IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted

Thursday, January 18th, 2018 2:18AM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 7,938

Another hour tonight, another post about comic art! Thanks go to Seibertronian Sunstar for again pointing us towards the Twitter account of artist Brendan Cahill, and this time, after the reveal of the Retailer Incentive cover art for issue #14 of Lost Light, and then the line art, we now have the line art for his Retailer Incentive cover of issue #15, featuring a feisty Nickel confronting Scorponok! It's always fun to see a part of the process that goes into creating Transformers comic books, even if the covers don't always necessarily reflect the story inside, as is often the case with RI (Retailer Incentive) covers. Check the tweet out at this link or by clicking the picture below, and let us know what you think!

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted
Credit(s): Brendan Cahill
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932161)
Posted by steve2275 on January 18th, 2018 @ 2:26am CST
so cute
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932166)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on January 18th, 2018 @ 5:14am CST
That coloring on the B Covers is horrendous!
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932173)
Posted by snavej on January 18th, 2018 @ 6:30am CST
Grimlock smash! Then Grimlock sit down and have nice warm drink.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932174)
Posted by Va'al on January 18th, 2018 @ 6:42am CST
Targetmaster Kup wrote:That coloring on the B Covers is horrendous!

How so?
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932181)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 18th, 2018 @ 7:15am CST

As for the covers, the grimlock one is awesome and I do find the scorpoknok v Nickel cover hilarious, even if it would always be a one sided fight.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932194)
Posted by MagicDeath on January 18th, 2018 @ 8:23am CST
I’m not even to Revolution in my reading, but hasn’t Scorponok been absent for a while? Or at least was absent for a while?
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932232)
Posted by misfire19d on January 18th, 2018 @ 11:51am CST
Va'al wrote:
Targetmaster Kup wrote:That coloring on the B Covers is horrendous!

How so?

How is it not horrendous?

shill :roll:
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932288)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 18th, 2018 @ 4:24pm CST
It reminds me of the days of the original Marvel comic, or more precisely the UK transformers annuals. Still don't see why they are horrendous
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932298)
Posted by Daniel Adkins on January 18th, 2018 @ 5:01pm CST
misfire19d wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Targetmaster Kup wrote:That coloring on the B Covers is horrendous!

How so?

How is it not horrendous?

shill :roll:

It would help if you actually described your problems with it.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932387)
Posted by Va'al on January 19th, 2018 @ 3:23am CST
Daniel Adkins wrote:
misfire19d wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Targetmaster Kup wrote:That coloring on the B Covers is horrendous!

How so?

How is it not horrendous?

shill :roll:

It would help if you actually described your problems with it.

Indeed! I was just asking to see if I understand the misgivings, whether I accept them or not. ;)
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932418)
Posted by Deadput on January 19th, 2018 @ 8:10am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:@Deadput what's so bad about Nickel? Please don't just answer back saying "everything", I'm genuinely curious as to why you don't like her.

Late reply but the answer is...

Everything

There is nothing I like about Nickel, I hate her personality and find it annoying as hell, I hate how she bosses the DJD and god damn Deathsaurus (Commander Nickel god kill me or actually better yet kill her), I hate how she basically ruined the DJD by being one of the first things that took away any credibility the DJD had as a threat and made them pathetic with her role being their team "mom" (Later other aditions ruined them further), I hate how she's this "cute" character similar to how far they took Tailgate (And ruined him as well).

Why the hell did she take command over Deathsaurus when she did absolutely nothing to deserve it literally nothing she's a prime example of a really bad oc.

The only thing I don't hate is her design instead I just simply don't like it since it's a "chibi" design I don't think works well.

Sorry I don't like badly written shoehorned in Robert Oc's (I only like Rung out of the "main" oc's he's introduced in MTMTE/LL the others I either hate such as Anode (Who I almost hate as much as Nickel), think are stale and boring (Nautica and Ambulon the only other ones I don't hate but I still don't find them great, Tyrest who is a generic insane bad guy among a sea of generic insane bad guys who so happen to be the only kind of character Roberts can attempt to write), have been ruined by bad writing (The DJD, Rapidfire as an example of wasted potential) or have not had enough time to be shown for me to have an opinion such as the rest of Thunderclash's and Firestar's Oc crew.

