IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available

Transformers News: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available

Wednesday, June 5th, 2019 8:25PM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 9,942

For all you comic fans and Shockwave fans out there, we have some good news! The John Gallagher cover for issue #4 of the new IDW Transformers ongoing has now gone live and is available for order. The Gallagher cover features Shockwave, and comes in 2 different variants. The "Battle Ready" version is the clean version of the cover and features Shockwave ready for combat; this version is limited to 600 pieces. The "Battle Damage" version features a bunch of new flame details along with some pretty significant damage to Shockwave himself; this version is limited to 500 pieces.

For you US residents, you can order these on Comics Mint, and you Canadian readers can get it from Mutant Beaver Comics.

Check them out below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Transformers News: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available

Transformers News: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available
Credit(s): Mutant Beaver Comics, Comic Mint
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2023546)
Posted by Stargrave on June 5th, 2019 @ 8:28pm CDT
That looks AWESOME :shock:

I love his Shockwave pistol I want that thing. If ever they did Shockwave in a Voyager scale this would make way cool box art. Always love Shockwave news - thank you sir!
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2023548)
Posted by SgtNateV on June 5th, 2019 @ 8:50pm CDT
Ugh, does this guy do anything that isn't traced?
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2023561)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 5th, 2019 @ 11:49pm CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:That looks AWESOME :shock:

That IS Shockwave in Voyager scale. Yeah, he was sold as a leader due to all the extra crap that came with him, but the figure itself that this rendering is based on is a Voyager sized figure.
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2023562)
Posted by Stargrave on June 5th, 2019 @ 11:53pm CDT
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2023600)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 6th, 2019 @ 9:30am CDT
00Stargrave00 wrote:Oh for sure I meant if they stripped down all the leader armor and just released him with like a mini Shockwave blaster. I think that would make so many fans happy. I’m fine with the leader class I’m probably of the minority who dig the Doctor Shocktapus look ;)
I see what you mean. Yeah, I wouldn't have minded that either. I wouldn't get it now, since I already bought the 'leader' version, but I guess you can try having the small Shockwave that came with the MP figure and see if that works, or maybe the CW legends one.
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2023642)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 6th, 2019 @ 2:01pm CDT
A Bold New Era Continues! Today we bring you a three page preview from #7 of IDWs Transformers reboot! This comes via Apple's Book website (R.I.P. iTunes).

In this small preview we see Bumblebee staring at the sun when Windblade appears...and that's pretty much it. Check out the preview for yourself below, which we have mirrored for your convenience!

Publisher's description of IDW Transformers #7

When another body shows up, Chromia and Prowl feel the pressure to get answers. Bumblebee, meanwhile, applies for a new job—as a bodyguard. But first, he has to impress Elita-1.

What do you think of these events? Are you looking forward to reading this issue? Click here for our take on issue #6 and share your opinions in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2023643)
Posted by ScottyP on June 6th, 2019 @ 2:30pm CDT
I-)
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2023647)
Posted by ARCTrooperAlpha on June 6th, 2019 @ 3:08pm CDT
Calling it. Rubble is (snip)
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2023649)
Posted by sol magnus on June 6th, 2019 @ 3:21pm CDT
Damn, [redacted] hits that hard?
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2023651)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 6th, 2019 @ 3:46pm CDT
"A bold new era..." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2023657)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 6th, 2019 @ 4:17pm CDT
Yeah either Rubble dies or becomes a Decepticon and trades in one of his Bs for an m.
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2023664)
Posted by Stargrave on June 6th, 2019 @ 5:02pm CDT
Ouch Scotty :lol: hahaha
I’d love to see Bee in a new toy I’m tellin’ ya.
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2023665)
Posted by Skritz on June 6th, 2019 @ 5:54pm CDT
So can we start taking bets this is getting cancelled for being boring and uninteresting? Honestly, I think we're done with TF comics for a while. They had their run. Put 'em to rest for now. >:oP
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2023693)
Posted by ricemazter on June 7th, 2019 @ 12:54am CDT
Alright, IDW, you've got me back on board for now; I'm intrigued enough to keep going. But, please, please inject some actual character into your characters.

I know people felt last issue was another regression in pacing, but I was satisfied with it. It was an open and shut issue that told a complete short story, one that actually had a little bit of pathos and some nice character moments.

With this book, I could handle the slowness so much better if the character voices didn't all read the same, and if they actually did things that told us about who they are.

Is Bumblebee excitable, does he get into mischief, does he have any defining character quirks? Just show me something other than him being vaguely sad. If I'm supposed to empathize with him at his lowest, I should at least have been shown, not told, what he was like at his highest.

