IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art

IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art

Friday, March 3rd, 2017 2:08am CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 28,443

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Via the Twitter account of Alex Milne, fan-favourite artist on More Than Meets the Eye and general Transformers works for IDW and more, we have a look at a variant cover, with colours by Josh Perez, for the fourth issue of Transformers: Lost Light, featuring the Functionists, Terminus, and Megatron - oh, and the Matrix. Check it out!

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne/Josh Perez Variant Cover Art

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne/Josh Perez Variant Cover Art

Credit(s): Alex Milne


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864066)
Posted by Big Grim on March 3rd, 2017 @ 6:12am CST
That's a gorgeous cover!
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864138)
Posted by snavej on March 3rd, 2017 @ 2:52pm CST
Howdy doody, it's 'Mean' and 'Moody', standing on the Disco Ball of Destiny! :-D
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864145)
Posted by ebo716 on March 3rd, 2017 @ 3:30pm CST
One thing I have never been a fan of on megatron's design is the chest hair/ swirly things on his chest
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864146)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on March 3rd, 2017 @ 3:32pm CST
ebo716 wrote:One thing I have never been a fan of on megatron's design is the chest hair/ swirly things on his chest

Yeah, same, but it kinda works with this design. Still, where did that start?
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864147)
Posted by deliciouspeter on March 3rd, 2017 @ 3:32pm CST
Megatron has gone through some miner changes.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864148)
Posted by ebo716 on March 3rd, 2017 @ 3:35pm CST
Sigma Magnus wrote:
ebo716 wrote:One thing I have never been a fan of on megatron's design is the chest hair/ swirly things on his chest

Yeah, same, but it kinda works with this design. Still, where did that start?

It looks like it started on the g1 toy
IMG_0446.PNG
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864150)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on March 3rd, 2017 @ 3:40pm CST
ebo716 wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:
ebo716 wrote:One thing I have never been a fan of on megatron's design is the chest hair/ swirly things on his chest

Yeah, same, but it kinda works with this design. Still, where did that start?

It looks like it started on the g1 toy

Ah, right, forgot about that. I'm assuming those were meant for the gun mode. If so, I wonder why those guns had that pattern...
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864152)
Posted by Nexus Knight on March 3rd, 2017 @ 3:49pm CST
Is it just me or does that cover remind anyone of Star Trek VI? It looks like that scene with Kirk and McCoy on the rising podium into the Klingon Supreme Court.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864199)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 3rd, 2017 @ 10:17pm CST
That is a gorgeous cover! The matrix making its mark here, hmm...
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864229)
Posted by Kurona on March 4th, 2017 @ 2:56am CST
Anyone else starting to get the theory that the main universe's Matrix will stay with Optimus and that the Functionist Universe's Matrix will choose Megatron?
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864232)
Posted by WreckerJack on March 4th, 2017 @ 4:02am CST
Sigma Magnus wrote:
ebo716 wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:
ebo716 wrote:One thing I have never been a fan of on megatron's design is the chest hair/ swirly things on his chest

Yeah, same, but it kinda works with this design. Still, where did that start?

It looks like it started on the g1 toy

Ah, right, forgot about that. I'm assuming those were meant for the gun mode. If so, I wonder why those guns had that pattern...

Megatron is a Walther P38. While I can't find any pics of the Walther P38 done with those designs (or really any with designs) I do know that some Walther PPK models do feature some etching.

https://thearmsguide.com/5941/guns-movies-walther-ppk/

From what I know about the Walther P38 it was a gun used by the Germans in WWII. I think the designers wanted to make it look more interesting instead of just a flat metallic. Plus the fact that it does not feature a scope or stock like the cartoon does I think they were just trying to make it look cool and perhaps a touch unrealistic.

I wasn't around in the 80's but I do remember people in the 90's getting upset about toy cap guns. (I had a whole collection but I remember my Dad lecturing me about not pointing them at people and never to bring them to school.) Maybe it's fair to say that the sticker and etching makes Megatron look a little more like a toy in gun mode.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864239)
Posted by MrBlack on March 4th, 2017 @ 5:14am CST
WreckerJack wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:
ebo716 wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:
ebo716 wrote:One thing I have never been a fan of on megatron's design is the chest hair/ swirly things on his chest

Yeah, same, but it kinda works with this design. Still, where did that start?

It looks like it started on the g1 toy

Ah, right, forgot about that. I'm assuming those were meant for the gun mode. If so, I wonder why those guns had that pattern...

Megatron is a Walther P38. While I can't find any pics of the Walther P38 done with those designs (or really any with designs) I do know that some Walther PPK models do feature some etching.

https://thearmsguide.com/5941/guns-movies-walther-ppk/

From what I know about the Walther P38 it was a gun used by the Germans in WWII. I think the designers wanted to make it look more interesting instead of just a flat metallic. Plus the fact that it does not feature a scope or stock like the cartoon does I think they were just trying to make it look cool and perhaps a touch unrealistic.

I wasn't around in the 80's but I do remember people in the 90's getting upset about toy cap guns. (I had a whole collection but I remember my Dad lecturing me about not pointing them at people and never to bring them to school.) Maybe it's fair to say that the sticker and etching makes Megatron look a little more like a toy in gun mode.

