IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50

Tuesday, November 17th, 2015 4:27pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 31,588

That usual important comics medium site Newsarama has received a first look at the solicitations for the IDW Publishing comics being released in February 2016 - namely, for More Than Meets the Eye and The Transformers ongoings, as they each reach issue #50 in the series, with ALL HAIL OPTIMUS and THE DYING OF THE LIGHT! Take a look below, including the clean lineart for MTMTE #50 by Alex Milne and the multiple variants including Jonathan Hickman, and head back later this week for the full list of releases, too.

Transformers News: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50

Transformers #50—SPOTLIGHT
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith & Casey W. Coller (a) Griffith (c)
ALL HAIL OPTIMUS—PART 1! Backed by an army of zealous followers, OPTIMUS PRIME declares Earth to be a part of CYBERTRON’S Council of Worlds—and the DECEPTICONS and the people of Earth don’t won’t take it laying down! The story starts here, but the repercussions will last forever.
FC • 48 pages • $7.99

Transformers #50—Subscription Variant
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith & Casey W. Coller (a) • Casey W. Coller (c)
FC • 48 pages • $7.99

Transformers #50—Mike Choi Variant
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith & Casey W. Coller (a) • Mike Choi (c)
FC • 48 pages • $7.99

Transformers #50—Jonathan Hickman Variant
John Barber (w) • Andrew Griffith & Casey W. Coller (a) • Jonathan Hickman (c)
FC • 48 pages • $7.99

Bullet points:
· Will OPTIMUS PRIME become Earth’s savior or… or a dangerous demagogue? Nothing is sure!
· The TRANSFORMERS status quo can never be the same again, and OPTIMUS PRIME’S actions will reverberate through every comic!
· 50 issues of the TRANSFORMERS ongoing have led to this moment!
· The epic ongoing series by John Barber and Andrew Griffith reaches new heights!
· Variant cover by Alex Milne!

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #50—SPOTLIGHT
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne & Brendan Cahill (a) • Griffith (c)
THE DYING OF THE LIGHT—PART 1! Since joining the Lost Light, MEGATRON has rejected everything that once made him the most feared and hated Cybertronian of all time. But penitence has a price, and before the ex-Decepticon can find true redemption he must first confront his darkest legacy—the Decepticon Justice Division.
FC • 48 pages • $7.99

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #50—Subscription Variant
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne & Brendan Cahill (a) • Nick Roche (c)
FC • 48 pages • $7.99

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #50—James Biggie Variant
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a) • James Biggie (c)
FC • 48 pages • $7.99

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #50—Mike Choi Variant
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a) • Mike Choi (c)
FC • 48 pages • $7.99

Bullet points:
· MEGATRON’S past comes back to haunt him—literally!
· The D.J.D. are utterly committed to punishing any who abandon MEGATRON’s cause… and now they know MEGATRON is an AUTOBOT!
· The masterplan of TRANSFORMER’s geniuses James Roberts and Alex Milne reveals itself!
· The story begins here—but you won’t believe where it will end!
· Will the Lost Light survive? Nothing is sure!
· Variant Cover by Alex Milne!

Credit(s): IDW, Newsarama

Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1742190)
Posted by Starsaber468 on November 17th, 2015 @ 4:45pm CST
Looks awesome I always find Victorion in the comics kinda just awesome while on the toy I find that the sword basically makes the figure worth it... In all seriousness I don't want people going around saying IDW ruinned Optimus Prime (prople have been saying that) when we have no idea whats truely gonna happen in the comic yet.
Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1742207)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 17th, 2015 @ 5:59pm CST
Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1742214)
Posted by Starsaber468 on November 17th, 2015 @ 6:18pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:I just noticed that picture of superion has no alpha bravo among his members...has sling shot cone back to life and no one told me?

