This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review

Wednesday, July 27th, 2016 6:13AM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Reviews
Posted by: ScottyP   Views: 40,909

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The Knowing
A Review of Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55

As spoiler-free as I can make it

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review
Seriously, finding non-spoiler filled images was legitimately difficult.

Here we are, 4 years, 7 months, and a week since The Death of Optimus Prime, which ushered in what has arguably been the best long-form run of Transformers comics in history (that includes Robots in Disguise/The Transformers and all the various one-shots and mini-series within this time period, for the record.) Now that I've read More Than Meets The Eye 55, it feels like the end of an era. Yes, the story is continuing next month, and even once this iteration of the book wraps up with issue 57 there's still the Revolution tie-in book and a relaunch under the moniker of Lost Light, but do you feel it?

It feels like an act is done, the stage set for the next, but the immediate moment finds curtains drawn, house lights brought up, and an audience filing away. They'll mingle and chatter about what's been seen, some will speculate on what's still to come, but when the lights flicker and they come back they're going to know that the immediate next act is not one with the players just seen. Behind the curtains, a director is leaving the chair, costumes are being changed, and new actors are preparing for their debuts.

This drawn out analogy is important, as the content of MTMTE 55 is much more satisfying when considering the perceived feeling of significant change in the universe of Transformers comics. With this preamble done, let's dive into more specifics about this particular issue.

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review
Probably not a good way to get your security deposit back.

While "Season 2" of More Than Meets The Eye has been running since directly after the Dark Cybertron crossover event arc, for this reviewer, there have always been two parts of this "Season": before issue 44, and after. That was the issue where Megatron's journey began to pivot, and it was also the point where the quantitative amount of mysteries that the book held in store seemed to hit a peak. From the last Scavengers two parter and on through "Speak, Memory" and "Dying of the Light", more questions have been slowly answered compared to the amount of new questions that have arisen. With this issue, hold on to your seat - my roller coaster analogy was not just an unusually popular Tweet. This book will hit you with story beats, character moments, major revelations, floods of emotion, and heart pounding suspense in rapid succession without leaving room for much time in between.

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review
A small sample of the intensity that awaits.

Make no mistake about it though, this issue is both the end of and very representative of "Season 2". It's all about the journey, and not every reader, including very devoted MTMTE followers, will be satisfied with every direction taken.

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review
No really, this will be the reaction some of you have. But to which part?

As can be expected of a James Roberts penned book, each turn is clever and well explained within the words and imagery present. If you like "James Roberts clever twists", you'll love this issue to pieces, though the massive amount of content pressed into twenty pages of comic does lead some of these to feel anticlimactic. That's indeed a critique, but the immediate counterpoint is that some things just had to be quickly handled for this story to do everything it wanted to do. Maybe some initial ideas got punted or changed, especially looking back to the solicit for the issue, or maybe they didn't and I just don't fully grasp the solicitation's text yet.

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review
Let's all talk about this in the thread below. I don't think we've got closure on this point.

Some other staff members here on Seibertron have expressed similar laments on this concluding piece of a larger arc, ranging from comments on how the book couldn't quite help "Dying of the Light" top the floor of its reach, to one about some turns not literally being 'deus ex machina' moments yet managing to feel the same way.

To me, this is more of an issue of prioritization and not even pacing anymore. Character moments are, it would seem, purposely given more real estate than answered questions (when they aren't one in the same), and not every fruit borne of promising seeds ends up tasting ripe on the first bite due to this balance. Having had the luxury of time to think a great deal before writing this review, it should be said that while there was some initial bitterness on the palette during the initial tasting, nothing lingered and it's all settled in very satisfyingly. Your mileage may vary, as MTMTE "Season 2", like many delicacies, can be an acquired taste.

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review
I told you - non-spoiler images just aren't abound in this issue!

For the production of the book (full credits may be found here), get ready for Milne, Lafuente, and Long at their very best. Each character looks exactly as your brain tells you their MTMTE iteration looks, complete with super expressive facial features, body language, and movements. These are highlighted by all the 'choom's and 'vromp's you can shake a stick at, with the colors of the characters and environments putting a tidy bow on a beautifully presented package.

Visually speaking, this delivers everything you could want and then some. There are even some visual cues that lead me to believe the events in the latter part of the book may be, well, more than meets the eye.

Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review
I think that what is tinfoil may never a'luminate. And I'm sorry.

Hats off to the entire team, even those contributing just in the form of variant covers like Nick Roche, Josh Burcham, Brendan Cahill, and Jean-Paul Bove, and of course to outgoing editor John Barber.

... and ROM The Space Knight.

Verdict
Transformers News: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review

Like the rest of More Than Meets The Eye for the past couple of years, you might read this tomorrow and feel underwhelmed by a few points. If you're someone that's looking for more passive Transformers entertainment and have been highly critical of issues 28-54, you'll be highly critical of 55. If you've enjoyed chewing through every detail, and re-read old arcs over and over looking for clues on where things will go, or if you've just really enjoyed every bit of MTMTE since issue 28 without fail, you'll love this issue.

Ultimately, I found this to be a very satisfying conclusion to a very satisfying arc. The great character work shines, the story moves briskly, and nothing feels to have happened without at least some degree of thought out cause.

Did I like every twist? No, I think at least one huge opportunity for an amazing future story had a big red "abort" button pressed, and some others felt like fanservice that just didn't add anything except for those rooting for certain characters. There were some amazing twists though, and the end in particular has me watching my calendar and eyeing the IDW release schedule thinking only "How could they do this to us?!" Waiting for December is going to hurt.

When reflecting on how long and how deeply I've had to think about this issue, I'm glad to have held off on writing this review until days after my initial read. Thinking back to the moment when I reached the start of the third to last page, and how I was involuntarily at the edge of my chair, heart pounding in anticipation of what was or was not about to happen, the realization strikes that this journey, Megatron's journey, is a story that will stick with me for a long time.

Like Megatron, it isn't perfect, but there's a great deal to love despite a few rough edges.

. :CON: :CON: :CON: :CON: & 1/2 out of "Don't Change Back"
aka 4.5/5


Bonus! James Roberts' soundtrack suggestions for this issue:
  • The Sundays - Here's Where The Story Ends
  • Villagers - Everything I Have Is Yours
  • Ben Folds Five - Missing The War
Credit(s): IDW Publishing

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809447)
Posted by Randomhero on July 27th, 2016 @ 6:39am CDT
I said seven months ago this story will probably be much better in trade all together. I was very unhappy with certain individual issue but as a whole it came together just fine

i love the fact that once tarns mask came off underneath was exactly why I imagined, he looked like everyone else. Other than his scars there's nothing that would have identified him to anyone. "Once we pull that mask off it'll be Roller!" Roller looks like everyone, it's the generic face. :lol: and Glitch! Anyone who says they saw coming is a liar!im honestly not disappointed I was wrong about him being proteus. I'd rather be wrong and surprised than right
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809450)
Posted by Ironhidensh on July 27th, 2016 @ 6:52am CDT
Randomhero wrote:I said seven months ago this story will probably be much better in trade all together. I was very unhappy with certain individual issue but as a whole it came together just fine

i love the fact that once tarns mask came off underneath was exactly why I imagined, he looked like everyone else. Other than his scars there's nothing that would have identified him to anyone. "Once we pull that mask off it'll be Roller!" Roller looks like everyone, it's the generic face. :lol: and Glitch! Anyone who says they saw coming is a liar!im honestly not disappointed I was wrong about him being proteus. I'd rather be wrong and surprised than right

It feels like a waste of time. Tarn is nobody.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809451)
Posted by MrBlack on July 27th, 2016 @ 6:52am CDT
Randomhero wrote:I said seven months ago this story will probably be much better in trade all together. I was very unhappy with certain individual issue but as a whole it came together just fine

i love the fact that once tarns mask came off underneath was exactly why I imagined, he looked like everyone else. Other than his scars there's nothing that would have identified him to anyone. "Once we pull that mask off it'll be Roller!" Roller looks like everyone, it's the generic face. :lol: and Glitch! Anyone who says they saw coming is a liar!im honestly not disappointed I was wrong about him being proteus. I'd rather be wrong and surprised than right

It being Glitch makes sense. The powers are an evolution of his earlier ability to stop non-sentient machines (I would guess his earlier power was never displayed because there was just never a chance for him to use it), the evolution of his powers harkens back to his first appearance where Shockwave said his powers would continue to grow, Skids recognized his voice at Grindcore because he previously knew Glitch, and recruiting him would hurt Optimus Prime because Glitch was one of his earliest allies.

