IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher

IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher

Thursday, January 25th, 2018 4:01am CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 12,293

Courtesy yet again of comics-aficionado Seibertronian Sunstar and her eagle-eyed social media checking, we have some process images for the latest preview seen from IDW Publishing, for issue #14 of the ongoing comics series Transformers: Lost Light!

The pages mirrored below show artist Sara Pitre Durocher's process from layout and roughs to the final lineart - plus Joana Lafuente's colours and Tom B. Long's letters from the final verson - for the third page of the preview, featuring Damus / Glitch / Tarn and his old mentor Shockwave, and their conversation after the latter's liberation from Garrus-9. Check it out below, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher

Credit(s): Sara Pitre Durocher

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1933618)
Posted by steve2275 on January 25th, 2018 @ 4:07am CST
cool sara
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1933621)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on January 25th, 2018 @ 4:55am CST
I'm glad they are using her to get LL caught up to where it should be at!
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1933636)
Posted by ScottyP on January 25th, 2018 @ 8:38am CST
ricemazter wrote:I find it incredibly silly that Roberts spent so much time misleading the audience that Tarn was Roller, only for him to look exactly like Roller without his mask.
I say this as nicely as I can: it's time to move on. We're going on two years removed from that. Go back and look at Glitch, look at the context, and try to move on :)
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1933650)
Posted by Diaboragon on January 25th, 2018 @ 10:20am CST
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1933661)
Posted by ricemazter on January 25th, 2018 @ 11:12am CST
ScottyP wrote:

To each their own, I only bring it up because Tarn's maskless appearance reminds me of Roller and I find that observation amusing. You make it sound like I care much more than I actually do.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1933678)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 25th, 2018 @ 12:24pm CST
Diaboragon wrote:Hol' up, Shockwave's comment about the 31 bots with him indicates that they're all on the list, including Flywheels. But when the DJD met the scavengers, Flywheels wasn't one of their targets.
He wasn't on the list at all, or was he just further down the line? Tarn is pretty adamant about working his way through the list in the proper order.

As for his actual face, for some reason I always see a mix of Megatron and Starscream.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1933730)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 25th, 2018 @ 4:30pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:

I can see the starscream resemblance a little bit but it wouldn't of surprised me if they had said that glitch had work done to look like megs, in fact I'm surprised they didn't.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1933767)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 25th, 2018 @ 6:03pm CST
Va'al wrote:(Added note: my biggest problem with the book, I'll admit, is one line of dialogue, towards the second part of the issue, about a specific relationship, and how I really do not like how and where, and regarding whom, it was deployed. I'll leave that for the discussion boards, though.)

I have an idea who you are talking about, but I'd like clarification before I discuss it.

Also, just saying, my remarks about how Scorponoks reveal in issue 9 was the high point of the book? Well, I'm glad we are going back to him. I am looking forward to his part in the story
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1933786)
Posted by Tigertrack on January 25th, 2018 @ 7:06pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1933802)
Posted by ricemazter on January 25th, 2018 @ 8:19pm CST
Tigertrack wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Are we talking about what Cyclonus said about Chromedome and Rewind's relationship not being real or what Chromedome said about Cyclonus being jealous?

If it's the former Cyclonus has a really disturbing perspective on what relationships should be, and this issue puts his past interactions with Tailgate in a really creepy light.

This has definitely been the best issue of LL to date. It stumbles in not resolving anything except, maybe, one of the tangles plot threads while introducing at least three more that won't be resolved until later, but the character interactions were more interesting than they have been in a while and took priority over the plot. Hopefully, this is a return to form.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1933805)
Posted by WreckerJack on January 25th, 2018 @ 9:26pm CST
Tigertrack wrote:I thought Chromedome's comments were unfair, and pretty horrible as things go. But rereading from the beginning of MTMTE, I think I held Chromedome in too high of regard, and that situation with Cyclonus bothered me even with that in mind.

