IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover

Thursday, May 26th, 2016 8:00pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 21,712

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to his Twitter Page, Alex Milne has been nice enough to show off is cover for More Than Meets The Eye 55. This cover features Megatron in a dimly lit area powered only by the Necrobots flowers, and there he stands holding one, glowing brightly while he looks on solemnly and depressed.

Beware for after the black and white as well as the colored image, we will quote Milne on something he commented on in response to someone's question about the cover, so there is a potential spoiler.

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover
Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover


Alex Milne wrote:The flowers don't just represent people he's directly killed remember.

Credit(s): Alex Milne on Twitter


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1792873)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 26th, 2016 @ 8:02pm CDT
And now that I've posted the story, I can say as a please:

Megatron doesn't kill anyone. Instead, by his lack of action, by his choosing to hide and command from a distance rather than face the threat, someone or some bots die, and he is responsible because he either gave them an order, like "go down that alleyway" and they died, or because he could have fought with them and prevented their deaths. :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1792910)
Posted by Seibertron on May 26th, 2016 @ 10:36pm CDT
I love that some of the artists, such as Milne, have been drawing their own faction symbols instead of using the extremely obvious "official" symbols, which look very out-of-place when stamped on a drawing. Thank you for allowing the artists to do this or thank you to the artists for going this route instead of using the official symbols.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1792931)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 27th, 2016 @ 3:19am CDT
I love that picture of megatron, it's just so beautifully done.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1792933)
Posted by Va'al on May 27th, 2016 @ 3:35am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I love that picture of megatron, it's just so beautifully done.


It's heartbreaking. Look at those eyes...
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1792944)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 27th, 2016 @ 5:31am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I love that picture of megatron, it's just so beautifully done.

It's heartbreaking. Look at those eyes...

That is emotion, pure and simple. When I first saw it, I couldn't believe how well Milne had made Megatron look repentant and sad, tragic loss sad. It's incredible :MAXIMAL:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1792950)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 27th, 2016 @ 6:30am CDT
Megatron needs to stop being a coward.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1792960)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 27th, 2016 @ 7:19am CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:Megatron needs to stop being a coward.

He needs more of the middle ground, for all those millions of years he fought and it achieved nothing but horror and bloodshed, goes to the other extreme and bots are still being hurt by his actions that were done ages and ages ago.

He needs courage to go forward, strength of spirit to fight for what he truly believes now, and wisdom to learn from his past and acknowledge his unsurmountable past. The other crucial thing he needs is humility that's been growing slowly.

Of course this is just what I think megs needs to continue, but no doubt Roberts has other intentions
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1793022)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on May 27th, 2016 @ 2:00pm CDT
I know the cover don't necessarily relate to the events of the story (though in this instance it most likely does) i'm willing to guess the flower's Velocity. Also on a separate note, aesthetically and historically, I would've found red poppies more poignant than blue lilies. However that might've been on the nose
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1793168)
Posted by Va'al on May 28th, 2016 @ 6:07am CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I know the cover don't necessarily relate to the events of the story (though in this instance it most likely does) i'm willing to guess the flower's Velocity. Also on a separate note, aesthetically and historically, I would've found red poppies more poignant than blue lilies. However that might've been on the nose


Red poppies can sod right off.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1793184)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on May 28th, 2016 @ 7:29am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I know the cover don't necessarily relate to the events of the story (though in this instance it most likely does) i'm willing to guess the flower's Velocity. Also on a separate note, aesthetically and historically, I would've found red poppies more poignant than blue lilies. However that might've been on the nose


Red poppies can sod right off.

what about white ones from the end of Gojira?
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1806730)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 19th, 2016 @ 8:42am CDT
Apple iTunes has provided us with our second sneak peak of the week, this time in the form of More Than Meets The Eye 55! Check out the preview listed below, as it is revealed that some guys are sneaky, some guys may have guilty consciences, and some guys are just... interesting.