I'll admit that the reveal lacked some emotional resonance because we never got to know Glitch in his two appearances in the book. That said, I think I'm okay with it. If it had been, say, Roller or Terminus, Tarn's quick end would have felt anticlimactic. Tarn being an almost non-entity in the book seems fitting: He truly is just a thug who thinks too highly of himself. Plus, it means we get both Roller and Terminus in the cast of Lost Light, thanks to a twist I did not see coming.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809453)
Posted by Randomhero on July 27th, 2016 @ 6:59am CDT
MrBlack wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I said seven months ago this story will probably be much better in trade all together. I was very unhappy with certain individual issue but as a whole it came together just fine

i love the fact that once tarns mask came off underneath was exactly why I imagined, he looked like everyone else. Other than his scars there's nothing that would have identified him to anyone. "Once we pull that mask off it'll be Roller!" Roller looks like everyone, it's the generic face. :lol: and Glitch! Anyone who says they saw coming is a liar!im honestly not disappointed I was wrong about him being proteus. I'd rather be wrong and surprised than right

It being Glitch makes sense. The powers are an evolution of his earlier ability to stop non-sentient machines (I would guess his earlier power was never displayed because there was just never a chance for him to use it), the evolution of his powers harkens back to his first appearance where Shockwave said his powers would continue to grow, Skids recognized his voice at Grindcore because he previously knew Glitch, and recruiting him would hurt Optimus Prime because Glitch was one of his earliest allies.

I'll admit that the reveal lacked some emotional resonance because we never got to know Glitch in his two appearances in the book. That said, I think I'm okay with it. If it had been, say, Roller or Terminus, Tarn's quick end would have felt anticlimactic. Tarn being an almost non-entity in the book seems fitting: He truly is just a thug who thinks too highly of himself. Plus, it means we get both Roller and Terminus in the cast of Lost Light, thanks to a twist I did not see coming.


Exactly, how many times has tarn been accused of being a nobody and a thug? Turns out he's exactly what everyone said he was.

Honestly it comes down to everyone falling in love with the DJD and getting their hopes up on something that really didn't need to be. I've never been a fan of the DJD. They've always been something I've never cared for and it's mostly due to the fandom blowing them out of proportion. Someone sneezes in the comic and 3 people on message boards scream "ITS BECAUSE OF THE DJD!!!"


It got tiresome for me
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809456)
Posted by Va'al on July 27th, 2016 @ 7:06am CDT
Randomhero wrote:
MrBlack wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I said seven months ago this story will probably be much better in trade all together. I was very unhappy with certain individual issue but as a whole it came together just fine

i love the fact that once tarns mask came off underneath was exactly why I imagined, he looked like everyone else. Other than his scars there's nothing that would have identified him to anyone. "Once we pull that mask off it'll be Roller!" Roller looks like everyone, it's the generic face. :lol: and Glitch! Anyone who says they saw coming is a liar!im honestly not disappointed I was wrong about him being proteus. I'd rather be wrong and surprised than right

It being Glitch makes sense. The powers are an evolution of his earlier ability to stop non-sentient machines (I would guess his earlier power was never displayed because there was just never a chance for him to use it), the evolution of his powers harkens back to his first appearance where Shockwave said his powers would continue to grow, Skids recognized his voice at Grindcore because he previously knew Glitch, and recruiting him would hurt Optimus Prime because Glitch was one of his earliest allies.

I'll admit that the reveal lacked some emotional resonance because we never got to know Glitch in his two appearances in the book. That said, I think I'm okay with it. If it had been, say, Roller or Terminus, Tarn's quick end would have felt anticlimactic. Tarn being an almost non-entity in the book seems fitting: He truly is just a thug who thinks too highly of himself. Plus, it means we get both Roller and Terminus in the cast of Lost Light, thanks to a twist I did not see coming.


Exactly, how many times has tarn been accused of being a nobody and a thug? Turns out he's exactly what everyone said he was.

Honestly it comes down to everyone falling in love with the DJD and getting their hopes up on something that really didn't need to be. I've never been a fan of the DJD. They've always been something I've never cared for and it's mostly due to the fandom blowing them out of proportion. Someone sneezes in the comic and 3 people on message boards scream "ITS BECAUSE OF THE DJD!!!"


It got tiresome for me


Despite not entirely agreeing here - I think there was some legitimate reason to appreciate a new big bad in the stories - I do agree with you that the 'nobody-ness' of Tarn plays well into that side of things. I don't think it's to spite the readers or fans, but it does address the overhype phenomenon within the story itself.

That said, and as MrBlack points out, Glitch is not entirely a nobody.


Also. Also. Can we talk about Ravage? And those three panels of Soundwave being hurt to his precious core?
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809457)
Posted by MemphisR56 on July 27th, 2016 @ 7:11am CDT
Aaaaand we get another panel with Nautica overwrought in the background, weeping for her fallen kitty friend ravage. Not to mention the panels with Soundwave feeling his death and crumbling to his knees.

Once again:
b92.png
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809461)
Posted by Randomhero on July 27th, 2016 @ 7:16am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
MrBlack wrote:
Randomhero wrote:I said seven months ago this story will probably be much better in trade all together. I was very unhappy with certain individual issue but as a whole it came together just fine

i love the fact that once tarns mask came off underneath was exactly why I imagined, he looked like everyone else. Other than his scars there's nothing that would have identified him to anyone. "Once we pull that mask off it'll be Roller!" Roller looks like everyone, it's the generic face. :lol: and Glitch! Anyone who says they saw coming is a liar!im honestly not disappointed I was wrong about him being proteus. I'd rather be wrong and surprised than right

It being Glitch makes sense. The powers are an evolution of his earlier ability to stop non-sentient machines (I would guess his earlier power was never displayed because there was just never a chance for him to use it), the evolution of his powers harkens back to his first appearance where Shockwave said his powers would continue to grow, Skids recognized his voice at Grindcore because he previously knew Glitch, and recruiting him would hurt Optimus Prime because Glitch was one of his earliest allies.

I'll admit that the reveal lacked some emotional resonance because we never got to know Glitch in his two appearances in the book. That said, I think I'm okay with it. If it had been, say, Roller or Terminus, Tarn's quick end would have felt anticlimactic. Tarn being an almost non-entity in the book seems fitting: He truly is just a thug who thinks too highly of himself. Plus, it means we get both Roller and Terminus in the cast of Lost Light, thanks to a twist I did not see coming.


Exactly, how many times has tarn been accused of being a nobody and a thug? Turns out he's exactly what everyone said he was.

Honestly it comes down to everyone falling in love with the DJD and getting their hopes up on something that really didn't need to be. I've never been a fan of the DJD. They've always been something I've never cared for and it's mostly due to the fandom blowing them out of proportion. Someone sneezes in the comic and 3 people on message boards scream "ITS BECAUSE OF THE DJD!!!"


It got tiresome for me


Despite not entirely agreeing here - I think there was some legitimate reason to appreciate a new big bad in the stories - I do agree with you that the 'nobody-ness' of Tarn plays well into that side of things. I don't think it's to spite the readers or fans, but it does address the overhype phenomenon within the story itself.

That said, and as MrBlack points out, Glitch is not entirely a nobody.


Also. Also. Can we talk about Ravage? And those three panels of Soundwave being hurt to his precious core?



I don't mean to say we can't appreciate them. It just feels like a lot of people were beating a dead horse. The past year alone felt like that. The stories about the charisma aliens. Before it was revealed I read so many "I BET ITS THE DJD!" Or the Swearth issue "a planet chasing the lost light?! It's the DJD in a war world!" Or it could be something else, not every story has to be about them. It just got annoying for me. Sorry rant over.

ravege was a hell of a emotional scene and the cut away to Soundwave was pretty sad. Took me way a little since technically this happened while Soundwave was recruiting people to his sanctuary but I understand why we haven't had any kind of emotional scene in the other books. Technically we couldn't. It would have given it away. Even a scene of Soundwave upset for no reason 8 months ago would have let people to speculate this. Great scene one of my favorites in this story

glitch is anybody in the sense that Tappet is a nobody. He's there but he was a major player for this purpose shouldn't have been.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809466)
Posted by Va'al on July 27th, 2016 @ 7:40am CDT
MemphisR56 wrote:Aaaaand we get another panel with Nautica overwrought in the background, weeping for her fallen kitty friend ravage. Not to mention the panels with Soundwave feeling his death and crumbling to his knees.

Once again:
b92.png


Va'al reacted to this post. :-(
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809467)
Posted by ScottyP on July 27th, 2016 @ 7:40am CDT
The scene with Soundwave was heart wrenching. "Turn the screw" indeed. Jimmy V said if you laugh, think, and cry, that's a full day, so I guess this makes this a pretty full issue.

