IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne

Tuesday, November 4th, 2014 3:31am CST

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 44,158

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow Seibertron.com user SW's SilverHammer spotted some Alex Milne tweets showing off the artist's contributions to Trasformers: MTMTE #34 - namely, character designs for Froid and Terminus, respectively the chief psychologist and Megatron's mentor. Check them out mirrored below!


"Here is one of my contributions to issue 34 of MTMTE. I was in a tf prime mood when designing him."


Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne


"My other contribution to MTMTE 34 is this he's supposed to have a lot of similarities to megatron"


Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne

Credit(s): Alex Milne


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1619534)
Posted by Va'al on November 4th, 2014 @ 4:03am CST
Of course, Burcham had fun with it. :D

Image
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1619585)
Posted by Deathsanras on November 4th, 2014 @ 10:38am CST
Wait... Froid... as in Freud?
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1619592)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on November 4th, 2014 @ 10:51am CST
Deathsanras wrote:Wait... Froid... as in Freud?


Yup, as in Freud, dude.

Image
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1619604)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on November 4th, 2014 @ 11:43am CST
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
Deathsanras wrote:Wait... Froid... as in Freud?


Yup, as in Freud, dude.

Image


The resemblance is uncanny.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1619606)
Posted by Shuttershock on November 4th, 2014 @ 12:03pm CST
Deathsanras wrote:Wait... Froid... as in Freud?


Yup, and it gets better. Rung is named for Carl Jung, another psychotherapist.

Bless you, James Roberts.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1619650)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on November 4th, 2014 @ 4:27pm CST
"I hate to disappoint you Rung, but sometimes a fusion cannon is just fusion cannon"

(First thing that popped to my mind when Froid was introduced, yes I know that it was Froid was no where near the scene but... still. It's a Freudian thing to say.)

I didn't make the connection between Rung and Jung though... I feel silly.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1619653)
Posted by Shuttershock on November 4th, 2014 @ 4:40pm CST
ctrlFrequency wrote:"I hate to disappoint you Rung, but sometimes a fusion cannon is just fusion cannon"

(First thing that popped to my mind when Froid was introduced, yes I know that it was Froid was no where near the scene but... still. It's a Freudian thing to say.)

I didn't make the connection between Rung and Jung though... I feel silly.


"You say that you see a fusion cannon? Interesting...". *scribble scribble*
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1620126)
Posted by cybercat on November 6th, 2014 @ 5:58pm CST
John Stamoist wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:
1984forever wrote:
I love Brainstorm as a Decepticon agent. I'm happy to see that there is at least one AUTObot jet that took a look at his alt-mode and said "hey, I don't turn into a car, so why am I wearing an AUTObot symbol? I'm supposed to be a Decepticon!"



Here's the thing.

We don't know that Brainstorm is a Decepticon. Inside his face plate was a Decepticon symbol painted on, but we don't know the reason why it's there. It could be a million different reasons. A reminder (former Decepticon turned Autobot, the painted on symbol could be a reminder to not go back), he's a spy, he's on the fence, the DJD did it as a mark (it was painted on after all), he has a cerebo shell in his head and he didn't even know he had a symbol in his mask, he's a double agent, his faceplate came from a friend who was killed by Decepticons and he has a huge grudge, he has a really twisted sense of humor, someone else put it in there and he never knew it.
All of those are as probable as him being a Decepticon agent.
So please don't say with absolute certainty that Brainstorm is in fact a Decepticon. We don't know.

Not all Autobots are land vehicles, not all Decepticons are air vehicles. Not even in G1 were all the Autobots land vehicles and all the Decepticon Air Vehicles. Megatron was a gun, as was Shockwave, Soundwave a mini cassette player, Reflector a camera, then came aerialbots, constructicons, Stunticons, Blaster, Perceptor, Jetfire, etc. It's a faction not form.


Exactly, it could be all misdirection for who the real traitor is on the Lost Light. The most peculiar part is why Brainstorm chose to go back in time now, not this whole time he had the suitcase. People said the suitcase from the other Lost Light survived because he loves it so much, or because it's a entirely different suitcase. I think maybe he was developing the device this whole time. So on the other Lost Light the device was never completed and the suitcase was always empty, that's why it survived. Any of these is possible, just a matter of what direction they want to go. The info for next issue is weird though, them saying there's no hate or any of that so why is there a problem. Not sure if this is connected to Brainstorm, or if it alludes to the DJD coming back to speak with First Aid and them.


