Friday, June 28th, 2019 10:07am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News, Press Releases
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 15,960

From the list released by the San Diego Comic Con we have an image of the exclusive Dan Shoening cover for Ghosts of Cybertron #1! From the press release:
"Pick up this exclusive Transformers/Ghostbusters #1 variant cover with a TOP SECRET design to be unveiled at the convention! Prime gets Slimed as Ghostbusters and Transformers each celebrate their 35th anniversary, with this convention cover by Ghostbusters artist Dan Schoening."
Transformers News: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening
SDCC exclusives always get our community a-buzzing, for good and bad. The item is currently listed as only $10.00 so if you're a fan of the series this is an affordable bonus to grab while at the Con.

Enjoy the image and let us know your thoughts in the forum!

Credit(s): San Diego Comic Con 2019

Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2026594)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 28th, 2019 @ 4:45pm CDT
Unfortunately, that whole cover was already fully revealed in issue 1 this week.
Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2026614)
Posted by Stargrave on June 28th, 2019 @ 5:58pm CDT
Well, I’ll be a son of a glitch.... :BANG_HEAD:
Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2028745)
Posted by Stargrave on July 14th, 2019 @ 12:20am CDT
Also manifesting over on iTunes is a two page previews of IDW's Transformers Ghostbusters Ghosts of Cybertron #2! Check out the images below and let us know your thoughts on the series in the forum.

"“GHOSTS OF CYBERTRON” Part 2! Okay. So. It seems as though there are giant robots who can disguise themselves as vehicles out there in the universe, and, as it happens, one of them has taken the place of Ecto-1. When the Ghostbusters discover this replacement, they naturally have a lot of questions—and this time, even the boys in gray might not believe the answers!"
by Erik Burnham & Dan Schoening
GENRE: Comics & Graphic Novels
AVAILABLE: 2019, July 17
LANGUAGE: EN-English
LENGTH:31Pages
PUBLISHER: IDW Publishing
SELLER: Idea and Design Works, LLC
SIZE: 22.1MB

Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2028807)
Posted by DeathReviews on July 14th, 2019 @ 12:32pm CDT
Nice that they kept Ray's wont for prolixity...
Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2029752)
Posted by Stargrave on July 17th, 2019 @ 2:48pm CDT
Thanks to comics website Graphic Policy we have the full preview for Transformers/Ghostbusters: Ghosts of Cybertron #2! The title follows the adventures of our favorite Cybertronians meeting the inconic phantom fighters of the 80's the Ghostbusters! And in this issue we get to see how a spectral Starscream matches up against one of the most destructive proton accelerators ever strapped to a back. Who will win? The title is written by Erik Burnham with art by Dan Shoening.

Are you enjoying the series so far? This is only a five issue storyline and the pace appears to be moving at a steady clip. Share your enjoyment or woes for the series in the forum and don't forget to stay tuned to Seibertron for all your Transformers news!

Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2029770)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on July 17th, 2019 @ 3:07pm CDT
Looks good! Loved issue 1 more than I thought I would. Gonna have to make my way down to the closest comic book store (6 miles) and pick it up.
Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2029836)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 17th, 2019 @ 7:24pm CDT
Carry on my Wayward Son
A Seibertron.com Review of IDW Transformers Ghostbusters #2

So, are you ready to believe us?

The Road So Far

After a pretty dang nice opening to the series, Issue 2 of Transformers Ghostbusters Ghosts of Cybertron lands! Does it live up to the first issue? Or does it fall into the pitless void that many issue #2's have? well, let's find out!

Hopefully no one died reading issue 1 and reads this one as a ghost

Issue 2 pretty much takes place entirely in 1 staging area, with a short jump to a secondary location. And while that may seem like a boring setup, it is actually a nice get-together with some nice introductions to group dynamics and also some set up for later issues, without being too overly convoluted and boring.

The Ghostbusters crew takes center stage this issue, and the Ghostbuster fan inside me was delighted with how they all played out together: Egon with his wonderful scientific skepticism, Peter as the wise cracker who definitely gets the best on-liners, Winston as the more grounded member who also gets some great one-liners, and Ray who leads the team and tries his best to handle the situation around him. The group dynamic is strong and fun, and I really hope the Ghostbusters fandom is happy, because I am.

I'd be more excited if we got free Proton Packs

On the Transformers side of things, we only get 2 characters for most of the book, but we get a better feel for Eck and what he's been up to and what he normally deals with and how important the current mission is for him. We also get some awesome Starscream, and he certainly lives up to the Ghostbusters expectations!

Come on Starscream, I'm trying to make you look good!

We also get a flashback to the introduction of issue 1, showing the effects of Gozer unleashed. We also get some classic Decepticon moments, and a few more nice 86 movie homages in ways that are very much different but entertaining.

While it may not seem like much was done, the group as a whole felt like a good fun ride, and it has helped set up Eck as a member of the team and also gives us some more prompts and questions, making you wonder where things are truly meant to go in this book

Art

Dan Schoening impressed me in issue 1 of the series, and he follows up issue 1 with an equally as fun issue 2. It's fun to see the cartoon aesthetic attached to Eck, though I still insist that the robot heads are a bit too small for their bodies. But that is a minor thing, I can't be too hard on a guy who is drawings Transformers with almost no experience doing so, especially when his Ghostbusters crew has a great style themselves. It's hard for the bots to blend in with that, OK?

But Starscream really shines and he is my favorite of the Transformers half of the party, as is a little surprise guest that I will leave you folks with finding out who that is.

The Ghostbusters crew look good as well, and I really appreciate the facial expressions they have. If tiny robot heads are the weakness, the human facial expressions are the strengths. Well done Dan, I love seeing the smirks, the grins, the "sigh here we go again" looks. It's fun to look at! The backgrounds fill out the artwork well too.