So who wants to chat about why Overlord left and why it was because of what happened at the end and not what he said was the reason? Not that I should ask such things with a full day of work ahead where I won't be online...
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809469)
Posted by Kurona on July 27th, 2016 @ 7:49am CDT
I'd say stuff but TOO BUSY CRYING OVER RAVAGE
My god that hit me; he was one of my favourite characters. And that cutaway to Soundwave... god, Soundwave's the best character in his book. He's too good for ex-rid.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809470)
Posted by MemphisR56 on July 27th, 2016 @ 7:50am CDT
ScottyP wrote:So who wants to chat about why Overlord left and why it was because of what happened at the end and not what he said was the reason? Not that I should ask such things with a full day of work ahead where I won't be online...


So you're saying that the Galactic Council was responsible for the Geo Bomb?

If so, that would make sense for Overlord to turn tail. Plus we already know that The council has had access to killmasters geobomb designs... iirc, that was set up in an earlier issue, right?
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809471)
Posted by Kurona on July 27th, 2016 @ 8:01am CDT
By the way, before Megatron killed Tesarus, he called him "Crucible".
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Crucible
I'd say it's a coincidence, but this is James Friggin' Roberts here.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809472)
Posted by MrBlack on July 27th, 2016 @ 8:03am CDT
MemphisR56 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:So who wants to chat about why Overlord left and why it was because of what happened at the end and not what he said was the reason? Not that I should ask such things with a full day of work ahead where I won't be online...


So you're saying that the Galactic Council was responsible for the Geo Bomb?

If so, that would make sense for Overlord to turn tail. Plus we already know that The council has had access to killmasters geobomb designs... iirc, that was set up in an earlier issue, right?

The Galactic Council guy was waving the Geobomb around on the first page of this issue, referring to it as the backup plan.

Not sure if that is what prompted Overlord to leave. Perahaps it's as simple as what he said: He saw Megatron seeming to cower before him and realized that there was no point to killing him. Perhaps the distress signal had some subtle effect on him.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809473)
Posted by MemphisR56 on July 27th, 2016 @ 8:04am CDT
Kurona wrote:By the way, before Megatron killed Tesarus, he called him "Crucible".
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Crucible
I'd say it's a coincidence, but this is James Friggin' Roberts here.


I already tweeted at J-Ro asking him for clarification on this one :D
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809478)
Posted by Va'al on July 27th, 2016 @ 8:21am CDT
MrBlack wrote:
MemphisR56 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:So who wants to chat about why Overlord left and why it was because of what happened at the end and not what he said was the reason? Not that I should ask such things with a full day of work ahead where I won't be online...


So you're saying that the Galactic Council was responsible for the Geo Bomb?

If so, that would make sense for Overlord to turn tail. Plus we already know that The council has had access to killmasters geobomb designs... iirc, that was set up in an earlier issue, right?

The Galactic Council guy was waving the Geobomb around on the first page of this issue, referring to it as the backup plan.

Not sure if that is what prompted Overlord to leave. Perahaps it's as simple as what he said: He saw Megatron seeming to cower before him and realized that there was no point to killing him. Perhaps the distress signal had some subtle effect on him.


The Council are jerks.

BOY THIS IS SO MUCH FUN
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809508)
Posted by Randomhero on July 27th, 2016 @ 9:44am CDT
going back and rereading Glitchs free scenes just makes it more tragic. The poor guy was an outlier which made him an outcast, he had his head and hands removed. He's had it rough.

Cute nod is the fact that when Orion tells Roller to read Megatrons writing in the elegant chaos story, glitch is standing between then listening to Orion's advice.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809515)
Posted by Va'al on July 27th, 2016 @ 9:56am CDT
Randomhero wrote:going back and rereading Glitchs free scenes just makes it more tragic. The poor guy was an outlier which made him an outcast, he had his head and hands removed. He's had it rough.

Cute nod is the fact that when Orion tells Roller to read Megatrons writing in the elegant chaos story, glitch is standing between then listening to Orion's advice.


Yep, as we said above, not entirely a nobody, but enough of one to support your point!
I was initially a little miffed at the reveal, but I appreciate it more and more.

Now, can we talk about the Council's insignia, also seen in the TR one-shot, and the symbol that the Sentinel Prime toy sports? And Overlord's rebuild? And..?
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809516)
Posted by Randomhero on July 27th, 2016 @ 10:02am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
Randomhero wrote:going back and rereading Glitchs free scenes just makes it more tragic. The poor guy was an outlier which made him an outcast, he had his head and hands removed. He's had it rough.

Cute nod is the fact that when Orion tells Roller to read Megatrons writing in the elegant chaos story, glitch is standing between then listening to Orion's advice.


Yep, as we said above, not entirely a nobody, but enough of one to support your point!
I was initially a little miffed at the reveal, but I appreciate it more and more.

Now, can we talk about the Council's insignia, also seen in the TR one-shot, and the symbol that the Sentinel Prime toy sports? And Overlord's rebuild? And..?



Does it? I never noticed it on the Sentinel SDCC but that's on me. I haven't paid attention to that toy. Only Brainstorm who by the I got on eBay last night for $20!!!

Anyway it does seem they are slowly but surly building toward a big confrontation with the Galactic Council.

Are you sure about sentinel toy having it? The wiki states it's a symbol from the equity forces from Megatron origin
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809523)
Posted by MemphisR56 on July 27th, 2016 @ 10:12am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
Randomhero wrote:going back and rereading Glitchs free scenes just makes it more tragic. The poor guy was an outlier which made him an outcast, he had his head and hands removed. He's had it rough.

Cute nod is the fact that when Orion tells Roller to read Megatrons writing in the elegant chaos story, glitch is standing between then listening to Orion's advice.


Yep, as we said above, not entirely a nobody, but enough of one to support your point!
I was initially a little miffed at the reveal, but I appreciate it more and more.

Now, can we talk about the Council's insignia, also seen in the TR one-shot, and the symbol that the Sentinel Prime toy sports? And Overlord's rebuild? And..?



Image

Sentinel's SDCC toy does have it, it's mentioned in the Optibotimus review of it, but he didn't know what it was either.

It's the symbol of the Cybertronian Security Force, of which Sentinel was the leader. And it's doubtless the symbol he was wearing when he was killed in Megatron Origin.

It seems likely that Overlord was rebuilt by the Council themselves. Though to what end is unknown.

The council did mention that they objected to Cybertronians saving organics on their watch, which is exactly what optimus spends his time in the All Hail Optimus arc doing. Him raising that Titan is definitely going to draw their attention.

PLUS way over in the road to revolution oneshot, it's also mentioned by GI Joe that optimus prime may have painted a target on earth for anyone else out there who was watching... ....and there's a new void waiting to be filled by new big bads.

That cap shown in the Titans Return one shot is starting to feel like one big ominous...er... omen....
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809525)
Posted by MemphisR56 on July 27th, 2016 @ 10:36am CDT
For comparison, the council symbol looks a bit more like this to me:
Security_symbol_Megatron_Origin.png
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809532)
Posted by Va'al on July 27th, 2016 @ 11:07am CDT
They are not identical, it's true, but close enough - in my view - to fuel the speculation engines.
I'm revving hard here, people.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809534)
Posted by Randomhero on July 27th, 2016 @ 11:17am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:They are not identical, it's true, but close enough - in my view - to fuel the speculation engines.
I'm revving hard here, people.


We wouldn't be here if we all weren't squinting, reading between the lines and acting like Will Hunting with math equations all over the chalkboard trying to connect anything and everything.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809539)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 27th, 2016 @ 11:31am CDT
Exposition! Twist! Exposition! Twist! Exposition! Twist!

Meh, I dunno, nothing really felt satisfying this issue. Took too long to get to some of these plot points, but then everything got rushed. The Necrobot found the time case that Megatron buried and saved Roller and Terminus and put them in organic bodies that coincidentally resemble those buried under Demus' place that those guys with the gear symbol found in 's portal dimension were looking for! "Wait, what?" OOPS Ravage died look at sad Soudwave!
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809544)
Posted by Randomhero on July 27th, 2016 @ 12:06pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Exposition! Twist! Exposition! Twist! Exposition! Twist!

Meh, I dunno, nothing really felt satisfying this issue. Took too long to get to some of these plot points, but then everything got rushed. The Necrobot found the time case that Megatron buried and saved Roller and Terminus and put them in organic bodies that coincidentally resemble those buried under Demus' place that those guys with the gear symbol found in 's portal dimension were looking for! "Wait, what?" OOPS Ravage died look at sad Soudwave!


Well he didn't put them in organic bodies he used the same thing as hallow-avatars. They just looked organic and they weren't the same as the the Cog factions. They were different
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809547)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 27th, 2016 @ 12:16pm CDT
I'm fairly satisfied with the end of this arc.