I just noticed that too, and I am pretty sure he wasn't revived so idk what happened....
Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1742216)
Posted by Railbomb on November 17th, 2015 @ 6:35pm CST
Starsaber468 wrote:

Probably just some mistake. The artist may have accidentally been looking a picture of the Unite Warriors Superion when drawing that. I really don't want them to get rid of a new character before they get any development on their own. and I don't want to have to get Slingshot to keep my combiners comic-accurate.
Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1742234)
Posted by Gearslide on November 17th, 2015 @ 7:49pm CST
Railbomb wrote:
Starsaber468 wrote:

But was Slingshot ever actually declared dead? All I remember was Wheeljack pointing out that his spark casing was exposed and that he was heavily injured, and I remember him reminiscing about hanging out with Slingshot, but I don't recall a panel where anyone says "Slingshot is dead".
Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1742237)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 17th, 2015 @ 8:36pm CST
Oh man this is going to be big!!!

And look at all the faces that are in that MTMTE cover! There are so many (pretty much every bad or dead character is in that picture!) Cannot wait for that!!

and at least we know Sideswipe will survive the next few issues. Guess Jazz is biting the dust here :BOT:
Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1742238)
Posted by Bounti76 on November 17th, 2015 @ 8:38pm CST
Gearslide wrote:
Railbomb wrote:
Starsaber468 wrote:

No one said it outright, but Wheeljack talked about him in the past tense before Superion was rebuilt with Alpha Bravo and Powerglide.

What I wanna know is where did Victorion get a faceplate? She didn't have one in Combiner Hunters, and her toy doesn't have one.
Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1742240)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 17th, 2015 @ 8:40pm CST
Bounti76 wrote:
Gearslide wrote:
Railbomb wrote:
Starsaber468 wrote:

What I wanna know is where did Victorion get a faceplate? She's didn't have one in Combiner Hunters, and her toy doesn't have one.

don't know why. Griffith just seems to like the facemask look based on his other covers :BOT:
Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1742255)
Posted by Starsaber468 on November 17th, 2015 @ 9:31pm CST
So earth is gonna be part of cybertrons Council(optimus prime will announce it), so yeah looks likes its definitely not gonna forever "ruin" optimus prime then. XD
Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1742269)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 17th, 2015 @ 10:13pm CST
Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1742324)
Posted by Gallifreyan Autobot on November 18th, 2015 @ 1:29am CST
i find it interesting that, the cover for the upcoming more than meets the eye issue homages the promo image for Transformers prime or something similar of that nature
Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1742345)
Posted by Starsaber468 on November 18th, 2015 @ 7:22am CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Anyone notice that these issues are $7.99 a piece. Know what that means? DOUBLE ISSUES!!!! AAAHHHHHHH!!!! :BOT:

Probably will be Hardcover, and have longer pages though which makes them worth it.
Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1742348)
Posted by Va'al on November 18th, 2015 @ 7:50am CST
As promised with yesterday's news story, the rest of the comics solicitations for the IDW Publishing comics coming out in February 2016 are offered below, directly from the source. Only additions are the third volume of the IDW collection, and a new issue of Transformers vs G.I. Joe - check them out below!

Transformers vs G.I. JOE #11
Tom Scioli, John Barber (w) • Scioli (a & c)

ESCAPE FROM PRIMUS! With Earth no more, the G.I. JOE team battles to make CYBERTRON their new home—but MEGATRON has something to say about that. Hint: it’s “no, I’m not going to let you do that.” Plus: the secret history of DUKE!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Transformers vs G.I. JOE #11—Subscription Variant
Tom Scioli, John Barber (w) • Scioli (a) • Tom Neely (c)
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
 The most intense crossover in comics history races toward the destruction of
another planet!
 Nothing is sacred, and nothing is safe!

Transformers: The IDW Collection Phase Two, Vol. 3

John Barber, James Roberts, Nick Roche (w) • Alex Milne, Livio Ramondelli, Chee, David Daza, Jimbo Salgado, Emil Cabaltierra, Guido Guidi, Brendan Cahill, Nick Roche (a) • Marcelo Matere (c)

The Lost Light finally reaches the Crystal City, while Orion Pax follows a rogue group of Decepticons. Meanwhile, back on Cybertron, violence breaks out in the heart of the city and Prowl looks for someone to blame! Collects More Than Meets The Eye #9–13 and the 2012 Annual, Robots in Disguise #9–11 and the 2012 Annual, plus the Thundercracker, Bumblebee, and Megatron Spotlights.
HC • FC • $49.99 • 332 pages • 7” x 11” • ISBN: 978-1-63140-540-2

Bullet points:
 The best way to catch up on Transformers comics!
Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1742364)
Posted by Randomhero on November 18th, 2015 @ 10:57am CST
Starsaber468 wrote:

Page count is 48 so they're double size issues
Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1742367)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 18th, 2015 @ 11:44am CST
Randomhero wrote:
Starsaber468 wrote:

Page count is 48 so they're double size issues

Yep. DOUBLE ISSUES BABY :BOT:
Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1742711)
Posted by padfoo on November 19th, 2015 @ 8:07pm CST
That subscription cover variant of issue #50 looks amazing.
Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1745016)
Posted by Va'al on December 1st, 2015 @ 2:00am CST
Directly from PreviewsWorld, we have a little more info on the February releases in the regular IDW Publishing ongoing Transformers comics series, The Transformers and More Than Meets the Eye, as they're bigged up for their respective 50th issue! Check out the expanded synopses and newly revealed variants for MTMTE, in addition to what we already saw, below.

Some of you know them from the films made by Micheal Bay. Others have been loyal fans since they were toys in the 80s. All of us, however, are happy that Hasbro authorized the Transformers comic books. And this month IDW shows that there's no slowing down when it comes to brainstorming for the Autobots and Decepticons because both of their Transformers series are approaching their 50th issues, and that means storytelling is about to go...sideways.

Extra TLC starts with some very cool variant covers, of course, but if you check out this month's Transformers #50 (DEC150406) you'll see that we're about to get a history lesson of sorts. We're taken back to a time after Megatron is allegedly dead, and Bumblebee must attempt to keep order among the other struggling Autobots, and (now defunct) Decepticons. When Optimus Prime shows up to help him out, one would expect that things would get easier right? But, no, it seems that this is when the troubled leader decided it would be best if Earth was part of Cybertron's council.

The question to ask, though, is will the people of earth be receptive to the idea?

Switching gears, we see that in Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #50 (DEC150411) one particular robot is thinking of amending his destructive tendencies.

Megatron may actually be experiencing regret. This may not be the vicious killer that we all know and despise.

It appears that Megatron wants to put his days of ruin behind him, and renounce the Decepticons.

But is this just deceipt? Is Megatron telling the truth? Can Rodimus and his crew even trust him? Is this just a trap? Can one who is the embodiment of evil ever truly repent?

Lots to chew on, folks, so check out both Transformers books this month from IDW Publishing, and be sure to preorder from your local comic shop!
Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1745017)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 1st, 2015 @ 2:32am CST

They read more like synopsis for new readers but not very good ones as unless bumblebee has been resurrected and no one's told me then he's been dead for two years already.
Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1745021)
Posted by BumbleDouche on December 1st, 2015 @ 3:40am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Not going to lie but those expanded previews actually confused me. Like the bit about bumblebee and especially the bit about megatron as it seems to be making out that megatron just randomly approaches the lost light to repent!

I agree... It's poorly worded. It's either referring to a flashback to the period when Bumblebee was in charge & Megatron was thought dead following the D-Void thing, or the little yellow douche is gonna pull an Optimus Prime & get resurrected...
Re: IDW Transformers February 2016 Solicitations: MTMTE and The Transformers #50 (1745026)
Posted by Ironhidensh on December 1st, 2015 @ 4:18am CST
One thing that always bugs me about media, is how cleanly and clearly defined "good" and "evil" usually are portrayed. In real life, its never that simple or easy. I really feel like the Transformer books, MTMTE in particular, are really trying to a dress that. Its one of the reasons I love them so much.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "RARE 2014 HIGH TIDE Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots + 2  '15 Chase the Police" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS ACADEMY HOIST THE TOW BOT FLATBED TOW TRUCK HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Ratchet? 96% Complete? (No Weapon)?" on EBAY
Buy "New TRANSFORMERS Generations TG-23 METROPLEX Action Figure TAKARA TOMY" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ALTERNITY CONVOY NISSAN GT-R ULTIMATE METAL SILVER A-01 TAKARA NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Ultimate Gift Set (Combat Hero Optimus Prime, Jazz)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Motorbreath & Thundercracker (Hasbro)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alternity A-02 Nissan Fairlady Z Megatron - Diamond Black (Takara)" on EBAY