IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art

IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art

Tuesday, October 25th, 2016 5:06am CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 25,633

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Getting the Transformers: Lost Light train back on track, we have a new variant cover for the first issue (out in December) courtesy of Andrew Griffith and Josh Perez, featuring the ..other crew of the questing ship. Check out Getaway and the other mutineers below!

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith/Josh Perez Variant Cover Art

Credit(s): Andrew Griffith


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1836502)
Posted by Kurona on October 25th, 2016 @ 5:17am CDT
So evil they get their own variant cover! Bastards!
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1836504)
Posted by steve2275 on October 25th, 2016 @ 5:25am CDT
sweet cover
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1836511)
Posted by ricemazter on October 25th, 2016 @ 5:39am CDT
This cover just reminds me of one of the things Dying of the Light did, good read though it may be, that I disliked the most. Everyone besides our main characters elects to mutiny? Everyone? I get the logic behind it, but I would have at least liked to see some of the non-speaking role bots get booted off the ship so that not everyone becomes retroactively scummy.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1836522)
Posted by Henry921 on October 25th, 2016 @ 6:42am CDT
ricemazter wrote:This cover just reminds me of one of the things Dying of the Light did, good read though it may be, that I disliked the most. Everyone besides our main characters elects to mutiny? Everyone? I get the logic behind it, but I would have at least liked to see some of the non-speaking role bots get booted off the ship so that not everyone becomes retroactively scummy.



Hopefully when we follow up with them in a future issue we see a few of the mutineers either locked up or exiled because they regretted the decision, and things going to hell under (presumably?) Getaway and Atomizer's leadership. My guess is a few fan favorites like Bluestreak or Blaster will eventually be given that treatment.

Hopefully not Crosscut though. Screw that guy.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1836527)
Posted by ScottyP on October 25th, 2016 @ 7:10am CDT
ricemazter wrote:This cover just reminds me of one of the things Dying of the Light did, good read though it may be, that I disliked the most. Everyone besides our main characters elects to mutiny? Everyone? I get the logic behind it, but I would have at least liked to see some of the non-speaking role bots get booted off the ship so that not everyone becomes retroactively scummy.
The story explains this well, I thought. Megatron has a more or less default position as the devil incarnate when he comes on board. Everyone hates him. Mutiny occurs in issue 29? No, no need for it. They'd all join up and take out Megatron. The characters left behind by Getaway and co. are the ones that interacted with Megatron through his time aboard and came to like him. You'll note that Bluestreak, Preceptor, and Riptide (presumably Crosscut as well, which has been pointed out) are all characters with "speaking roles" through 28-55 that stay aboard with the mutineers.

Preceptor's a good example of a bot that everyone wanted to show up as part of the "good guys" that didn't. If you go back and read #38, you see why he wouldn't care much about Megatron. That little scuffle they have? Yeah I can see that being important.

Anyhow, that divergence aside, I see the desire to have some background characters as part of the abandoned crew, but it wouldn't fit in the narrative. Unless of course, said story called for some red shirts to get pwned by Tarn's army. There'd be people that'd complain about that too.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1836551)
Posted by Big Grim on October 25th, 2016 @ 8:57am CDT
God, I'm looking forward to the Lost Light. I wanna get back to that stuff as this whole "Revolution" is not doing it for me at all.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1836560)
Posted by william-james88 on October 25th, 2016 @ 9:46am CDT
Kurona wrote:So evil they get their own variant cover! Bastards!

I am still so surprised to see Blaster there. He's always such a good guy, I dont know why he would ever vote for a mutiny.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1836568)
Posted by Va'al on October 25th, 2016 @ 10:06am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:So evil they get their own variant cover! Bastards!

I am still so surprised to see Blaster there. He's always such a good guy, I dont know why he would ever vote for a mutiny.


Reminder: Megatron has been the evilest evil in the Cybertronian civil war for millions of year. It is not unreasonable to dislike, hate, fear, be disgusted by him. Especially if you were in the war, opposing him.

It doesn't mean Getaway is any nicer - I still dislike him to the end of my dislike bar - but it's not 'evil' to be confused by how easily a genocidal despot has been accepted as your new best buddy and captain.

That's how I see it anyway!
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1836587)
Posted by william-james88 on October 25th, 2016 @ 10:27am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:So evil they get their own variant cover! Bastards!

I am still so surprised to see Blaster there. He's always such a good guy, I dont know why he would ever vote for a mutiny.


Reminder: Megatron has been the evilest evil in the Cybertronian civil war for millions of year. It is not unreasonable to dislike, hate, fear, be disgusted by him. Especially if you were in the war, opposing him.

It doesn't mean Getaway is any nicer - I still dislike him to the end of my dislike bar - but it's not 'evil' to be confused by how easily a genocidal despot has been accepted as your new best buddy and captain.

That's how I see it anyway!

Nice way of seeig it. That brigs up a question I have, was Megatron fighting or 4 million years in the IDW continuity? I thought he and Prime were asleep for that time like in G1.

That Brings up another question, in the G1 cartoon, who was leading the decepticons and autobots while their two leaders were asleep for 4 million years? Man, I didnt know I would have so many questions all of a sudden.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1836591)
Posted by Big Grim on October 25th, 2016 @ 10:41am CDT
william-james88 wrote:That brings up a question I have, was Megatron fighting or 4 million years in the IDW continuity? I thought he and Prime were asleep for that time like in G1.

No, they've both been active during that 4 million years to the best of my knowledge.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1836756)
Posted by Kurona on October 25th, 2016 @ 3:32pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:So evil they get their own variant cover! Bastards!