The deaths felt real, and caused the right emotions. Ravage is hard to deal with. I never cared about him at all, until he joined Megatron here, and started to change as well.

When he tells Megatron not to change back with the fresh new Decepticon charm symbol on his chest, does he mean don't change back to a Decepticon, or don't change back to being an Autobot again???

Thoughts? I'm pretty sure I know what I think it means... don't change back to Decepticon Megatron of recent old, but I think it was left to be a little ambiguous purposely.

Is Tarn truly dead? Rod and Megs left before the explosion. It seems like yes, but...???

Okay, Terminus and Roller joining up... And ROLLER should be a bit more unsure about Megatron, right? Wonder if there is a story to tell about ROLLER still.I've tried to decide on a toy to represent Terminus in my collection, before he showed up here, I was going to use Armada/Energon Treadshot (repaint of Armada Scavenger) kind of an older version of a treaded digger vehicle...oh well, it was good for about two seconds.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809552)
Posted by ricemazter on July 27th, 2016 @ 12:23pm CDT
Okay, this issue bothered me quite a bit on reflection. There's no doubt that MTMTE has pacing issues, and I know that the character moments are supposed to make up for it. That said, this has been a problem for a long time and its getting irritating that it hasn't been fixed by now. It feels like there's always a ton of things the writer wants to do, but with 20 pages there's never enough room. Instead of cutting unnecessary things, Roberts goes and does all of them anyway.

The root of the problem, I think, might be that he plants so many seeds with no immediate payoff or seem relatively inconsequential. Then, he's put into a position where he needs to do something with them. Don't get me wrong, it can, and has been, pretty cool to see some seemingly minor detail become uber important later. However, did a lot of people, in their heart of hearts, care about what happened to Terminus or Roller? Why do they need to show up at the end when they already fulfilled their story purpose? Way back when, I was fine with Terminus being another motivator/character element in Megatron's history. We didn't need him to come back. I was similarly fine with Roller falling off the face of the earth. It's pretty clear clear that, until now, his purpose in the MTMTE sotry was to be a red herring for Tarn, and to that end it's fine if he doesn't come back. With all the tiny little things that have been back loaded into the story by previous issues, this one feels like: "Hey, remember that thing we mentioned a while ago? Well, here's how its going to solve our current problem. Now excuse us while we set up more things."

I've also been pretty vocal about how much Roberst misuses Megatron. Every time I think something interesting could happen with his character, Roberts does almost the opposite. This issue, I was really enjoying the confrontation with the DJD. Last time, I'm pretty sure I said something along the lines of "I hope Megatron turns around and punches Overlord/Tarn into submission without any other characters coming to save him." Partly because I was hoping that the payoff to Megatron's character would be that he learns that it's possible for him to achieve balance between peace through tyranny and his newfound pacifism. He should learn that it's possible for him to control himself and his baser urges without turning into the old Megatron. So, this issue when he turns the tables on the DJD himself, I was exited. Then, when Ravage dies, I was thinking okay, another test to see if he could put down the gun. He couldn't do it. It took the timely arrival of Terminus to defuse the situation. He's still the same Megatron, and once again, he needs some other force to stop him.

Rant over. This isn't to say that I necessarily dislike MTMTE or Roberts' writing, but I gotta admit that I'm pretty disappointed with what's been billed as more or less a conclusion.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809556)
Posted by Randomhero on July 27th, 2016 @ 12:30pm CDT
Tigertrack wrote:I'm fairly satisfied with the end of this arc.

The deaths felt real, and caused the right emotions. Ravage is hard to deal with. I never cared about him at all, until he joined Megatron here, and started to change as well.

When he tells Megatron not to change back with the fresh new Decepticon charm symbol on his chest, does he mean don't change back to a Decepticon, or don't change back to being an Autobot again???

Thoughts? I'm pretty sure I know what I think it means... don't change back to Decepticon Megatron of recent old, but I think it was left to be a little ambiguous purposely.

Is Tarn truly dead? Rod and Megs left before the explosion. It seems like yes, but...???

Okay, Terminus and Roller joining up... And ROLLER should be a bit more unsure about Megatron, right? Wonder if there is a story to tell about ROLLER still.I've tried to decide on a toy to represent Terminus in my collection, before he showed up here, I was going to use Armada/Energon Treadshot (repaint of Armada Scavenger) kind of an older version of a treaded digger vehicle...oh well, it was good for about two seconds.


Of course he dead. Why would you think he's not? There's a panel dedicated to him being ripped apart and disintegrated by the antimatter. You don't get more dead than that
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809557)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 27th, 2016 @ 12:32pm CDT
ricemazter wrote:Okay, this issue bothered me quite a bit on reflection. There's no doubt that MTMTE has pacing issues, and I know that the character moments are supposed to make up for it. That said, this has been a problem for a long time and its getting irritating that it hasn't been fixed by now. It feels like there's always a ton of things the writer wants to do, but with 20 pages there's never enough room. Instead of cutting unnecessary things, Roberts goes and does all of them anyway.

The root of the problem, I think, might be that he plants so many seeds with no immediate payoff or seem relatively inconsequential. Then, he's put into a position where he needs to do something with them. Don't get me wrong, it can, and has been, pretty cool to see some seemingly minor detail become uber important later. However, did a lot of people, in their heart of hearts, care about what happened to Terminus or Roller? Why do they need to show up at the end when they already fulfilled their story purpose? Way back when, I was fine with Terminus being another motivator/character element in Megatron's history. We didn't need him to come back. I was similarly fine with Roller falling off the face of the earth. It's pretty clear clear that, until now, his purpose in the MTMTE sotry was to be a red herring for Tarn, and to that end it's fine if he doesn't come back. With all the tiny little things that have been back loaded into the story by previous issues, this one feels like: "Hey, remember that thing we mentioned a while ago? Well, here's how its going to solve our current problem. Now excuse us while we set up more things."

I've also been pretty vocal about how much Roberst misuses Megatron. Every time I think something interesting could happen with his character, Roberts does almost the opposite. This issue, I was really enjoying the confrontation with the DJD. Last time, I'm pretty sure I said something along the lines of "I hope Megatron turns around and punches Overlord/Tarn into submission without any other characters coming to save him." Partly because I was hoping that the payoff to Megatron's character would be that he learns that it's possible for him to achieve balance between peace through tyranny and his newfound pacifism. He should learn that it's possible for him to control himself and his baser urges without turning into the old Megatron. So, this issue when he turns the tables on the DJD himself, I was exited. Then, when Ravage dies, I was thinking okay, another test to see if he could put down the gun. He couldn't do it. It took the timely arrival of Terminus to defuse the situation. He's still the same Megatron, and once again, he needs some other force to stop him.

Rant over. This isn't to say that I necessarily dislike MTMTE or Roberts' writing, but I gotta admit that I'm pretty disappointed with what's been billed as more or less a conclusion.


Well said. The part about Megatron not actually changing is especially insiteful. And Roller and Terminus must have future implications to the next story, I would suppose, but I agree, other than to show who Tarn wasn't, and to just fill Megatron with positives when he was feeling most negative (which could be the point--he stopped the big M from making a fatal return at a crucial moment), they don't seem to serve much purpose, yet, and at this time, could have been left where they were.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809558)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 27th, 2016 @ 12:33pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Tigertrack wrote:I'm fairly satisfied with the end of this arc.

The deaths felt real, and caused the right emotions. Ravage is hard to deal with. I never cared about him at all, until he joined Megatron here, and started to change as well.

When he tells Megatron not to change back with the fresh new Decepticon charm symbol on his chest, does he mean don't change back to a Decepticon, or don't change back to being an Autobot again???

Thoughts? I'm pretty sure I know what I think it means... don't change back to Decepticon Megatron of recent old, but I think it was left to be a little ambiguous purposely.

Is Tarn truly dead? Rod and Megs left before the explosion. It seems like yes, but...???

Okay, Terminus and Roller joining up... And ROLLER should be a bit more unsure about Megatron, right? Wonder if there is a story to tell about ROLLER still.I've tried to decide on a toy to represent Terminus in my collection, before he showed up here, I was going to use Armada/Energon Treadshot (repaint of Armada Scavenger) kind of an older version of a treaded digger vehicle...oh well, it was good for about two seconds.


