IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25

IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25

Sunday, March 25th, 2018 12:16pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 13,405

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Remember how it was confirmed by James Roberts that Lost Light would run through issue 25? Well, it appears as though while this will remain true, the assumption made that the series would run one comic a month through December has been debunked.

Thanks to Roberts via Twitter, we have news that the plan has shifted somewhat, with the issues of Lost Light now set to come out on a bi-weekly schedule until issue 25. This has been seen in the recent several weeks, with 4 issues of Lost Light coming out in relatively short order, and this new bi-weekly schedule will continue on into the summer. Roberts says this new schedule is set up so that Lost Light 25, Optimus Prime 25, and Unicron issue 6 all hit at the same time, seemingly to act as the bookend to the current IDW transformers run this summer.

With this in mind, we have not gotten any confirmation that Optimus Prime will shift to a bi-weekly schedule yet, but as per the June Solicitations, June will be the month where Lost Light should catch back up to Optimus Prime, so it's possible that both will then start the bi-weekly schedule side by side starting in July and ending in September alongside the Unicron story.

What do you think of this new bi-weekly schedule? What are your thoughts on the uncertainty surrounding the series after Unicron's ending? Let us know in the comments section below!

Transformers News: Re: IDW Transformers: Lost Light Ongoing Discussion Thread

Credit(s): James Roberts on Twitter


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948206)
Posted by YoungPrime on March 25th, 2018 @ 1:31pm CDT
Reading LL at least twice a month is good news. OP has been hit or miss so I don't really care who that releases. Especially with Bumblebee pointlessly returning.

I'd rather see Kup, Sideswipe, Shockwave, Galvatron or more than 20 other characters return.
Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948211)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 25th, 2018 @ 1:35pm CDT
Certainly Galvatron. That was one of the most pathetic and anti-climatic deaths I've seen.
Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948238)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 25th, 2018 @ 3:20pm CDT
I wouldn't expect galvy back till after the unicron event (or perhaps during if galvy becomes a herald)
Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948239)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 25th, 2018 @ 3:21pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I wouldn't expect galvy back till after the unicron event (or perhaps during if galvy becomes a herald)



Hopefully if he does come back, under a better writer, he won't talk like Abe Simpson :roll:
Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948241)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 25th, 2018 @ 3:28pm CDT
You have a problem with barber? I didn't mind the way he talked, we've only really had two takes on him before, and one of them was done by the same one who started him off for idw! Also in idw terms he's ancient, fighting with the primes. He likes to be a bit theatrical.
Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948243)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 25th, 2018 @ 3:32pm CDT
I didn't know who specifically wrote that dialogue and I don't really care. From his Spotlight to Infestation/Heart of Darkness to CHAOS, he had a distinct voice.. which doesn't mesh with Abe Simpsontron
Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948244)
Posted by Randomhero on March 25th, 2018 @ 3:37pm CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Certainly Galvatron. That was one of the most pathetic and anti-climatic deaths I've seen.


No burying him under an iceberg with the power of friendship is one of the most pathetic and anti-climactic deaths ever. :roll:
Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948246)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on March 25th, 2018 @ 3:40pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Certainly Galvatron. That was one of the most pathetic and anti-climatic deaths I've seen.


No burying him under an iceberg with the power of friendship is one of the most pathetic and anti-climactic deaths ever. :roll:


:lol: :BOWDOWN: Touché
Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948256)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 25th, 2018 @ 4:15pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Certainly Galvatron. That was one of the most pathetic and anti-climatic deaths I've seen.


No burying him under an iceberg with the power of friendship is one of the most pathetic and anti-climactic deaths ever. :roll:

Hah! Nicely done

I've never had a problem with it but I'm quite used to tropes that crop up in Japanese media (I've read all of fairy tail where the power of friendship happened multiple times every story arc, and it's climax was the biggest power of friendship I've ever seen) so I'm more forgiving with things like that.
Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948277)
Posted by Galactic Prime on March 25th, 2018 @ 6:05pm CDT
Blah who cares, the sooner this crap ends and they reboot the better, then they can get back to Autobots being Autobots and Decepticons being Decepticons and them actually FIGHTING a war
Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948284)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 25th, 2018 @ 6:24pm CDT
So the war is never allowed to end then? How boring.

