IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art

Friday, June 5th, 2015 1:53pm CDT

Categories: People News, Digital Media News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 33,015

IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith just showed off some awesome looking artwork he did for SpEditionNYC via twitter! These artwork consists of Combiner Wars Superion with Alpha Bravo and Arcee!
Check out the images we've embedded below and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates!

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Credit(s): Andrew Griffith

This article was last modified on Friday, June 5th, 2015 1:55pm CDT

Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695046)
Posted by Dark Ops on June 5th, 2015 @ 2:00pm CDT
Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I really liked that "bruiser" build for Arcee.
Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695057)
Posted by Randomhero on June 5th, 2015 @ 2:34pm CDT
Dark Ops wrote:Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I really liked that "bruiser" build for Arcee.

You're not in my opinion. Andrew did some great things with that FOC design in RiD.

I do appreciate Alpha Bravo in the back very much.
Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695107)
Posted by Rated X on June 5th, 2015 @ 4:30pm CDT
Damn, somebody get Arcee a beer...

Its good to see Alpha Bravo where he belongs... ;)
Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695108)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 5th, 2015 @ 4:32pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Damn, somebody get Arcee a beer...

Its good to see Alpha Bravo where he belongs... ;)

As a comrade and companion?
Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695109)
Posted by Randomhero on June 5th, 2015 @ 4:37pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Damn, somebody get Arcee a beer...

Its good to see Alpha Bravo where he belongs... ;)

It's good to see people that want to be treated like adults but act like 5 year olds...
Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695110)
Posted by .... on June 5th, 2015 @ 4:40pm CDT

Like Optibotimus says, he loves G1, but he is not a G-whiner. I am the same way, and I think we all should be the same way. Sure it is great to get a figure that is very close to G1, (like Generations Arcee for example), it sparks our nostalgia! But if transformers keeps with the same formula, where is the creativity? Kids aren't interested in the same characters and formulas over and over, and neither am I. Hasbro, IDW, Takara, all of them want change, and so do I. We need something fresh, sure we have the classic old characters like Optimus, Bumblebee, and Megatron, but what is wrong with some new versions of characters? I don't mind a combining Ironhide, Cyclonus or Prowl, it makes it interesting!

So that's my two cents, bring it on haters! :michaelbay:
Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695113)
Posted by Burn on June 5th, 2015 @ 4:46pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Damn, somebody get Arcee a beer...

Its good to see Alpha Bravo where he belongs... ;)

As a fully fledged member of the Aerialbots who can sub in at a moments notice?
Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695115)
Posted by MaverickPrime on June 5th, 2015 @ 4:48pm CDT
I love the Aerialbots drawing! And I really, really hope some 3P makes an add on that allows Alpha Bravo to become a backpack or another weapon or something!
Personally, when I get Quickslingshot, I'll stick him on Superion for symmetry and get a badass loner cape for Alpha Bravo, maybe I'll have him wield Powerglide too 8)
Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695118)
Posted by Burn on June 5th, 2015 @ 5:00pm CDT
And that's the one thing I don't get.

Why is there so much hate towards Alpha Bravo, but people are perfectly fine with Powerglide being an Aerialbot, when he wasn't an Aerialbot back in the day?
Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695121)
Posted by Randomhero on June 5th, 2015 @ 5:02pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:This is just a response to people who say that Combiner Wars is dumb because they are making non-combiner characters into combiners.

So that's my two cents, bring it on haters! :michaelbay:

I agree to a lot of what you said except that Optibotimus is not a g-whiner. He is a perfect example of a GEEWUN/G-whiner. He has superion mistransformed just so it looks like the cartoon model because "that looks better" he complains on a regular basis on reviews to a point where I don't watch him anymore.
Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695122)
Posted by Randomhero on June 5th, 2015 @ 5:04pm CDT
Burn wrote:And that's the one thing I don't get.