Of course he dead. Why would you think he's not? There's a panel dedicated to him being ripped apart and disintegrated by the antimatter. You don't get more dead than that


Cause stories dude. In comics, death rarely equals dead... even in extremes.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809560)
Posted by Randomhero on July 27th, 2016 @ 12:38pm CDT
ricemazter wrote:Okay, this issue bothered me quite a bit on reflection. There's no doubt that MTMTE has pacing issues, and I know that the character moments are supposed to make up for it. That said, this has been a problem for a long time and its getting irritating that it hasn't been fixed by now. It feels like there's always a ton of things the writer wants to do, but with 20 pages there's never enough room. Instead of cutting unnecessary things, Roberts goes and does all of them anyway.

The root of the problem, I think, might be that he plants so many seeds with no immediate payoff or seem relatively inconsequential. Then, he's put into a position where he needs to do something with them. Don't get me wrong, it can, and has been, pretty cool to see some seemingly minor detail become uber important later. However, did a lot of people, in their heart of hearts, care about what happened to Terminus or Roller? Why do they need to show up at the end when they already fulfilled their story purpose? Way back when, I was fine with Terminus being another motivator/character element in Megatron's history. We didn't need him to come back. I was similarly fine with Roller falling off the face of the earth. It's pretty clear clear that, until now, his purpose in the MTMTE sotry was to be a red herring for Tarn, and to that end it's fine if he doesn't come back. With all the tiny little things that have been back loaded into the story by previous issues, this one feels like: "Hey, remember that thing we mentioned a while ago? Well, here's how its going to solve our current problem. Now excuse us while we set up more things."

I've also been pretty vocal about how much Roberst misuses Megatron. Every time I think something interesting could happen with his character, Roberts does almost the opposite. This issue, I was really enjoying the confrontation with the DJD. Last time, I'm pretty sure I said something along the lines of "I hope Megatron turns around and punches Overlord/Tarn into submission without any other characters coming to save him." Partly because I was hoping that the payoff to Megatron's character would be that he learns that it's possible for him to achieve balance between peace through tyranny and his newfound pacifism. He should learn that it's possible for him to control himself and his baser urges without turning into the old Megatron. So, this issue when he turns the tables on the DJD himself, I was exited. Then, when Ravage dies, I was thinking okay, another test to see if he could put down the gun. He couldn't do it. It took the timely arrival of Terminus to defuse the situation. He's still the same Megatron, and once again, he needs some other force to stop him.

Rant over. This isn't to say that I necessarily dislike MTMTE or Roberts' writing, but I gotta admit that I'm pretty disappointed with what's been billed as more or less a conclusion.


You obviously haven't read the dozens and dozens of posts about roller and terminus. A lot of people wanted to know about roller and terminus.

So you're a bit disappointed about being surprised? So what if things arnt the same as how you envision it. It means you're not right and you get a surprise.

I thought for a year Proteus was Tarn and was damn certain he was only for that to be the complete opposite. I was wrong and couldn't be happier that I was wrong because that means this book continues to be fresh and unpredictable.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809563)
Posted by MrBlack on July 27th, 2016 @ 12:46pm CDT
I have been pretty happy with Megatron's character arc, and this issue continues that. He's really struggling to be the person he was before the war, and I can see why he would almost be ready to throw that away after this issue. He not only gave up his newfound pacifism, which had given him great relief, but he violently killed his former followers. To top it off, the bot he desperately wanted to save died anyway. He was emotionally distraught and had lost the one real friend he had left. Of course he was ready to crack. And, of course, his old pre-war mentor, someone who knew the old Megatron, is the one to snap him back.

I'm excited to see more of Roller and Terminus. I liked what little we have seen of Roller so far, and he seems like another good foil for Ratchet (his best friends always seem to be the ones that annoy him most). It will be interesting to see what Terminus thinks of Megatron's actions over the past 5 million years, and how his presence may affect Megatron's continued change of heart.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809568)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 27th, 2016 @ 12:56pm CDT
MrBlack wrote:I have been pretty happy with Megatron's character arc, and this issue continues that. He's really struggling to be the person he was before the war, and I can see why he would almost be ready to throw that away after this issue. He not only gave up his newfound pacifism, which had given him great relief, but he violently killed his former followers. To top it off, the bot he desperately wanted to save died anyway. He was emotionally distraught and had lost the one real friend he had left. Of course he was ready to crack. And, of course, his old pre-war mentor, someone who knew the old Megatron, is the one to snap him back.

I'm excited to see more of Roller and Terminus. I liked what little we have seen of Roller so far, and he seems like another good foil for Ratchet (his best friends always seem to be the ones that annoy him most). It will be interesting to see what Terminus thinks of Megatron's actions over the past 5 million years, and how his presence may affect Megatron's continued change of heart.


Well said MrBlack. I also have been a fan of Megatron via MTMTE. Never before from any fiction did I really care about him as more than the extreme bad guy leader who plays foil to the Autobots I sided with. Seeing him grow and change really, and the characterization of many characters including Starscream,and Thundercracker, and Prowl have made it so that the sides are not always so black and white, or red and purple. Each side has their monsters, each side has those that are on the fringe (Whirl and Drift), nobody's character can really be taken for face value anymore, they are complex beings with complex motivations, and that IS AWESOME, and really what I have wanted out of Transformers characters for a long time!

RandomH, are you okay? I'm reading your posts like you are very defensive, emotional, and on edge. Did the book hit you that hard, or are we being that bad? :)
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809576)
Posted by Randomhero on July 27th, 2016 @ 1:08pm CDT
Tigertrack wrote:
MrBlack wrote:I have been pretty happy with Megatron's character arc, and this issue continues that. He's really struggling to be the person he was before the war, and I can see why he would almost be ready to throw that away after this issue. He not only gave up his newfound pacifism, which had given him great relief, but he violently killed his former followers. To top it off, the bot he desperately wanted to save died anyway. He was emotionally distraught and had lost the one real friend he had left. Of course he was ready to crack. And, of course, his old pre-war mentor, someone who knew the old Megatron, is the one to snap him back.

I'm excited to see more of Roller and Terminus. I liked what little we have seen of Roller so far, and he seems like another good foil for Ratchet (his best friends always seem to be the ones that annoy him most). It will be interesting to see what Terminus thinks of Megatron's actions over the past 5 million years, and how his presence may affect Megatron's continued change of heart.


Well said MrBlack. I also have been a fan of Megatron via MTMTE. Never before from any fiction did I really care about him as more than the extreme bad guy leader who plays foil to the Autobots I sided with. Seeing him grow and change really, and the characterization of many characters including Starscream,and Thundercracker, and Prowl have made it so that the sides are not always so black and white, or red and purple. Each side has their monsters, each side has those that are on the fringe (Whirl and Drift), nobody's character can really be taken for face value anymore, they are complex beings with complex motivations, and that IS AWESOME, and really what I have wanted out of Transformers characters for a long time!

RandomH, are you okay? I'm reading your posts like you are very defensive, emotional, and on edge. Did the book hit you that hard, or are we being that bad? :)



No, I mean I've been vocal on my disappointments with MTMTE but it's never due to "what I want" or "how I'd do it" and with Tarns reveal and other stuff this issue did I guess I should expect there to be people who are a little burned because it's not what they theorized or its not how they expected it to be.

Personally, yes it was 6 months of waiting for pay offs and was somewhat disappointed with things not getting explained or stuff coming out of nowhere without an explanation in sight and this issue tied EVERY problem I've had and I'm willing to say this is a good story.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809588)
Posted by ricemazter on July 27th, 2016 @ 1:41pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:You obviously hasn't read the dozens and dozens of posts about roller and terminus. A lot of people wanted to know about roller and terminus.

So you're a bit disappointed about being surprised? So what if things arnt the same as how you envision it. It means you're not right and you get a surprise.

I thought for a year Proteus was Tarn and was damn certain he was only for that to be the complete opposite. I was wrong and couldn't be happier that I wa wrong because that means this book continues to be fresh and unpredictable.


Again, this is just my personal opinion on things, but I should probably explain my thoughts a bit more. Again, again, Roberts really, really likes to set things up so that they can payoff later, but with him it's too much of a good thing when you're trying to conclude a narrative. I know that this isn't really a conclusion to the series, but for this particular story and in terms of things leading to this story both Roller and Terminus played their part. I don't begrudge anyone for wanting to know what happened to them, and I won't deny that you could something interesting with their fates later. However, previously terminus showed up in a single issue. Here he acts as a motivator for Megatron's later worldview, not to compromise or give in to authority. Sometimes, change must be forced, by force.His disappearance, and the fact that no one cares about it due to him being some crippled miner, drives this point home to Megatron and the audience. Beyond that, he only just shows up now to diffuse Megatronand to refute what I saw, in my opinion, as positive character development for Megatron. It showed that, deep down, he hasn't really learned anything about real restraint or moderation, and is resorting to binary extremes, again. That said, it's fine for a character to have flaws, but they need to develop eventually or address it in some way.

