IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed

Transformers News: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed

Thursday, April 18th, 2019 7:33PM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 20,940

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to Jeffrey Veregge on Twitter, have a new cover to share with you today for the new IDW Transformers series! The Veregge cover is a continuation of the Travel Poster series, and this time features the Winged Moon and the Tether that featured in Transformers #2. The cover proudly asked the reader to "Take the Sky Bridge Today!" and features an interesting color palette for Cybertron and its satellite. This cover is for Issue #6 of the series, which will be due out in late May of this year.

Check out the cover below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Transformers News: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed
Credit(s): Jeffrey Veregge on Twitter
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019373)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on April 19th, 2019 @ 6:43am CDT
Maybe a lot little less pop culture referencing and more focus on an engaging narrative? >:oP
Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019405)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on April 19th, 2019 @ 3:11pm CDT
It's not really an accomplishment for a first issue to a popular series to sell out. Get beyond the first arc with results like that and you're noteworthy.
Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019420)
Posted by Burn on April 19th, 2019 @ 6:19pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Much like Visionaries #1, I feel this only sold out because of the death on the last page

Or they just didn't print enough copies.
Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019500)
Posted by RobRobRobRobRob on April 21st, 2019 @ 7:36pm CDT
Good day, fellow Seibertronians! The fourth issue of the current Transformers Ongoing is scheduled to appear on your store shelves this week, despite the late release of last issue, and IDW Manager and Senior Editor Tom Waltz has seen fit to offer us a sampling of IDW's next issue via his twitter. The image features Chromia in her alternate mode, Orion Pax gazing into the night, Megatron and Soundwave leering, and a sulking Bumblebee. Take a look below, and tell us what you think in the forums below. Be sure to stay tuned this week to Seibertron.com for more Transformers news and reviews!

Image
Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019544)
Posted by ScottyP on April 22nd, 2019 @ 9:23am CDT
Burn wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Much like Visionaries #1, I feel this only sold out because of the death on the last page

Or they just didn't print enough copies.
Yeah second printings are great PR and usually a sign that there have been enough reorders to justify another run. It's also easy to print ten copies and declare a triumphant sellout at the distributor level.

The most recent second printings: TF vs Visionaries 1 after about 6,000 copies of the first printing were sold to shops, Unicron 1 over double that and Unicron 2 up over 9,000 - though please be sure to read the disclaimer on those links' destination as these are limited estimate numbers, best anyone can do though. The point is that we don't know yet if this indicates a roaring success or a small run.

My guess is that issue 1 probably did sell a ton (by TF comic standards) but the attrition rate is going to be painful to witness when we get beyond issue 3, assuming 4 continues the same pacing.
Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019545)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on April 22nd, 2019 @ 9:27am CDT
Marvel (and DC) relaunch constantly because slapping "#1" on the cover is an effective marketing tool to lure in the new reader.
Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019616)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 22nd, 2019 @ 6:14pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Burn wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Much like Visionaries #1, I feel this only sold out because of the death on the last page

Or they just didn't print enough copies.
Yeah second printings are great PR and usually a sign that there have been enough reorders to justify another run. It's also easy to print ten copies and declare a triumphant sellout at the distributor level.

The most recent second printings: TF vs Visionaries 1 after about 6,000 copies of the first printing were sold to shops, Unicron 1 over double that and Unicron 2 up over 9,000 - though please be sure to read the disclaimer on those links' destination as these are limited estimate numbers, best anyone can do though. The point is that we don't know yet if this indicates a roaring success or a small run.

My guess is that issue 1 probably did sell a ton (by TF comic standards) but the attrition rate is going to be painful to witness when we get beyond issue 3, assuming 4 continues the same pacing.

I really think Issue 4 is going to be the make or break. 2 and 3 went slow, and if you have a 3rd issue in a row where things don't grab attention, then that to me is strike 3 and a lot check out.

Which is sad, I hate watching something fall flat and disappoint.
Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019786)
Posted by william-james88 on April 24th, 2019 @ 9:03am CDT
We have some fun Transformers comic news for you today.Firstly, Scotty P found that the third John Gallagher exclusive is up for preorder at Mutant Beaver Comics. It is not cheap and will cost Americans more due to it being Canada exclusive with rather pricey shipping options all around (for Canadians too). But that's run of the mill for the niche exclusives comics market. You can see the image below featuring Jetfire.

We also have a bigger preview for issue 4, thanks to Itunes, to go with the out of order page we got earlier (which we included again). It features fan favourite Cyclonus which looks exactly like the Combiner Wars toy, undercarriage and all.

Enjoy!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019797)
Posted by Seibertron on April 24th, 2019 @ 12:31pm CDT
Just realized one of the things that really bugs me about this series ... the characters seem like they're drawn just fine, but the many panels with open backgrounds with little on the horizon and nothing but sky really irk me. Where are Cybertron's buildings? Where are all of the unique towers and city scenes that should cover most of Cybertron such as in the G1 cartoon or Beast Machines or Transformers Animated or the Bumblebee movie? It looks boring (and artistically lazy) that there is very little going on in the background.
Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019800)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on April 24th, 2019 @ 1:04pm CDT
Even less hope for a new Cyclonus mold to match the TR Targetmasters... :(
Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019802)
Posted by william-james88 on April 24th, 2019 @ 1:18pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Just realized one of the things that really bugs me about this series ... the characters seem like they're drawn just fine, but the many panels with open backgrounds with little on the horizon and nothing but sky really irk me.

Me too. Not sure if I mentioned it before or not, but it really feels like the bots and the background dont exist in the same space. Cybertron feels very empty.
Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019804)
Posted by o.supreme on April 24th, 2019 @ 1:34pm CDT
I guess yay for Cyclonus finally looking the way he should, but boo because it only took 4 issues to shoehorn in Windblade (and yes I'm aware she was planned from the outset in this new series..) I mean I get why Hasbro forced IDW to push her into so much story previously, but this is a NEW continuity. The fact that Hasbro seems intent on retconning the original TF history to include Windblade is frustrating. Might as well draw her in the background of reprinted Marvel Comics, or insert her randomly into original series episodes Lucas *special edition* style...
Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019805)
Posted by william-james88 on April 24th, 2019 @ 2:03pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:I guess yay for Cyclonus finally looking the way he should, but boo because it only took 4 issues to shoehorn in Windblade


She is in issue 1.
Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019807)
Posted by Seibertron on April 24th, 2019 @ 2:38pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Just realized one of the things that really bugs me about this series ... the characters seem like they're drawn just fine, but the many panels with open backgrounds with little on the horizon and nothing but sky really irk me.

Me too. Not sure if I mentioned it before or not, but it really feels like the bots and the background dont exist in the same space. Cybertron feels very empty.


Yes! Exactly. I dont have any real complaints about how the Transformers are drawn in this series. They look good,maybe a little more styling would be good, and maybe a little more detail such as mouths when they are drawn from a distance, but the lack of backgrounds and minimal characters makes the planet seem empty.
Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019808)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on April 24th, 2019 @ 2:39pm CDT
Man you can really see those glaring toy designs when Chromia is shown next to Geomotus and Windblade. It’s like there’s 3 styles happening on the page all at one. They really just took those designs ultra-literally without any degree of stylization. The last time we saw over-literal designs was Energon/Cybertron and look how those turned out
Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019811)
Posted by Randomhero on April 24th, 2019 @ 2:57pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:I guess yay for Cyclonus finally looking the way he should, but boo because it only took 4 issues to shoehorn in Windblade (and yes I'm aware she was planned from the outset in this new series..) I mean I get why Hasbro forced IDW to push her into so much story previously, but this is a NEW continuity. The fact that Hasbro seems intent on retconning the original TF history to include Windblade is frustrating. Might as well draw her in the background of reprinted Marvel Comics, or insert her randomly into original series episodes Lucas *special edition* style...


She’s in issue one...
Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019812)
Posted by o.supreme on April 24th, 2019 @ 3:07pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:I guess yay for Cyclonus finally looking the way he should, but boo because it only took 4 issues to shoehorn in Windblade


She is in issue 1.


Randomhero wrote:She’s in issue one...



That only makes it worse...
Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019814)
Posted by Randomhero on April 24th, 2019 @ 3:11pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:I guess yay for Cyclonus finally looking the way he should, but boo because it only took 4 issues to shoehorn in Windblade


She is in issue 1.



That only makes it worse...



No it just makes your argument worse since it starts with your rant about taking 4 before “shoehorning” her in. She’s been in it from the start. Here’s the thing about Windblade. She debuted in 2013. Six years ago, the better half of a decade. She is now older than the length of the the original G1 cartoons and toyline. Windblade now has history in transformers and the complaints about her really matter anymore.
Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019816)
Posted by o.supreme on April 24th, 2019 @ 3:37pm CDT
Randomhero wrote: No it just makes your argument worse since it starts with your rant about taking 4 before “shoehorning” her in. She’s been in it from the start. Here’s the thing about Windblade. She debuted in 2013. Six years ago, the better half of a decade. She is now older than the length of the the original G1 cartoons and toyline. Windblade now has history in transformers and the complaints about her really matter anymore.


She debuted in the OLD IDW Universe, which is thankfully dead and gone, and should stay that way. If IDW wanted to try to bring Transformers back to it's roots, which was the whole point of the reboot, (in which Windblade was never present), then it has automatically failed. Also its amazing that in six years she did nothing of significance to contribute to the overall TF mythos. You don't see Drift, or the Torchbearers, or Sunstorm in this new IDW universe, for good reason. The same should be with Windblade, just my opinion I know it's not popular, but it's just frustrating that every new comic incarnation and animated series has less and less of what has made Transformers great in times past.
Re: IDW Transformers #6 Jeffrey Veregge Cover Revealed (2019817)
Posted by Randomhero on April 24th, 2019 @ 3:50pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:
Randomhero wrote: No it just makes your argument worse since it starts with your rant about taking 4 before “shoehorning” her in. She’s been in it from the start. Here’s the thing about Windblade. She debuted in 2013. Six years ago, the better half of a decade. She is now older than the length of the the original G1 cartoons and toyline. Windblade now has history in transformers and the complaints about her really matter anymore.


She debuted in the OLD IDW Universe, which is thankfully dead and gone, and should stay that way. If IDW wanted to try to bring Transformers back to it's roots, which was the whole point of the reboot, (in which Windblade was never present), then it has automatically failed. Also its amazing that in six years she did nothing of significance to contribute to the overall TF mythos. You don't see Drift, or the Torchbearers, or Sunstorm in this new IDW universe, for good reason. The same should be with Windblade, just my opinion I know it's not popular, but it's just frustrating that every new comic incarnation and animated series has less and less of what has made Transformers great in times past.


She debuted as a toy fan made by fans and was put in the comics because of that reason. IDW didn’t create her, hasbro and fans did.

You’ve also seen less than a dozen characters appear yet. I’m sorry this isn’t the G1 cartoon you hold so high up where every autobot showed up at once and stood shoulder to shoulder while their names were called and they transformed into their alt mode so you knew which toy you wanted because that’s what that was. A commercial to sell a toy.


There are three issues out. This universe is brand new and we’ve seen other characters from IDWs lore pop up already. There’s plenty of time to introduce other characters. You can’t say “these characters haven’t shown up!” Were on issue three currently.

And I’m pretty sure IDW characters have impacted other media ya know. Winblade has been in cartoons and drift was in 2 movies and showed up in the fist season of Cyberverse.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Xort and Highbrow" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #222 - The Real Ghostbusters
Twincast / Podcast #222:
"The Real Ghostbusters"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, May 12th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Deluxe Ironhide Sealed NEW - Genuine Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Bruticus missing Vortex w/ Shockwave Legends Gun" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Classics Generations Universe Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Wheelie - RC Truck - Revenge Of The Fallen - Legends Figure" on EBAY
Buy "** 2005 - TRANSFORMERS Cybertron Buzzsaw Deluxe Class - MOSC **" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Blast Off" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG56 Perceptor Robot Figure Toy New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG46 Targetmaster Char Kup Robot Toy Figure" on EBAY