Thursday, February 25th, 2016 3:39am CST

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 25,992

Fellow Seibertron.com staff member D-Maximus_Primal spotted a new addition from IDW artist Andrew Griffith on his Twitter account, after a magnificent job on this week's The Transformers #50 (read our review here!), showing off the line art and clean cover with Joana Lafuente's colours for the upcoming issue #51 for More Than Meets the Eye - and DJD's Tarn in all his evil glory. Check it out below!

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Discussion Thread

Credit(s): Andrew Griffith

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1769510)
Posted by Whifflefire on February 25th, 2016 @ 3:58am CST
Nice! Can't wait for the issues to get here.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1769515)
Posted by BumbleDouche on February 25th, 2016 @ 5:57am CST
"Well, that's. Just. Beyoootiful."
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1769562)
Posted by Deadput on February 25th, 2016 @ 10:37am CST
When I look at his left Eye he looks mad yet when I look into his right he looks...sad?
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1769582)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on February 25th, 2016 @ 12:34pm CST
Seeing Tarn like that on the cover doesn't make me feel too optimistic about Megatrons fate. I really hope that's a false assumption.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1769611)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 25th, 2016 @ 3:03pm CST
I love the artwork for these story arcs. Magnificent stuff :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1769658)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on February 25th, 2016 @ 6:15pm CST
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:I love the artwork for these story arcs. Magnificent stuff :MAXIMAL:

Seconds the filthy Autobot.

Love the colors on that one, I swear I just spent 15 minutes just staring.... :-)
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1769662)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 25th, 2016 @ 6:25pm CST
ctrlFrequency wrote:

Seconds the filthy Autobot.

Hehmm: :MAXIMAL:

I cannot tell you how much time I have spent staring at some of the covers. I forget how many he actually said, but Milne said there were I think 35 faces on issue 51's main cover, not to mention all the ones on issue 50's.

Just wow.

And, hehmm: :MAXIMAL: :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1769665)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on February 25th, 2016 @ 6:30pm CST
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:

Seconds the filthy Autobot.

Hehmm: :MAXIMAL:

Just wow.

And, hehmm: :MAXIMAL: :MAXIMAL:

Still a filthy Autobot regardless. It's your nick name
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1769670)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 25th, 2016 @ 6:44pm CST
ctrlFrequency wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:

Seconds the filthy Autobot.

Hehmm: :MAXIMAL:

Just wow.

And, hehmm: :MAXIMAL: :MAXIMAL:

Still a filthy Autobot regardless. It's your nick name

I'm trying to decide whether or not I'm flattered ;)

So let me guess: You want Megatron to suffer at the hands of Tarn? Or more importantly: who do you think Tarn really is? Any theories? :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1769676)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on February 25th, 2016 @ 6:51pm CST
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:

Seconds the filthy Autobot.

Hehmm: :MAXIMAL:

Just wow.

And, hehmm: :MAXIMAL: :MAXIMAL:

Still a filthy Autobot regardless. It's your nick name

I'm trying to decide whether or not I'm flattered ;)

You should be flattered. If I didn't like you, the spam filter would censor the nick name I gave you. :twisted:

As for Megatron....

Although I am not entirely thrilled with him becoming an Autobot, I find the story intriguing. I also love Megs abd can't being myself to want him suffering. So no. I do not want to see Tarn torture him.

And I'm still in the Tarn is Roller camp (unless something to the contrary has come to light that I missed)
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1769688)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 25th, 2016 @ 7:25pm CST
ctrlFrequency wrote:

As for Megatron....

I'm glad that at least you do not want Megs to suffer. I have loved his role as an Autobot and his path he took.

I really think Tarn is Dominus Ambus. Now, I will most likely be wrong about that and Roller will be Tarn, but to me Roller just makes too much sense. Like Roberts has been blatantly lousy with hints of that being so, and he is never that obvious, so I just don't feel completely confident it it.