With Roller, the vast majority of everything going on with him has been a red herring for Tarn. He feels the need to latch onto a charismatic authority figure, Optimus then Megatron, and is insecure about his ability to please said authority. He bemoans the fact that he doesn't have a particularly special ability, and resorts to an addictive performance enhancer to compensate. He's billed as one of Prime's and Ratchet's original friends. He has a similar silhouette and build to Tarn. He disappears, and no one knows what happened to him. Tarn also attaches to a charismatic figure, has a highly addictive personality, uses performance enhancers, was a member of Optimus' circle at one point, and has memories that could feasibly have been Roller's. No one save Megatron knows who he really is, and a guy with his build as well as reason to hate Optimus' and crew for leaving him hasn't been seen in millions of years. Basically, in my view, Roller's position in the story has been solely to mislead the reader, and to counter it with the actual reveal. Him showing up now doesn't add much to this arc, except for the audience to go "What!?" when he appears right before Tarn's mask is removed. From a narrative perspective, knowing what we know now, his disappearance served its purpose. It would almost be better ifhe didn't show up, drama wise, because it really slaps the audience in the face with the reveal while I think more subtlety would have been better.

If you really think about, Terminus' and Roller's appearance now and in this way means that their original departure means less. There isn't any mystery anymore. For instance, we can't have a dramatic reveal to the effect that the circumstances behind Roller's and Terminus' disappearance are actually part of a larger plot by the Cog or something. We know they were just plucked from the time stream by the Necrobot. Interesting stories about why they were missing can't be told now in a future arc. For people who really wanted to know what happened, this can't be the kind payoff you wanted. It's just not an interesting twist.

In terms of the story confirming to my expectations, you have a point. The writer doesn't owe me anything. But I can be disappointed. To elaborate, there's a difference between the plot and character development. I'm not necessarily irritated that Megatron didn't do the exact thing plot wise that I would have wanted, but I am miffed that his character, at the conclusion of the arc, didn't actually progress entirely. He's still stuck in extremes. Unless of course, the writer addresses this character flaw where another character goes "you haven't changed!" That could be interesting on its own, but it isn't addressed. Instead it feels like all the development the character has gone through is sort of wasted. You can play with my expectations, fine. I actually like the fact that Tarn isn't Roller. It's a good twist that drives home a point to that character, given the unsubtle way Roberts delivers it. I didn't expect Ravage to die either. I won't say I necessarily liked it, but it was emotional and works well enough.

Second Rant over, Primus this chain is long.

TLDR, the twist with Tarn not being Roller isn't the issue. The issue is that Roller and Terminus, having served their narrative purpose for this particular story, appear in such a way that either doesn't do much for the arc or regresses character development. For future arcs, this also means there can't be a better payoff. In my view, it would have been better for them to show up after dying of the light is over so we can have a better, impactful revelation than this.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809592)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 27th, 2016 @ 1:58pm CDT
ricemazter wrote:::Snip::


For what it's worth, I agree.

I can't elaborate at this time, but I know it's hard to defend an opinion like this when it feels like everyone else loves the material.

I think your criticism is completely valid though.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809593)
Posted by Randomhero on July 27th, 2016 @ 2:02pm CDT
ricemazter wrote:
Randomhero wrote:You obviously hasn't read the dozens and dozens of posts about roller and terminus. A lot of people wanted to know about roller and terminus.

So you're a bit disappointed about being surprised? So what if things arnt the same as how you envision it. It means you're not right and you get a surprise.

I thought for a year Proteus was Tarn and was damn certain he was only for that to be the complete opposite. I was wrong and couldn't be happier that I wa wrong because that means this book continues to be fresh and unpredictable.


Again, this is just my personal opinion on things, but I should probably explain my thoughts a bit more. Again, again, Roberts really, really likes to set things up so that they can payoff later, but with him it's too much of a good thing when you're trying to conclude a narrative. I know that this isn't really a conclusion to the series, but for this particular story and in terms of things leading to this story both Roller and Terminus played their part. I don't begrudge anyone for wanting to know what happened to them, and I won't deny that you could something interesting with their fates later. However, previously terminus showed up in a single issue. Here he acts as a motivator for Megatron's later worldview, not to compromise or give in to authority. Sometimes, change must be forced, by force.His disappearance, and the fact that no one cares about it due to him being some crippled miner, drives this point home to Megatron and the audience. Beyond that, he only just shows up now to diffuse Megatronand to refute what I saw, in my opinion, as positive character development for Megatron. It showed that, deep down, he hasn't really learned anything about real restraint or moderation, and is resorting to binary extremes, again. That said, it's fine for a character to have flaws, but they need to develop eventually or address it in some way.

With Roller, the vast majority of everything going on with him has been a red herring for Tarn. He feels the need to latch onto a charismatic authority figure, Optimus then Megatron, and is insecure about his ability to please said authority. He bemoans the fact that he doesn't have a particularly special ability, and resorts to an addictive performance enhancer to compensate. He's billed as one of Prime's and Ratchet's original friends. He has a similar silhouette and build to Tarn. He disappears, and no one knows what happened to him. Tarn also attaches to a charismatic figure, has a highly addictive personality, uses performance enhancers, was a member of Optimus' circle at one point, and has memories that could feasibly have been Roller's. No one save Megatron knows who he really is, and a guy with his build as well as reason to hate Optimus' and crew for leaving him hasn't been seen in millions of years. Basically, in my view, Roller's position in the story has been solely to mislead the reader, and to counter it with the actual reveal. Him showing up now doesn't add much to this arc, except for the audience to go "What!?" when he appears right before Tarn's mask is removed. From a narrative perspective, knowing what we know now, his disappearance served its purpose. It would almost be better ifhe didn't show up, drama wise, because it really slaps the audience in the face with the reveal while I think more subtlety would have been better.

If you really think about, Terminus' and Roller's appearance now and in this way means that their original departure means less. There isn't any mystery anymore. For instance, we can't have a dramatic reveal to the effect that the circumstances behind Roller's and Terminus' disappearance are actually part of a larger plot by the Cog or something. We know they were just plucked from the time stream by the Necrobot. Interesting stories about why they were missing can't be told now in a future arc. For people who really wanted to know what happened, this can't be the kind payoff you wanted. It's just not an interesting twist.

In terms of the story confirming to my expectations, you have a point. The writer doesn't owe me anything. But I can be disappointed. To elaborate, there's a difference between the plot and character development. I'm not necessarily irritated that Megatron didn't do the exact thing plot wise that I would have wanted, but I am miffed that his character, at the conclusion of the arc, didn't actually progress entirely. He's still stuck in extremes. Unless of course, the writer addresses this character flaw where another character goes "you haven't changed!" That could be interesting on its own, but it isn't addressed. Instead it feels like all the development the character has gone through is sort of wasted. You can play with my expectations, fine. I actually like the fact that Tarn isn't Roller. It's a good twist that drives home a point to that character, given the unsubtle way Roberts delivers it. I didn't expect Ravage to die either. I won't say I necessarily liked it, but it was emotional and works well enough.

Second Rant over, Primus this chain is long.

TLDR, the twist with Tarn not being Roller isn't the issue. The issue is that Roller and Terminus, having served their narrative purpose for this particular story, appear in such a way that either doesn't do much for the arc or regresses character development. For future arcs, this also means there can't be a better payoff. In my view, it would have been better for them to show up after dying of the light is over so we can have a better, impactful revelation than this.



But they are part of the story as a whole. They appeared in season 2 and the dying of the light became something of a pay off to almost everything that happened in season 2 with the exception of the Cog Faction.

As for Tarns reveal, it's heavily implied that his it wasn't a mystery to the universe much like how the mysterious senator was only a mystery to the audience. Tarns identity was implied to be public knowledge hence why there was no jaw dropping panel of the crew watching. Only velocity asked who he was and then got interrupted by Roller walking in. That's Not just roller saying "that's not important" that's Roberts saying it's not important. Roberts has spent all day on Twitter answering questions and one question he answered was "tarn is Tarn 'nuff said" who tarn used to be was never suppose to be a mystery. We made it a big deal and because Roberts was hounded for 3 years "I bet this guy is tarn!" or "ROLLER IS TARN I KNOW IT IS!" He messed with us. That what Roberts does. I've said every time someone brought up the argument and used issue 38 with all the red herrings that roller is Tarn that it's all just to throw us off and tossing blatant clues is not how he writes. And that's exactly what happened.

People have been blowing the DJD up for years and expected this grand reveal when it never was suppose to be. That's just my opinion but apparently that's also how the guy who created the character also waned it to be.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809598)
Posted by Quint on July 27th, 2016 @ 2:12pm CDT
Like Megatron, it isn't perfect, but there's a great deal to love despite a few rough edges.


