IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview

Saturday, March 26th, 2016 6:24am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 24,915

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

As Newsarama breaks the seal, we can finally share the full preview of next week's IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51, in which the Light keeps Dying, and dying and dying... or does it? Check it out below, and come back on Wednesday for the Seibertron.com review!

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a & c)
"If you want to break someone—mentally, physically, emotionally—wait until they're happy. Let them live and love and thrive. Once they recognize the value of a life well lived... THAT'S when you move in for the kill. Because you can't take anything from someone who has nothing to lose." --Tarn
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
The hunt for MEGATRON continues!
The Decepticon Justice Division will stop at nothing to bring the former Decepticon leader down!


Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview

Credit(s): IDW


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1775564)
Posted by Randomhero on March 26th, 2016 @ 8:23am CDT
Still leaning towards Tarn being Proteus.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1775666)
Posted by ricemazter on March 26th, 2016 @ 4:42pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:Still leaning towards Tarn being Proteus.


Wouldn't proteus have been executed by starscream with the rest of the senate?
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1775668)
Posted by Randomhero on March 26th, 2016 @ 4:48pm CDT
ricemazter wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Still leaning towards Tarn being Proteus.


Wouldn't proteus have been executed by starscream with the rest of the senate?



Never saw him get shot. Only saw starscream pointing a gun at his head.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1775681)
Posted by LE0KING on March 26th, 2016 @ 5:53pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:Still leaning towards Tarn being Proteus.

I'm in the Roller camp. In the time travel arc we see Roller using performance enhancers just to keep up with the outliers. In the DJD arc we see Tarn almost overdose on Performance enhancing energon. Also the side of his head is the same.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1775684)
Posted by Randomhero on March 26th, 2016 @ 6:12pm CDT
LE0KING wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Still leaning towards Tarn being Proteus.

I'm in the Roller camp. In the time travel arc we see Roller using performance enhancers just to keep up with the outliers. In the DJD arc we see Tarn almost overdose on Performance enhancing energon. Also the side of his head is the same.


Starscream and his team used Ore-13 as performance enhancing energon back in the -ation series. just because 5 dudes also use it doesn't link to Roller, just means a lot of guys use an enhancement for more power.

see, that story was lousy with fingers pointing to Roller being Tarn. He was practically wearing a sign that says "hi! im going to be Tarn" how often does that happen in MTMTE? When is something spelled out like that? never. not once has that ever happened. Roberts did all that because ever since Roller's first appearance in Shadow Play hes gotten tweets, comments and messages regularly from people saying Tarn is Roller.

Roller knew Skids very well. they were part of Orion's first team of Autobots. Its heavily implied Tarn never met Skids until Grindcore prison. plus, Tarn is an extremely intelligent, poetic sadist. When have we ever seen Roller act like how Tarn acts? never. Ive never believed for once the hype that Roller is Tarn.

Lets not kid ourselves, the reveal of Tarn isnt going to be the masses saying "WE ALL KNEW IT FOR 3 YEARS!" its going to be the Minimus Ambus reveal that no one saw coming.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1775816)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 27th, 2016 @ 2:10pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
LE0KING wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Still leaning towards Tarn being Proteus.

I'm in the Roller camp. In the time travel arc we see Roller using performance enhancers just to keep up with the outliers. In the DJD arc we see Tarn almost overdose on Performance enhancing energon. Also the side of his head is the same.


Starscream and his team used Ore-13 as performance enhancing energon back in the -ation series. just because 5 dudes also use it doesn't link to Roller, just means a lot of guys use an enhancement for more power.

see, that story was lousy with fingers pointing to Roller being Tarn. He was practically wearing a sign that says "hi! im going to be Tarn" how often does that happen in MTMTE? When is something spelled out like that? never. not once has that ever happened. Roberts did all that because ever since Roller's first appearance in Shadow Play hes gotten tweets, comments and messages regularly from people saying Tarn is Roller.