Because he's a helicopter and to some crybabies that's heracy. Just like how a truck(off-road) shouldn't be with stunticons.Yet no one has a problem with a semi truck being part of a group of stunt cars or a space shuttle with military vehicles.
Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695124)
Posted by Randomhero on June 5th, 2015 @ 5:05pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Burn wrote:And that's the one thing I don't get.

Or the technobots it's being a cluster of nonsense vehicles.
Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695125)
Posted by .... on June 5th, 2015 @ 5:10pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

So that's my two cents, bring it on haters! :michaelbay:

But do you watch his Bayverse toy reviews? The review of Superion, although I agree, he did get annoying, but it is supposed to look like an updated g1 combiner. He is perfectly fine with the other transformers shows and stuff, like transformers Prime, and the movies, but when it is supposed to be a G1 combiner in the cartoon, then he wants to make it look as close to the g1 toy as possible that he had as a kid. The think I am worried about though, is whether or not he'll complain about a combining Ironhide and Cyclonus or not.
Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695127)
Posted by .... on June 5th, 2015 @ 5:12pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Burn wrote:And that's the one thing I don't get.

Or the technobots it's being a cluster of nonsense vehicles.

I still don't get why Blastoff was a space shuttle.
Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695131)
Posted by Burn on June 5th, 2015 @ 5:16pm CDT
Because Space Shuttles ... Blast Off?
Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695133)
Posted by .... on June 5th, 2015 @ 5:17pm CDT
Burn wrote:Because Space Shuttles ... Blast Off?

I mean why was he a Combaticon? Are space shuttles combat vehicles?
Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695135)
Posted by Randomhero on June 5th, 2015 @ 5:20pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

So that's my two cents, bring it on haters! :michaelbay:

He's too critical of toys and he will complain about the whole 84 guys(ironhide prowl sunstreaker mirage) combining, I guarantee it. But I don't watch them anymore because he's too critical...and because his lighting set up is atrocious. So many people have said his reviews would be better if he tones down the lighting and he responds with "I don't care what you think" I personally have gotten that response. Even when he was asking for opinions when he changed the lighting! I tried watching the Quickslinger review and you couldn't see the damn toy!

And if you don't wanna read the comics fine but go to tfwiki and look up the summary at least. Sounds like an idiot when he says "I don't read the comic so I don't know anything about this and don't tell me in the comments about it because I don't care"

I apologize, it's just annoying and I've just decided I'm not giving him my views because it's kind of unprofessional on how he views some stuff.
Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695138)
Posted by Cobotron on June 5th, 2015 @ 5:27pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:his awesome opinion with which I agree with

Go get'm lil tiger! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Edit: Except the Optibotimus part. His voice is like a swarm of bees in my ear.
Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695139)
Posted by Burn on June 5th, 2015 @ 5:27pm CDT
SillySpringer wrote:
Burn wrote:Because Space Shuttles ... Blast Off?

I mean why was he a Combaticon? Are space shuttles combat vehicles?

Space Shuttles were cool back then.
Re: IDW Transformers comic book artist Andrew Griffith shows off Combiner Wars Art (1695140)
Posted by King Kuuga on June 5th, 2015 @ 5:30pm CDT
Burn wrote:
SillySpringer wrote:
Burn wrote:Because Space Shuttles ... Blast Off?

I mean why was he a Combaticon? Are space shuttles combat vehicles?

Space Shuttles were cool back then.

It was the 80s, it didn't have to make sense. He was there to diversify the toys and that's basically it.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Go! G15 Hunter Bulkhead Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS02 KRAKEN (Seawing) / Seacons / In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TT-GS06 LOBCLAW (Nautilator) / Seacons / In Han" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers | Retro Headmasters | Deluxe Class: Brainstorm + Arcana" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Of The Primes Vector Prime Master Metalhawk" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations CYBER BATTALION SIDESWIPE Complete Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers Skullcruncher G1 Complete w/ Instructions Stats Card Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Punch Counterpunch" on EBAY