:lol:

And Pol Pot was a cheeky scamp.

A well-thought analysis, otherwise; something of an epitaph. Kudos 8-)
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809599)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on July 27th, 2016 @ 2:16pm CDT
Tigertrack wrote:When he tells Megatron not to change back with the fresh new Decepticon charm symbol on his chest, does he mean don't change back to a Decepticon, or don't change back to being an Autobot again???

Thoughts? I'm pretty sure I know what I think it means... don't change back to Decepticon Megatron of recent old, but I think it was left to be a little ambiguous purposely.

See that's interesting, I totally interpreted it as ravage, who's spent ages being very bitter that megatron is an autobot, now seeing him wear the con badge again and figuring he's returned to the original con ideals in parallel with soundwave and his station near earth, and asking megs not to turn away from that again. However now you mention it I'm doubting myself, and thinking it could be ravage having finally realised that the autobot cause is a good one and, after seeing megatron be incredibly violent again, not wanting him to turn back to his old con self
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809604)
Posted by MrBlack on July 27th, 2016 @ 2:26pm CDT
To be honest, Roberts doesn't always do endings well. The final issues of major arcs tend to be rushed, and they don't always answer all the audiences questions.

The thing is, one thing Roberts is good at is delivering a really good epilogue to each story. The prose story at the end of "Remain in Light" and issue #40 both provide much more satisfying conclusions than the true final endings of each story arc.

The real problem I see is that I am not sure if we are going to get that, unless Roberts plans to include an epilogue in the Titans Return tie-ins. Otherwise, I have a feeling that Lost Light #1 is going to start in media res, and we'll have to wait to see how the cliffhanger in this issue was resolved.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809606)
Posted by Randomhero on July 27th, 2016 @ 2:27pm CDT
I guess what I mean to say is, if anyone is upset about tarns identity not being what they expected or it not being a big page reveal of his face, kinda get over it. The guy under that mask never had a face that we would have recognized because he never had a face in any of his appearances. I don't mean that to sound rude but it's the truth, get over it. Roberts said today that Tarn was always glitch. From issue 11 to issue 55
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809609)
Posted by Randomhero on July 27th, 2016 @ 2:29pm CDT
MrBlack wrote:To be honest, Roberts doesn't always do endings well. The final issues of major arcs tend to be rushed, and they don't always answer all the audiences questions.

The thing is, one thing Roberts is good at is delivering a really good epilogue to each story. The prose story at the end of "Remain in Light" and issue #40 both provide much more satisfying conclusions than the true final endings of each story arc.

The real problem I see is that I am not sure if we are going to get that, unless Roberts plans to include an epilogue in the Titans Return tie-ins. Otherwise, I have a feeling that Lost Light #1 is going to start in media res, and we'll have to wait to see how the cliffhanger in this issue was resolved.


Oh I agree 100% with that. Remain in light is for me is one of the worst transformers stories because it's terribly paced, it's last issue was ridiculously rushing to the finish line and had to end with a text story as a prologue.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809616)
Posted by ricemazter on July 27th, 2016 @ 2:40pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

But they are part of the story as a whole. They appeared in season 2 and the dying of the light became something of a pay off to almost everything that happened in season 2 with the exception of the Cog Faction.

As for Tarns reveal, it's heavily implied that his it wasn't a mystery to the universe much like how the mysterious senator was only a mystery to the audience. Tarns identity was implied to be public knowledge hence why there was no jaw dropping panel of the crew watching. Only velocity asked who he was and then got interrupted by Roller walking in. That's Not just roller saying "that's not important" that's Roberts saying it's not important. Roberts has spent all day on Twitter answering questions and one question he answered was "tarn is Tarn 'nuff said" who tarn used to be was never suppose to be a mystery. We made it a big deal and because Roberts was hounded for 3 years "I bet this guy is tarn!" or "ROLLER IS TARN I KNOW IT IS!" He messed with us. That what Roberts does. I've said every time someone brought up the argument and used issue 38 with all the red herrings that roller is Tarn that it's all just to throw us off and tossing blatant clues is not how he writes. And that's exactly what happened.

People have been blowing the DJD up for years and expected this grand reveal when it never was suppose to be. That's just my opinion but apparently that's also how the guy who created the character also waned it to be.


Yes, they are part of the story as a whole. My argument is that they played their part in said story and that they didn't need to be brought back for the conclusion. If they weren't brought back, that's a page or two Robert's can use to tighten the chronic pacing problems this series has had for a while now. That's in addition to my personal thoughts on Megatron's character development which, in my opinion, Terminus' halts. I understand that a lot of other people like him more as an extreme demagogue and don't care to see something else. Fine. I would have preferred that the character arc be completed with him finding a middle ground that's a nice bow string to tie up his arc with. I would have been happy if Robert's wrote the story so that Megatron is able to somehow get out of the situation while sticking to his pacifism. It wouldn't have been my ideal arc, but it would have been a completed arc. I would have been happy if somehow it was pointed out that Megatron is stuck between two extremes in the story by another character or something. It wouldn't have necessarily been an arc, but it would have been an examination of his character flaws.

I completely agree with you that Tarn not being Roller is a positive thing. That's what Roberts is going for. The point is, it doesn't matter who Tarn is. To that end, he plays with audience expectations which I can also appreciate. However, consequently Roller's entire purpose since Days of Deception has been a red herring since Roberts kept dropping false hints. Him showing up now doesn't do anything for dying of the light, except to hammer in the nail. If Roberts really wanted to stick to his "who cares about Tarn?" guns, it would've been better for him to just have Megatron reveal Glitch without sticking Roller into the scene. Roller doesn't need to be there for us to get the point.

Additionally, because both characters are brought back in the way they are, there's no impact. That's something Roberts could have saved for the next arc, so we can read an interesting story about the disappearance.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809620)
Posted by Randomhero on July 27th, 2016 @ 3:02pm CDT
ricemazter wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

But they are part of the story as a whole. They appeared in season 2 and the dying of the light became something of a pay off to almost everything that happened in season 2 with the exception of the Cog Faction.

As for Tarns reveal, it's heavily implied that his it wasn't a mystery to the universe much like how the mysterious senator was only a mystery to the audience. Tarns identity was implied to be public knowledge hence why there was no jaw dropping panel of the crew watching. Only velocity asked who he was and then got interrupted by Roller walking in. That's Not just roller saying "that's not important" that's Roberts saying it's not important. Roberts has spent all day on Twitter answering questions and one question he answered was "tarn is Tarn 'nuff said" who tarn used to be was never suppose to be a mystery. We made it a big deal and because Roberts was hounded for 3 years "I bet this guy is tarn!" or "ROLLER IS TARN I KNOW IT IS!" He messed with us. That what Roberts does. I've said every time someone brought up the argument and used issue 38 with all the red herrings that roller is Tarn that it's all just to throw us off and tossing blatant clues is not how he writes. And that's exactly what happened.

People have been blowing the DJD up for years and expected this grand reveal when it never was suppose to be. That's just my opinion but apparently that's also how the guy who created the character also waned it to be.


Yes, they are part of the story as a whole. My argument is that they played their part in said story and that they didn't need to be brought back for the conclusion. If they weren't brought back, that's a page or two Robert's can use to tighten the chronic pacing problems this series has had for a while now. That's in addition to my personal thoughts on Megatron's character development which, in my opinion, Terminus' halts. I understand that a lot of other people like him more as an extreme demagogue and don't care to see something else. Fine. I would have preferred that the character arc be completed with him finding a middle ground that's a nice bow string to tie up his arc with. I would have been happy if Robert's wrote the story so that Megatron is able to somehow get out of the situation while sticking to his pacifism. It wouldn't have been my ideal arc, but it would have been a completed arc. I would have been happy if somehow it was pointed out that Megatron is stuck between two extremes in the story by another character or something. It wouldn't have necessarily been an arc, but it would have been an examination of his character flaws.

I completely agree with you that Tarn not being Roller is a positive thing. That's what Roberts is going for. The point is, it doesn't matter who Tarn is. To that end, he plays with audience expectations which I can also appreciate. However, consequently Roller's entire purpose since Days of Deception has been a red herring since Roberts kept dropping false hints. Him showing up now doesn't do anything for dying of the light, except to hammer in the nail. If Roberts really wanted to stick to his "who cares about Tarn?" guns, it would've been better for him to just have Megatron reveal Glitch without sticking Roller into the scene. Roller doesn't need to be there for us to get the point.

Additionally, because both characters are brought back in the way they are, there's no impact. That's something Roberts could have saved for the next arc, so we can
read an interesting story about the disappearance.