Now, Dominus has been missing for some time. Necrobot doesn't even know what happened to him. As the brother to Minimus, a load bearer, maybe Dominus is a load bearer too, and that is how he knew about the teleport hand on the Magnus armor, enabling him to cut it off and then kill his brother. As Rewinds ex-CE, he would leave Rewind alive to record everything and let him live. He is a scholar, and Tarn has proven to be very educated and at times scholarly. As Tarn found out that Domey was Rewind's new CE, he would either make Domey forget, or kill him in front of Rewind for personal reasons, him being an ex CE after all (though different from most ex's).

That's what I've got. that and Roller is too Roberts obvious for me. :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1769693)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on February 25th, 2016 @ 7:34pm CST
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:

As for Megatron....

That's what I've got. that and Roller is too Roberts obvious for me. :MAXIMAL:

Darn it meant profanity filter....

I do agree there, Roller is way obvious but then again,maybe that's the subterfuge... we all think it's too obvious and thus look elsewhere and in the end it is.

But Ambush makes a lot of sense too, really does.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1769698)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 25th, 2016 @ 7:42pm CST
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1769699)
Posted by Grimlarz on February 25th, 2016 @ 7:51pm CST
I'm sure it's been said a thousand times... But damn... I really want a Tarn figure. Like Really Really bad. :CON:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1769702)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on February 25th, 2016 @ 8:03pm CST
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:This whole "Tarn" thing has so many ways it can swing it is unreal, let alone how Roberts is viewing all this. Looking at us like "you guys have it right, now figure out which and why I would actually allow that to happen." It has been literal toying with us all season 2. :MAXIMAL:

Yeah... have to agree there.

I' unfortunately unable to witty any longer. My 3rd shift nightmare ended this past weekend... but now I can't get my sleep over to a day schedule so i'm soooo tired :-(
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1769704)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 25th, 2016 @ 8:08pm CST
ctrlFrequency wrote:

Yeah... have to agree there.

:( All will be ok.

MTMTE will be out soon enough, so joy may be restored with the reading of a double issue though! :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1769748)
Posted by Grimlarz on February 25th, 2016 @ 10:47pm CST
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:

Seconds the filthy Autobot.

Hehmm: :MAXIMAL:

Just wow.

And, hehmm: :MAXIMAL: :MAXIMAL:

Still a filthy Autobot regardless. It's your nick name

I'm trying to decide whether or not I'm flattered ;)

I lean either way. I think it's Roller. That's going to be some story to tell though. My guess is that Megatron recruited him when he was "lost" during the war. He felt betrayed by his friend Pax, continued his drug habits and found the same leader in Megatron that he once felt for Pax. Now that Megatron has defected to the autobots, Tarn is coming to collect him for answers or just outright destroy him.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1773873)
Posted by Va'al on March 19th, 2016 @ 12:16pm CDT
While there are no comics planned for the coming week, we do have an initial look at the second part of the Dying of the Light in More Than Meets the Eye #51 - courtesy as usual of IDW's Mariel Romero via iTunes. Check it out below, and come back for a full preview in a couple of weeks!

"If you want to break someone—mentally, physically, emotionally—wait until they're happy. Let them live and love and thrive. Once they recognize the value of a life well lived... THAT'S when you move in for the kill. Because you can't take anything from someone who has nothing to lose." --Tarn

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1773901)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 19th, 2016 @ 2:19pm CDT
So we are setting up for a nighttime battle eh? cool. And somehow Ten is going to be a key part of what is about to come :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Clean Cover Art by Andrew Griffith / Joana Lafuente (1773908)
Posted by Whifflefire on March 19th, 2016 @ 2:48pm CDT
I totally forgot about Velocity... :-P

Megs is definitely regretting a lot now. Wonder what his and Tarn's confrontation will be like.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Beast Hunter Optimus Prime Sealed, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "1986 ChromeDome Headmaster Transformers Action Figure G1 with box, instructions." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Wheel Jack and Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO KINGDOM * RHINOX * TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON VOYAGER CLASS!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher & Grax Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Highbrow Complete Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron trilogy Rodimus prime  -BOX ONLY-" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage GO BOTS ROAD RANGER OPTIMUS PRIME Bandai 1983 TRANSFORMERS" on EBAY