkable, but this is what the IDW-verse is all about, and that's why so far it has been my favorite. Megatron has worked so well as an Autobot and has truly encountered some situations making him look back and realize how wrong he went. I think we are past the point of no-return, and he is a bot for the rest of this universe. And I am good with that. :BOT:
Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1764080)
Posted by Randomhero on February 7th, 2016 @ 2:27pm CST
Deadput wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
I totally agree. The past 2 years of IDW with Megatron as an autobot is more interesting than what has ever come before with the character but I think that can be said for most of IDW. They've broken out of the box with the transformers mythos and just really shown that it's not all just black and white, good vs evil and I personally don't ever want to see that Decepticon Symbol on IDW megatron again.



I don't want to see him become a Decepticon either but it is likely to happen knowing the comic industry and their history with making previous comic issues irrelevant in order to do some big issue to bring in the dough.


Something like "Megatron restarts the war with the Autobots and Earth with Starscream and a reborn Shockwave by his side?"


Ya know I have full faith that that won't happen or it won't for a vey vey long time. This isn't 5 years ago or even 10 years ago when Megatron had to be the main villain. Even the new cartoon has managed to make a good show without having megatron -and to an extent- Optimus being the main central focus. Hasbro knows how well the comics are doing and the fact that MTMTE is winning awards lets me believe that they know what they're doing and will allowed to do what they want. John taking over from Andy Schmidt is in -in my opinion- the best thing that he ever happened in transformers comics.

The fact that we are in a time where tracks and needlenose are brothers, Soundwave is preaching a bunch of hippie peace talk, prowl is quite possible the worst autobot to ever wear that symbol and Megatron is a freaking autobot and starscream is ruler of the entire planet cybertron shows us we are living in an insane time.

Could Megatron become a decepticon again? Sure. Will starscream and shockwave join back up with him. No. Starscream will be long dead before that happens and Shockwave was never technically a decepticon so I don't see that happening but if it does, than we better hope the people behind that insanity is James and John because I believe they could convince us of it.
Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1764083)
Posted by Randomhero on February 7th, 2016 @ 2:33pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Deadput wrote:You know I prefer Megatron this way instead of just being killed off at the end of the war it opens a lot more interesting story potential.


Plus I like it when there is another Decepticon leader it keeps the status quo fresh even if that leader is Galvatron right now it is kinda refreshing since most recent Galvatron's have simply been a super powered Megatron with a new paint job and not his own character.


I totally agree. The past 2 years of IDW with Megatron as an autobot is more interesting than what has ever come before with the character but I think that can be said for most of IDW. They've broken out of the box with the transformers mythos and just really shown that it's not all just black and white, good vs evil and I personally don't ever want to see that Decepticon Symbol on IDW megatron again.

I am going to second this. IDW Megatron being an Autobot has broken so many rules it is unthinkable, but this is what the IDW-verse is all about, and that's why so far it has been my favorite. Megatron has worked so well as an Autobot and has truly encountered some situations making him look back and realize how wrong he went. I think we are past the point of no-return, and he is a bot for the rest of this universe. And I am good with that. :BOT:


Yeah I don't think he could even if he wanted to. The decepticons hate him more than everyone now with one part now following Tarn, another wanting to take over everything with Galvatron and and other wanting to be left alone in peace with Soundwave. It's crazy stuff like this that makes me wish the DJD would be brought over to Not-RID because I want Tarn to meet Galavtron and see how that would plays out.

Galvatron is leader of the decepticons but he's only leader of like 20 guys. He's not leader of the entire decepticon faction and that's something I want to see played out.
Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1764084)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 7th, 2016 @ 2:34pm CST
Given the recent MTMTE trend, I am fully convinced Megs will not go back. He has found a way and he does not want to go back. They did an amazing job of making him peaceful and then forcefully bad basically, and now his path back has been too good and too convincing to go back.

And with Shockwave dying a good guy once more, I doubt he and Bee will ever come back, and if they do, Shockwave would not be a con, as he only used them for his own ore needs. and Starscream has finally succeeded, and with him and Windblade set up for a long run, I don't see the status quo swinging back to what it was anytime soon, if at all, especially with John and James. They know what they are doing, and the fact that hasbro said yes to Rewinds last words being "I love you" speaks volumes. not to mention all the awards MTMTE is getting, and the fact that it is a trending topic in social media.

It will not go back, and I don't want it to go back. It is too utterly unique to fall back :BOT:
Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1764087)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 7th, 2016 @ 2:38pm CST
Randomhero wrote:
Yeah I don't think he could even if he wanted to. The decepticons hate him more than everyone now with one part now following Tarn, another wanting to take over everything with Galvatron and and other wanting to be left alone in peace with Soundwave. It's crazy stuff like this that makes me wish the DJD would be brought over to Not-RID because I want Tarn to meet Galavtron and see how that would plays out.

Galvatron is leader of the decepticons but he's only leader of like 20 guys. He's not leader of the entire decepticon faction and that's something I want to see played out.

Tarn meeting Galvs would be interesting, but right now, I cannot wait for the DJD v. Lost Light battle to come. For those who wanted war, it is, but with completely different places and characters. And Tarn has a significant power base there, so it could be very big. I think James said on facebook that the Dying of the Light storyline would be 122 pages by the time it is done, which is huge. And I really think this will bring many storylines to an end or a conclusion: Brainstorm, Megatron, Rodimus, Hoist and Trailcutter, all kinds of stories to use. Not to mention how I truly do believe the protectobots and Ratchet and Drift shall return, and the whole crew shall be united again by the end :BOT:
Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1764089)
Posted by Deadput on February 7th, 2016 @ 2:39pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Given the recent MTMTE trend, I am fully convinced Megs will not go back. He has found a way and he does not want to go back. They did an amazing job of making him peaceful and then forcefully bad basically, and now his path back has been too good and too convincing to go back.