Wait, you say you dislike idw but if that's your request for what the comics should be then surely you shouldn't have had a problem with the early idw stuff when the war was active.
Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948288)
Posted by Galactic Prime on March 25th, 2018 @ 6:51pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:So the war is never allowed to end then? How boring.

Wait, you say you dislike idw but if that's your request for what the comics should be then surely you shouldn't have had a problem with the early idw stuff when the war was active.


Unfortunately the early stuff was written by Simon Furman (who sucks) and E.J. Su who drew the crappiest looking TFs ever. So no, I wasn't particularly fond of it, but some of it was better. All Hail Megatron wasn't bad.
Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948327)
Posted by Ratbat on March 26th, 2018 @ 1:02am CDT
Galactic Prime wrote:Unfortunately the early stuff was written by Simon Furman (who sucks) and E.J. Su who drew the crappiest looking TFs ever. So no, I wasn't particularly fond of it, but some of it was better. All Hail Megatron wasn't bad.


Frankly, I love Simon Furman's Transformers stories published by IDW: Infiltration, Stormbringer, Escalation, Devastation, Revelation (aka Transformers Spotlight Volume 4), early Transformers Spotlights (generally written by Furman), etc.

Since 2010, I have generally avoided IDW's Transformers stories not written by Furman.

Of course, I enjoyed the short-lived Transformers: Regeneration One (2012-2014) series.
Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948340)
Posted by partholon on March 26th, 2018 @ 3:07am CDT
So no power of the primes story and now lost light is bí weekly ( that won't affect art quality AT ALL)

YUP

They've deffo lost the licence. I wouldn't be surprised if Ryall walking was the price to have time to wrap things up.
Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948341)
Posted by partholon on March 26th, 2018 @ 3:16am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:So the war is never allowed to end then? How boring.

Wait, you say you dislike idw but if that's your request for what the comics should be then surely you shouldn't have had a problem with the early idw stuff when the war was active.


If you find the central premise of transformers boring maybe you shouldn't be reading transformers?

Cause batman giving up fighting crime, the xmen living happily with humans?

These might sound like great ideas to you but it's the opposite of what the audience came to see, it's why tens of thousands aren't buying the book and why eventually your company will go bust.
Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948349)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 26th, 2018 @ 5:32am CDT
Actually I would say the central premise of transformers are toy robots that turn into other things. The war was a backstop you created so they had a villain to fight and more toys to tell. Here's the thing though, now the comics aren't really there to sell the toys (well they shouldn't but some questionable choices of characters appearing when they had a thrilling 30 toy out was clear that hasbro thought there was a connection. I don't think the evidence bore that out)

Also those examples? Not really applicable really since both started out solely as comics and a few decades before diaclone and microman were a thing but let's just focus on tfs. Not to mention xmen and batman have a large cast of rotating villains and interactions with the world around them. More and more I'm hearing people who just want the sunbrow cartoon as a comic, we can have so much more than that, we don't need these stories to do something that already exists (you still have the g1 toon, the takara series, the marvel comics original series, every new cartoon continuity that comes out) I don't see why comics should do what all if them are already doing.

Now as for idw having lost the licence...where's the evidence? I mean I want evidence that hasbro is separating the licence from the rest of their comics, evidence they are having companies bid for it? All I see is evidence of a reboot (soft or hard remains to be seen, event hyperbole makes it harder to see the real picture). All you have is conjecture, I think that idw will be keeping the licence , after all they have a close bond with hasbro now. In fact I tend to think the opposite, I think that hasbro will eventually buy idw so they have a in-house publisher...right before Disney buy them :-P

As for sales numbers of issues, does that include online reading through apps like comixology and the like? I know there's a few on here who read only digital. Also there's plenty of other ongoings from publishers that aren't DC, Image or Marvel that hit similar figures or less. Sometimes I think people are expecting tf comics to fly off the shelves the way batman or spiderman does.
Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948387)
Posted by Galactic Prime on March 26th, 2018 @ 9:25am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Actually I would say the central premise of transformers are toy robots that turn into other things. The war was a backstop you created so they had a villain to fight and more toys to tell. Here's the thing though, now the comics aren't really there to sell the toys (well they shouldn't but some questionable choices of characters appearing when they had a thrilling 30 toy out was clear that hasbro thought there was a connection. I don't think the evidence bore that out)