Roller knew Skids very well. they were part of Orion's first team of Autobots. Its heavily implied Tarn never met Skids until Grindcore prison. plus, Tarn is an extremely intelligent, poetic sadist. When have we ever seen Roller act like how Tarn acts? never. Ive never believed for once the hype that Roller is Tarn.

Lets not kid ourselves, the reveal of Tarn isnt going to be the masses saying "WE ALL KNEW IT FOR 3 YEARS!" its going to be the Minimus Ambus reveal that no one saw coming.

So you think that "Tarn" is just a suit of armor? Interesting.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1775897)
Posted by Randomhero on March 27th, 2016 @ 10:29pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
LE0KING wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Still leaning towards Tarn being Proteus.

I'm in the Roller camp. In the time travel arc we see Roller using performance enhancers just to keep up with the outliers. In the DJD arc we see Tarn almost overdose on Performance enhancing energon. Also the side of his head is the same.


Starscream and his team used Ore-13 as performance enhancing energon back in the -ation series. just because 5 dudes also use it doesn't link to Roller, just means a lot of guys use an enhancement for more power.

see, that story was lousy with fingers pointing to Roller being Tarn. He was practically wearing a sign that says "hi! im going to be Tarn" how often does that happen in MTMTE? When is something spelled out like that? never. not once has that ever happened. Roberts did all that because ever since Roller's first appearance in Shadow Play hes gotten tweets, comments and messages regularly from people saying Tarn is Roller.

Roller knew Skids very well. they were part of Orion's first team of Autobots. Its heavily implied Tarn never met Skids until Grindcore prison. plus, Tarn is an extremely intelligent, poetic sadist. When have we ever seen Roller act like how Tarn acts? never. Ive never believed for once the hype that Roller is Tarn.

Lets not kid ourselves, the reveal of Tarn isnt going to be the masses saying "WE ALL KNEW IT FOR 3 YEARS!" its going to be the Minimus Ambus reveal that no one saw coming.

So you think that "Tarn" is just a suit of armor? Interesting.


No. It's going to be the same as minimus in shock value. I think Tarn is a shadow played or Stockholm syndrome Senator Proreus.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1776103)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 28th, 2016 @ 9:46pm CDT
That random con on page 2.... IDW Lugnut!!

Also, I still think Tarn is Dominus Ambus. That is still my thought. Roller is, as said, way too obvious. :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1776257)
Posted by Randomhero on March 29th, 2016 @ 11:23am CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:That random con on page 2.... IDW Lugnut!!

Also, I still think Tarn is Dominus Ambus. That is still my thought. Roller is, as said, way too obvious. :MAXIMAL:



Only reason I don't I don't think he's Dominus is due to rewind interacting with the DJD on the lost light. Also depends on if Dominus and rewind were still off planet during skids time in grindcore when he was interacting with Tarn.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1776281)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 29th, 2016 @ 2:02pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:Only reason I don't I don't think he's Dominus is due to rewind interacting with the DJD on the lost light. Also depends on if Dominus and rewind were still off planet during skids time in grindcore when he was interacting with Tarn.

I feel that Skids encounter came later in the war, whereas Dominus went missing earlier in the war. Also, the reason Rewind survived that alternate lost light may be because of Dominus recognizing him, and since Dominus and Minimus both are piloting larger armors, Dominus knew to slice off the hand of Magnus so he could not recall and thus actually die. Not to mention now we are on the Necroworld, and Tarn could see that Dominus is dead but the whereabouts are unknown, and it will be dramatic like "He is dead, as he became me" sort of deal. :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1776300)
Posted by Randomhero on March 29th, 2016 @ 2:46pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Only reason I don't I don't think he's Dominus is due to rewind interacting with the DJD on the lost light. Also depends on if Dominus and rewind were still off planet during skids time in grindcore when he was interacting with Tarn.

