IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover

IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover

Thursday, April 9th, 2015 10:51pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 22,925

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover

And remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates!

Credit(s): Brendan Cahill

Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1673393)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 9th, 2015 @ 10:56pm CDT
I really can't wait for them to pick up on the Lost Light story. Now that the DJD are after them, we need to see what happens, mainly what becomes of Brainstorm and how Megatron feels about issue 38. This needs to come out NOW. Me need more MTMTE :BOT:
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1673418)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 9th, 2015 @ 11:47pm CDT
I hate that my comic shop doesn't get the 3rd variant cover.
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1673421)
Posted by sneakycheapy on April 9th, 2015 @ 11:55pm CDT
Is Empire of Stone over? Please let Empire of Stone be over. We need Ratchet.

And Drift. Only Roberts can do Drift the right way.
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1673432)
Posted by steve2275 on April 10th, 2015 @ 12:22am CDT
legundir wrote:Is Empire of Stone over? Please let Empire of Stone be over. We need Ratchet.

And Drift. Only Roberts can do Drift the right way.

its over legundir
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1673479)
Posted by Jeen0808 on April 10th, 2015 @ 4:34am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1673562)
Posted by MrBlack on April 10th, 2015 @ 10:28am CDT
Jeen0808 wrote:I'm a bit confused. Did Ratchet rejoin the Lost Light after Dark Cybertron or is that when he went to go look for Drift?

He was on the Lost Light after Dark Cybertron.

From the regular cover of #40, my guess is that Ratchet leaves to find Drift in that issue, leading to Empire of Stone, which was running ahead of MTMTE.
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1673745)
Posted by ScottyP on April 10th, 2015 @ 10:55pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I hate that my comic shop doesn't get the 3rd variant cover.

Could be worse, mine only gets the Sub covers lately. Somehow. I don't get how that works either.

Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1673754)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 10th, 2015 @ 11:20pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:

H-how, do they do that? I thought it was something like for every 10 or so copies of a comic ordered, there are like 2 subscription covers? That's like saying " its always been me and dad; mom walked out on us before I was born".
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1673794)
Posted by Va'al on April 11th, 2015 @ 4:23am CDT
ScottyP wrote:Dear lord the comic shop market in Raleigh sucks. I can't even sub to stuff because you basically have to be into Marvel or DC to even meet their sub minimums, which excludes anything that could be remotely construed as "not an ongoing".

That sounds like a non-legit practice, to be honest. A subscription minimum? Really? :-?
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1674396)
Posted by padfoo on April 12th, 2015 @ 3:00pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:Thanks to Brendan Cahill on Twitter we get a look at the art for the retailer incentive cover of Transformers More than Meets the Eye #40. The cover features art by Brendan Cahill and colors by Joana Lafuente. Check it out below!

Great cover, the facial features look a bit too organic, but otherwise its great!
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1674764)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 13th, 2015 @ 12:37pm CDT
While I'm eager to learn the fate of brainstorm, I'm far more curious to learn hoe Megatron deals with the fallout.
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1675098)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 14th, 2015 @ 9:25am CDT
Looking over things I don't want deathsarus (really dislike that name, Dezarus may be gibberish translation but it looks better at least) crew to die as there is another two full combiners there waiting in the wings! More fun to be had, especially if they ever introduce their autobot counterparts Landcross and Road Caeser
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1676104)
Posted by Va'al on April 16th, 2015 @ 2:49pm CDT
IDW digital assistant Mariel Romero has uploaded three new screenshots to iTunes, taken from the opening pages of Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #40. Check them out in full size mirrored below, and find out what the Lost Light has been up to since #38!

Having saved the universe—kind of—the Lost Light crew deal with the fallout in a manner befitting the gravity of the situation. Kind of.

Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1676125)
Posted by LE0KING on April 16th, 2015 @ 3:15pm CDT
I like the idea that the whole reason the "empire of stone" arc happened is because Ratchet can't say goodbye.
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1676156)
Posted by Shuttershock on April 16th, 2015 @ 4:15pm CDT
I see ya creepin', Bombshell!

Incidentally, I hope they don't mean to imply that DELPHI was Prowl's fault. It's not enough that he's a Machiavellian bastard that no one likes, but he's also the Shadow Broker behind EVERY bad thing that happens to our main cast?
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1676159)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 16th, 2015 @ 4:18pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote: It's not enough that he's a Machiavellian **** that no one likes, but he's also the Shadow Broker behind EVERY bad thing that happens to our main cast?

I thought they already established that. Because prowl's a fascist, like Odo from DS9.
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1676162)
Posted by Shuttershock on April 16th, 2015 @ 4:26pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

I suppose so. I just get slightly frustrated when EVERYONE makes him out to be the end-all source of their problems. Is it just because he's the only one who isn't sorry for his actions?
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1676163)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on April 16th, 2015 @ 4:28pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

Well it's not because he isn't sorry, it's because for him, the ends justify the means, no matter the cost. I said this before, even though prowl says he wants justice, he's like Odo in that his actual predisposition for order.
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1676168)
Posted by Deadput on April 16th, 2015 @ 4:41pm CDT
Wow so I'm going to go and guess that the reason Pharma is a little cray cray is because Prowl sent him to Delphi?

Because looking at all flashbacks with Pharma around before Delphi he seemed like he was a cool dude.

Not that Prowl did it on purpose or knew anything was going to happen but it really seems that a lot of things that go wrong are Prowl's fault regardless if he did it on purpose or inadvertently.

Doesn't change the fact that Whirl is still above him when it comes to screwing things up.
Re: IDW Transformers: More than Meets the Eye #40 Retailer Incentive Cover (1676169)
Posted by Va'al on April 16th, 2015 @ 4:43pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Shuttershock wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

I'll throw this in, as I feel it's relevant:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m78uk ... 1_1280.jpg

Maybe Prowl, who can be a *bit* controlling in his ways, is in fact everyone's favourite scapegoat.
I mean, we did see him in Shadowplay as an arrogant but still new to the game detective - and he does have a lot of Batman vibes going on in some of his characterisations (thinking of the Justice League: Doom/Tower of Babel story, here). But it may not be entirely, always, really his fault.

That said, he's probably a bigger evil than Starscream in Combiner Wars.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures - Repugnus Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series KSI Boss Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Studio Series 43 Voyager Class KSI Boss" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Studio Series 03 Deluxe Crowbar" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots MORBOT Race Car Grey Purple" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Lot - JOLT- CRANKCASE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe WFC-GS21 Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Biosfera Autobot Clones MISB" on EBAY