The reason for the additional accessories is because the toy was based on the gun from The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Image
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864266)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 4th, 2017 @ 3:24pm CST
Kurona wrote:Anyone else starting to get the theory that the main universe's Matrix will stay with Optimus and that the Functionist Universe's Matrix will choose Megatron?

Would've made sense had he won the fan vote thingamabob.

It's possible... but not likely to me.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864610)
Posted by Va'al on March 6th, 2017 @ 5:41am CST
As mentioned here, E.J. Su returns to IDW's Transformers comics covers, with an interlocking variant featuring both Optimus Prime and Megatron - with the latter adorning the cover of Lost Light #4. We've mirrored it below from Previews World, for your viewing convenience!

RODIMUS, MEGATRON and the exiled crew of the Lost Light realise that there's only one thing they need to do before they can resume their quest. Unfortunately, that thing is "save the world." Can the AUTOBOTS overcome the odds and save the day? To be honest, probably not.


Image
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864736)
Posted by BumbIebee on March 6th, 2017 @ 1:57pm CST
Infiltration references; nice! :lol:
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864884)
Posted by Big Grim on March 7th, 2017 @ 5:23am CST
That is a nice updated look there. The fella seems to have come on leaps and bounds in the god knows how many years IDW TF comics have been on the go now.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864890)
Posted by Kurona on March 7th, 2017 @ 5:41am CST
His art was pretty great for the time and the sort of book the Furman era was and it's nice to see he's only improved.

Only real problem is how the cover looks without the context of the other ongoing. Prime's arm just coming out of nowhere off-screen with the express intent of choking Megsy :lol:

Big Grim wrote:That is a nice updated look there. The fella seems to have come on leaps and bounds in the god knows how many years IDW TF comics have been on the go now.

Over 10 years. It makes me really happy to know that IDW just beats out the movies as the longest ongoing, active fiction the franchise has ever had, even if that does include AHM and the Costa era.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864894)
Posted by Big Grim on March 7th, 2017 @ 6:59am CST
Kurona wrote:Over 10 years. It makes me really happy to know that IDW just beats out the movies as the longest ongoing, active fiction the franchise has ever had, even if that does include AHM and the Costa era.

Over 10 years. Good grief Charlie Brown. I know I'm getting old but that is kinda nuts! (Peanuts?)

I wholeheartedly agree with you on the IDW Vs Movie ongoing record. Not all of it has been great but in my opinion, with the three ongoings we have now, we really are in something of a Golden Age of TF comics.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864895)
Posted by Kurona on March 7th, 2017 @ 7:10am CST
Big Grim wrote:
Kurona wrote:Over 10 years. It makes me really happy to know that IDW just beats out the movies as the longest ongoing, active fiction the franchise has ever had, even if that does include AHM and the Costa era.

Over 10 years. Good grief Charlie Brown. I know I'm getting old but that is kinda nuts! (Peanuts?)

I wholeheartedly agree with you on the IDW Vs Movie ongoing record. Not all of it has been great but in my opinion, with the three ongoings we have now, we really are in something of a Golden Age of TF comics.

Definitely. I know a lot of people'll disagree; but in my opinion, DOOP-onwards IDW is the apex of Transformers fiction. It's certainly had some bumps - especially the crossovers; dear lord Revolution - but I simply find modern IDW the best Transformers has ever been. And hey, doesn't hurt that Furman gave the continuity a solid foundation for the most part.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #4 Alex Milne / Josh Perez Variant Cover Art (1864911)
Posted by Va'al on March 7th, 2017 @ 7:53am CST
Kurona wrote:
Big Grim wrote:
Kurona wrote:Over 10 years. It makes me really happy to know that IDW just beats out the movies as the longest ongoing, active fiction the franchise has ever had, even if that does include AHM and the Costa era.

Over 10 years. Good grief Charlie Brown. I know I'm getting old but that is kinda nuts! (Peanuts?)

I wholeheartedly agree with you on the IDW Vs Movie ongoing record. Not all of it has been great but in my opinion, with the three ongoings we have now, we really are in something of a Golden Age of TF comics.

Definitely. I know a lot of people'll disagree; but in my opinion, DOOP-onwards IDW is the apex of Transformers fiction. It's certainly had some bumps - especially the crossovers; dear lord Revolution - but I simply find modern IDW the best Transformers has ever been. And hey, doesn't hurt that Furman gave the continuity a solid foundation for the most part.



Y'know, I need to get back to that Revisit-ation piece I started years ago.. :-?

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Titan Scorponok MISB in stock now" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon New In Box MISB" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Generations TITANS RETURN Leader Class DECEPTICON OVERLORD" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Autobot HOT ROD & Firedrive Deluxe Class - BRAND NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dinobot Adventures Dinobot Squad Grimlock Dinobot Snarl and Pred..." on EBAY
Buy "SLUG Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Deluxe Dinobot Hasbro 2021 New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Unite Warriors UW-08 COMPUTRON w/ Perf. Effect Upgrade & Coll. Coin" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Decepticon Overlord Loose Complete" on EBAY