I like these theories. I'm not gonna spoiler mine because a) I ain't cool enough like y'all and b) I'm probably wrong so it's like more of a red herring than a spoiler.

BUT, my theory is TC is Agent 113. And maybe he got buuuuuusted. And that was why he decided to stay even after First Aid noped out.

CC, all my herrings are red.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1621317)
Posted by Flashwave on November 12th, 2014 @ 1:25am CST
John Stamoist wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:
1984forever wrote:
I love Brainstorm as a Decepticon agent. I'm happy to see that there is at least one AUTObot jet that took a look at his alt-mode and said "hey, I don't turn into a car, so why am I wearing an AUTObot symbol? I'm supposed to be a Decepticon!"



Here's the thing.

We don't know that Brainstorm is a Decepticon. Inside his face plate was a Decepticon symbol painted on, but we don't know the reason why it's there. It could be a million different reasons. A reminder (former Decepticon turned Autobot, the painted on symbol could be a reminder to not go back), he's a spy, he's on the fence, the DJD did it as a mark (it was painted on after all), he has a cerebo shell in his head and he didn't even know he had a symbol in his mask, he's a double agent, his faceplate came from a friend who was killed by Decepticons and he has a huge grudge, he has a really twisted sense of humor, someone else put it in there and he never knew it.
All of those are as probable as him being a Decepticon agent.
So please don't say with absolute certainty that Brainstorm is in fact a Decepticon. We don't know.

Not all Autobots are land vehicles, not all Decepticons are air vehicles. Not even in G1 were all the Autobots land vehicles and all the Decepticon Air Vehicles. Megatron was a gun, as was Shockwave, Soundwave a mini cassette player, Reflector a camera, then came aerialbots, constructicons, Stunticons, Blaster, Perceptor, Jetfire, etc. It's a faction not form.


Exactly, it could be all misdirection for who the real traitor is on the Lost Light. The most peculiar part is why Brainstorm chose to go back in time now, not this whole time he had the suitcase. People said the suitcase from the other Lost Light survived because he loves it so much, or because it's a entirely different suitcase. I think maybe he was developing the device this whole time. So on the other Lost Light the device was never completed and the suitcase was always empty, that's why it survived. Any of these is possible, just a matter of what direction they want to go. The info for next issue is weird though, them saying there's no hate or any of that so why is there a problem. Not sure if this is connected to Brainstorm, or if it alludes to the DJD coming back to speak with First Aid and them.


Wait, I was supposed to get Time Travel out of that last page? Sheesh, I need to do better at reading on a phone...
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1621364)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on November 12th, 2014 @ 7:16am CST
Flashwave wrote:[
Wait, I was supposed to get Time Travel out of that last page? Sheesh, I need to do better at reading on a phone...


I didn't get it either. You're not alone.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1621421)
Posted by Gekas on November 12th, 2014 @ 1:36pm CST
ctrlFrequency wrote:
Flashwave wrote:[
Wait, I was supposed to get Time Travel out of that last page? Sheesh, I need to do better at reading on a phone...


I didn't get it either. You're not alone.


Neither did I until I read everyone saying it. I had to go back and realize the shuttle launch announcement was during Megatron's past.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1621582)
Posted by DarkEnergon on November 13th, 2014 @ 8:40am CST
Man, I am so confused and intrigued by this arc. I've reread the past three issues, but can't theorize until I think I have a grasp of what's going on! So, please help me make some sense of things...

Confirmed: The events in this issue roughly occur at the same time as the two Lost Light's resolution.

So, whilst Megatron et al are making sense of things up in space, these four are on some planet nosing around.

Is this the same planet next to the Lost Light?

Now, theory time. When the Lost Light was restored, so was the crew. We know that the other Lost Light disappeared, except for Rewind and Brainstorm's briefcase. Is it possible that living beings with sparks perhaps were not canceled out, and is it possible that some of the crew were not killed by the DJD? Any clues to confirm that the four on the planet were not from the other Lost Light? Oh, First Aid, he wasn't with that crew originally. Ok, so they're from "our" crew.