Also those examples? Not really applicable really since both started out solely as comics and a few decades before diaclone and microman were a thing but let's just focus on tfs. Not to mention xmen and batman have a large cast of rotating villains and interactions with the world around them. More and more I'm hearing people who just want the sunbrow cartoon as a comic, we can have so much more than that, we don't need these stories to do something that already exists (you still have the g1 toon, the takara series, the marvel comics original series, every new cartoon continuity that comes out) I don't see why comics should do what all if them are already doing.

Now as for idw having lost the licence...where's the evidence? I mean I want evidence that hasbro is separating the licence from the rest of their comics, evidence they are having companies bid for it? All I see is evidence of a reboot (soft or hard remains to be seen, event hyperbole makes it harder to see the real picture). All you have is conjecture, I think that idw will be keeping the licence , after all they have a close bond with hasbro now. In fact I tend to think the opposite, I think that hasbro will eventually buy idw so they have a in-house publisher...right before Disney buy them :-P

As for sales numbers of issues, does that include online reading through apps like comixology and the like? I know there's a few on here who read only digital. Also there's plenty of other ongoings from publishers that aren't DC, Image or Marvel that hit similar figures or less. Sometimes I think people are expecting tf comics to fly off the shelves the way batman or spiderman does.


Just because you don't agree with his other examples doesn't mean they don't apply, they do. The story of the Transformers is war between 2 factions of robots in disguise.

Their sales speak volumes about what they've done to the comics and how crappy they've become. They dropped like 90% in sales, what does that tell you? I know what it tells me, it tells me people aren't buying them. Generally when people stop buying a comic it's because it's garbage. Not everyone who hates a comic keeps buying it in hopes it will get better (like I do).

As for them losing the license or not, who knows but a flat out complete reboot is what they need.
Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948388)
Posted by Galactic Prime on March 26th, 2018 @ 9:25am CDT
Ratbat wrote:
Galactic Prime wrote:Unfortunately the early stuff was written by Simon Furman (who sucks) and E.J. Su who drew the crappiest looking TFs ever. So no, I wasn't particularly fond of it, but some of it was better. All Hail Megatron wasn't bad.


Frankly, I love Simon Furman's Transformers stories published by IDW: Infiltration, Stormbringer, Escalation, Devastation, Revelation (aka Transformers Spotlight Volume 4), early Transformers Spotlights (generally written by Furman), etc.

Since 2010, I have generally avoided IDW's Transformers stories not written by Furman.

Of course, I enjoyed the short-lived Transformers: Regeneration One (2012-2014) series.


I enjoyed Stormbringer as well, I also liked The War Within that Simon wrote for Dreamwave.
Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948408)
Posted by Ratbat on March 26th, 2018 @ 10:20am CDT
I also liked Transformers: Deviations, as well. I have both editions thereof.
Re: IDW Transformers Lost Light to run Bi-Weekly Till Issue 25 (1948419)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 26th, 2018 @ 11:18am CDT
Deviations...oh that was the what if wasn't it?

As I said before, the main thing is that transformers are a toy where a robot changes to something else (in some cases they do not but outside of statues, we've gotten better about not doing that). The war is background fluff. The central idea wasn't "I want a story about two factions going to war!" But more "look here's these Japanese toys...let's market the heck out of them for kids!"

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Titan Scorponok MISB in stock now" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon New In Box MISB" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Generations TITANS RETURN Leader Class DECEPTICON OVERLORD" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Autobot HOT ROD & Firedrive Deluxe Class - BRAND NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Autobot Blurr Car Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dinobot Adventures Dinobot Squad Grimlock Dinobot Snarl and Pred..." on EBAY
Buy "SLUG Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Deluxe Dinobot Hasbro 2021 New" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Decepticon Overlord Loose Complete" on EBAY