As another example, take Prowl. He has an organic pet, that's neat. Let's see more of how he interacts emotionally with his surroundings. In the last series, we understood immediately who Prowl was because he flipped tables.

Sorry, rant over.
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2023694)
Posted by Stargrave on June 7th, 2019 @ 12:58am CDT
Dude I don’t think that was a rant at all that was a thoughtful take on it. Well put and not unreasonable at all.
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2024051)
Posted by snavej on June 10th, 2019 @ 12:56pm CDT
Bumblebee: about to become Bumblejumper?! :shock:
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2024217)
Posted by ScottyP on June 12th, 2019 @ 8:12am CDT
Well, I liked 7 a great deal more than 6. Hernandez needs to improve fast or sit on the bench for a bit, their art is distracting when it has to sit next to the work of a legend like Griffith.

Full review later, or maybe tomorrow. Staff is stretched pretty thin so shoot me a PM if you're an active board member in good standing interested in coming on to do comics reviews.
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2024238)
Posted by Stargrave on June 12th, 2019 @ 10:21am CDT
Just in from PopCultHQ is a full six page preview of Transformers #7. Also duplicated here are the awesome alternate covers for this issue including the always incredible Guido Guidi with his Elita-1 featured Retailer Incentive Cover. As listed on the cover images, don't forget: This issue comes with a free Transformers Card Game booster pack. Check out the details and images below and be sure to share your view with the Seibertron crew in the forum!

Transformers #7
Writer: Brian Ruckley
Artists: Ángel Hernández, Andrew Griffith, Anna Malkova
Colorists: Joana Lafuente & Josh Burcham
Letterer: Tom B. Long
Cover Artist:
Christian Ward (Cover A)
Livio Ramondelli (Cover B)
Guido Guidi (Retailer Incentive Cover)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2024255)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on June 12th, 2019 @ 1:24pm CDT
I'm really digging the story so far. I agree that I would like to see more character moments for the main cast, but that can be challenging when advancing the plot. Bumblebee has been tied up in most of the major story beats, and we're seeing him react to those, not develop an independent emotional arc. By contrast, we're seeing a lot of Orion's personality, and he has been more of an observer than participant.

There are two elements in the new series that I really like: the increased presence of female Transformers and a much deeper context for the coming war. In addition to Siege toys Chromia and Greenlight, there's also mainstays Arcee and Elita-1. Add in Nautica and deep cuts like Road Rage and Flamewar, and it's clear that gender diversity is here to stay. Hopefully we'll continue to see more neuro-atypical characters like Geomotus. There is no reason that robot bodies can't be every bit as diverse as organic ones.

I was a little underwhelmed at the worldbuilding at first. I loved the moon energy elevator thing and the Cybertronian wastes, as well as the organic enclaves in the cities, but the planet still basically seems like the same one that's appeared in other media. I now feel like I was taking "worldbuilding" too literally - it's not primarily the physical structure of Cybertron that's changing, but the social and cultural structure, which in turn informs the nature of the core conflict. Issue 6 was not just a great character study of two leaders destined to lead a horrible conflict, it also rooted that coming conflict in practical systemic concerns. IDW and even other continuities have played at that with the Senate and social strata, but issues like Energon rationing and population control provide additional justifications for character choices and conflict.

I mean, at the end of the day, do you really need something more complex and less binary than good versus evil to sell kids' toys? Maybe not, but I get more sucked into the drama and personalities when there's more complexity, which deepens my relationship to the characters.
Re: IDW Transformers #4 John Gallagher Cover Now Available (2024256)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on June 12th, 2019 @ 1:34pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:In addition to Siege toys Chromia and Greenlight, there's also mainstays Arcee and Elita-1. Add in Nautica and deep cuts like Road Rage and Flamewar, and it's clear that gender diversity is here to stay.

I think I forgot someone kinda important ...

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #235 - Pre-Holidaze
"Pre-Holidaze"
Posted: Sunday, November 24th, 2019

Buy "Transformers RID Galvatron Robots Devil Gigatron and Armada Megaton w/ Mini-con" on EBAY
Buy "20" Super Bumblebee Transformers Robots Disguise Electronic Works 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2015 Combiner Wars Titan Class Devastator Tf" on EBAY
Buy "** 2003 - Hasbro Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME Universe RID W/ spy changer Prowl **" on EBAY
Buy "transformers Generations Rodimus Prime Power of the Primes Leader New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS PROWL, bumblebee, Optimus prime, jet fire WALGREENS exc" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Combiner Wars Ironhide,Prowl,Mirage,Sunstreaker IDW Comics!" on EBAY