IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne

IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne

Friday, May 5th, 2017 5:56pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 18,099

On his Twitter account, comic artist and More Than Meets The Eye regular Alex Milne has tweeted his cover for Lost Light #6, set to release next month as the conclusion to the Dissolution storyline. Check out the cover and the inked version below!

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1879564)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on May 5th, 2017 @ 6:05pm CDT
Whilst it's obviously a very busy (and gorgeously detailed) pile of gears, I don't count more than twelve of individual faces or pairs of hands.
...have we just had our first look at the (partially transformed) key to vector sigma?
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1879571)
Posted by SureShot18 on May 5th, 2017 @ 6:22pm CDT
That cover. =P~
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1879583)
Posted by griftimus prime on May 5th, 2017 @ 7:44pm CDT
aside from the overly human looking face. this is a very awesome.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1879590)
Posted by bodrock on May 5th, 2017 @ 8:48pm CDT
Can't wait to read this next week!! LOVE dat cover.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1879601)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on May 5th, 2017 @ 11:25pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:aside from the overly human looking face. this is a very awesome.

Lol, the only reason I came here was to say that Megatron and I have the same nose. 8-)
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1879619)
Posted by Kurona on May 6th, 2017 @ 4:59am CDT
Iiiiit's coming~

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1879845)
Posted by Va'al on May 7th, 2017 @ 8:49am CDT
Deheheheh Josh Perez goin G2.

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1879890)
Posted by bodrock on May 7th, 2017 @ 12:06pm CDT
*DIES FROM AWESOMENESS *
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1880031)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 7th, 2017 @ 10:14pm CDT
Needs more purple and rail gun
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1880111)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 8th, 2017 @ 7:30am CDT
G2. Always a good decision.

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1880164)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 8th, 2017 @ 11:31am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:So the 1st story arc of Lost Light is about to come to a close. Has it met your expectations?

For me, no. It's felt subpar and I haven't really gotten into it. I'll read through the story once or twice, but that's it, just wait for the next one. OP and TAAO: I'll read through them multiple times over the course of many days. Those 2 books are just far more interesting right now, and Lost Light it feels just hasn't found the bite for me yet
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1880167)
Posted by Kurona on May 8th, 2017 @ 11:39am CDT
My feelings on it are... a bit over the place, and I think I'll only really be able to sum up how I feel when we get Issue 6 next month. I agree with Scotty in that it's definitely an arc that feels like it has to be read back-to-back in a row, issue by issue doesn't quite work. I'll have to re-read it soon.

Even aside from that though there's been some great character moments. We're continuing Megatron's dilemma, I've been loving Anode; and of course we really can't not mention Brainstorm and Nightbeat squeeing.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1880187)
Posted by ScottyP on May 8th, 2017 @ 12:29pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:G2. Always a good decision.

It's written as a trade and that'd be more OK with me if Dying of the Light, Titans Return, All Hail Optimus, and New Cybertron weren't also the same way. I'm kinda looking forward to the upcoming stretches of standalone stories and two parters/etc. Those are the bricks that make it all work and let creativity really flourish when it comes time to unveil the house that they've built, and right now this parade of homes is starting to get too long.

I love having three good ongoings but when they're all in full-on trade paperback epic longer form story arc mode for 12 months+, it starts to make you miss, say, Spotlights.

Edit: to actually answer your question, I don't know. Because it's written as this six issue story, I feel like I need all six to appropriately judge its merit. :stares at unfinished review for 5, wondering how to not make the last part a copy/paste of 4's review:
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1880319)
Posted by Va'al on May 8th, 2017 @ 7:26pm CDT
Out this week from IDW Publishing is a new chapter in the Transformers: Lost Light ongoing comics series, with issue #5! The book is released on Wednesday, and we will have a Seibertron.com review ready for you after then, so check back for thoughts and conversation in the Energon Pub!

Transformers: Lost Light #5
James Roberts (w) • Jack Lawrence (a & c)
It's TEAM RODIMUS versus a universe gone wrong! An alternate Cybertron is being torn apart as the malevolent Functionist Council implement a plan that's been millions of years in the making. But with victory within their reach, they find themselves up against someone who really shouldn't exist: MEGATRON.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Bullet points:
The end times are here for the crew of the Lost Light!
Variant cover by Jin Kim!

Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1880324)
Posted by MrBlack on May 8th, 2017 @ 8:23pm CDT
Jack Lawrence has been improving considerably through this arc, and these pages looks really great. Really looking forward to this issue.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1880338)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 8th, 2017 @ 9:28pm CDT
Anyone else notice the large amount of FoC Shockwave alt modes?
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1880344)
Posted by Diaboragon on May 8th, 2017 @ 9:38pm CDT
God I hate when the story focuses on Rung. He's such an intrusive OC.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1880400)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 9th, 2017 @ 6:42am CDT
Diaboragon wrote:God I hate when the story focuses on Rung. He's such an intrusive OC.
Agreed. Rung sux.
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1880406)
Posted by Va'al on May 9th, 2017 @ 7:57am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Agreed. Rung sux.

I think you'll find you're all wrung. [-(
Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 cover by Alex Milne (1880408)
Posted by Big Grim on May 9th, 2017 @ 8:05am CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:G2. Always a good decision.

I came to say this basically. Now I don't need to! Awesome! While there has been gold (like the aforementioned squeeing of Brainstorm and Nightbeat. And the fact we see Nightbeat driving around the walls in his excitement!) I'm ready for a few smaller arcs. I enjoyed the issues of dancing and personality parasites, the Scavengers and the like. Fun little breathers. And yes, I wanna know what's happening on the Lost Light.

The preview looks good and I daresay that's Megatron co-ordinating the attack and being a military genius. And Rung rocks.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G.I. Joe Sky Striker Starscream Cobra Commander 2011 SDCC Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Deluxe Class COG - WEAPONIZER! Complete." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron SIEGE Firedrive WFC-S1" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron SIEGE Roadhandler & Swindler WFC-S4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Pteraxadon Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Springer" on EBAY