IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview

Sunday, April 26th, 2015 7:40am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 24,657

Via entertainment and comics website Comic Book Resources, IDW Publishing has released their full preview for this coming week's release of Trasformers: More Than Meets the Eye #40. So why not take a look below and whet your appetite for the weekend? We'll be back with the Seibertron.com review on Wednesday, to give a chance to more people to have read the issue and join in the discussion, as always!

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #40
James Roberts (w) • Brendan Cahill (a) • Alex Milne (c)
Having saved the universe—kind of—the Lost Light crew deal with the fallout in a manner befitting the gravity of the situation. Kind of.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
The march to issue 50 begins here!
The critically acclaimed MTMTE continues its mind-blowing run!
Variant Cover by Brendan Cahill!

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview

Credit(s): IDW, CBR

Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679491)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on April 26th, 2015 @ 8:02am CDT

And Megatron's absent. He's either late or he's recused himself since he's a former Decepticon.
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679506)
Posted by Syn_13 on April 26th, 2015 @ 10:01am CDT
Love the fact that Tailgate still thinks Whirl's name is actually Nutjob.
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679508)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 26th, 2015 @ 10:15am CDT
I can't begin to describe how happy I am that Hasbro hasn't forced the CW commercial onto this title as well.
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679581)
Posted by Inaction on April 26th, 2015 @ 2:54pm CDT
Wow, FINALLY Xaaron gets a chance to have a speaking role and not just be treated as window dressing for a scene. I'd been waiting on that for like ever.
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679606)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 26th, 2015 @ 4:09pm CDT
I like how Brainstorm has his faceplate off and Chromedome is his "Lawyer" so to speak. Pretty cool stuff. :BOT:
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679664)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 26th, 2015 @ 6:18pm CDT
I think I like the retailer incentive cover best.
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679666)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 26th, 2015 @ 6:34pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:I think I like the retailer incentive cover best.

I am inclined to agree. It looks pretty amazing :BOT:
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679691)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 26th, 2015 @ 7:24pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:I think I like the retailer incentive cover best.

I am inclined to agree. It looks pretty amazing :BOT:

That, and it illustrates what Im most interested in: Brainstorms fate.
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679696)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 26th, 2015 @ 7:45pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Optimizzy wrote:I think I like the retailer incentive cover best.

I am inclined to agree. It looks pretty amazing :BOT:

That, and it illustrates what Im most interested in: Brainstorms fate.

With what We've seen in this preview, it will be interesting to see how things go. Brainstorm is one of my favorite characters, so I hope that this turns out good for him and there's a good reason for him to be wearing a decepticon symbol inside his facemask :BOT:
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679738)
Posted by Flashwave on April 26th, 2015 @ 10:18pm CDT
Saw this on the Itunes sneak preview, but gonna mention it here.

1) I love how Tailgate still seems to have avoided looking like his recent toy.
2)I love how Bombshell is retroactively his new CW figure as he's spying on Hunter.

Ain't I a hypocrite?

Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679766)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 27th, 2015 @ 12:29am CDT
Flashwave wrote: I love how Tailgate still seems to have avoided looking like his recent toy.

To be fair, despite the card art, the generations' toy was really just a loose interpretation and approximation for Nick Roche's character design in MTMTE.
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679773)
Posted by Shuttershock on April 27th, 2015 @ 1:16am CDT
BATTLEMASTER IIC wrote:Heh, the room does have a color shade like lilacs! Didn't know Chromedome knew anything about flowers.

That, or he's fetching something appropriate to wear:

Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679791)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on April 27th, 2015 @ 4:56am CDT
The Lost Light: Tis a silly place :lol:
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679806)
Posted by Bleak5170 on April 27th, 2015 @ 8:25am CDT
Flashwave wrote:
I still want to know what's going on with that cover. Ratchet's looking down on his friends from on high, Hot Rod looks forlorn, First Aid is wiping a "tear", Rung is consoling, Nautica is fan--girling, and oh my god is there a lot of emotion in Getaway's face for having no mouth, no nose, indeed no sign of ANYTHING below his eyes, just a solid metal skin.

Totally looks like they're killing off Ratchet to which I say, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!" Considering his demise in the last movie though this isn't completely surprising. I've actually been expecting it.
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679811)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 27th, 2015 @ 8:39am CDT
Have we been told exactly when and at what point during MTMTE that Empire of stone takes place? Or is that non cannon now?
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679812)
Posted by MrBlack on April 27th, 2015 @ 8:45am CDT
Flashwave wrote:I still want to know what's going on with that cover. Ratchet's looking down on his friends from on high, Hot Rod looks forelorn, First Aid is wiping a "tear", Rung is consoling, Nautica is fan--girling, and oh my god is there a lot of emotion in Getaway's face for having no mouth, no nose, indeed no sign of ANYTJING elow his eyes, just a solid metal skin.

My prediction: Ratchet is leaving the Lost Light to go find Drift, another bot he didn't give a proper goodbye to.

Spoilers below for Drift: Empire of Stone

We know that Ratchet leaves the Lost Light at some point to find Drift, and that he ultimately invites Drift to rejoin the Lost Light. Since we haven't seen Ratchet leave the Lost Light, and because Drift isn't on the ship, the events of Empire of Stone must not have happened in MTMTE yet. This issue will show Ratchet leaving the ship to find Drift, and the two will show back up at some point in the future.

Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679821)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 27th, 2015 @ 9:00am CDT
MrBlack wrote:

Spoilers below for Drift: Empire of Stone

That is actually pretty much my bet. The one potential problem I see is with Ratchet and First Aid gone, who is the medical officer on board? :BOT:
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679903)
Posted by MrBlack on April 27th, 2015 @ 1:16pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
MrBlack wrote:

Spoilers below for Drift: Empire of Stone

Whirl gets a promotion after performing life-saving surgery last issue. :lol:
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679923)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 27th, 2015 @ 2:05pm CDT
MrBlack wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
MrBlack wrote:

Spoilers below for Drift: Empire of Stone

Whirl gets a promotion after performing life-saving surgery last issue. :lol:

Problem is: I find that funny and cannot argue any other idea :APPLAUSE: :lol: :BOT:
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Full Preview (1679952)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on April 27th, 2015 @ 3:31pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:Another prediction? Drift and Ratchet meet up with the returning Protectobots post-Combiner Wars, and arrive at the Lost Light just in time to turn the tide against the DJD and Deathsaurus.

I bet Tarn's mask will emote terror all on its own upon the surprise of seeing the Protectobots combining into Defensor :lol:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 THRUST Vintage Generations One 1985- Nosecone defect-" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations FOC Fall Cybertron Deluxe Vortex (Bruticus) 100% Comp" on EBAY
Buy "NEW IN-HAND Transformers Generations Kingdom Ultra Magnus War for Cybertron " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Dinobots Unite - ThunderHowl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG-15 Nightbird Shadow (not Arcee) MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG-12 Windblade MISB (Takara Tomy)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Ultimate Gift Set (Combat Hero Optimus Prime, Jazz)" on EBAY
Buy "2014 Transformers Combiner Wars HUFFER Complete with Cardback and Instructions" on EBAY