IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview

Wednesday, June 12th, 2019 10:22AM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Reviews, Press Releases
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 13,686

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Just in from PopCultHQ is a full six page preview of Transformers #7. Also duplicated here are the awesome alternate covers for this issue including the always incredible Guido Guidi with his Elita-1 featured Retailer Incentive Cover. As listed on the cover images, don't forget: This issue comes with a free Transformers Card Game booster pack. The issue is stated as due out by June 12th, that's today!

Check out the details and images below and be sure to share your view with the Seibertron crew in the forum!

Transformers #7
Writer: Brian Ruckley
Artists: Ángel Hernández, Andrew Griffith, Anna Malkova
Colorists: Joana Lafuente & Josh Burcham
Letterer: Tom B. Long
Cover Artist:
Christian Ward (Cover A)
Livio Ramondelli (Cover B)
Guido Guidi (Retailer Incentive Cover)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
When another body shows up, Chromia and Prowl feel the pressure to get answers. Bumblebee, meanwhile, applies for a new job—as a bodyguard. But first, he has to impress Elita-1.
Transformers News: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview
Transformers News: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview
Transformers News: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview
Transformers News: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview
Transformers News: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview
Transformers News: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview
Transformers News: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview
Transformers News: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview
Transformers News: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview
Credit(s): PopCultHQ
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2024255)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on June 12th, 2019 @ 1:24pm CDT
I'm really digging the story so far. I agree that I would like to see more character moments for the main cast, but that can be challenging when advancing the plot. Bumblebee has been tied up in most of the major story beats, and we're seeing him react to those, not develop an independent emotional arc. By contrast, we're seeing a lot of Orion's personality, and he has been more of an observer than participant.

There are two elements in the new series that I really like: the increased presence of female Transformers and a much deeper context for the coming war. In addition to Siege toys Chromia and Greenlight, there's also mainstays Arcee and Elita-1. Add in Nautica and deep cuts like Road Rage and Flamewar, and it's clear that gender diversity is here to stay. Hopefully we'll continue to see more neuro-atypical characters like Geomotus. There is no reason that robot bodies can't be every bit as diverse as organic ones.

I was a little underwhelmed at the worldbuilding at first. I loved the moon energy elevator thing and the Cybertronian wastes, as well as the organic enclaves in the cities, but the planet still basically seems like the same one that's appeared in other media. I now feel like I was taking "worldbuilding" too literally - it's not primarily the physical structure of Cybertron that's changing, but the social and cultural structure, which in turn informs the nature of the core conflict. Issue 6 was not just a great character study of two leaders destined to lead a horrible conflict, it also rooted that coming conflict in practical systemic concerns. IDW and even other continuities have played at that with the Senate and social strata, but issues like Energon rationing and population control provide additional justifications for character choices and conflict.

I mean, at the end of the day, do you really need something more complex and less binary than good versus evil to sell kids' toys? Maybe not, but I get more sucked into the drama and personalities when there's more complexity, which deepens my relationship to the characters.
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2024256)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on June 12th, 2019 @ 1:34pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:In addition to Siege toys Chromia and Greenlight, there's also mainstays Arcee and Elita-1. Add in Nautica and deep cuts like Road Rage and Flamewar, and it's clear that gender diversity is here to stay.

I think I forgot someone kinda important ...
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2024274)
Posted by Stargrave on June 12th, 2019 @ 4:42pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:I'm really digging the story so far. I agree that I would like to see more character moments for the main cast, but that can be challenging when advancing the plot. Bumblebee has been tied up in most of the major story beats, and we're seeing him react to those, not develop an independent emotional arc. By contrast, we're seeing a lot of Orion's personality, and he has been more of an observer than participant.

There are two elements in the new series that I really like: the increased presence of female Transformers and a much deeper context for the coming war. In addition to Siege toys Chromia and Greenlight, there's also mainstays Arcee and Elita-1. Add in Nautica and deep cuts like Road Rage and Flamewar, and it's clear that gender diversity is here to stay. Hopefully we'll continue to see more neuro-atypical characters like Geomotus. There is no reason that robot bodies can't be every bit as diverse as organic ones.

I was a little underwhelmed at the worldbuilding at first. I loved the moon energy elevator thing and the Cybertronian wastes, as well as the organic enclaves in the cities, but the planet still basically seems like the same one that's appeared in other media. I now feel like I was taking "worldbuilding" too literally - it's not primarily the physical structure of Cybertron that's changing, but the social and cultural structure, which in turn informs the nature of the core conflict. Issue 6 was not just a great character study of two leaders destined to lead a horrible conflict, it also rooted that coming conflict in practical systemic concerns. IDW and even other continuities have played at that with the Senate and social strata, but issues like Energon rationing and population control provide additional justifications for character choices and conflict.

I mean, at the end of the day, do you really need something more complex and less binary than good versus evil to sell kids' toys? Maybe not, but I get more sucked into the drama and personalities when there's more complexity, which deepens my relationship to the characters.


Sweet Christmas what a thoughtful review sheesh that makes me want to check it out even more now. Thanks!
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2024289)
Posted by william-james88 on June 12th, 2019 @ 7:37pm CDT
Stargrave, did you read the IDW tf series before this?
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2024294)
Posted by Stargrave on June 12th, 2019 @ 7:51pm CDT
All of it except for a few of the Dead Universe era one shots basically everything that came with the Humble bundle package offered a few months ago. I collected the old G1 comics and still have most of those even that funny 3D comic with Imperious Delirious, the G2 comic, and some of the Dreamwave books but not a lot.
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2024684)
Posted by Cyberstrike on June 15th, 2019 @ 4:05pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:I mean, at the end of the day, do you really need something more complex and less binary than good versus evil to sell kids' toys? Maybe not, but I get more sucked into the drama and personalities when there's more complexity, which deepens my relationship to the characters.



To be fair IDW doesn't seem all that interested in kids buying their TF comics, IMHO a lot, if not all of them since they got rights have been more focused towards the adult fans which seems more likely given the sad state of comic books now of days and even the Generations/Prime Wars/War for Cybertron/Siege toys seem to be aimed at older fans as well, with Cyberverse seems to be more kid friendly show and toyline.
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2025004)
Posted by Stargrave on June 18th, 2019 @ 2:07pm CDT
Happy Tuesday Seibertronians! Just in from IDW's homepage we have a quick detail summary of issues #8 and #9 of IDW's Transformers!

Here's the summary for #8:
Image

"As Megatron seeks to bring about change to Cybertron, he meets with Termagax, a living piece of Cybertronian history and founder of the Ascenticon movement. Will she set him on the path to peace, or lead him to an unrepairable rupture with the Senate?"
AVAILABLE: June 2019
CREATORS:
Brian Ruckley (Author) • Cachét Whitman (Artist) • Beth McGuire-Smith (Artist) • Anna Malkova (Cover Artist)
IMPRINT: IDW
COLOR: FC

And here's the summary for issue#9:
Image

COMING SOON!
"Time is running out! Orion Pax, his friends, and the Autobot security forces have to get a grip on their murder investigations as their superior, Sentinel Prime, makes his return to Cybertron!"
AVAILABLE: July 2019
CREATORS:
Brian Ruckley (Author) • Cachét Whitman (Artist) • Beth McGuire-Smith (Artist) • Umi Miyao (Cover Artist)
IMPRINT: IDW
PAGE COUNT: 32
COLOR: FC
CATEGORIES: (2019) Transformers , Transformers , Upcoming Releases

Then Thanks to a few posts from IDW Manager, Creative Development / Senior Editor Tom Waltz at #Transformers on Twitter we have this nice preview page showing the introduction of the new character Termagax! Per Mr. Waltz's summary:
"In #Tranformers #8 (in stores, we finally meet the enigmatic #Termagax! Turns out she likes to talk smack about #Starscream behind his fuselage just like everyone else."
Image
Sounds like she just may be the mother of all Decepticons, literally!
Is she the new Fallen?
Is she the new Terminus?
Will she help Megatron finally find his love for violet chest mounted iconography?

Mr. Waltz also posted this nice image of Cyclonus from issue #8 on his own Twitter account with the tag line:
"In #Transformers #8 #TheCracksBeneathYourFeet Part 2, #Cyclonus has some serious #Flamewar issues he needs to tackle. Literally."
Image


And lastly also from Mr. Waltz's own Twitter page he's also provided a nice black and white preview image of Chromia from issue #9 with the summary:

"Join #Chromia to find out what dangers lurk in the shadows below #Cybertron in #Transformers #9."
Image


As always enjoy the peruse and share your views with the Seibertron crew!
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2025024)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on June 18th, 2019 @ 6:43pm CDT
I'm all for this if it means we get a new Flamewar toy.
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2025068)
Posted by Big Grim on June 19th, 2019 @ 5:52am CDT
Hopefully that means the series is gonna start to really pick up. At the moment it's meandering a bit too much. They need to focus a bit more, in my opinion.
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2025123)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 19th, 2019 @ 6:57pm CDT
Big Grim wrote:Hopefully that means the series is gonna start to really pick up. At the moment it's meandering a bit too much. They need to focus a bit more, in my opinion.

I agree with this, a bit more focus would help the story feel better
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2025282)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 20th, 2019 @ 6:03pm CDT
I have a question: is the writer brand new at this? Or has he had previous experience?
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2025289)
Posted by sol magnus on June 20th, 2019 @ 6:50pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:I have a question: is the writer brand new at this? Or has he had previous experience?

He has previous experience.
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2025294)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 20th, 2019 @ 8:37pm CDT
From IDW Publishing, we have news of a brand new Transformers ongoing book set to debut in September! Titled Transformers: Galaxies, the new series is set to explore the origins of various 'bots in the rebooted IDW continuity via story arcs that focus on one character or group- think of it as a series of extended Spotlight-style stories. Galaxies will be written by Tyler Bleszinski, and art duties will be handled by longtime Transformers artist Livio Ramondelli.

Image


Image

The first arc to be featured in the series will focus on the fan-favorite Constructicons (and a certain original combiner is teased) ! Long Haul, Scrapper, Mixmaster, Hook, Scavenger and Bonecrusher long ago emerged from the aftermath of the war against the Threefold Spark to help rebuild Cybertron. But what has become of them since? Find out this September when the series is released. For now, check out the images below, and let your fellow Seibertronians know what you think in the Forums!
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2025297)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 20th, 2019 @ 8:47pm CDT
Interesting concept, i can get behind it! Just hope the main story picks up so this can take the spot of filling in the background
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2025305)
Posted by steve2275 on June 20th, 2019 @ 9:30pm CDT
i like it
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2025321)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 21st, 2019 @ 2:03am CDT
I'm mostly a fan of Ramondelli's work, I know nothing of the author. Hopefully this will be better paced than what we have now, I find the concept interesting.
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2025324)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 21st, 2019 @ 2:55am CDT
I feel like this is an extension of sorts to the original Spotlight idea, depending on the bots it covers, it could be a good read.
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2025334)
Posted by Big Grim on June 21st, 2019 @ 7:40am CDT
I'll give this a shot but it does feel like a shot in the arm for the main series which is just dawdling along. They need to pick up the pace and make the book a touch more interesting and exciting.
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2025350)
Posted by Windsweeper on June 21st, 2019 @ 11:26am CDT
Sounds interesting but I'm not a fan of Ramondelli's art. Along with Wildman, he's my least favourite artist.
Re: IDW Transformers #7 Full Six Page Preview (2025355)
Posted by Black Hat on June 21st, 2019 @ 11:54am CDT
The nuIDW stuff has had some deeply questionable art but those Constructicons are looking rather nice.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alpha Trion Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #236 - Tangled Web
Twincast / Podcast #236:
"Tangled Web"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, December 9th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Sentinel Maximus Botcon OTFCC W HASBRO MAILER BOX 2004 Exclusive G1 Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Animated Breakdown The Stunt-Con-Job Botcon Exclusive 2011 Rare Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Action Figure Transformers Adventure TAV47 Crazybolt by.TakaraTomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 2014 Voyager Class Whirl Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Trypticon Includes Full-Tilt & Brunt!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Hardhead Deluxe Class Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Pretenders Bludgeon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon 2002 Collector Plate  RiD Optimus vs. Megatron!" on EBAY