Heed his warning, or he'll talk, and you already can't be talked to death because you're a ghost

Colors are shining once more thanks to Luis Antonio Delgado, and the proton streams and the surprise character are real shining points for the colors. Give me some more of that please! I really appreciate the background trees as well. It is a simple matter relatively speaking, but a very nice feature.

Lettering is done by Tom B. Long, and he continues his great work allowing us to view all the joys of the issue and giving us some great angry Starscream spirit.

In Conclusion

Welcome aboard Rookie!

Another really good episode guys, a joy to read!

Transformers Ghostbusters has started out as a silly comic that I am enjoying reading that is giving us a look at a cool new character who got a pretty sweet toy, a classic crew we all love, and a bot that can fit right in with them. It is an enjoyable read, it doesn't have a shock value trick to it, it's exactly what you would expect, and sometimes, that's just what you need.

Keep it up guys, I'm ready to see 5 streams crossing again!

:KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: out of :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2029962)
Posted by Big Grim on July 18th, 2019 @ 10:23am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2030781)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 21st, 2019 @ 8:47pm CDT
Big Grim wrote:I've been enjoying this and thanks to it, I've used comixologies sales to buy pretty much all of IDWs Ghostbusters stuff. It's almost all really, really good. They include the videogame and still refer to the player character as the Rookie. They also fold in Infestation with Britt and the zombies. It's been fun. Recommended if you're a Ghostbusters fan.

Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2031331)
Posted by Big Grim on July 24th, 2019 @ 9:20am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:i've been thinking about delving deeper into some of the IDW GB stuff. I really like what I've seen from this creative team

Having read everything barring the first prime omnibus (because I couldn't find it on Comixology), I've really, really enjoyed it. The crossovers with the TMNT were also a lot of fun and both series call back to these meetings throughout the run.

Highly recommended mate.
Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2031403)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 24th, 2019 @ 6:21pm CDT
Big Grim wrote:

Highly recommended mate.

I think I am going to have to.

time to go shopping
Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2031519)
Posted by Big Grim on July 25th, 2019 @ 12:24pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I think I am going to have to.

time to go shopping

Awesome! Hope you enjoy them as much as I did! :)
Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2031657)
Posted by Stargrave on July 25th, 2019 @ 11:06pm CDT
Just in from iTunes is a three page preview of the upcoming Transformers/Ghostbusters: Ghosts of Cybertron limited series! Sounds like anyone who has found this book so far is wishing this would become an ongoing series. In this preview we get to see a humorous interaction between Ectronymous Diamatron and Janine and learn where his new nickname comes from.

Let us know if you've picked up the book yet and if you're enjoying it or not in the forums. If you're a child of the 80's or a fan of retro nostalgia this is right up your alley. Enjoy the preview and stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!

From the iTunes description:
Transformers/Ghostbusters #3
Erik Burnham & Dan Schoening

Pre-Order
Expected Aug 7, 2019
$3.99
Publisher Description
“GHOSTS OF CYBERTRON”, PART 3! The 35th anniversary meeting between Transformers and Ghostbusters continues! Ectotron came to Earth and found a situation far more complicated than he was expecting, which means Optimus Prime is going to need to be brought into the picture. But until Optimus can arrive, Ectotron takes the opportunity to join the Ghostbusters on a case and observe the paranormal. And don’t forget about the ghost of Starscream!"

Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2031670)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 26th, 2019 @ 3:23am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2031674)
Posted by Big Grim on July 26th, 2019 @ 7:19am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I dp love how they nailed the cast here, though my mind keeps throwing two different voices at me for Peter Venkman, Bill Murray and the guy from the first couple of seasons of The Real Ghostbusters cartoon :lol:

Having read the Ghostbusters comics, the Real Ghostbusters are from another dimension. ;)

Blonde Egon confuses them. :D
Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2031693)
Posted by #Sideways# on July 26th, 2019 @ 9:34am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2031695)
Posted by Coptur on July 26th, 2019 @ 9:47am CDT
#Sideways# wrote:I thought the painting of Vigo was transformed into a mural of the Ghostbusters and the kid?

In the comics Vigo is able to come back making the mural only temporary.
Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2031799)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 26th, 2019 @ 6:27pm CDT
Big Grim wrote:

Blonde Egon confuses them. :D

I've not watched much of the Real Ghostbusters, so all I keep hearing are the original 4 guys.

I love it so much, they nailed the voices and personalities. I am thoroughly enjoying it all
Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2031857)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 27th, 2019 @ 2:59am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers Ghosts of Cybertron San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Cover By Dan Shoening (2031909)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 27th, 2019 @ 9:34am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I'd heartily recommend you check out a few episodes D-Max! There's even one where they go to Hollywood because someone is making a movie about them... They don't seem too impressed with the cast list (it's the real cast list... They even play a bit of the actual movie at the end! Not the library ghost but where Venkman is doing psychic testing)

Maybe I will! Is there a place to watch them online somewhere? are they on youtube?

also learned last night that there are apparently 2 volumes of TMNT/GB crossovers? I almost both both, but I'm waiting to make a large Amazon purchase for about another 3 weeks

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Ultra Class Thunderhowl Action Figu" on EBAY
Buy "Cup Topper Transformers The Last Knight Bumblebee + Optimus Prime Movie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots High Tide 2016 Robot Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ReAction Figures by Super 7 (Wave 1 Complete) Optimus, Megatron etc" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Subscription Service TFSS - COMBINER WRECKAGE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie Deluxe Wreckage Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Paradron Medics Ratchet and Lifeline" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Earthrise RATCHET & LIFELINE Paradron Medics 2-Pack MISB in USA" on EBAY