I feel that Skids encounter came later in the war, whereas Dominus went missing earlier in the war. Also, the reason Rewind survived that alternate lost light may be because of Dominus recognizing him, and since Dominus and Minimus both are piloting larger armors, Dominus knew to slice off the hand of Magnus so he could not recall and thus actually die. Not to mention now we are on the Necroworld, and Tarn could see that Dominus is dead but the whereabouts are unknown, and it will be dramatic like "He is dead, as he became me" sort of deal. :MAXIMAL:



Well Dominus isn't a load bearing spark. He is a point one percentor(maybe, we only know minimus is, it's probable spark brothers can be different) but it's never been mentioned that he's the same as Minimus and he has a tiny guy inside of him. Especially since we saw him in the alternate universe and his head was a screen. If he was a little guy in there he could just remove that suite and talk to everyone.

I don't know. Think the Dominus story will come later on and be a full blown arc in itself. Seems like that would be more appropriate for that character.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1776308)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 29th, 2016 @ 3:05pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Only reason I don't I don't think he's Dominus is due to rewind interacting with the DJD on the lost light. Also depends on if Dominus and rewind were still off planet during skids time in grindcore when he was interacting with Tarn.

I feel that Skids encounter came later in the war, whereas Dominus went missing earlier in the war. Also, the reason Rewind survived that alternate lost light may be because of Dominus recognizing him, and since Dominus and Minimus both are piloting larger armors, Dominus knew to slice off the hand of Magnus so he could not recall and thus actually die. Not to mention now we are on the Necroworld, and Tarn could see that Dominus is dead but the whereabouts are unknown, and it will be dramatic like "He is dead, as he became me" sort of deal. :MAXIMAL:



Well Dominus isn't a load bearing spark. He is a point one percentor(maybe, we only know minimus is, it's probable spark brothers can be different) but it's never been mentioned that he's the same as Minimus and he has a tiny guy inside of him. Especially since we saw him in the alternate universe and his head was a screen. If he was a little guy in there he could just remove that suite and talk to everyone.

I don't know. Think the Dominus story will come later on and be a full blown arc in itself. Seems like that would be more appropriate for that character.

Eh, it could be, But i'm fairly convinced that both spark brothers can be load bearers. They never mentioned it, but it is a possibility. However, they do need to resolve the Dominus, Roller and Terminus arcs throughout the story (not this arc but the overall story) and one of them could and should be solved in this arc :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1776321)
Posted by Randomhero on March 29th, 2016 @ 4:02pm CDT
I never figured they'd have the same kind of spark type due to the fact that identical twins can have different blood types. Especially since forged sparks apparently "grow" I'd figure minimus was small like his name and Dominus was big like his name.

I'm just not convinced he's Roller. I feel that's a story that needs Optimus guest starring or even ratchet. Nobody else has a relationship with him. Skids was with Orion's team with roller but skids doesn't have memories of that time. He doesn't know who roller is and I don't think Rodimus's jump to past to say "hi" essentially counts as a relationship to roller.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1776328)
Posted by Va'al on March 29th, 2016 @ 4:24pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:I'm just not convinced he's Roller. I feel that's a story that needs Optimus guest starring or even ratchet. Nobody else has a relationship with him. Skids was with Orion's team with roller but skids doesn't have memories of that time. He doesn't know who roller is and I don't think Rodimus's jump to past to say "hi" essentially counts as a relationship to roller.


Hummmmm.... :-?
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1776344)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 29th, 2016 @ 5:04pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:I never figured they'd have the same kind of spark type due to the fact that identical twins can have different blood types. Especially since forged sparks apparently "grow" I'd figure minimus was small like his name and Dominus was big like his name.

I'm just not convinced he's Roller. I feel that's a story that needs Optimus guest starring or even ratchet. Nobody else has a relationship with him. Skids was with Orion's team with roller but skids doesn't have memories of that time. He doesn't know who roller is and I don't think Rodimus's jump to past to say "hi" essentially counts as a relationship to roller.