Image

Image

Image
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1806731)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 19th, 2016 @ 8:50am CDT
So now the whole story begins to fall into place.

The Galactic Counsel hates Megatron since he is now doing their job of protecting organics whereas he used to hate them. The council fears being replaced, so they rebuild Overlord to kill Megatron, teaming up with Getaway, who puts the mutiny into action. He removes Rodimus and company with the thought that the council only promised to kill Megatron and the others would live. So he's not the total slimeball he's come off as, but he still is slime. Then Tarn shows up somehow (Beginning to wonder about that, coincidence or not. Getaway should know the DJD wouldn't spare the Autobots, so if he summoned them to get Megatron off the ship by attacking Necroworld, did they somehow promise to spare the others as an empty promise?) but the council is ok with this since they want him dead too. But the council has no intent of letting the other Autobots live. Maybe they arranged for the DJD to attack and summon Megatron there then unleash Overlord, but weren't expecting Deathsaurus' group? I'm not sure about that.

And then, Megatron has Trailcutter's forcefields, enabling him to use the panic bubble to save himself. And of course, Deathsaurus is about to have a conscience attack courtesy of Rewind and Swerve, spurring him into Defending Megatron.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1806732)
Posted by Randomhero on July 19th, 2016 @ 8:55am CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:So now the whole story begins to fall into place.

The Galactic Counsel hates Megatron since he is now doing their job of protecting organics whereas he used to hate them. The council fears being replaced, so they rebuild Overlord to kill Megatron, teaming up with Getaway, who puts the mutiny into action. He removes Rodimus and company with the thought that the council only promised to kill Megatron and the others would live. So he's not the total slimeball he's come off as, but he still is slime. Then Tarn shows up somehow (Beginning to wonder about that, coincidence or not. Getaway should know the DJD wouldn't spare the Autobots) but the council is ok with this since they want him dead too. But the council has no intent of letting the other Autobots live. Maybe they arranged for the DJD to attack and summon Megatron there then unleash Overlord, but weren't expecting Deathsaurus' group? I'm not sure about that.

And then, Megatron has Trailcutter's forcefields, enabling him to use the panic bubble to save himself. And of course, Deathsaurus is about to have a conscience attack courtesy of Rewind and Swerve, spurring him into Defending Megatron.



Yeah. I read the three page preview too.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1806734)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 19th, 2016 @ 8:56am CDT
Sorry, just really thinking, and a bit confused
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1806738)
Posted by Kurona on July 19th, 2016 @ 9:04am CDT
So now it makes sense! It feels a bit easier now knowing that Perceptor and everyone else thought it'd just be the Galactic Council sending agents to kill Megatron. The DJD just happened to be there too.
Now I can rest easy knowing Blaster and Perceptor aren't that dickish.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1806739)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 19th, 2016 @ 9:08am CDT
Kurona wrote:So now it makes sense! It feels a bit easier now knowing that Perceptor and everyone else thought it'd just be the Galactic Council sending agents to kill Megatron. The DJD just happened to be there too.
Now I can rest easy knowing Blaster and Perceptor aren't that dickish.

That is true.

But that is also what leads to my confusion. Why are the DJD there then, if they weren't Getaway's plan to begin with, especially since they provided the way to get Megatron off the ship? That whole part is not clicking for me yet
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1806741)
Posted by Kurona on July 19th, 2016 @ 9:15am CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:So now it makes sense! It feels a bit easier now knowing that Perceptor and everyone else thought it'd just be the Galactic Council sending agents to kill Megatron. The DJD just happened to be there too.
Now I can rest easy knowing Blaster and Perceptor aren't that dickish.

That is true.

But that is also what leads to my confusion. Why are the DJD there then, if they weren't Getaway's plan to begin with, especially since they provided the way to get Megatron off the ship? That whole part is not clicking for me yet

Yeah, that is the one little thing; especially since they had a base set up and everything. Mystery abounds...
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1806743)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 19th, 2016 @ 9:20am CDT
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:So now it makes sense! It feels a bit easier now knowing that Perceptor and everyone else thought it'd just be the Galactic Council sending agents to kill Megatron. The DJD just happened to be there too.
Now I can rest easy knowing Blaster and Perceptor aren't that dickish.