Edit: I forgot about Riptide and Fulcrum...probably because of how forgettable and bland they are.

I just irrationally hate her, every time I see or remember her my blood boils, I hate her more then any bad human in a Micheal Bay Transformers movie and is in my top 3 most hated characters in the whole franchise.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932421)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 19th, 2018 @ 8:44am CST
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932426)
Posted by Deadput on January 19th, 2018 @ 9:03am CST
Lore Keeper wrote:I agree with people that Nickel suddenly being the commander of Deathsaurus's forces comes from out of nowhere. But, I give James Roberts enough credit to expect that an explanation is forthcoming, and it will probably be delightfully humorous and interesting. Or I'm wrong and Nickel's the biggest Mary Sue ever. :-P

Not with this series track record, it's gonna be a stupid explanation.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932446)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 19th, 2018 @ 10:37am CST
Deadput wrote:

Late reply but the answer is...

Everything

Thank you for replying :-) and admitting it is irrational. See if don't find her annoying and maybe it's a sign that Roberts sense of humour isn't to everyone's tastes. I'm all for adding original character's especially more fembots and I know that people say there's still a lot of characters who were introduced in the toy lines that haven't seen any love but I think there's room for more.

Still I'm now curious as to who your other hated characters are.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932454)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 19th, 2018 @ 10:57am CST
Legitimate question here: did Roberts ever talk about the major issues of Anode's origins on Twitter?

I got my LL V1 last week and I read it, and I tolerated Lawrence's art more, but it also brought up a huge question for me: Anode. I have really disliked this character since her intro, but after issue 8 and then rereading Volume 1, there are some major issues.

Volume 1 our universe establishes her as being from Caminus. She was in the same sorority as Velocity, she was a blacksmith, she abandoned the place and left after failing to create a protoform. The same volume also had her knowing about Cybertron and Luna 2 and the Decepticons 500 years ago thanks to her leaving Caminus.

Volume 1 Functionist universe had her as being from Cybertron, still a female, still a blacksmith. But with the new functionist order, the colonies were not found. the history was altered well after the colony titans left, so that is not an issue, just that her colony would not have been found. Yet here she is a resident of Cybertron, still female.

Issue 8 then has her from Cybertron in our universe, and she traveled around a lot and decided to switch over from a he to a she.

So in short, in the space of 8 issues, she was shown to be from Caminus as a she, from Cybertron as a she, and from Cybertron as a he that became a she. Was this discrepancy ever brought up to Roberts and he answered? I'd really like to know.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932461)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on January 19th, 2018 @ 11:14am CST
I /might/ be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that main-universe anode had always been originally from Cybertron, moved to caminus and from spending a lot of time there and discovering the concept of a non-single-gender species realised she was female.
As for the functionist-U anode, I'm not sure it's been directly addressed. It /could/ be that simply through talking with those who'd visited multiple-choice planets (organic or metallic), she realised what fit for her in much the same way as if she'd visited herself (as discussed in LL8), but I don't think that's been stated outright.
This is all of the top of my head, so I could well be wrong! There's a Tumblr account which collates all of Roberts' MTMTE-related answers to twitter questions, I'll see if I can find it when I get home
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932502)
Posted by Daniel Adkins on January 19th, 2018 @ 2:27pm CST
Its said in issue #8 that she learned about gender from the Primal Vanguard, so she had already transitioned prior to going to Caminus. Same thing easily could've happened in the FU.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932543)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on January 19th, 2018 @ 5:33pm CST
Lost Light's fill preview had been posted at https://www.newsarama.com/38256-meet-ne ... eview.html

It's looking better and better!
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932548)
Posted by Ironhidensh on January 19th, 2018 @ 6:43pm CST
[spoiler]so Anode literally has a Eads up her ass. Dmax is gonna be thrilled.[/spoiler]
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 RI Cover Line Art Tweeted (1932549)
Posted by Lore Keeper on January 19th, 2018 @ 7:09pm CST
That... was unexpected...
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #200 - Requiem of the Twincast
"Requiem of the Twincast"
Posted: Sunday, May 20th, 2018