Well they did need to come back though because they were part of the necrobots story in the end. Personally yes I do think it's wasn't necessary but if this is it for the necrobot then they did kinda need to pop up I guess. Best I can'conclude is while they did show up at the end they-more terminus than roller- will be very important in third season
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809623)
Posted by Randomhero on July 27th, 2016 @ 3:06pm CDT
I guess if you're not a fan of Roberts throwing red herrings everywhere I can understand. It does get annoying but he has been doing it since issue one or even chair theory and were at 55 now.

As the decepticons would say "you are being deceived"
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809635)
Posted by ricemazter on July 27th, 2016 @ 3:35pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

Well they did need to come back though because they were part of the necrobots story in the end. Personally yes I do think it's wasn't necessary but if this is it for the necrobot then they did kinda need to pop up I guess. Best I can'conclude is while they did show up at the end they-more terminus than roller- will be very important in third season


Yeah, it really seems to be that Robert's has the need to tie up every loose end he makes. I would argue that Nightbeat confronting the necrobot in the first place about his passive approach was enough for that character, and the fact that he elected to warn the lost light crew instead of allowing the djd to corner them was enough to prove that he had changed. But, because of that Roberts itch, he finds a convenient way to connect the two and kill two birds with one stone, even if it doesn't jell with pacing.

Personally, it would've been cool to bring Roller and Terminus back once season 3 actually starts. Then their disappearance could be explored in terms of the larger plot, and not resolved in a page of exposition.

Red herrings are fine too. Roberts can be clever, but he has a tendency to get too clever. His meta commentary always kind of rubbed me the wrong way.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809672)
Posted by Randomhero on July 27th, 2016 @ 5:26pm CDT
ricemazter wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

Well they did need to come back though because they were part of the necrobots story in the end. Personally yes I do think it's wasn't necessary but if this is it for the necrobot then they did kinda need to pop up I guess. Best I can'conclude is while they did show up at the end they-more terminus than roller- will be very important in third season


Yeah, it really seems to be that Robert's has the need to tie up every loose end he makes. I would argue that Nightbeat confronting the necrobot in the first place about his passive approach was enough for that character, and the fact that he elected to warn the lost light crew instead of allowing the djd to corner them was enough to prove that he had changed. But, because of that Roberts itch, he finds a convenient way to connect the two and kill two birds with one stone, even if it doesn't jell with pacing.

Personally, it would've been cool to bring Roller and Terminus back once season 3 actually starts. Then their disappearance could be explored in terms of the larger plot, and not resolved in a page of exposition.

Red herrings are fine too. Roberts can be clever, but he has a tendency to get too clever. His meta commentary always kind of rubbed me the wrong way.



I agree but I think their return in this was justified with how Megatron reacts to Raveges death. terminus showing up is what stopped him and man, that scene was a heavy one. I don't know what their relationship was before Terminus disappeared. If it was just a Teacher/student, father/son-like or if it's something similar to rewind/Chromedome but I never thought I'd ever see Megatron hug someone.

Honestly I don't think we needed to trail out where roller and Terminus have been. It was tied quite easily. I think we need more exploration on Dominus Ambus for sure though but I guarantee that's coming. We still don't know what the memory was that Prowl threatened to use against Chromedome to strum Rewind all the way bac in issue 14. If I had to speculate I'd say he removed Dominus' memories of Rewind so he'd be more accepting to go undercover. Obviously Chromedome didn't know Ambus was a Turbo Fox or maybe even 113 but I think Chromedome may have had to do with why Ambus left rewind.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809694)
Posted by ScottyP on July 27th, 2016 @ 6:10pm CDT
So much stuff to reply to. I'll try to keep it brief since I tend to accidentally kill conversations :lol: I don't have much to add to the pacing discussion, except to say that I'm actually a big fan of using additional prose as a way to flesh out other details that don't fit on the other pages. If I recall correctly, these weren't popular with a great deal of readers so James has stated he won't do it again ;_;

MemphisR56 wrote:So you're saying that the Galactic Council was responsible for the Geo Bomb?
I think they were responsible for the events at the ending, but I didn't say anything about a Geobomb. Nightbeat is smart but doesn't have a perfect track record either. Every mention of them before says that they're red, and what's seen at the end is blue. :shock:

Quint wrote:And Pol Pot was a cheeky scamp.

A well-thought analysis, otherwise; something of an epitaph. Kudos 8-)
Hehe, thanks! I will say though, Pol Pot's alt mode left a lot to be desired. P-38s or rad tanks/T-Rexes/Space Plane Things are much better.

MrBlack wrote:I have a feeling that Lost Light #1 is going to start in media res
I'm quite expecting that. Alternately, something along the way in 56, 57, or Revolution alludes to what went on at least indirectly. Worst case scenario: spoiler by solicit.

Randomhero wrote:I guess what I mean to say is, if anyone is upset about tarns identity not being what they expected or it not being a big page reveal of his face, kinda get over it.
I'm with you on this. Did I want a super cool story about Roller's descent into madness and maybe even a later redemption arc if he were a) actually Tarn and b) Tarn was not killed off? Yes, but that's not what the writer wanted or planned, so I've just got to deal with it.

Fun fact: there actually were some folks that predicted this! Just in case it isn't obvious, all of the below links are spoilers:

Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809698)
Posted by Kurona on July 27th, 2016 @ 6:19pm CDT

Woah.
It's also kinda funny reading all the responses to them that say they're totally and utterly wrong and that Roller's not that obvious so it has to be him :lol:
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809714)
Posted by Randomhero on July 27th, 2016 @ 8:18pm CDT
Kurona wrote:

Woah.
It's also kinda funny reading all the responses to them that say they're totally and utterly wrong and that Roller's not that obvious so it has to be him :lol:



Oh that's hilarious. The responses are the best. Especially the ones that say his points are not valid and not enough to evidence is there. You honestly can tell it's by people who were in the Roller camp from day one.

I'm very happy I stay away from Reddit and Tumblr because I was legitimately surprise. I had not seen a single post about it being Glitch so it was a a shock, disbelief, going back to all his appearances and dialogue about him and going "oh my god it was right here all along!" THAT IS HOW ROBERTS WRITES. He gives you subtle clues then while distracting you with the blatant clues. He is a magician with his writing.. He's distracting you with his left hand while doing something with his right hand out in the open but you're fixated with his left hand.
Re: IDW Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye #55 Review (1809754)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 28th, 2016 @ 1:59am CDT
ScottyP wrote:The Death of Optimus Prime, which ushered in what has arguably been the best long-form run of Transformers comics in history
I liked your review very much, but with this opinion I disagree wholeheartedly.

As for #55, it was pretty good. Not great, but good enough. Had the rest of the story been top-notch, it would have been a let-down. But as it was, it cleared a pretty low-set bar. Tarn's identity is a bit lackluster, but fitting nonetheless. As it has been pointed out, he turned out to be what he has been called all along. A nobody thug. And yes, Ravage also gave me the feels, but it had nothing to do with Soudnwave, even though it was a nice touch. The "Don't change back" line got to me a bit. So, overall, in my opinion, a decent ending to a mediocre story.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Beast Wars Ultra complete Hasbro 1997 210923A Magnaboss"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers KING GRIMLOCK #3 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210588 3RI (CA) Milne"
Transformers KING ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS #14 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2022 JAN220492 14RI (CA) Fortuna"
TRANSFORMERS BEAST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #24 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2020 AUG200535 24B (CA) Goux"
TRANSFORMERS #24 R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RETRAX Transformers Beast Wars Deluxe 100% complete vtg Hasbro 1997 230609A"
RETRAX Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "B'BOOM Transformers Beast Wars Mega complete + box + instructions 1997 230609A"
B'BOOM Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-08 GHOST STARSCREAM vs HAUNTED WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again New"
NEW!
BWVS-08 GHOST STAR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JHIAXUS Transformers Legacy Voyager Class G2 Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK NOW**"
JHIAXUS Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIME + BUMBLEBEE Transformers Legacy Core Class G1 Trailer 2023 New"
OPTIMUS PRIME + BU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers G2 DECEPTICON MADNESS Flip 'n' Fun Activity Pad 1993 230418A"
Transformers G2 DE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BEETLE Transformers Beast Wars McDonalds Happy Meal Fast Food Premium 230609A"
BEETLE Transformer ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PANTHER Transformers Beast Wars McDonalds Happy Meal Fast Food Premium 230609A"
PANTHER Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Transformers G1 JUMBO COLLECTORS CASE Hasbro Tara Toy 1984 Great Condition"
Transformers G1 JU ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #354 - Identity Crisis
Twincast / Podcast #354:
"Identity Crisis"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, July 13th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Blitzwing and Decepticon Hazard" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Skrapnel" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON