IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews

IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews

Wednesday, February 18th, 2015 3:47am CST

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 32,549

IDW regular artist Livio Ramondelli, the main visualiser for the upcoming Combiner Wars event - seeing the Transformers and Windblade series crossing over - has shared a couple of sneak previews of new and old characters joining the robot cast in the comics! Check out the mirrored images below, featuring Defensor and Superion, the big green himself Devastator, and the newcomer Mistress of Flame.

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews

Credit(s): Livio Ramondelli

Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1652684)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 18th, 2015 @ 3:53am CST
Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1652688)
Posted by Va'al on February 18th, 2015 @ 3:59am CST
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Wait is Ramondelli doing windblade as well? I like him more than most here, but I really adored everything about sarah stone's work.

Stone is doing Windblade #1 and #3, Ramondelli all the other issues in CW (including Windblade #2). It's a matter of deadlines and speed of production, I'm told. ;)
Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1652704)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 18th, 2015 @ 4:27am CST
Va'al wrote:

Aw that makes me sad. Oh so is windblade still, going to be a miniseries or after combiner battle royal, doesn't seem like to much of a war, is she an ongoing.?
Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1652707)
Posted by Va'al on February 18th, 2015 @ 4:30am CST
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Va'al wrote:

An ongoing it is, though we still do not known what the full creative team is. Scott definitely writing, waiting to hear confirmation on art.
Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1652747)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 18th, 2015 @ 7:12am CST
Looin' good, Livio!
Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1652760)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 18th, 2015 @ 7:54am CST
I may have to get the alternative covers for these. Don't care for the inside pages done like this but I love covers in that style :D
Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1652766)
Posted by No One on February 18th, 2015 @ 8:17am CST
Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1652897)
Posted by Evil Eye on February 18th, 2015 @ 1:49pm CST
Just get Hercules instead then. :lol:

In all seriousness though I agree. It could have been easily engineered and is a much better way of forming his arms. Given the overall G1 look they seem to be going for though I guess they avoided that to preserve the (kinda daft) "entire vehicles for shoulders with nondescript boxes for forearms" look.
Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1652983)
Posted by Prowl4 on February 18th, 2015 @ 5:00pm CST
I'm not a big fan of livios work
Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1652987)
Posted by Starsaber468 on February 18th, 2015 @ 5:40pm CST
Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1652988)
Posted by griftimus prime on February 18th, 2015 @ 5:44pm CST
Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1652991)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 18th, 2015 @ 5:53pm CST
Starsaber468 wrote:Honestly a female combiner is nit a good idea and wanna know why i'll tell u why because combiner wars is really ment for younger audiences plus it would be werid to have a female combiner

I really don't understand your comment. How would a female combiner be any weirder then a male one? Also the comics are more aimed at slightly older fans.
Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1653001)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 18th, 2015 @ 6:54pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:

Anyone ever notice that combiners are essentially transformers having a mass orgy? I don't think throwing lady bots in the mix will make anything more weird, in fact it has the potential to make it less weird.
Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1653034)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 18th, 2015 @ 8:57pm CST

That's like saying it's not a good idea to have female transformers, because it would be wierd.
Thou needst to acquireth an existance, ne'er-do-well.
Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1653035)
Posted by ebonyleopard on February 18th, 2015 @ 8:57pm CST
Not going to lie, I wish they would have gone with a different artist. While his work is good for flashback type stories, he's just not..detailed and clear enough for regular stories for me.
Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1653037)
Posted by ebonyleopard on February 18th, 2015 @ 9:00pm CST

Because like, you know, there are NO FEMALE transformers fans out there. It'd be like...adding male ponies to a My Little Pony Line.
Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1653040)
Posted by No One on February 18th, 2015 @ 9:02pm CST
Delta Magnus wrote:Just get Hercules instead then. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, GREAT figure, but this artwork is just better.
Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1653091)
Posted by padfoo on February 18th, 2015 @ 11:31pm CST
MR Optimus Prime wrote:REALLY dissapoints me to see Devastator drawn here with tread arms and hands that are oviously meant to be built into the transformation and not extra parts that attach. This drawing is exactly what I was hoping for on the Titan class toy.

I have never seen Devastator rendered like this, but I am with you in thinking this would be a better representation of Devastator than the separate forearms that attach.
Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1653092)
Posted by padfoo on February 18th, 2015 @ 11:35pm CST
griftimus prime wrote:not a big fan of this guys work either but his work now is way better than it was a few years back. why does dev have treads on the forearms?

I used to hate Ramondelli's work as well. I felt it was very nondescript and abstract and hard to follow. I still feel that way sometimes, but I also think his work has gotten better, a bit more fluid and cleaner.
Re: IDW Transformers: Combiner Wars - Livio Ramondelli Character Previews (1653098)
Posted by Moonshot on February 19th, 2015 @ 1:00am CST
I like Ramondelli's art style best when its flashbacks, early and pre-war time and also things set in the dead universe.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN  SLUGSLINGER & CALIBURST DELUXE CLASS" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Chomp & Chase Raceway w/ Morbot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BROADSIDE Generations Voyager Class BODY ONLY" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fallen Leader Optimus Prime Monochrome Reaction Figure Super7 G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage Converting Toy, 4.5-Inch Figure, Toys" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Animated Deluxe Arcee Complete Optimus Prime Big Fanstoys Mp Titans" on EBAY
Buy "*AS IS* Takara Transformers Legends Fortress ONLY Titans Return Cerebros Maximus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Revenge Of The Fallen 2009 HASBRO MASK" on EBAY