IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview

Wednesday, April 10th, 2019 7:20PM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 16,863

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to iTunes, we have a 3 page preview for the upcoming Transformers #3 comic! The 3 pages that we get to view for the new issue, which is scheduled to be out next Wednesday, feature Megatron putting together a new security team for his Ascenticon meetings, which includes Elita-1, Skytread (yep, poor Flywheels), Refraktor (poor Reflector!) and Quake. We also get some talk amongst our main Autobot/police officer cast, as they deliberate what to do with the whole situation regarding the deceased character (whose name is mentioned, so avoid reading if you haven't read #1 yet!) and the bombings.

Check it out below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Transformers News: IDW Transformers #3 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW Transformers #3 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW Transformers #3 Discussion Thread
Credit(s): iTunes
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2018667)
Posted by crazyfist on April 10th, 2019 @ 8:34pm CDT
Ascenticons sounds like the Offendicons to me... he he...
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2018684)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on April 10th, 2019 @ 10:01pm CDT
Hope this means a new Elita-1 figure. Also, has she ever been a Decepticon as Elita? I know in Animated she was one while being Blackarachnia.
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2018694)
Posted by steve2275 on April 10th, 2019 @ 11:47pm CDT
the art its pretty
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2018713)
Posted by Latebrus-K on April 11th, 2019 @ 7:35am CDT
Latebrus-K wrote:Looks like the next issue of IDW’s series continues to be a siege bonanza, this time with “Skytread”, “Refraktor”, and... Elita One? Going off her “collar”, she seems to be a virtual retool of siege Chromia. Disappointing for scaling with Optimus - and her head looks pretty off - but sure beats the PotP jet-hulk.
5ACB83EE-BB40-4351-8A02-BB77548AC4B4.jpeg

0B52C5D5-A3A6-4D83-BFAE-AC6542725C57.jpeg



Threw this up on the siege thread already, but figured it should go here too. Maybe IDW revealed another toy early?
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2018736)
Posted by sol magnus on April 11th, 2019 @ 1:50pm CDT
Still trying to figure out Pax's relationship to the "cops" being that he's an Autobot and Senator.

Prowl's got the receipts (as usual).

Nice "scaling" in the sub-panel on page one.

Will be getting this.
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2018796)
Posted by ScottyP on April 12th, 2019 @ 8:27am CDT
Latebrus-K wrote:
Latebrus-K wrote:Looks like the next issue of IDW’s series continues to be a siege bonanza, this time with “Skytread”, “Refraktor”, and... Elita One? Going off her “collar”, she seems to be a virtual retool of siege Chromia. Disappointing for scaling with Optimus - and her head looks pretty off - but sure beats the PotP jet-hulk.
5ACB83EE-BB40-4351-8A02-BB77548AC4B4.jpeg

0B52C5D5-A3A6-4D83-BFAE-AC6542725C57.jpeg



Threw this up on the siege thread already, but figured it should go here too. Maybe IDW revealed another toy early?
I just assumed it was the artist's interpretation of PotP Elita.

Seriously though by the time you see the fourth page you'll stop assuming everyone in here is getting a toy ;)
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2019101)
Posted by william-james88 on April 16th, 2019 @ 10:35am CDT
Thanks to IDW, we have a 5 page preview for the upcoming Transformers #3 comic! The 5 pages that we get to view for the new issue, which is scheduled to be out tomorrow (Wednesday), feature Megatron putting together a new security team for his Ascenticon meetings, which includes Elita-1, Skytread, Refraktor and Quake. We also see a James Roberts' Froid. This shows that there are definitely elements from the previous IDW universe bleeing into this one.

Check it out below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2019128)
Posted by sol magnus on April 16th, 2019 @ 4:33pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Thanks to IDW, we have a 5 page preview for the upcoming Transformers #3 comic! The 5 pages that we get to view for the new issue, which is scheduled to be out tomorrow (Wednesday), feature Megatron putting together a new security team for his Ascenticon meetings, which includes Elita-1, Skytread, Refraktor and Quake. We also see a James Roberts' Froid. This shows that there are definitely elements from the previous IDW universe bleeing into this one.

Check it out below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Don't see it.
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2019151)
Posted by Bounti76 on April 16th, 2019 @ 7:22pm CDT
Hope we'll find out why Elita One is a proto-Decepticon....
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2019156)
Posted by LE0KING on April 16th, 2019 @ 8:25pm CDT
Wow, in the midst of all the blocks and right angles that make up the siege designs, Froid's Idw curves stand out like a sore thumb.

Sigh, I miss Alex Milne's designs.
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2019160)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on April 16th, 2019 @ 8:58pm CDT
Here's hoping we get a toy of that Elita 1 design because it looks great
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2019164)
Posted by Lore Keeper on April 16th, 2019 @ 9:18pm CDT
Wireless_Phantom wrote:Here's hoping we get a toy of that Elita 1 design because it looks great

Pfft! Here's hoping we get a Froid toy! :-P
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2019166)
Posted by william-james88 on April 16th, 2019 @ 9:24pm CDT
Wireless_Phantom wrote:Here's hoping we get a toy of that Elita 1 design because it looks great

looking at her gauntlets and colour scheme, pretty sure this is based on the toy we already have.
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2019181)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 16th, 2019 @ 10:52pm CDT
Man, this right here makes it even harder to believe that this isn’t somehow tied up with the past IDW stories.
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2019190)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 17th, 2019 @ 4:24am CDT
Am I the only who is having trouble adapting do the new Siege inspired designs? I'm used to Comic characters having a rather unique look, and seeing them based 9n the current hotline is jarring to me. It actually takes me out of the story.
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2019191)
Posted by Coptur on April 17th, 2019 @ 5:59am CDT
I actually quite like the art and it's nice to see Reflector ;)

But this looks like its more of the same from IDW so i won't be investing in it. I would've like another company take the reigns on Tranformers.

Happy for others to enjoy it though.
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2019193)
Posted by ricemazter on April 17th, 2019 @ 6:31am CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:Am I the only who is having trouble adapting do the new Siege inspired designs? I'm used to Comic characters having a rather unique look, and seeing them based 9n the current hotline is jarring to me. It actually takes me out of the story.


It really is weird and distracting. Using the toy designs this way creates this uncanny effect that makes each character look the same and indistinct. The problem, I think, is the shoulders and torso mostly. A lot of transformers toys have to have square shoulders and torsos because they're, well, toys. For the art, it makes a lot of the characters have really similar silhouettes. When the art further needs to be less developed in general to compensate for the abridged schedule (lots of shots where characters are colored silhouettes with lines through them), the effect is compounded.

The flashback shots with Quake were the worst offenders because there wasn't any color, removing another way to tell characters apart.

I want to add a caveat to my criticism that this isn't the artist's fault. There are a lot of vistas in this series I quite like. This was a boneheaded decision that happened in the planning process for the book that no one though about enough.
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2019198)
Posted by Randomhero on April 17th, 2019 @ 8:25am CDT
ricemazter wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:Am I the only who is having trouble adapting do the new Siege inspired designs? I'm used to Comic characters having a rather unique look, and seeing them based 9n the current hotline is jarring to me. It actually takes me out of the story.


It really is weird and distracting. Using the toy designs this way creates this uncanny effect that makes each character look the same and indistinct. The problem, I think, is the shoulders and torso mostly. A lot of transformers toys have to have square shoulders and torsos because they're, well, toys. For the art, it makes a lot of the characters have really similar silhouettes. When the art further needs to be less developed in general to compensate for the abridged schedule (lots of shots where characters are colored silhouettes with lines through them), the effect is compounded.

The flashback shots with Quake were the worst offenders because there wasn't any color, removing another way to tell characters apart.

I want to add a caveat to my criticism that this isn't the artist's fault. There are a lot of vistas in this series I quite like. This was a boneheaded decision that happened in the planning process for the book that no one though about enough.



It’s a style and nothing new. A lot of colorists do it. Josh Burcham did it through his entire run of MTMTE and Optimus Prime with big group shots and crowds. It dates back to the 60s and before.

Also what backing do you have to your claim that it was a “bonehead decision that happening in the planning process for the book that no one thought through” as you say? It’s the colorist’s style
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2019211)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on April 17th, 2019 @ 10:20am CDT
Yeah, I've dropped the book. As others have said, there is nothing new here and throwing in IDW characters like Froid just adds to that issue. Worse than that, it is simply boring in it's predictability.

Moving on...
Image
Re: IDW Transformers #3 iTunes Preview (2019216)
Posted by william-james88 on April 17th, 2019 @ 10:47am CDT
I will admit, I am very close to dropping the book. It's just not doing it for me. It's very dull and just as with Barber's Optimus Prime the pacing is super slow and drains all the fun. Plus, not a fan of the art and ultra heavy outlines against the background.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Vortex(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
Twincast / Podcast #221:
"Appliance Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers BUMBLEBEE Action Figure POWER PUNCH Age of Extinction Deluxe NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot In Disguise Hero Mashers Bumblebee, Sideswipe & Steeljaw." on EBAY
Buy "New- Transformers Age of Extinction Strafe Dinobot Spin Attack Deluxe Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "2016 McDonalds Happy Meal Toy Transformers #7 Grimlock figure Sealed New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Laserbeak 1996 VGC" on EBAY
Buy "JADA 1:43 HOLLYWOOD RIDES TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME DIE-CAST-NEW-*HTF*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Slog " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark Of The Moon Deluxe Class Laserbeak MOSC NEW" on EBAY