I am still so surprised to see Blaster there. He's always such a good guy, I dont know why he would ever vote for a mutiny.


Reminder: Megatron has been the evilest evil in the Cybertronian civil war for millions of year. It is not unreasonable to dislike, hate, fear, be disgusted by him. Especially if you were in the war, opposing him.

It doesn't mean Getaway is any nicer - I still dislike him to the end of my dislike bar - but it's not 'evil' to be confused by how easily a genocidal despot has been accepted as your new best buddy and captain.

That's how I see it anyway!

Nice way of seeig it. That brigs up a question I have, was Megatron fighting or 4 million years in the IDW continuity? I thought he and Prime were asleep for that time like in G1.

That Brings up another question, in the G1 cartoon, who was leading the decepticons and autobots while their two leaders were asleep for 4 million years? Man, I didnt know I would have so many questions all of a sudden.

Well it's the G1 cartoon, so it's not exactly like there aren't a billion plotholes...
But Shockwave was shown to be left in charge of Cybertron by Megatron in the first episode, and later on Elita-1 showed up leading the Female Autobots. One can then either assume Elita-1 was the absolute Autobot leader during that time, or there were multiple various Autobot resistance cells making Shockwave's life hell.


But yeah, that's the thing about the mutiny that hurts so much - it's completely justified. If the comic hadn't focused on Megatron and instead just showed him in the background being the captain suddenly - ie, like how pretty much everyone on the mutiny had seen him - you'd be right there with them thinking this is a good decision. He's Megatron. This was going to happen at some point or another.


Something I haven't seen brought up though is that curiously, all the bots shown drawn here were ones specifically shown in 50 has being part of the mutiny rather than showing any other randoms like Grotusque or Thunderclash or Perceptor. This says to me that the artist was just taking inspiration from 50 and we won't really be seeing these guys much in the issue.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1836789)
Posted by Whifflefire on October 25th, 2016 @ 5:27pm CDT
I figured there would be a plotline following Rodimus's group, and one following Getaway's, and the story will alternate between the two within each issue. The mutineers on this cover would presumably be the main focus group for that side of the story. Even if briefly, I'd bet they'll make an appearance in the upcoming issue.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1836796)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 25th, 2016 @ 5:51pm CDT
I'm wondering what they will do when Getaway finds out Megatron is alive, but his partner died. Or what will Getaway do/feel when that Galactic council fellow tells him that all of them died in the geobomb and that he doesn't remember saying he would spare the Autobots
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1836797)
Posted by Kurona on October 25th, 2016 @ 5:52pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I'm wondering what they will do when Getaway finds out Megatron is alive, but his partner died. Or what will Getaway do/feel when that Galactic council fellow tells him that all of them died in the geobomb and that he doesn't remember saying he would spare the Autobots

Probably use it as an excuse to change his name to Breakway as a Titans Return cross-sell.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1836862)
Posted by ScottyP on October 25th, 2016 @ 9:05pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I'm wondering what they will do when Getaway finds out Megatron is alive, but his partner died. Or what will Getaway do/feel when that Galactic council fellow tells him that all of them died in the geobomb and that he doesn't remember saying he would spare the Autobots

Probably use it as an excuse to change his name to Breakway as a Titans Return cross-sell.
:lol: Thankfully I think we're past that for a short while, at least. The toy tie-ins have been much more closely tied in to RiD/TF the past few years, and I'd bet the upcoming ones stick closer to OP or even TAAO.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1836863)
Posted by ScottyP on October 25th, 2016 @ 9:11pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:That Brings up another question, in the G1 cartoon, who was leading the decepticons and autobots while their two leaders were asleep for 4 million years? Man, I didnt know I would have so many questions all of a sudden.

Cartoon: Shockwave and Alpha Trion/Elita-One (unclear which and the Autobots' leadership is never mentioned as an important thing during this period iirc)

Comic: Straxus and Emirate Xaaron
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1836969)
Posted by Big Grim on October 26th, 2016 @ 9:36am CDT
ScottyP wrote:Comic: Straxus and Emirate Xaaron

Straxus and Xaaron were awesome. So pleased to see Xaaron made it to IDW.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1836973)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 26th, 2016 @ 9:46am CDT
Big Grim wrote:
ScottyP wrote:Comic: Straxus and Emirate Xaaron

Straxus and Xaaron were awesome. So pleased to see Xaaron made it to IDW.

And Xaaron is a Lost Light crewmember too to boot, so he fits right in here
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1838699)
Posted by bodrock on November 3rd, 2016 @ 1:34am CDT
I totally missed the boat on MTMTE -- looking forward to starting with this, though!

I honestly haven't read a series in a long time, but Tarn's design as a character got me interested in the first place (SPOIL'd already lol)....so much I had ro have that MMC Kultur! :CON:
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #1 Andrew Griffith / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1838768)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on November 3rd, 2016 @ 10:14am CDT
I hope we get an answer to who dragged Pharma into that portal. Unless we did and I just missed it? Where is Tyrest?

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
Twincast / Podcast #267:
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber & KFC Simba Signature Edition LE 499" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -Combiner Wars- Optimus Maximus - Ironhide Prowl Mirage Sunstreaker" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Victory G1 Takara 1989 Complete C-324 STAR SABER Headmasters Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Offroad SEALED CW G1 Generations Menasor Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Breakdown SEALED CW G1 Menasor Generations Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Combiner Wars - Menasor - With Comics and Cards" on EBAY