And with Shockwave dying a good guy once more, I doubt he and Bee will ever come back, and if they do, Shockwave would not be a con, as he only used them for his own ore needs. and Starscream has finally succeeded, and with him and Windblade set up for a long run, I don't see the status quo swinging back to what it was anytime soon, if at all, especially with John and James. They know what they are doing, and the fact that hasbro said yes to Rewinds last words being "I love you" speaks volumes. not to mention all the awards MTMTE is getting, and the fact that it is a trending topic in social media.

It will not go back, and I don't want it to go back. It is too utterly unique to fall back :BOT:



It's Bumblebee he always comes back.


We probably said the same thing about Ironhide and look what happened to him.
Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1764094)
Posted by ricemazter on February 7th, 2016 @ 2:50pm CST
My only problem with Megatron being an autobot is that, so far, not much has really been done with him. Sure there have been interesting reactions to him being on board, the rest of the crew hating him, some actively trying to get rid of him through morally questionable means, but there hasn't been much done with Megatron himself and how he's handling all this.

Even after elegant chaos when the main players of the crew, more or less, unanimously decided it would have been better for him not to have been born, even to the detriment of cybertronians as a whole, Megatron didn't do anything plot-wise with that revelation. Probably the best thing with him so far were his interactions with Trail Guy, and the two Slaughterhouse issues. Of course slaughterhouse is over, and we know the trail breaker stuff probably won't go anywhere because he got a throwaway death so Rodimus could briefly make Megs feel bad about himself some more.

There have been reaction shots from him and more subtle things, but nothing overt while the rest of the crew goes about their shenanigans. Really, he acts as Rodimus' straight-man more than anything else, which used to be Magnus' job.

I hope there's a paradigm shift soon and that MTMTE proves me wrong. I'm rather tired of Megatron just kind of being there.
Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1764096)
Posted by Ultra Markus on February 7th, 2016 @ 2:54pm CST
im a little confused if megatron is good now then how does galvatron come into existence
or are they two seperate beings
Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1764097)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 7th, 2016 @ 2:54pm CST
While I can understand your position, Megatron has been hit hard, but they have not showed it very outwardly. When he found out in issue 38 the universe would be better without him, he was basically not seen by the rest of the crew for several issues, only appearing with Ravage and not really saying anything. and then the shock of the necrobot's planet and all the lives he is responsible for. It hasn't been outward, more subtle, but with issue 49 and then with dying of the light, I think we will finally see those things come out more :BOT:
Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1764098)
Posted by Randomhero on February 7th, 2016 @ 2:57pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Yeah I don't think he could even if he wanted to. The decepticons hate him more than everyone now with one part now following Tarn, another wanting to take over everything with Galvatron and and other wanting to be left alone in peace with Soundwave. It's crazy stuff like this that makes me wish the DJD would be brought over to Not-RID because I want Tarn to meet Galavtron and see how that would plays out.

Galvatron is leader of the decepticons but he's only leader of like 20 guys. He's not leader of the entire decepticon faction and that's something I want to see played out.

Tarn meeting Galvs would be interesting, but right now, I cannot wait for the DJD v. Lost Light battle to come. For those who wanted war, it is, but with completely different places and characters. And Tarn has a significant power base there, so it could be very big. I think James said on facebook that the Dying of the Light storyline would be 122 pages by the time it is done, which is huge. And I really think this will bring many storylines to an end or a conclusion: Brainstorm, Megatron, Rodimus, Hoist and Trailcutter, all kinds of stories to use. Not to mention how I truly do believe the protectobots and Ratchet and Drift shall return, and the whole crew shall be united again by the end :BOT:



That's only 6 issues honestly. Same as a standard trade for the most part.

Yeah the dying of light seems like it's the DJDs swan song. It for all intended purposes should be their final appearance so that chapter of MTMTE can be put to bed. Hope it's good! Don't really want a text story epilogue like remain in light got. I know some liked it but it just furiated me. Little less of people standing in a cell for 3 issues and maybe that could have actually been drawn in the book in my opinion.
Re: IDW The Transformers Volume #9 Listing on Amazon (1764099)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 7th, 2016 @ 2:57pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:im a little confused if megatron is good now then how does galvatron come into existence
or are they two seperate beings

In IDW, they are 2 separate guys. Galvatron is an ancient being/barbarian whom was stuck in a dead universe for 6 millions years and now has taken control of the cons post Megs, who was constructed cold/AKA built around I wanna say 4.4 million years ago. Unicron has not existed in this universe yet, only really getting 2 very offhanded mentions that didn't even use his name, just a mention of Primus' opposite, and Primus hasn't even been shown to be real here either :BOT:

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Six Shot and Decepticon Revolver" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Crashbash" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Beast Hunters Legion Class Smokescreen Stealth Fighter Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
Twincast / Podcast #288:
"Filler Episode"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Beast Hunter Optimus Prime Sealed, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "1986 ChromeDome Headmaster Transformers Action Figure G1 with box, instructions." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Wheel Jack and Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO KINGDOM * RHINOX * TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON VOYAGER CLASS!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher & Grax Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Highbrow Complete Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron trilogy Rodimus prime  -BOX ONLY-" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage GO BOTS ROAD RANGER OPTIMUS PRIME Bandai 1983 TRANSFORMERS" on EBAY