That is true.

But that is also what leads to my confusion. Why are the DJD there then, if they weren't Getaway's plan to begin with, especially since they provided the way to get Megatron off the ship? That whole part is not clicking for me yet

Yeah, that is the one little thing; especially since they had a base set up and everything. Mystery abounds...

Actually, a thought: They have been tracking down the ship right? They even said that they couldn't catch the Lost Light. So they attacked Necroworld by themselves, and when Rodimus and Megatron decided to investigate, Getaway used that as the opportunity to mutiny. The mutiny was set, they just needed the chance for the captains to leave, and they did, so the trap was sprung, without anyone realizing that the DJD were there.

That helps me make some sense of things
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1806745)
Posted by Kurona on July 19th, 2016 @ 9:21am CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:So now it makes sense! It feels a bit easier now knowing that Perceptor and everyone else thought it'd just be the Galactic Council sending agents to kill Megatron. The DJD just happened to be there too.
Now I can rest easy knowing Blaster and Perceptor aren't that dickish.

That is true.

But that is also what leads to my confusion. Why are the DJD there then, if they weren't Getaway's plan to begin with, especially since they provided the way to get Megatron off the ship? That whole part is not clicking for me yet

Yeah, that is the one little thing; especially since they had a base set up and everything. Mystery abounds...

Actually, a thought: They have been tracking down the ship right? They even said that they couldn't catch the Lost Light. So they attacked Necroworld by themselves, and when Rodimus and Megatron decided to investigate, Getaway used that as the opportunity to mutiny. The mutiny was set, they just needed the chance for the captains to leave, and they did, so the trap was sprung, without anyone realizing that the DJD were there.

That helps me make some sense of things

Yeah; that, and reading on TFWiki reminds me that Tarn broadcast the signal as a lure. And maybe there wasn't an arranged place for Getaway to drop them off, it just happened to be the Necroplanet - and that's why it took so long for Overlord to get there!
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #55 Alex Milne Cover (1806747)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 19th, 2016 @ 9:28am CDT
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Kurona wrote:So now it makes sense! It feels a bit easier now knowing that Perceptor and everyone else thought it'd just be the Galactic Council sending agents to kill Megatron. The DJD just happened to be there too.
Now I can rest easy knowing Blaster and Perceptor aren't that dickish.

That is true.

But that is also what leads to my confusion. Why are the DJD there then, if they weren't Getaway's plan to begin with, especially since they provided the way to get Megatron off the ship? That whole part is not clicking for me yet

Yeah, that is the one little thing; especially since they had a base set up and everything. Mystery abounds...

Actually, a thought: They have been tracking down the ship right? They even said that they couldn't catch the Lost Light. So they attacked Necroworld by themselves, and when Rodimus and Megatron decided to investigate, Getaway used that as the opportunity to mutiny. The mutiny was set, they just needed the chance for the captains to leave, and they did, so the trap was sprung, without anyone realizing that the DJD were there.

That helps me make some sense of things

Yeah; that, and reading on TFWiki reminds me that Tarn broadcast the signal as a lure. And maybe there wasn't an arranged place for Getaway to drop them off, it just happened to be the Necroplanet - and that's why it took so long for Overlord to get there!

Problem solved! Yay us!

Now, since Getaway did not want any Autobots to die, I wonder what he will think when he learns Skids died...

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC-S32 BLACKJACK & HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC-S44 Siege Battlemasters Singe War for Cybertron Target" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG37 Ravage & Bullhorn Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime Action Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC: Earthrise Micromasters Battle Squad DIRECT-HIT / POWER PUNCH" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Starscream, Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Masterpiece Convoy Mode Eva MP-10 Optimus Prime Brand" on EBAY