Second, I found it very hard to accept that 5 badass decepticons can take down the whole autobot crew themselves. No sign of corpses from Whirl and several others. (or Trailcutter and Bluestreak and Mainframe, for what it's worth).

So, who f'd up Vos and Kaon?? Did they perhaps flee here after getting injured on the Lost Light?
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1621587)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 13th, 2014 @ 8:51am CST
The planet was the one next to the derelict lost light. They were some of the bots who were on the lost light shuttle that vanished.

The DJD got zapped in a space battle with the galactic council and another I forget the name. And yes, every one aboard the replica lost light was wiped out by the DJD, apart from rewind obviously.

Good thing the DJD killed the other overlord...Otherwise there would of been two of them around!
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1621599)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on November 13th, 2014 @ 9:34am CST
DarkEnergon wrote:Now, theory time. When the Lost Light was restored, so was the crew. We know that the other Lost Light disappeared, except for Rewind and Brainstorm's briefcase. Is it possible that living beings with sparks perhaps were not canceled out, and is it possible that some of the crew were not killed by the DJD? Any clues to confirm that the four on the planet were not from the other Lost Light? Oh, First Aid, he wasn't with that crew originally. Ok, so they're from "our" crew.

Second, I found it very hard to accept that 5 badass decepticons can take down the whole autobot crew themselves. No sign of corpses from Whirl and several others. (or Trailcutter and Bluestreak and Mainframe, for what it's worth).


For the first part of your question.... I guess we'll find out.
In theory, as long as their counterpart is dead, then the copy could still be alive (since Rewind is still alive and the 'original' died when the two continuities started colliding).
As for Brainstorm's briefcase, if the briefcase and it's contents don't match what the 'original' Brainstorm has in his (the time machine) the theory is possible the briefcase could still exist because they're not conflicting with each other.

We're working on the theory that things that weren't there when the engines exploded at launch would then not exist in duplicate (which is why there wasn't a Nautica or Nightbeat corpse). So if one of the briefcases and it's contents are not the same as when the Lost Light launched (or if the contents are physically connected to the briefcase you can say that changes the properties of the briefcase to not the same as it was at launch), it could survive simply because the other is different.
Their whole theory is that two copies can't exist in the same universe if they are near each other, so if something survives the engines being shut down, then it doesn't have a counterpart to cancel out.
(I gotta say, I just love this sort of stuff, the idea of the duplicity and what happens when it meets :) )

And for the second part of your question, though it is possible some of the crew is still alive because we didn't see bodies, Rewind did say that every one was killed, they may not have drawn everybody in the panels because of space.

They also never show Whirl (for example) leaving the Lost Light, we catch glimpses of his avatar, but never him. Not that I noticed at least.
Rewind did say (in #33) that the DJD used him to film the entire massacre and he says "When the finished killing the rest of the crew", so we can assume the entire crew died because Rewind stated it, though, you know, nothing is for certain.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1621676)
Posted by Gekas on November 13th, 2014 @ 12:51pm CST
ctrlFrequency wrote:
DarkEnergon wrote:
Second, I found it very hard to accept that 5 badass decepticons can take down the whole autobot crew themselves. No sign of corpses from Whirl and several others. (or Trailcutter and Bluestreak and Mainframe, for what it's worth).



And for the second part of your question, though it is possible some of the crew is still alive because we didn't see bodies, Rewind did say that every one was killed, they may not have drawn everybody in the panels because of space.

They also never show Whirl (for example) leaving the Lost Light, we catch glimpses of his avatar, but never him. Not that I noticed at least.
Rewind did say (in #33) that the DJD used him to film the entire massacre and he says "When the finished killing the rest of the crew", so we can assume the entire crew died because Rewind stated it, though, you know, nothing is for certain.


I agree with you DarkEnergon, it's utterly pathetic that 5 Decepticons took out ALL OF THE LOST LIGHT. Like if all 5 were Overlord level then yeah, I could buy it, but none of them is stronger than Overlord.