I can see the first part of your answer. I have been assuming that they both are the same load-bearers. they could possibly not be both load bearers.

now as for the second part: I agree. Roller is just too obvious. and yeah, Skids may be the only one who can be said to have a relationship with Roller, but the memory thing makes things tricky. :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1776372)
Posted by Randomhero on March 29th, 2016 @ 6:30pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I never figured they'd have the same kind of spark type due to the fact that identical twins can have different blood types. Especially since forged sparks apparently "grow" I'd figure minimus was small like his name and Dominus was big like his name.

I'm just not convinced he's Roller. I feel that's a story that needs Optimus guest starring or even ratchet. Nobody else has a relationship with him. Skids was with Orion's team with roller but skids doesn't have memories of that time. He doesn't know who roller is and I don't think Rodimus's jump to past to say "hi" essentially counts as a relationship to roller.

I can see the first part of your answer. I have been assuming that they both are the same load-bearers. they could possibly not be both load bearers.

now as for the second part: I agree. Roller is just too obvious. and yeah, Skids may be the only one who can be said to have a relationship with Roller, but the memory thing makes things tricky. :MAXIMAL:


It feels like Tarns reveal needs to not just be for fans. It needs to be for the audience in the book as well.

If it's Roller, whose that for? A bunch. Guys that shared one miner adventure with him and one character saying "Roller? Wasn't that Primes buddy from 4 ,ill ion years ago?!" Doesn't leave much of an impact with the groups. Fan? Yes, the characters in he book? No, not really.

Dominus Ambus. That does have repracusions for Rewind, Chromedome and Magnus.

Senator Proteus. That has repracusions for everyone. Everyone knew who he was, everyone kind of hated him because he was the physical empbidment of corrupted Cybertron. I can everyone in the book shocked about that since everyone thinks he's been dead since the war started.

I can see both Dominus and Proteus just because they both can leave an impact with the group.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1776375)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 29th, 2016 @ 6:34pm CDT
I'm not gonna say that Proteus is not an option, but this is something can never be resolved until that mask comes off :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1776396)
Posted by LE0KING on March 29th, 2016 @ 8:11pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I never figured they'd have the same kind of spark type due to the fact that identical twins can have different blood types. Especially since forged sparks apparently "grow" I'd figure minimus was small like his name and Dominus was big like his name.

I'm just not convinced he's Roller. I feel that's a story that needs Optimus guest starring or even ratchet. Nobody else has a relationship with him. Skids was with Orion's team with roller but skids doesn't have memories of that time. He doesn't know who roller is and I don't think Rodimus's jump to past to say "hi" essentially counts as a relationship to roller.

I can see the first part of your answer. I have been assuming that they both are the same load-bearers. they could possibly not be both load bearers.

now as for the second part: I agree. Roller is just too obvious. and yeah, Skids may be the only one who can be said to have a relationship with Roller, but the memory thing makes things tricky. :MAXIMAL:


It feels like Tarns reveal needs to not just be for fans. It needs to be for the audience in the book as well.

If it's Roller, whose that for? A bunch. Guys that shared one miner adventure with him and one character saying "Roller? Wasn't that Primes buddy from 4 ,ill ion years ago?!" Doesn't leave much of an impact with the groups. Fan? Yes, the characters in he book? No, not really.

Dominus Ambus. That does have repracusions for Rewind, Chromedome and Magnus.

Senator Proteus. That has repracusions for everyone. Everyone knew who he was, everyone kind of hated him because he was the physical empbidment of corrupted Cybertron. I can everyone in the book shocked about that since everyone thinks he's been dead since the war started.

I can see both Dominus and Proteus just because they both can leave an impact with the group.


Proteus is essentially a nobody. If the mask comes off and it's him the vast majority of the fandom will go "who?" He's a background character who's name doesn't carry enough weight for Tarn's big reveal.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1776397)
Posted by Randomhero on March 29th, 2016 @ 8:15pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:I'm not gonna say that Proteus is not an option, but this is something can never be resolved until that mask comes off :MAXIMAL:


wouldnt it be so anticlimactic if its just a nobody? :lol: its bumper! he survived megaton stepping on his head in Megatron Origins and was rebuilt as Tarn lol

aside from the Tarn talk I am starting to worry about this story. its ten damaged autobots and not even their best warriors against not just five stupidly over powered psychopaths that killed two hundred autobots on a duplicate Lost Light but five stupidly over powered psychopaths that killed two hundred autobots on a duplicate Lost Light and FIVE HUNDRED decepticons. for all intended purposes, theyre all dead. 10 or so damaged autobots should all die but this isnt the end and we know maybe one might die.