I think Chromedome is insensitive. Like the remarks he made about Rewind's altmode not having wheels, thinking it was okay to just climb inside Roller without asking (wether or not there was any canoodling in the back of his cab is up to the reader I suppose :lol: ) What he said to Cyclonus is a new low. Sure Cyclonus was rude too, but Chromedome should have conducted himself knowing that Cyclonus was absolutely devastated.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1933833)
Posted by Va'al on January 26th, 2018 @ 3:41am CST
ricemazter wrote:
Tigertrack wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Yeah, Cyclonus' comment to Chromedome was definitely.. iffy at best. Especially for a character that has been shown several times as not really shying away from abuse, towards himself or his partner/close ones.

I'm glad people are taking the same reading I had but in a much more positive stride! I really am! :D
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1933858)
Posted by ricemazter on January 26th, 2018 @ 6:30am CST
Va'al wrote:
ricemazter wrote:
Tigertrack wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Though I'm not glad that Tailgate might be dead, I think it's for the best that they're no longer together. The power dynamic between them was always lopsided in an uncomfortable way, and I don't think it's a coincidence that they broke up once the power shifted. Cyclonus really shouldn't be with anyone because of how volatile he is.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1933887)
Posted by not_a_bot on January 26th, 2018 @ 9:08am CST

Cyclonus is grieving and angry and pretty much blaming himself.

Chromedome had his partner pretty much skewered without reason right in front of his eyes, plus he does not know what happened to Tailgate yet - Whirl was the first to figure that one out - so from his point of view he too has a right to be angry, and he lashes out.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1933890)
Posted by snavej on January 26th, 2018 @ 9:14am CST
Tarn's 'speech power' won't hold against Shockwave, who is a master of electromagnetism and also extremely learned and experienced. He would have plenty of countermeasures against Tarn. He would know how to manipulate sound, especially when it is being transmitted via radio or similar.

Also, why is he using a hand-held 'phone when he has plenty of built-in communications equipment?!
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1933922)
Posted by Va'al on January 26th, 2018 @ 1:05pm CST
not_a_bot wrote:I felt the things both of them said were pretty much understandable, from their point of view.

Cyclonus is grieving and angry and pretty much blaming himself.

I get that, I do. But that line reveals more about himself and his attitude towards attachment than anything hurtful towards Chromedome. And that attitude is not very good.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1933926)
Posted by ScottyP on January 26th, 2018 @ 1:39pm CST
Va'al's review led me to figuring our the meaning behind "Threadbare Space", as referenced in Lost Light 1 by Drift (among other places)

When Red Alert picks up the Necrobot's cloak, which is giving a view into the Benzene cluster of space, the wordplay gives it away:

Fun stuff, I'm quite interested to see where all this leads. There's something serious going on in that part of space, presumably separate from Unicron things since we know he's going to show up around Elonia first.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1933953)
Posted by ricemazter on January 26th, 2018 @ 7:59pm CST
Va'al wrote:

Cyclonus is grieving and angry and pretty much blaming himself.

I really don't know how I feel about it. On the one hand, it's a super screwed up way of seeing a relationship. On the other, it's a really interesting development that recontextualizes everything having to do with Cyclonus and Tailgate in a way that makes a really dark kind of sense.

It's crazy when Whirl, the king of being abusive towards people he supposedly likes, is the closest to seeing the pairing for what it is.

I kind of hope Roberts runs with this idea. It's really twisted, but makes things much more interesting.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1934503)
Posted by not_a_bot on January 29th, 2018 @ 10:44am CST
ScottyP wrote:Va'al's review led me to figuring our the meaning behind "Threadbare Space"

Whow, I totally missed that.
Well spotted!
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #14 Page 3 Art Process by Sara Pitre Durocher (1934521)
Posted by snavej on January 29th, 2018 @ 12:24pm CST
'Threadbare space' is right next to 'Foreshadowing space'! :lol:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Speedster Boulder Flip Racers Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stealth Force Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots  Brushfire and Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot Movie Jazz Ratchet Hot Shot Bumblebee Barricade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Ultra Magnus Used Commander Class-Series 2" on EBAY
Buy "IRONHIDE - Transformers Optimus Prime Cyberverse  - Commander Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -  Siege (War for Cybertron) - Battle Masters - Blowpipe - Sealed" on EBAY