So how is it that 20+ Autobots can't even scratch the DJD? Ultra Magnus, Cyclonus, Whirl, Trailcutter and Drift should all be able to make at least a dent/scratch on them. Maybe they lost their fighting spirit when Rodimus died? It doesn't make sense to me, I mean half the Autobots Transformed to be executed, something is amiss here.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1621678)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 13th, 2014 @ 12:57pm CST
Considering that everyone was scared of the DJD it's quite easy to believe. I mean they were after overlord, that says everything. The DJD are quite the bogeymen of this series. I really don't think there was anything more to this then we've seen.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1621692)
Posted by Gekas on November 13th, 2014 @ 1:51pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Considering that everyone was scared of the DJD it's quite easy to believe. I mean they were after overlord, that says everything. The DJD are quite the bogeymen of this series. I really don't think there was anything more to this then we've seen.


Then by your logic the Wreckers should be pretty much overpowered as shit. But they weren't, and they still went after Overlord.

Think about it, you outnumber your enemy 5 to 1, you have some strong Autobots on board, from there the hatred of the DJD should play a part as well, leading the Autobots to slaughtering the DJD. They aren't Gundams, they can't diffuse beam weapons or any of that nonsense. I mean look at how Drift and Ratchet were killed, as if they were just sitting down letting the DJD impale them with Drift's swords.

The briefcase was empty, it could have contained a weapon that demoralizes everyone or causes them to be paralyzed. Transforming to be sacrificed is another red flag, why the hell weren't they with the others fighting the DJD? All those alt modes still outnumbered the DJD, are you really telling me their fear caused them to stand still and get killed? A couple scratches should have been left on them minimum. I mean you have Whirl and Cyclonus on board, those guys should have been able to kill a member of the DJD, let alone at least scratch them.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1621697)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on November 13th, 2014 @ 2:08pm CST
We may never know (I'm guessing we will never know) how the DJD managed to kill everyone. Though there might be able to be something to be said about fear, organization, circumstances.

Everyone is afraid of the DJD, that might have some play. Less seasoned warriors might be too afraid.

The DJD is a well trained, well organized, efficient killing machine. I dout the Lost Light crew was organized.

We don't know what state they were in. The Lost Light we are familiar with began pulling apart and not being normal. Was the second one falling apart too?

And I have to correct my last post because I confused my characters. I mentioned about Whirl not being seen besides his avatar... Wrong Whirl. I was talking about Whirl on Lost Light 1 not Lost Light 2. So disregard what I said there. I was being utterly confused for no good reason.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1621702)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 13th, 2014 @ 2:36pm CST
I was going by the facts we've being given. The wreckers knew they were going on a suicide mission. Overlord was that much of a monster. You may not like it but the DJD wiped everyone out. Rewind never mentioned the crew being demoralised or paralysed.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #34 Froid and Terminus Character Design by Alex Milne (1621707)
Posted by Gekas on November 13th, 2014 @ 2:45pm CST
ctrlFrequency wrote:We may never know (I'm guessing we will never know) how the DJD managed to kill everyone. Though there might be able to be something to be said about fear, organization, circumstances.

Everyone is afraid of the DJD, that might have some play. Less seasoned warriors might be too afraid.

The DJD is a well trained, well organized, efficient killing machine. I dout the Lost Light crew was organized.

We don't know what state they were in. The Lost Light we are familiar with began pulling apart and not being normal. Was the second one falling apart too?

And I have to correct my last post because I confused my characters. I mentioned about Whirl not being seen besides his avatar... Wrong Whirl. I was talking about Whirl on Lost Light 1 not Lost Light 2. So disregard what I said there. I was being utterly confused for no good reason.


I think more than anything the death of Rodimus took a toll on them. Rodimus wouldn't back down if the DJD came on board, he would challenge them. That courage would have lifted the spirits of everyone, making them believe they could defeat the DJD. Since Rodimus is dead, and different events happened to this Lost Light, it's hard to tell why they were so pathetic at fighting back.

What I'm really waiting for is the DJD and Megatron confrontation that will happen. It'll be interesting to see if they will try to kill him, join him(LOL 0% chance of that happening), or ignore him only to be attacked by him and the Lost Light crew.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Outback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Sovereign and Alpha Trion" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Protectobot Hot Spot Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
Twincast / Podcast #267:
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Expanded Universe Botcon 2002 Glyph Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon Europe 2002 Rook Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Takara tomy Trans Formers Transformers Prime First Edition Vehicon" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Side of the Moon Energon  Sword Megatron Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Cloud TFC-A03 Hot Rodimus" on EBAY
Buy "Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG30 Wheelie &Go Shooter Action Figure To..." on EBAY