Could Drift and Ratchet or the Protectobots or both show up and help out? maybe but 1. none of them know where the Necrobots planet is because they all already left before anyone found it and I doubt Crosscut will tell them where it is.

the only way i see this ending is the dicks that mutinied having a change of heart and the Lost Light showing up to save them. just starts bombing the Decepticons with those missiles that took out overlord. that was my biggest problem with how this story started. everyone on the lost light was okay with dropping Rodimus and crew on a planet with the DJD and expecting them to be unharmed if the deliver Megatron. Riptide saw what happened to the other lost Light. Personally i dint it hard to believe guys like Hoist, Blaster, Mainframe and especially Perceptor would be okay with this.

I am hoping that some members of Deathsaurus is actualy loyal to Megatron and is waiting to start stabbing the DJD in the back. probably wont happen.

I do kind of wanna see Tailgate fight Lugnut. Im not really fan of the DJD as a group, they're 4 over powered generics led by another overpowered generic that has only finally been given character in the past 12 months but LUGNUT! GLORIOUS!!!!

Image
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #51 Full Preview (1776398)
Posted by Randomhero on March 29th, 2016 @ 8:18pm CDT
LE0KING wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I never figured they'd have the same kind of spark type due to the fact that identical twins can have different blood types. Especially since forged sparks apparently "grow" I'd figure minimus was small like his name and Dominus was big like his name.

I'm just not convinced he's Roller. I feel that's a story that needs Optimus guest starring or even ratchet. Nobody else has a relationship with him. Skids was with Orion's team with roller but skids doesn't have memories of that time. He doesn't know who roller is and I don't think Rodimus's jump to past to say "hi" essentially counts as a relationship to roller.

I can see the first part of your answer. I have been assuming that they both are the same load-bearers. they could possibly not be both load bearers.

now as for the second part: I agree. Roller is just too obvious. and yeah, Skids may be the only one who can be said to have a relationship with Roller, but the memory thing makes things tricky. :MAXIMAL:


It feels like Tarns reveal needs to not just be for fans. It needs to be for the audience in the book as well.

If it's Roller, whose that for? A bunch. Guys that shared one miner adventure with him and one character saying "Roller? Wasn't that Primes buddy from 4 ,ill ion years ago?!" Doesn't leave much of an impact with the groups. Fan? Yes, the characters in he book? No, not really.

Dominus Ambus. That does have repracusions for Rewind, Chromedome and Magnus.

Senator Proteus. That has repracusions for everyone. Everyone knew who he was, everyone kind of hated him because he was the physical empbidment of corrupted Cybertron. I can everyone in the book shocked about that since everyone thinks he's been dead since the war started.

I can see both Dominus and Proteus just because they both can leave an impact with the group.


Proteus is essentially a nobody. If the mask comes off and it's him the vast majority of the fandom will go "who?" He's a background character who's name doesn't carry enough weight for Tarn's big reveal.



oh I disagree. fans of IDW and mostly MTMTE know exactly who Proteus is. Hes one of the main reasons Megtron is who is and what he became and he is the reason Shockwave became what he was. He was the main villain in Chaos Theory's flashbacks and Shadow Play. Proteus holds plenty of weight because he is one main people who was responsible for the war starting.

He's like the emperor in Star Wars. He is not required to show up in panel all the time, his presence is felt.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Buzzsaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Deluxe Class COG - WEAPONIZER! Complete." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron SIEGE Firedrive WFC-S1" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron SIEGE Roadhandler & Swindler WFC-S4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Pteraxadon Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Power of The Spark Sonic Swirl Slipstream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Mirage New Inhand" on EBAY